Georgia

Georgia

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  520 ratings  ·  32 reviews
From the seedy backstreets of London's Soho in the 60s to the tough, sexy world of international rock-stardom in the 70s, Georgia sees it all...

When nine-year-old orphan Georgia James is unexpectedly fostered by the kindly Celia and her bank manager husband she can hardly believe her luck. But then - on her fifteenth birthday - she suffers the cruellest betrayal of all at...more
Published January 2nd 2003 by Arrow (first published 1993)

Cariza
Really enjoyed this book from start to finish. I felt like I was actually part of the story and I went on the journey of Georgia's life. A well written truly beautiful story
Mercedes Keyes
Okay, I finally finished it - it took me a while because I kept putting it down. It seemed to drag on in some places with story bits that weren't intense enough to hold my interest. There was also a violent scene that left a nasty taste in my mouth. Yes, it happens - happens too often, but I didn't want to read THAT type of violent incident. So I was back and forth on whether I wanted to finish it or not. But I couldn't move on to another book until I did. As it turned out, after I settled mysel...more
Barbra
I love this author's books and this was the first novel she ever wrote. What a great book - can't get enough of her writing.

Back Cover Blurb:
When nine year old orphan Georgia James is unexpectedly fostered by the kindly Celia and her bank manager husband she can hardly believe her luck. But then - on her fifteenth birthday - she suffers the cruellest betrayal of all at the hands of her foster father and is forced to run away, leaving everything she loves behind her.
Penniless, sleeping rough, Geo...more
Jillean Whyte
Another winner from the Lesley Pearce camp. Strong main character that gives us hope no matter where you come from and no matter the situations you find yourself in or having to go through aka life. Really enjoyed, if only one flaw it did drag out at times, but the rest totally made up for it.
Jennifer Leather
I did enjoy this book but I still prefer remember me. At times I found it predictable and almost felt like it was dragging but I couldn't leave t because I was invested in Georgia and wanted to know what would happen to her. This is the first book Lesley wrote and her writing has only improved so I'd still say give it a go and ten o find all her others books too!
Karen
I read this book because the premise sounded remarkably similiar to my own Mad About the Boy. There were a few similarities but fortunately not enough for Ms Pearse to sue me!

This is clearly a first novel, the writing style is clunky, she has thrown in a few rubbish sex scenes based on ones she's read in other people's novels and has overly described everything. She had yet to find her voice and this does spoil the story somewhat.

On saying that 'Georgia' is an engaging and emotional book that ha...more
Grace
I absolutely loved the book although I have to admit at times it was a bit predictable but that didn't detract from the story.

I really enjoy Lesley Pearce books. I think she captures the characters very well. Apparently this is her first book.
Meghan Cooper
Feb 21, 2010 Meghan Cooper rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves romantic and hapy endings!
Recommended to Meghan by: My Older Sister! This is her favourite book!
I found Georgia exciting and captivating. I loved the character, I thought that the story was insipiring and moving in parts. This is a really big novel and It was in different sections of her life almost. I loved every single bit. I loved the way that the author descibed every scene in the book so well and I loved it generally. I would reccomend this book to anyone who wants a meaty, moving and eye opening story to get their teeth into!
Mary
Amazingly brilliant story. I just had to keep on at it until the end. It's a good job I live on my own as there was definitely no chores done lol.
This is my first book by this author and will certainly be looking through her other books.
Julielenore
If you have read one of Leslie Pearse's books you have read them all. They are all about some young beautiful girl who has been assaulted by someone close to her and has to run away and then rises above all of her struggles. They are all a fast read and good books to take on a holiday. Georgia is no different.
Je Dayana
I love the story very much. I feel the hardships, happiness that Georgia had gone through. The romance makes the story even more wonderful. I recommend this to my friend, she read it and said to me, "I want to be like Georgia, to never see the end of life but believe that there's still hope.".
Denise
Georgia was the first Lesley Pearse book I read back in 1993 and I have read every book she has written since. As with all of Lesley's books Georgia was an engrossing emotional story which captures you from the beginning. A fabulous read, highly recommended.
Lesley Turner
This is the first book I have read by Lesley Pearse and now I can't wait to read the next one!
What a brilliant portrayal of Georgia's character it had me gripped from start to finish!
The story was just brilliant! The tears were flowing at the end! Aw loved it!
Suzi
This was the book that caused many returns to the bookstores in search of others by the author. Each time a new release hits the shelf, I still get that dizzy stirred up feeling of excitement and anticipation, a favoured author brings.
Paul Brouwer
I had forgotten how good this book was.

Lesley Pearse paints a fantastic picture of London in the 1960's.

I would love to see a faithful adaptation make it to the big screen.
Ineke van Mackelenbergh
My first Lesley Pearse read - good writing style and good emotional descriptions but all too 'pat' and predictable. As an author I would put her on a par with Susan Lewis
Kate Butchart
Beautiful. Georgia is a multi-dimensional and very lovable character and her story emotional and dramatic. I'm sure there's a lesson for us all in there somewhere.
XXVII
This is my first from Pearse and I actually found the novel quite interesting. I'll say it's different from all the others I've read. Definitely a good read!
Tina Hogben
one chapter seemed to go off track but by the end of the chapter knew why it was relevant. the ending brought tears to my eyes
PigHedShanks
I will include this to one of my favorite books of Lesley Pearse.. The story is catchy and I really love Georgia..
Wendy
I loved this one and although my listing shows the paperback I managed to buy a secondhand hardback copy.
Tracey Tremblay
This book was amazing! I love LP and her fear novel is a great story and supposedly a true story at that!
Bec

I've read most of Lesley Pearse's & it is very typical of her writing but I enjoyed it nonetheless
Vicki Klemm
Another story about a strong girl who makes good out of a bad situation. Easy, quick read.
Kim Bezuidenhout
An amazing story of determination and excitement. I absolutely love Lesley Pearse books!
Stephanie
This was my first Lesley pearce and I loved it . I'm now enjoying all her other books .
Shirley
WOWWWWWW I really enjoyed reading it, one of the first I read by Pearse.
Nadia
Love anything by Lesley Pearse.
Frances
really enjoyed this book
☯Bettie☯
nutty nuut
  • The Unicorns Go Hawaiian (Sweet Valley Twins Super Edition #4)
  • Elephant Man
  • Two Women
  • Shanghai Baby
  • An Absolute Scandal
  • Good Night, Maman
  • Moonraker's Bride
  • Sjukdomen (Torka aldrig tårar utan handskar, #2)
  • A Concise Chinese-English Dictionary for Lovers
  • I Want To Live: The Diary of a Young Girl in Stalin's Russia
  • Captain's Surrender
  • Gathering Storm
  • Bella Mafia
  • The Journey
  • The Choice
  • En dåre fri
Lesley Pearse is one of the UK's best-loved novelists with fans across the globe and sales of over 2 million copies of her books to date. A true storyteller and a master of gripping storylines that keep the reader hooked from beginning to end, Pearse introduces you to characters that it is impossible not to care about or forget. There is no formula to her books or easily defined genre. Whether cri...more
More about Lesley Pearse...
Belle Remember Me Stolen Never Look Back Gypsy