Start by marking “Lady in Pearls” as Want to Read:
Lady in Pearls

Lady in Pearls (Secrets of the Zodiac)

A savvy investigator seeks answers to a secretive woman's past, but the price is higher than they bargained for…

The aristocratic Nathan Bancroft was once part of a secret organization of spies called the Zodiac. But after an assignment goes devastatingly wrong, he resigns, haunted by his mistakes. Now he uses his skills and social connections to solve little “problems” his
ebook, 2nd, 100 pages
Published July 9th 2013 by SkySpark Books (first published July 7th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Lady in Pearls, please sign up.

Recent Questions

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

BUR 2012
Aug 04, 2013 BUR 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: trad-regency
Posted on: Buried Under Romance

Lady in Pearls is a lovely and short tale with romance, intrigue, and most importantly, love. It is fast-paced and thoroughly amusing, with interesting multi-dimensional characters and a plot that never ceases to engage the readers. For a novella to break out of the many molds of Regency romance is surprising, and even more so when it's well done to a high degree.

Sir Nathan Bancroft likes to solve mysteries, and when he is hired by Beatrice Phillips to discover w
Linda Sims
Jul 08, 2013 Linda Sims rated it really liked it
LADY IN PEARLS

Set in 1821 this charming period romance has a fairytale feel to it. Sir Nathan Bancroft is a man whom others turn to when there is a mystery to be solved or a problem that needs fixing. So when he's contacted by Mrs. Beatrice Phillips he knows that she is going to require his help. In fact she wants him to investigate her granddaughter Vanessa a wealthy young woman, who it seems is drawing a large sum of money from her bank each month. Beatrice fears the worst, that Vanessa is in
Wendy Tavenner
Jan 22, 2017 Wendy Tavenner rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved the short story of Nathan and Vanessa. Ethan has left his days behind as a spy and work as a man of discretion, helping people. When Beatrice (Vanessa's Grandmother) hires him to find out who she gives 20 pounds to every month. What Nathan finds he would not have believed. He falls in love with Vanessa and does everything he can humanly possible to help her. A wonderful short story!!
Lori
Find this review and more at Lusty Penguin Reviews!

Delightfully entertaining, Lady in Pearls is a sweet Regency romance novella by Elizabeth Cole. With vivid descriptions and vibrant characters, the author pulls readers into this charming romance making them feel like they are right there in London, 1821.

Sir Nathan Bancroft is a discreet problem solver for those who need help in covering up scandals. Certain that her granddaughter, Vanessa, is being blackmailed, Beatrice Phillips hires Nathan to
Ariel McCollums
Jan 08, 2015 Ariel McCollums rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
Lady in Pearls is a sweet little Novella about a mysterious woman named Vanessa and a gentleman named Nathan. Vanessa in an independent woman with her own wealth, but lives with her meddling aristocratic grandmother. The grandmother finds that Vanessa has taken to withdrawing large sums of money on a regular basis and fears her granddaughter is being blackmailed and enlists Nathan, who has a talent for secrets, to discover what is happening. As it turns out, things are not as they appear. My onl ...more
My Book Addiction and More MBA
LADY IN PEARLS by Elizabeth Cole is an sweet Regency Historical Romance set in 1821 London.A Novella. A quick,fast paced story filled with passion,secrets,deception,finding answers,romance and love. Well written with charming,witty and engaging characters and an interesting plot. A fairy tale sorta of story. A string of pearls and a unique plot,want more.... For another quick,fun afternoon read, pick up "Lady in Pearls" you will not regret reading this one. I look forward to more from this autho ...more
John Hennessy
Oct 23, 2013 John Hennessy rated it really liked it
Shelves: women-s-fiction
I can't add much to what has already been written. But I will say that Elizabeth Cole really 'drew me in' with her vivid descriptions and wonderful prose.

It's a novella, so I accept it is short, but it would not have been harmed in any way to be longer.

I was born a long time after 1821, but the descriptions are so vivid I felt I was there. You know the holodeck adventures in Star Trek? It's like you could create the perfect regency setting, and it would look like the characters fit into the worl
Michael-Ann
Sep 15, 2013 Michael-Ann rated it liked it
Short story. Quick regency romance. MOSTLY clean though hinted at things I'd have preferred not be hinted at, i.e., "His dreams were unusually vivid, however, and required him to wash with extra cold water upon waking." It also had some pretty passionate kisses. I liked the story although the conclusion wasn't completely believable.
Amanda Valentine
Jul 02, 2013 Amanda Valentine rated it really liked it
Full disclosure: I edited this novella.

This is a sweet romantic story with intelligent characters whose connection goes well beyond the physical. Their banter is amusing and the pace of the story is relatively quick. The secret isn't drawn out artificially, which is something I really appreciate.
Patricia Schuette
Jul 14, 2016 Patricia Schuette rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was gifted to me by the author and I thoroughly enjoyed it. A story about a former spy who now solves problems for people in trouble. He meets a lady and falls in love while he helps to discover where her money is being spent.
Louiseann Walter
MARVELOUS!

As I had already five books of the ZODIAC Series I decided to read this one also. And I was amazed at the swiftness that I read this and how enjoyable it was. THANK YOU , Ms. Cole I await for more of this series.
Jane
Jane rated it it was amazing
Jan 27, 2015
Paula
Paula rated it really liked it
Feb 24, 2016
Jennifer rated it really liked it
May 03, 2016
Lauren
Lauren rated it it was amazing
Jan 17, 2016
Daniella Santos
Daniella Santos rated it really liked it
Nov 22, 2015
Kim
May 30, 2014 Kim rated it really liked it
Shelves: regency-romance
Fun, quick, clean Regency romance!! So hard to find these days...
Stella Campbell
Stella Campbell rated it did not like it
Apr 25, 2015
Maria
Maria rated it it was ok
Jul 16, 2016
Sue
Sue rated it did not like it
Jun 01, 2014
Nicole
Nicole rated it liked it
Dec 10, 2016
Christopher
Jan 22, 2014 Christopher rated it liked it
I liked parts of the story, particularly the ending... but overall it was not very engaging.
Amanda
Amanda rated it it was amazing
Jul 18, 2016
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Jul 05, 2015
Lee
Lee rated it really liked it
Oct 10, 2013
Jean Valk
Jean Valk rated it really liked it
Apr 20, 2014
Marcelle Cole
Marcelle Cole rated it really liked it
Apr 04, 2016
Juhi
Juhi rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2014
Kathy
Kathy rated it liked it
Jun 20, 2016
Gail
Gail rated it really liked it
Apr 16, 2016
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 05, 2015 09:18AM
Elizabeth Cole is a romance author with a penchant for history, which is why she lives in an old house in an old city. She can be found hanging around libraries and archives, or curled in a corner reading, cat on lap. She believes in love at first sight. Then again, she also believes that mac 'n' cheese is a healthy breakfast, so don't trust her judgment on everything.

Get in touch with her at http
More about Elizabeth Cole...

Secrets of the Zodiac (5 books)
  • A Heartless Design (Secrets of the Zodiac #1)
  • A Reckless Soul (Secrets of the Zodiac, #2)
  • A Shameless Angel (Secrets of the Zodiac, #3)
  • The Lady Dauntless (Secrets of the Zodiac #4)
  • Beneath Sleepless Stars (Secrets of the Zodiac #5)