Start by marking “Summer's Passing” as Want to Read:
Summer's Passing

Summer's Passing

Strange things are happening in Port Grace, Florida.
Doug Monroe and Rebecca Carlyle are young and in love. He met her when he saved her life, but now he may need to save her again.
Someone, or something, wants her and there is no place to hide, and no safe haven from the memories of her troubled past.
Before the summer ends, the past and present will meet. Will Doug be able
Published June 30th 2013 by Createspace (first published June 24th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Summer's Passing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Summer's Passing

Cathy Ryan
Sep 21, 2014 Cathy Ryan rated it really liked it
Doug has come to Port Grace for the summer in order to write a novel, something he’s always wanted to do but it took a chat with a mysterious stranger to push him into making a decision. Annie appeared at a party, struck up a conversation with Doug and then was gone. He never saw her again.

'Annie became a part of my life for less than an hour on a cool spring night, but she left me with just enough words to spark my imagination. She gave me the framework for my first book, and with the
Jeffrey Miller
Oct 04, 2013 Jeffrey Miller rated it it was amazing
One of the best things that can be said about Randy Mixter's writing is that he always cares about his readers. To be sure, there's this feeling of trust that he builds with his readers and the promise to deliver a good story--something he does in all his stories and short fiction.

He's in top form in his latest literary offering, Summer's Passing. On the surface it seems that it's your typical boy meets girl, boy and girl fall in love, boy and girl live happily ever after love story. But that's
Mammy Oaklee
Sep 29, 2013 Mammy Oaklee rated it it was amazing
Summer’s Passing
By Randy Mixter

Summer’s Passing, A Novel of Mystery and Everlasting Love is simply brilliant! Author Randy Mixter keeps purity in heart, while expressing two real loves in clarity with a timeless love sequence.

From present to past, Summer’s Passing compels you to fall deeper in love - twice! You will be led to heal loves with a gentle heart - twice! And together fighting the unseen evil that will draw out your deepest convictions – again, twice!

I read every word written in thi
Rosie Amber
Oct 18, 2013 Rosie Amber rated it really liked it
A young man spends his summer in a beach hut so that he can write a book, but soon his life changes when he rescues a girl from a car crash. A second story is told about a girl from the past and both stories follow similarities and coincidences. A sinister evil trails both girls and the author weaves a great storyline between the two. I loved the idea of a youthful summer spent on the beach and a romance to follow. The mysterious second story had so many unanswered questions, it was a lovely tem ...more
Ethan Graves
Jan 28, 2014 Ethan Graves rated it it was amazing
Summer,s Passing holds two romance stories on two separate time settings. You will read one of the romance story in the present, while reading another romance written from a character who happens to be a writer. Summer,s Passing is a quick enjoyable read that keeps you in anticipation with each story.

I am recommending Summer,s Passing by Randy Mixter to all my friends and family. I am starting to read Scarlet and Gold. I hear two of my favorite characters from Summer's Passing are in Scarlet A
Grammar*Kitten
Jul 07, 2013 Grammar*Kitten rated it really liked it
Shelves: worked-with
Summer's Passing is a sweet little story with a slightly sinister edge. Randy Mixter writes characters that intrigue and scenarios that leave you needing to know more about what is going on behind the scenes in this well thought out little novel.

I enjoyed Beckie (with an ie) and Doug's relationship and the paranormal parallels between their meeting and the one of two others that runs alongside it. Some may find the slightly paranormal elements frustrating but I enjoyed the way they allowed my mi
Cheryl
Aug 14, 2013 Cheryl rated it it was amazing
Reading this book was such a pleasure for me! What a great mix of romance,time travel, mystery, and magick to keep you interested. Randy Mixter does an awesome job of grabbing your attention from the first few paragraphs. I would look forward to finding a few of his other books and reading them also! Thank you for giving me the chance to read this Goodreads first reads.
Georgiann Hennelly
Oct 20, 2013 Georgiann Hennelly rated it it was amazing
Summers passing is a novel of everlasting love and mystery. A quick read for me. You get two stories in one. Both plots tie together at the end. There is romance, time travel, mystery and magick. I look forward to reading more books by Randy Mixer.
Joe Breedon
Sep 24, 2013 Joe Breedon rated it really liked it
When the sea swallows the sun, the moon lights the way. Past collides with present, and I give praise! Gorgeous novel, I WILL read more Randy Mixter. Phenomenal, start to finish. Wonderful story. Go out and get it, this story will not disappoint.
Oct 05, 2013 Jennifer rated it liked it
I liked the stories and how they intertwined. However, I was left with too many unanswered questions to really feel satisfied after reading this book. And the ending was so abrupt that it was disappointing. The kindle version needs some editing as well.
Paula Middleton
Jul 07, 2013 Paula Middleton rated it it was amazing
My favorite by this author yet! Mystery, suspense, and romance. What more can you ask for.
Constance
Aug 31, 2013 Constance rated it liked it
A quick read. Suspense, romance and I guess what I would call paranormal. Although I found the ending disappointing I found it a good read. Received for free from Goodreads First Reads.
Mary Bannister
Sep 02, 2013 Mary Bannister rated it it was amazing
Two stories in one. Each excellent in their own right. Both plots tie together nicely at the end. One final surprise at the finish that was great and took me by surprise.
Nelta
Oct 02, 2013 Nelta rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading "Summer's Passing"......two parallel stories of mystery and love of two old soul....this was my first book read by this author..
Sandra Knapp
A young man, wanting to become an author, goes to the gulf coast, rents a small cottage on the beach, and writes a strange tale about a young lady he meets, and their time together. This was a story within a story, both being nearly identical, except that the novel skirts the supernatural, hinting a bit of the same in the actual events.

