Start by marking “Veiled Shadows (The Age of Alandria Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Veiled Shadows (The Age of Alandria Book 2)

Veiled Shadows (The Age of Alandria #2)

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  137 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Shadows linger where light is obstructed, and truth is veiled.

Evil is an untreated disease in the once beautiful realm of Alandria.

Kaeleigh is faced with a revelation that she must reconcile. She will decide if discovering the truth is worth the unknown consequences to both herself and her friends.

Daegan, the Ferrishyn warrior, is conflicted by more than his loyalties, an
Published October 1st 2013 by Red Cabin Publishing

UnEnchanted by Chanda HahnFairest by Chanda HahnFable by Chanda HahnRansom by R.K. RyalsRedemption by R.K. Ryals
UtopYA Con 2014
76th out of 222 books — 81 voters
Graceling by Kristin CashorePoison Study by Maria V. SnyderFire by Kristin CashoreHowl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne JonesThe Goose Girl by Shannon Hale
Magic, Adventure, Romance
468th out of 1,002 books — 2,994 voters

More lists with this book...

Barbara Gordon
First of all, why does the author keep torturing me?? Ending the book like that is just mean! :-p It's not nearly as cliff-hangery as Book 1, but still! Second, Finn needs to back the f up... Kaeleigh is Daegans!! Third, Maleina is an evil b*tch and needs to die! I'm not sure what exactly her play is, but obviously she is full of dark and needs to be destroyed!! *** sigh ***

I love the way Kaeleigh grew as an independent woman and a warrior. She's stronger, both mentally and physically than she w
Sofia Lazaridou
I had been expecting this book from the moment I finished the last one. But I was a little disappointed when I finished Veiled Shadows. This book seemed more like theory than anything else. Things got stale. OK we found out more about who and what is and what is really happening in Alandria but I wanted some action, something a little more kick-ass than that. The characters are preparing for a battle against evil. I am hoping to see that battle soon.

I keep disliking Finn more and more with ever
Ginnie
*I am on the road so this is my quick review of this book, more later to come for this and the first book.*

I was given this book for an honest review.

Al I can say is please dear author, no love triangle. i just recently finished a book that had one in it and it broke my heart. So above all, please don;t ruin this book with one. Ok now with that off my chest lol. I love how the characters in this story are growing and becoming who they are meant to be. Kaeleigh is coming into her own while Chel
Stephanie
I read book one for a book group I am in and as soon as I finished I had to read book two and find out more, I was left hanging a bit and I just really needed to know. This book picked up right were book one left off and I was very pleased at how quickly I was sucked back into this beautifully written world and it's equally beautiful and fascinating characters. I liked how I got a lot of my questions answered right away, but was also given a bunch more questions which kept me reading on quickly ...more
Stacy
I can only imagine what the inside of Ms. Wylie's head must be like. The imagery of this story, the second in the series, is just phenomenal. I love an author that can use their words to paint a picture in my head as I read. I want to go to Alandria and be a part of this story. My only negative comment is the abrupt cliff hanger. I felt like I was pushed over the edge, screaming for more. I cannot wait until the next book comes out.
Amanda
Ugh ok why does it have to end I have to wait for the next book.. Hello, I want more now please!! I really in to this story and just don’t want to wait. In this book you find out more of what is happening in Alandria. I love the way Kaeleigh continues to grow in this book . PS IDK why but I want her with Finn.. LOL I know I’m the only one here. As for Daegan he’s a good guy and you will like him.. but I feel Finn is a bit more loyal. I felt this book answered some the questions the book one did ...more
Colleen Everly
Oh the world this author creates. I Really really liked this book. This series is awesome. The paranormals are amazing. The heroine had to go through many changes during her transition. She sometimes had a hard time adapting or adjusting the pointed ears to me would be very hard to accept. I would recommend this to anyone who loves paranormal fantasies.
Maria
*From my blog, Reading the Alphabet.*

Veiled Shadows begins where Silent Orchids ends in Hunter’s cabin. Kaeleigh is about to learn that she is the key figure in a prophesy, the one who will restore the light to Alandria. The path to doing this will not be easy, Kaeleigh will be tested at every turn, and there are beings searching for Kaeleigh, beings that would seek to use her…or destroy her.

