Start by marking “Lonely Alpha (Half Moon Shifters, #1)” as Want to Read:
Lonely Alpha (Half Moon Shifters, #1)

Lonely Alpha (Half Moon Shifters #1)

There's no alpha male quite like an alpha wolf.

When Mandy leaves the city behind and embarks on a retreat to the Great Smoky Mountains, she expects to spend the week alone with nature and a stack of novels. Instead, she ends up trapped on a remote mountain by a big game hunter who's hell-bent on bagging a werewolf. Lonely alpha wolf-shifter Jack, the last of the once-stron
ebook
Published January 2012 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about Lonely Alpha, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lonely Alpha

Sallie
Mar 16, 2012 Sallie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mandy Foster is meandering through life, pleased with her career accomplishments and hopeful for the future. But pleased and hopeful are not synonymous with happy and complete. There is an old adage, “sometimes you don’t understand how precious something or someone is until lost or the possibly of loss exists.” This is the case for Mandy Foster. She is plodding along through life until she meets Jack Bryant and she doesn’t understand the gift that he is until circumstances lead her to understand ...more
Joyfully Reviewed
Mandy needs a break from her high stress job and a weekend in the great Smokey Mountains sounds like the perfect solution. Mandy didn’t count on getting lost in the middle of nowhere with only a grumpy mountain man to help but that’s exactly what happened. Jack can’t stand it when city slickers show up on his mountain but he can’t ignore the way that Mandy makes him feel. He also can’t ignore the fact that someone has trapped her on his mountain. Being an Alpha Jack is no stranger to werewolf ...more
Mariann {at} Belle's Book Bag
I started off with Lonely Alpha and the title alone sucked me in. I loved how Jack and Mandy met and how they reacted to each other. I liked how their relationship progressed throughout the story. I liked Jack, although I thought he could have talked a little more~his character definitely gave new meaning to the strong silent type!! LOL I also liked Mandy~she was sweet and funny and she held her own when dealing with Jack.

Lonely Alpha was a good story with likable characters that I wanted to see
Emily
In much need of a break, Mandy is excited to be vacationing alone in the Great Smoky Mountains by herself. However after her GPS goes out on the fritz, she ends up at the wrong cabin and under the watchful eye of a grumpy young man Jack.

Alpha to no one and wolf-shifter Jack, doesn't want to be bothered. Mandy ends up on his doorstep not once, but twice of course when he realizes it's her scent that is bothering him and he has found his mate, he will do everything he can to protect her. Especial
Dawn
Review for Lonely Alpha This is a super short book - in short woman goes on vacation meets man he turns out to be a shifter, she also turns out to be a shifter (who knew?) they are being hunted and they are mates.

Yep that is the story - sorry I spoiled it for you. Here is the thing what I read I liked the problem was to much was left unexplained. Really you had no idea shifters exist and you turn into on and you are good with it. Then the guy is the alpha pack of one? I totally skimmed the smexy
Amanda
Nov 13, 2012 Amanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ok so i gave it 5 stars because im a sucker for a southern accent, yummy, lol. without its a 4 star because i seemed too short. though the auther explained everything about the plot well and with detail i just wished we got a bit more of Jack and Mandy, i read it within a few hours. great quick book to read..
 ~*~Princess Nhya~*~
Solid 3.5 Stars

This was a pretty good entry to this series. I enjoyed it. There were a few things that were a bit cheesy but for the most part it was a solid read.

If you are looking for a quick, sexy, entertaining & some what suspenseful read, then I would recommend this one.

And Jack & Ronnie, two very fine men of the "Shifter" world ;D
Elise Marion
Nov 06, 2012 Elise Marion rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This was a nice, light read, one that I appreciated very much for what it was. Jack is exactly what the title describes him to be; an Alpha wolf who has lost his pack because of a shapeshifter witch hunt. Someone has decided that shapeshifters are dangerous, leaving Jack without a family and constantly having to watch his back lest he end up some overzealous hunter's trophy.

Mandy is just a girl looking forward to her vacation in the mountains. She heads up to a rented cabin with plans of rest,
Theresa
Apr 07, 2013 Theresa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An unexpected vacation forever changes her! Loved this story of Jack, a lonely alpha wolf who is the last in his pack, and Mandy, a city girl on vacation in the mountains. I could imagine running through the pines with Jack and Mandy, smelling the clean air, and relaxing in the moonlight! Great characters you will fall in love with. And now a bit about they story...

Mandy is climbing the career ladder, but finally decides to take a vacation in the Smokey Mountains. She is trying to find the cabin
Gaele
Sep 18, 2012 Gaele rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great start to a series! I was given a copy of this book by the author to start a series read, with expectations of honest review .. I was not compensated for this review and all conclusions are my own responsibility.

