Start by marking “Losing Virginity” as Want to Read:
Losing Virginity

Losing Virginity

WARNING: THIS BOOK IS DEFINITELY ONLY FOR AGES 18 OR OLDER. OLIVIA HAS CRAZY THOUGHTS. IF YOU ARE OFFENDED BY INAPPROPRIATE THOUGHTS I RECOMMEND YOU DON'T READ THIS. IF YOU HAVE VIRGIN EARS I RECOMMEND YOU DON'T READ THIS. IF YOU HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR THEN READ THIS.

Olivia Spurgeon has been a good girl her entire life. Her friends have called her Spurgeon the Virgin since
Published September 19th 2013 (first published September 18th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Losing Virginity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Losing Virginity

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireEasy by Tammara WebberReal by Katy EvansWalking Disaster by Jamie McGuireWait for You by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Best New Adult Books Ever
236th out of 249 books — 144 voters
Rules of Protection by Alison BlissFallen by Lauren KateLeopard Moon by Jeanette BattistaChosen by P.C. CastVampireville by Ellen Schreiber
COVER CLONES!
375th out of 396 books — 173 voters

More lists with this book...

C.J.
Sep 04, 2013 C.J. rated it did not like it

This book was not for me.

The main character Olivia(18 yr. old college student) was overly obsessed with sex or the fact that she'd not had any yet. At times she seemed to have so much sex on the brain that she would describe her own roommates' body in detail.
She continually used phrases that make me think of a 15 yr. old boy going through puberty. I don't know any female who would say "Jesus Penus" as a description of surprise. Completely overused.
Olivia(18) and main male character's (28) first
Jessica's Book Review
Read more reviews | Find Me on Facebook

Losing Virginity turned out to be totally different then what I expected and what the book first started out to be. I found myself to really enjoy this cute, romance story and really loved Ryder, what a dream boat!

The book is told in the POV of Olivia, a college student who is a VIRGIN! She has waited this long to have sex and she seems really obsessed with it. When we are first introduced to her and her roommates all I could think is this must be how 15
Tana
Sep 19, 2013 Tana rated it really liked it
Losing Virginity by Ava Michaels

Book provided by the author in return for an honest review.

Losing Virginity was a cute, funny romance novel, it was an enjoyable, easy to read and I laughed out loud a couple of times. I thought it was a sweet romance novel and I would read more of Ava Michaels work.

We meet Olivia who is attending college and also works as an intern for a Charity organization. Olivia’s friends find out that she is a virgin and think it’s about time she loses her virginity. Her tw
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Losing Virginity by Ava Michaels is on of the most funniest books I have read. I love a good romance book with great characters and supporting characters. First I have to say that cover LORD HAVE MERCY ME! I would love to bring him home is all I am saying. Then I started reading the book and the first chapter had me on the floor laughing because it opens up with a scene that you are like holy cow and you can't keep a straight face.

Olivia AKA Liv is a virgin. She is the only virgin left in her gr
Up All Night Book Addict
Sep 22, 2013 Up All Night Book Addict rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2013
3.25 Stars

This is a tough one for me. I want to like this book so much… I am almost at a loss of words. First, meet the characters. We have Olivia. She is an 18 year old virgin OBSESSED with sex and losing her virginity. Then we have Ryder. A 28 year old man who becomes Olivia’s interest.

This book has some redeeming qualities that saved it from a diving score! It is witty at many times. I can’t deny a good chuckle or shaking of my head. The plot itself is a good one. I was intrigued by the idea
Funzee Shu
Sep 23, 2013 Funzee Shu marked it as to-read

description

First - The cover has successfully grab my whole attention !!! *grinning*

Second - The title itself make it more interesting !

Third - "The Warning" reaaaally really make me laughing.

Hope its good..

MARKED !! \(^o^)/
Alana ~ The Book Pimp
...Review to come when I have more time, but I can give a few sneak peeks:

1. Sexual anticipation during this read made my toes curl. It was heady.
2. Olivia was awkward. Not cute awkward, silly, and/or funny. Just a straight-up mess at times that made my eyes roll
3. I LOATHE the Epilogue. Absolutely hate it and feel it would have been MUCH stronger overall had it never existed.

