Start by marking “Veiled Shadows (The Age of Alandria, #2)” as Want to Read:
Veiled Shadows (The Age of Alandria, #2)

Veiled Shadows (The Age of Alandria #2)

4.19  ·  Rating Details  ·  220 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
Shadows linger where light is obstructed, and truth is veiled.

Evil is an untreated disease in the once beautiful realm of Alandria.

Kaeleigh is faced with a revelation that she must reconcile. She will decide if discovering the truth is worth the unknown consequences to both herself and her friends.

Daegan, the Ferrishyn warrior, is conflicted by more than his loyalties, an
Published October 1st 2013 by Red Cabin Publishing

UnEnchanted by Chanda HahnFairest by Chanda HahnFable by Chanda HahnRansom by R.K. RyalsRedemption by R.K. Ryals
UtopYA Con 2014
76th out of 222 books — 83 voters
City of Bones by Cassandra ClareCity of Glass by Cassandra ClareHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsVampire Academy by Richelle Mead
Best YA Paranormal Series
243rd out of 258 books — 232 voters

More lists with this book...

Barbara Gordon
Sep 30, 2013 Barbara Gordon rated it it was amazing
First of all, why does the author keep torturing me?? Ending the book like that is just mean! :-p It's not nearly as cliff-hangery as Book 1, but still! Second, Finn needs to back the f up... Kaeleigh is Daegans!! Third, Maleina is an evil b*tch and needs to die! I'm not sure what exactly her play is, but obviously she is full of dark and needs to be destroyed!! *** sigh ***

I love the way Kaeleigh grew as an independent woman and a warrior. She's stronger, both mentally and physically than she w
Dianne
Too many revelations, too much pressure, too many unanswered questions and too many left unasked, the realm of Alandria seems to be overwhelming Kaeleigh as precious gifts are given and taken away far too quickly. Her life is in constant danger and even with all the protections afforded her, evil is looming closer. Is Kaeleigh strong enough to come fully into her powers? The tension between Daegan and Finn mounts, and only their desire to keep Kaeleigh safe stops them from having a knuckle-dragg ...more
Sofia Lazaridou
Sep 29, 2013 Sofia Lazaridou rated it really liked it
Shelves: october-2013, arc
I had been expecting this book from the moment I finished the last one. But I was a little disappointed when I finished Veiled Shadows. This book seemed more like theory than anything else. Things got stale. OK we found out more about who and what is and what is really happening in Alandria but I wanted some action, something a little more kick-ass than that. The characters are preparing for a battle against evil. I am hoping to see that battle soon.

I keep disliking Finn more and more with ever
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
Another good fantasy series, but the main character - Kae got on my nerves time and time again with all her whining --- all the crying got to me too.

I feel bad for Finn and can't wait to find out what happens to all of the characters!
Ginnie
Jan 04, 2014 Ginnie rated it really liked it
*I am on the road so this is my quick review of this book, more later to come for this and the first book.*

I was given this book for an honest review.

Al I can say is please dear author, no love triangle. i just recently finished a book that had one in it and it broke my heart. So above all, please don;t ruin this book with one. Ok now with that off my chest lol. I love how the characters in this story are growing and becoming who they are meant to be. Kaeleigh is coming into her own while Chel
Stephanie
Dec 30, 2013 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013, kobo
I read book one for a book group I am in and as soon as I finished I had to read book two and find out more, I was left hanging a bit and I just really needed to know. This book picked up right were book one left off and I was very pleased at how quickly I was sucked back into this beautifully written world and it's equally beautiful and fascinating characters. I liked how I got a lot of my questions answered right away, but was also given a bunch more questions which kept me reading on quickly ...more
Stacy
Jan 05, 2014 Stacy rated it really liked it
I can only imagine what the inside of Ms. Wylie's head must be like. The imagery of this story, the second in the series, is just phenomenal. I love an author that can use their words to paint a picture in my head as I read. I want to go to Alandria and be a part of this story. My only negative comment is the abrupt cliff hanger. I felt like I was pushed over the edge, screaming for more. I cannot wait until the next book comes out.
Amanda
Dec 27, 2013 Amanda rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
Ugh ok why does it have to end I have to wait for the next book.. Hello, I want more now please!! I really in to this story and just don’t want to wait. In this book you find out more of what is happening in Alandria. I love the way Kaeleigh continues to grow in this book . PS IDK why but I want her with Finn.. LOL I know I’m the only one here. As for Daegan he’s a good guy and you will like him.. but I feel Finn is a bit more loyal. I felt this book answered some the questions the book one did ...more
Bri (The Bookish Dragons)
What I liked: This book certainly upped the stakes when comparing it to the first book. More questions, few answers, adventure, and even a wild card thrown into the mix when someone joins our little band of adventurers. I like how even though there are definite romantic undertones to the story, Kaeleigh realizes that saving Alandria is more important than her love life. It's a definite change up from what I'm used to in books where there's a love interest. There was more world building weaved in ...more
Colleen Everly
Dec 30, 2013 Colleen Everly rated it it was amazing
Oh the world this author creates. I Really really liked this book. This series is awesome. The paranormals are amazing. The heroine had to go through many changes during her transition. She sometimes had a hard time adapting or adjusting the pointed ears to me would be very hard to accept. I would recommend this to anyone who loves paranormal fantasies.
Jules Goud
Man, this book took me a while to get through. But I still loved it! And I will be reading the next book as soon as exams are over!

We learn a little bit more about Kae's heritage and what she is supposed to do, but we are definitely left with more questions than answers. We don't get a lot of answers for the questions that we originally had, allowing the pile to grow.