Let me start by saying that I adored Mandy - and am amazed that she wasn't huddling in a corner sucking her thumb halfway through the book. I think I would have been. But Jack went a long way to making her comfortable, eventually, and you can just SEE the sparks fly between t
Kristy
I liked it, but I felt bad for Jack. All of his pack gone. :( He was just up in the mountains all by himself with no pack anymore. It was sad.

I LOVED how Mandy and Jack met. Mandy has just pulled up to what she thinks is her vacation rental cabin. She just got out of her car and was walking towards the cabin when...

"What the hell?" The cabin's screen door banged open, and a man stepped out, swearing loudly.

Mandy jumped, tripping backward into her car and rolling across the hood like a spy in a
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Charnel's review posted on Guilty Pleasures

Lonely Alpha is a good, fast paced story about a vacation in the woods turning into a nightmare for city woman, Mandy. Jack comes to Mandy's rescue but he also brings more trouble, danger and adventure than she could ever imagine.

Jack and Mandy start of arguing but things quickly heat up between the two. I honestly was surprised by a few aspects of this story; usually I stay away from stories where the main characters are being chased throughout the boo
Delphina
Sep 03, 2012 Delphina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love shifters and was excited to find this series. Lately I have found that more and more books are being written about shifters (yay), but many are forgetting that the shifters are not just shiny happy people who can become and animal just because it is a cool party trick (boo). Ms. Rose did not forget that a were wolf is half wolf. She included the darkness and animal side of her were and also included the darkness of humans. Somehow she managed to do all of that while writing a super hawt ...more
Jul 14, 2016 Laura rated it it was ok
This book was lackluster for me. The pacing was too fast so there was no time for character development. As such, I felt disconnected from the main characters and didn't really care one way or another what happened to them.

For me this is a definite filler book. It is a book where you don't have to really think or pay attention to what you are reading. It was meh and a waste of time. If you are looking for a good shifter romance this is not it.
Chrystina Williams
Mar 25, 2014 Chrystina Williams rated it really liked it
Good for as short as it was. The only problems I had with this book were the usual ones you encounter with a novella length book, it was a little rushed here and there and felt too short. That said, I did enjoy it and am going to read the rest in the series. Luckily I bought the boxed ebook set :)

3 1/2 Stars
Lizzie
I don't know she did it, but Ranae was able to pack quite a punch in such a quick read. Vacations, strong sexy men, wolves, shapeshifters,crazy hunters...(GASPS FOR BREATHE.) It had everything; I might have missed it but I'm sure I read about a kitchen sink.
Dee
Jan 31, 2013 Dee rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good little short read. To the point without carrying on.
Great intro to the main characters Jack & Mandy.
Becky
Sep 21, 2012 Becky rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you like shape shifters this book is for you. Once I started reading this I couldn't put it down. Looking forward to seeing what happens next.
Tia
Oct 18, 2012 Tia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was actually quite a timid novel to read. Even the hunter part wasn't too exciting. It mostly definitely wasn't the best shifter novel I've ever read but was good enough on it's own.
Sussan
Apr 27, 2014 Sussan rated it it was amazing
Wow what an awesome book. Loved the storyline and the two characters. The suspense of a killer after them was thrilling
Jane Malan
Jane Malan rated it liked it
Sep 14, 2014
AmelieD
AmelieD rated it it was ok
Dec 01, 2013
Teresa
Teresa rated it it was amazing
Dec 12, 2013
Luceeeee
Luceeeee rated it liked it
May 09, 2015
Nicola Bolderston
Nicola Bolderston rated it it was amazing
Jun 02, 2013
Susan
Susan rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2014
Jordan
Jordan rated it liked it
Feb 08, 2013
Kelly *that's me*
Kelly *that's me* rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2012
Diane Lynch
Diane Lynch rated it liked it
May 08, 2013
Isha
Isha rated it really liked it
Nov 21, 2012
  • Taken by the Alpha Wolf (Draicon Werewolves, #0.5)
  • Make Me (KinKaid Wolf Pack, #2)
  • Shattered Emotions (Redwood Pack, #5)
  • Deadman's Blood (Blood Series, #5)
  • Berserker's Rage (SmokeJumpers, #2)
  • Spell Bound (Darkly Enchanted, #1)
  • Chosen by Fate (Para-Ops, #2)
  • Darkest Wolf (Westervelt Wolves, #7)
  • L.A. Caveman
  • A Siberian Werewolf in London (Siberian Volkov Pack, #2)
I write what I know and love: adult romance with blue-collar heroes and real-life flavor. Tattoos, handcuffs and men in uniform are a few of my favorite things, and it shows in my thirty+ published books.

I live in the South with my man in uniform, who I married for the entertainment value. Just kidding - it was the handcuffs, err, true love. ;)

So far, our happily ever after includes a couple kids,
More about Ranae Rose...

Half Moon Shifters (3 books)
  • True Alpha (Half Moon Shifters, #2)
  • A Taste of Honey (Half Moon Shifters, #3)