...More to come (Final review closer to tour date)

I received an ARC eBook in exchange for an unbiased review as part of a
Jennifer ♛Jenna♛
Oct 11, 2013 Jennifer ♛Jenna♛ rated it it was ok
I just couldn't seem to get into this book and really care about the characters.Overall this book was just okay for me; I almost didn't finish reading it. Olivia and Ryder were cute together but I just felt like their emotional connection was lacking.
Jackie
Sep 21, 2013 Jackie rated it really liked it
Loved it!! "What can i say i love this kind of shit!!!" ha ha and the "penis in the eye" was bloody brilliant!!!!! x x
Georgine
Dec 11, 2013 Georgine rated it really liked it
This book was hilarious! Enjoyed it very much, except the end was a bit BLEH
Diana (Offbeat Vagabond)
Original review here: http://offbeatvagabond.blogspot.com/2013/09/losing-virginity-blog-tour-review-25.html

Losing Virginity is a story that follows a young woman named Olivia. Olivia is starting a new year as a freshman in college. She is a good student and a good employee even if her boss may be the devil. Things are good except for one thing - she is a virgin. She is now on a quest to get her V-card swiped. She hates that all of her friends already have (even her best friend who does it right
Jessica  (My Not So Vacant Shelf)
View more of my review and others at my blog: www.mynotsovacantshelf.blogspot.com

This book fell short of my expectations. I kept reading it because I though that it would get better, but I felt it got worse near the end. In fact, the book wasn’t all that bad in the beginning, but it really took a turn at the end. I felt got the impression that this book was going to be another humourous New Adult novel that would probably leave me smiling, but things started to get to me. The main character uses
Ruty  B
Actual rating: 3.5/5

Olivia is an eighteen-year-old college student who is concerned about still being a virgin. When you live with some sexually active roommates, sex can be a sensitive issue. Losing virginity is a fast read with simple language, funny situations, an odd heroine and some obvious surprises.

The story is easy to follow and you will have no problem understanding the plot (the blurb is as clear as water) and it has a fast rhythm so the intensity is always present. I read it in only f
Jennifer (Bad Bird Reads)

At A Glance
This book went up and down for me. I thought it was funny but also awkward. I was rolling my eyes a lot at the immaturity of these characters.

The Good
At times, I thought Olivia was a laugh riot. All she thought about was sex and her crazy sexual language had me giggling quite often. Her friends were so sex crazed they were almost unbelievable but that's what made the whole thing fun and over the top. I dare you to read this book and no
Amanda (Hootie) Clark
If ever there was a book written specifically for me Losing Virginity is that book. Although the main character is trying to lose her virginity and mine waved bye-bye to me long ago the circumstances surrounding the loss of her V-Card were hilarious and fun.

It's no secret that Olivia is still hanging onto her V-card with an iron fist. It's not by choice more like lack of viable options. With everyone around her constantly having sex and feeling like she's missing out Olivia sets out to find a g
Soma Rostam "IOB"
Oct 05, 2013 Soma Rostam "IOB" rated it liked it
I was a bit cautious when the author approached me to read this book. This book was one hilarious journey!
Olivia is tired of her V-card. It's always attached to her, and she NEEDS to get rid of it. She can't always be the only girl who still has her V-card. So, she decides to go to every degree to find some guy who is worth giving her virginity for. But what she finds on the way is definitely not what she expected.
This book is hilarious. Yes, it does talk a LOT about sex and losing virginity
Melissa Miller-Mattern
I was a little apprehensive when I began this book. It appeared that the character almost seemed obsessed with sex and her lack thereof. It sounded like she lived with a girl that had numerous hook-ups with different young men and she could never walk into her shared apartment without walking in on it. Once I got past all of this and the story began to develop, I thought the book got better. The turning point in the story for me was when she met Ryder (who she had met in the elevator previously) ...more
Stephanie- The Boyfriend Bookmark
Losing Virginity is a book about a girl who wants desperately to do just that. Lose her virginity. She is in college and she is pretty darn jealous that all of her friends are having sex like rabbits and she is being picky about the guy she loses her virginity to. When her best friend suggests online dating to find the guy to lose it to, Olivia is very skeptical but decides to give it a shot.

Losing your virginity is seemingly such a simple task and I am sure even with all of Olivia’s bizarre qui
Wine Relaxation and  MY Kindle
Nov 02, 2013 Wine Relaxation and MY Kindle rated it really liked it
I was a little skeptical when I first saw the synopsis because sometimes the virgin thing is a little outplayed, but this was a great read! She is a virgin, but after beginning college and seeing all of the experiences her roommates are having, she begins thinking it might be better just to get it over with. She was never ready before but now wants to experience life and feels like her virginity is holding her back.