I liked how the romance was incorporated into the novel. It wasn't that over powering of everything else and it fit nicely. Howeve
Maria
Oct 06, 2013 Maria rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, 2013
*From my blog, Reading the Alphabet.*

Veiled Shadows begins where Silent Orchids ends in Hunter’s cabin. Kaeleigh is about to learn that she is the key figure in a prophesy, the one who will restore the light to Alandria. The path to doing this will not be easy, Kaeleigh will be tested at every turn, and there are beings searching for Kaeleigh, beings that would seek to use her…or destroy her.

Kaeleigh continues to be a multifaceted character. It was wonderful to see her transformation, in all sen
Justine
Jan 22, 2014 Justine rated it really liked it
Veiled Shadows was this weeks book of the week in my review group and luckily I had scooped it up while it was free. This instalment started right where the first book left off, which to me is key to a sequel. It was a quick and easy read that held my attention throughout, I liked that there was a kind of love triangle going on. I know who I want Kaeleigh to end up with but I'll have to continue the series to see what happens.
As far as characters go, I feel like they all grew as characters but I
Pamela
Jun 11, 2014 Pamela rated it it was amazing
The story continues with Kaeleight's discovery of the mysterious stranger, Daegan, and the reason for his continued interest in her. Life is about to change for her and her friends, Finn and Chel. She has decided to take a trip to another realm with Daegan to find out who she really is. This is now her destiny.

This was an exciting adventure with many twists and turns. Do I really have to wait for Book 3? YEW
Naomi Scott
May 09, 2014 Naomi Scott rated it liked it
I enjoyed book two just as much as the first. Although I must say that I am not a fan of how the books come to sudden endings. It's as though they were written in one story and then just chopped up into different books. There is really no warning or conclusion at the end, it just stops. Other than that it was a really enjoyable book.
Alina Popescu
Jan 04, 2014 Alina Popescu rated it really liked it
From cliff hanger to cliff hanger, but I just like this kind of torture. Daegan, Kaeleigh, Finn, and Chel go on a journey of self discovery and also fight evil. Daegan and Kaleigh's love story also starts to take shape. I liked the use of magic, premonitions, shared memories, the discovery of family and belonging, and yeah, the sword training! It's a fantastic world of supernatural creatures and wonder, and I look forward to reading what happens next. There's quite a bit of POV shifting that is ...more
ruthpeaple
Apr 05, 2016 ruthpeaple rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a read

I chose this rating because of how well the book is written very much enjoying how the story is unfolding and how the characters have grown
Elizabeth Cribb
Sep 16, 2015 Elizabeth Cribb rated it it was amazing
This was so much better than book number 1. I read it straight through. I felt as if I knew all the characters.
Lindsey Shutt
Apr 21, 2016 Lindsey Shutt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved!

Loved this book can't wait for the next one!
Hpooked is not even close to how much I love these books
Ruth
Oct 17, 2013 Ruth rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Those who love fanatasy, fairies and elves
Recommended to Ruth by: Bookbub
I really like it! Clean, Vivid images. Great Story. Interesting Cast. Mystery Adventure and a quest with good and evil involved. A touch of romance, but not too much. Love the vivid pictures and images, the magic and the character evolution. Awesome. Wish the next one was out.
v
Aug 07, 2015 v rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Again another great read!!

wow! this 2nd book was awesome I cannot wait for the third. with the amazing amount of details it's a great read for any fantasy lover!
Ryan Miller
Nov 28, 2014 Ryan Miller rated it it was amazing
Really like this book, this series. It's a great journey type of book.
Tina
Nov 10, 2013 Tina rated it it was amazing
This is a awesome read I can't wait for next book in series
Valerie (Dobby_Puff)
Ahh I still love it the second time around!
Kelly
Oct 12, 2013 Kelly rated it it was amazing
even better than the first!
Patrick
Jan 05, 2014 Patrick rated it really liked it
I really think that this was a good book. It has a good progression of characters. I cant wait til the next book comes out. I was really suprised to find out that Hunter is Kaliegh's Grandfather. I like though that she was able to have a coversation with her mother.
Jackie -Sated Faery
Sep 21, 2013 Jackie -Sated Faery rated it it was amazing
Review coming soon!
Nancy Nicholson
Nancy Nicholson marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
  • The Dragon's Mate (Dragon Shifters, #2)
  • A Scent Of Blood (The Marked One, #2)
  • Sacrifice Me: Season One (Sacrifice Me #1-6)
  • Treason (The Grimoire Saga, #2)
  • Blooms of Consequence (Dusk Gate Chronicles, #4)
  • The Whispering (The Velesi Trilogy, #3)
  • Refine (House of Oak, #4)
  • Forever Changed (Mystic Wolves, #4)
  • The Legend of the Firefish (Trophy Chase Series)
  • Betrayal (Blood Haze, #3)
  • Hyacinth (Svatura, #2)
  • Pimpernel
  • Kaleidoscope (Faylinn, #1)
  • Veiled Threat (Highland Magic, #3)
  • Once Upon A Zombie Apocalypse - Kylee
  • Sun Catcher (Sun Catcher Trilogy, #1)
  • The Knight of Redmond
Morgan Wylie published her first novel, Silent Orchids, one year after moving across the country with her family on a journey of new discovery. After an amazing three years in Nashville, TN and the release of two more books, Morgan and her family found their way back to the Northwest where they now reside. Still working everyday with great optimism, Morgan continues to embrace all things: "Mama", ...more
More about Morgan Wylie...

The Age of Alandria (4 books)
  • Silent Orchids (The Age of Alandria, #)
  • DAEGAN (The Age of Alandria: A Companion Novella)
  • Fractured Darkness (The Age of Alandria Book 3)