Kaeleigh continues to be a multifaceted character. It was wonderful to see her transformation, in all sen
Justine
Veiled Shadows was this weeks book of the week in my review group and luckily I had scooped it up while it was free. This instalment started right where the first book left off, which to me is key to a sequel. It was a quick and easy read that held my attention throughout, I liked that there was a kind of love triangle going on. I know who I want Kaeleigh to end up with but I'll have to continue the series to see what happens.
As far as characters go, I feel like they all grew as characters but I
Pamela
The story continues with Kaeleight's discovery of the mysterious stranger, Daegan, and the reason for his continued interest in her. Life is about to change for her and her friends, Finn and Chel. She has decided to take a trip to another realm with Daegan to find out who she really is. This is now her destiny.

This was an exciting adventure with many twists and turns. Do I really have to wait for Book 3? YEW
Mommysnaughtyplayground
This book was a great continuation of the series. It picked up right where the first book left off. So much happened in this book. There were several twists and turns that I was not expecting. Once I started I was compelled to keep reading until I finished. I am going straight to the next book. I can't wait to see where their journey takes them
Naomi Scott
I enjoyed book two just as much as the first. Although I must say that I am not a fan of how the books come to sudden endings. It's as though they were written in one story and then just chopped up into different books. There is really no warning or conclusion at the end, it just stops. Other than that it was a really enjoyable book.
Alina Popescu
From cliff hanger to cliff hanger, but I just like this kind of torture. Daegan, Kaeleigh, Finn, and Chel go on a journey of self discovery and also fight evil. Daegan and Kaleigh's love story also starts to take shape. I liked the use of magic, premonitions, shared memories, the discovery of family and belonging, and yeah, the sword training! It's a fantastic world of supernatural creatures and wonder, and I look forward to reading what happens next. There's quite a bit of POV shifting that is ...more
vanessa Perry
Again another great read!!

wow! this 2nd book was awesome I cannot wait for the third. with the amazing amount of details it's a great read for any fantasy lover!
Ruth
Oct 17, 2013 Ruth rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Those who love fanatasy, fairies and elves
Recommended to Ruth by: Bookbub
I really like it! Clean, Vivid images. Great Story. Interesting Cast. Mystery Adventure and a quest with good and evil involved. A touch of romance, but not too much. Love the vivid pictures and images, the magic and the character evolution. Awesome. Wish the next one was out.
Ryan Miller
Really like this book, this series. It's a great journey type of book.
Tina
This is a awesome read I can't wait for next book in series
Kelly
even better than the first!
Patrick
I really think that this was a good book. It has a good progression of characters. I cant wait til the next book comes out. I was really suprised to find out that Hunter is Kaliegh's Grandfather. I like though that she was able to have a coversation with her mother.
Jackie -Sated Faery
Review coming soon!
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2015
Alice
Alice marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
Lois Enad
Lois Enad marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
antonio
antonio marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
  • Roots of Insight (Dusk Gate Chronicles, #2)
  • The Whispering (The Velesi Trilogy, #3)
  • Forever Changed (Mystic Wolves, #4)
  • Second Stone (Souls of the Stones, #2)
  • Red Rope of Fate
  • A Demon's Wrath: Part 1 (Peachville High Demons, #6.1)
  • The Knight of Redmond
  • Treason (The Grimoire Saga, #2)
  • The Scarecrow King
  • The Legend of the Firefish (Trophy Chase Trilogy)
  • Betrayal (Blood Haze, #3)
  • Threats of Sky and Sea (Threats of Sky and Sea #1)
  • The Cain Chronicles, Episodes 1-4: New Moon Summer, Blood Moon Harvest, Moon of the Terrible, Red Rose Moon
  • The Steele Wolf (Iron Butterfly, #2)
  • Ageless Sea (Ageless, #1)
Morgan Wylie, originally from the Pacific Northwest, now resides near Nashville, TN with her husband and daughter. She and her husband work everyday at their individual and combined creative pursuits while she learns to balance being “Mama”, wife, and mediator to the many voices and muses constantly chattering in her head.

You can find her and news on her books at the following:

MorganWylie.net
Morg
More about Morgan Wylie...

The Age of Alandria (4 books)
  • Silent Orchids (The Age of Alandria, Book 1)
  • DAEGAN (The Age of Alandria: A Companion Novella)
  • Fractured Darkness (The Age of Alandria Book 3)
Silent Orchids (The Age of Alandria, Book 1) DAEGAN (The Age of Alandria: A Companion Novella) Fractured Darkness (The Age of Alandria Book 3) After Twilight: Six Tales of First Loves, Extraordinary Heroines, and Daring Adventures