I was not impressed enough to read anything more by this author, but that's my opinion. Others might find it totally enjoyable. Certainly easy and light reading.
Angie
Jan 11, 2014 Angie rated it it was ok
I received this book for free on my Kindle and I was looking for something relatively short to read between my book club books. I chose this.... I can't say I hated it in anyway but I didn't love it. A lot went on in this book while I felt like the plot lines were not at all developed. I really felt I was missing something...everything felt very rushed. I am not sure I'd recommend to any of my friends and if I did I would call it a short story.
Pam Whitman
Jan 13, 2016 Pam Whitman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Captured my interest and piqued my curiosity

What is the genre of this book? I'd say it was semi-fantasy fiction. It captured my interest and piqued my curiosity although it was perhaps a tad weak at the end. I definitely do not regret reading this story and look forward to reading another one of Mister's tales.
Jane
While the story was good it wasn't great and personally was a bit predictable. Over all an easy read that left me smiling.
Beverly
Nov 04, 2013 Beverly rated it really liked it
It took a a second reading for me to enjoy this book. Once I understood that he was writing one story and living the other I really appreciate the authors approach.
Stacy
Jul 26, 2014 Stacy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Quick easy read

Quick easy read

Quick easy read requires not much thought. Characters out of a scene from a drunken college fest. Never seemed to climax.
Tina
Sep 24, 2013 Tina rated it really liked it
If you enjoy good love stories (paranormal), you might like this book. I recommend it. The characters come to life as the story unfolds. Exciting action and suspense.
Marie Buccellato
Ok read

Summer's Passing was an ok diversion, but fairly predictable. The parallel worlds were the most interesting aspect of the story.
Susan Miller
Nov 26, 2014 Susan Miller rated it it was ok
I liked the parallel stories and how they intertwined. The father as the evil doer seemed strange and his demise left me feeling there was a hole in the story.
Lynn H. Cochran
Lynn H. Cochran rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2016
Jill Levy
Jill Levy rated it it was amazing
Oct 17, 2013
Leslie
Leslie rated it liked it
Sep 24, 2013
Emily Carter
Emily Carter rated it really liked it
Nov 09, 2013
Kimmi Bailey
Kimmi Bailey rated it liked it
Sep 30, 2013
tasha woods
tasha woods rated it it was amazing
May 29, 2016
Tracy
Tracy rated it liked it
May 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • LEGACY RISING
  • Widow's Row
  • Spouse Trap (Madeline Dawkins, #1)
  • Slippery Slopes and Other Deadly Things (Carrie Carlin - Book 5)
  • Stalking Love
  • Dirty Little Secrets (Marisela Morales/Dirty #1)
  • Forbidden Love
  • Perilous (Perilous, #1)
  • Murder Deja Vu
  • Harbored Secrets (A Psychological Mystery)
  • Killer Cupid (Redemption #1)
  • Dark Water (NY State Troopers, #2)
  • The Disappearance of Mavis Woodstock (The Val & Kit Mystery Series, #1)
  • The Cairo Effect (The Tempus Fugitives Trilogy, #2)
  • The Lies that Save Us (Broken Heart, #1)
  • Stolen Secrets (Sisters of Spirit #3)
  • High Seas Deception
  • The Calling (Night Breeds, #1)
Author Randy Mixter lives in Pasadena, Maryland, with his wife Veronica and their five cats. He writes in a variety of genres including Fantasy, Action/Adventure, Mysteries, and Suspense Thrillers. He currently has several novels and short stories available, with more on the way.

Find out about new releases, special discounts, and free book promotions at https://sites.google.com/site/randymi...

Chec
More about Randy Mixter...