Start by marking “Finding Family (Blood Flows South, the Beginning)” as Want to Read:
Finding Family (Blood Flows South, the Beginning)

Read Book* *Different edition

Finding Family (Blood Flows South, the Beginning)

Published July 5th 2013 by Inferno Publishing Company

To ask other readers questions about Finding Family, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding Family

Zarah
May 02, 2015 Zarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5
I've had this book on my TBR for a while now. Over and over again, I did the same thing. I looked at it, considered reading it and then traipsed off to pick up some fluffy fantasy romance. I'm such a ridiculous fantasy addict. But in the back of my mind, I knew I would regret putting this one off. Everything I've ever read by Giacomo Giammatteo I've loved and this was no exception. His writing is engaging, smooth and has a certain individual flair that inevitably makes me swoon.

Seeing Dominic
Katy
Dec 21, 2013 Katy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
Book Info: Genre: Suspense
Reading Level: Adult
Recommended for: fans of the author's stories, those looking for more info on Dominic Mangini from A Bullet for Carlos
Trigger Warnings: domestic violence, alcoholism,

My Thoughts: This is a prequel novella in the Blood Flows South series, taking place before the events of A Bullet for Carlos (review linked here). It provides background for Dominic. A Bullet from Dominic should be released soon.

One thing that Giacomo Giammatteo does very well is to sh
Peg
Feb 25, 2014 Peg rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finding Family is another masterfully crafted story by Giacomo Giammattoe.This novella is a prequel to the seriesBlood Flows South,but I would suggest reading,A Bullet For Carlosfirst. The reason I say that is because,inA Bullet For Carlos, Giacomo Giammattoe introduces Dominic Mangini to the reader as an adult gangster – a character who is ruthless and seasoned. Then the author skillfully manipulates the reader’s emotions, so that they end up supporting and holding dear this very same baddie – ...more
Naomi
Feb 21, 2014 Naomi rated it really liked it
This novella is a perfect reason on why I love this author.

While it wasn't as graphically violent as the other novel, Murder Takes Time, which garnered a 5 star review from me, it is still deep, rich and engrossing in his descriptions of both the characters, their struggles and the location, Hell's Kitchen. He has masterfully done this in about a 100 page book. I flew through it and couldn't put it down. I ended up finishing it in about 1 hour. I will say that this one did feel a bit rushed tho
Lynn Demsky
Jun 01, 2014 Lynn Demsky rated it it was amazing
“Dominic Mangini wanted what all 8-year-old boys want—time to laugh and play, loving parents, and enough food on the table. But in war-ravaged Sicily, food was scarce, and his parents were as scarred as the land.
His father said they must move to America so they could start over and be a family once again. Dominic got a new start, and he got a new family—but not the kind of family he expected.
Dominic was a young boy when he left Sicily, but he learned to live by the creed his mother taught hi
Susan
Jan 25, 2014 Susan rated it it was amazing
Dominic comes to America believing what his Papa has told him that everyone is rich in America. Once here, he finds out differently. His father drinks more and more, sometimes never coming home. His mom works two jobs and gets sicker and sicker. His little brother is a bit slow and gets picked on by the Irish kids. Dom tries to protect him as best he can but after a fight with the Irish gang, the Westies, something has to change.

Dominic's mom always told him that family is everything and that is
C.N.
Nov 25, 2013 C.N. rated it it was amazing
Having previously read' 'A Bullet for Carlos' I was intrigued by the circumstances leading to a decent man ending up the way he did. Dominic struck me as a decent man. I rooted for him, although I knew how it turned out. There was so much honor in this man and so much of a family ethic that he could not fail to come across as a good guy, irrespective of what he did. Now I know and I am very satisfied that I bought this book.

Giammatteo elevates this character into a charismatic human being. Domin
Nancy
Apr 07, 2014 Nancy rated it liked it
Shelves: family, crime-family
This was a free book, and not what I had expected. I started it some time ago, and decided to finish it, since it was a short book. It's about a family from Palermo. It tells the story of an abusive alcoholic father, a mother, and two sons, who move to America for a better life. They settle in Hells Kitchen, where its necessary to fight to protect oneself. It was interesting to read about the progression of this family, and how the oldest son became part of an organized crime family.
Ragne
Feb 04, 2014 Ragne rated it liked it
I would have liked this to be longer. Much longer, so I could get to know the characters. It felt "rushed", and at the end, it felt like the author was simply summing up to be finished. It could have been great, but Giammatteo should have had more patience and written it as a full book.
Gary
Aug 13, 2014 Gary rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very enjoyable quick read that I obtained free from Amazon. Had this book for a while but I am pleased that I finally got round to reading it. Easy book that flows well with a good depth of character for such a short novel. I would certainly consider reading more of this authors work.
Michaela
Good read

I enjoyed reading this book, it was a good read. I am looking forward to reading a bullet for Carlos.
Jamie
Good short story. Should read before Bullet for Carlos and Bullet from Dominic.
Alicia Hicks
Dec 27, 2013 Alicia Hicks rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it.

Looking forward to reading the next book! This is the first I've read of Giammatteo's and it was a page turner for sure.
Paul
Paul rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2016
Kristi J. Jensen-Johnson
Kristi J. Jensen-Johnson rated it it was amazing
Sep 12, 2016
Krissy Lee
Krissy Lee marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2016
Bonnie
Bonnie rated it it was amazing
Sep 17, 2016
Gitte
Gitte marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2016
Alan Ludwick
Alan Ludwick rated it liked it
Sep 02, 2016
Kate
Kate is currently reading it
Aug 31, 2016
Karyn
Karyn rated it it was ok
Aug 24, 2016
Patricia Dedic
Patricia Dedic marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2016
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2016
Find My Family Magazine
Find My Family Magazine marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2016
Sylvia Gomez
Sylvia Gomez marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2016
Joy Jensen
Joy Jensen marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2016
Donna Allen
Donna Allen marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2016
John
John marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2016
Allen Sacco
Allen Sacco rated it really liked it
Apr 29, 2016
Dianna Bartle Rodriguez
Dianna Bartle Rodriguez marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
I live in Texas now, but I grew up in Cleland Heights, a mixed ethnic neighborhood in Wilmington, Delaware that sat on the fringes of the Italian, Irish and Polish neighborhoods. The main characters of Murder Takes Time grew up in Cleland Heights too, and many of the scenes in the book were taken from real-life experiences.

Somehow I survived the transition to adulthood, but when my kids were young
More about Giacomo Giammatteo...

“Mamma’s mouth turned down at the sides, like it did when she felt bad. “I know, Domenico, but it doesn’t make it any easier for Papà.” I said, “All right, Mamma,” but I didn’t understand why that would bother him; everyone from the village was in the same situation.” 0 likes
“This will be the last climb,” Papà said. Wildflowers were all around us, clusters of yellow broom blanketed the empty fields and beautiful pink rock roses peeked out from” 0 likes