She is not looking for an epic love, she is looking for someone she may never see
Sorcha O'Dowd
I honestly am so shocked that this book has gotten so many low reviews! I really enjoyed it. The writer has a brilliant writing style, far better than some new adult books I've read. The characters were three-dimensional and character and story development was done at a good pace. I couldn't quite give it five stars as there were a couple of things that made me cringe, but overall this was a fun book with characters who actually act like their age. Main character Olivia is 18, and at University, ...more
Anna-marie
Sep 13, 2013 Anna-marie rated it liked it
I read this for Hooked on Books

This is the story of Olivia, a college student who is, much to her dismay still a virgin. So together with her friends, come up with a plan for her to lose her virginity.
I will admit that Olivia annoyed me a bit at first, as she was so fixated on the fact that she was still a virgin & her roommate Jess certainly wasn’t.
Apart from a few cringe worthy moments, especially from her work colleagues Alex & Veronica, the actual story was rather good.
When Olivi
Hooked On Books
Sep 18, 2013 Hooked On Books rated it liked it

When Olivia meets “Big Stick” Ryder, the
Valerie
Dec 27, 2013 Valerie rated it did not like it
Um...didn't finish this one - so didn't like it. I just couldn't take the inner dialogue of the MC. First we are lectured on why she's not ready and hasn't been ready to lose her virginity. All the while, she's the worst at sexual innuendos. I really don't think a virginal college freshmen would act that way. I get that this book is going for humor but it still needs to be based in reality to be funny. Then, the internal speeches turned to the need to lose her virginity. I couldn't take it.

The b
Rachel
Sep 20, 2013 Rachel rated it it was amazing
Losing Virginity is a humorous account of 18 year old Olivia’s quest to lose her virginity, all of her friends have, her room-mate even has sex in the same room as her, no wonder Olivia is frustrated.
In her quest her friends sign her up to a dating site, it isn’t long before ‘Big Stick’ messages her and before long they meet up. Although it wasn’t quite a blind date because she had talked to him before. Their date was pretty funny, on telling each other something secret she tells him she is stil
Bia
Dec 30, 2014 Bia rated it it was ok
This was not my thing...
I keep going because I thought it would get better, but that was not the case...
Juliana
Feb 04, 2016 Juliana rated it it was ok
This was a brainless read. Moving past the various grammatical mistakes, too many people within the book seemed like caricatures. The tropes were enjoyable but I've read better.
Ally  Cakes
Oct 13, 2015 Ally Cakes rated it liked it
It was very cheesy and cute and while I did not mind that, I did mind the abrupt ending. I feel too many things were left unanswered.
Cerian
Sep 26, 2013 Cerian added it
I didn't finish this one, and stopped reading at 38%. I won't rate it since I didn't finish it, but I gave it plenty of time.

I just wasn't enjoying it. I found it really disjointed and it was like the inner babbling's of someone's mind.
The main character was way too obsessed about sex, she rarely thought about anything else. And I didn't really see what the big deal was because she's only 18.
I just didn't really feel any connection with the characters, and it was grating on me. Just not for me.
Karma♥Bites ^.~
How interesting... Blurb sounds awfully familiar...

*goes to confer*

Aha! No wonder―seems to be a common storyline these days.
See, e.g., http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17...
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃
Read up to 20%, couldn't finish.
This book was not for me.
Heroine was obsessed with her room-mates' sex lives (who were ho's) and her lack of one. She would comment on how fab everyone else looked all the time, down to their nakedness. Seemed prudish. Is a liar. Used words such as 'FML, Jesus Penus, Major drag, fag-hag'.
  • See Jane Fall (Heart of Montana, #4)
  • The Sexiest Man Alive (Life and Love on the Lam, #4)
  • My Everything
  • Rise of the Magi (Lila Gray, #3)
  • His to Lose (Cannon Cousins, #2)
  • The Perfect Fit (Riley O'Brien & Co., #4)
  • Over-Exposed (Perspectives, #2)
  • What the Heart Wants (Hearts and Arrows, #2.5)
  • Then He Kissed Me (Whispering Bay Romance, #2)
  • The Wild Side (Forever Wild, #4)
  • A Curvy Girl for the Cadet (Perfect Fit, #4)
  • The Bridge
  • 12 Christmas Romances To Melt Your Heart
  • Escaped Artist (Untamed #3)
  • Random Magic
  • Blue Moon (Holloway Pack, #2)
  • Win Me Over (Hearts and Crafts, #2)
I use to blog about books but now I'm writing a book. You can like me on Facebook, add me as a friend on Facebook, and follow me on Twitter.

Facebook Profile

Facebook Page

Twitter
More about Ava Michaels...