Start by marking “Summer's Passing” as Want to Read:
Summer's Passing

Summer's Passing

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  100 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Strange things are happening in Port Grace, Florida.
Doug Monroe and Rebecca Carlyle are young and in love. He met her when he saved her life, but now he may need to save her again.
Someone, or something, wants her and there is no place to hide, and no safe haven from the memories of her troubled past.
Before the summer ends, the past and present will meet. Will Doug be able
Published June 30th 2013 by Createspace (first published June 24th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Summer's Passing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Summer's Passing

Cathy Ryan
Doug has come to Port Grace for the summer in order to write a novel, something he’s always wanted to do but it took a chat with a mysterious stranger to push him into making a decision. Annie appeared at a party, struck up a conversation with Doug and then was gone. He never saw her again.

'Annie became a part of my life for less than an hour on a cool spring night, but she left me with just enough words to spark my imagination. She gave me the framework for my first book, and with the
Jeffrey Miller
One of the best things that can be said about Randy Mixter's writing is that he always cares about his readers. To be sure, there's this feeling of trust that he builds with his readers and the promise to deliver a good story--something he does in all his stories and short fiction.

He's in top form in his latest literary offering, Summer's Passing. On the surface it seems that it's your typical boy meets girl, boy and girl fall in love, boy and girl live happily ever after love story. But that's
Mammy Oaklee
Summer’s Passing
By Randy Mixter

Summer’s Passing, A Novel of Mystery and Everlasting Love is simply brilliant! Author Randy Mixter keeps purity in heart, while expressing two real loves in clarity with a timeless love sequence.

From present to past, Summer’s Passing compels you to fall deeper in love - twice! You will be led to heal loves with a gentle heart - twice! And together fighting the unseen evil that will draw out your deepest convictions – again, twice!

I read every word written in thi
Rosie Amber
A young man spends his summer in a beach hut so that he can write a book, but soon his life changes when he rescues a girl from a car crash. A second story is told about a girl from the past and both stories follow similarities and coincidences. A sinister evil trails both girls and the author weaves a great storyline between the two. I loved the idea of a youthful summer spent on the beach and a romance to follow. The mysterious second story had so many unanswered questions, it was a lovely tem ...more
Grammar*Kitten
Summer's Passing is a sweet little story with a slightly sinister edge. Randy Mixter writes characters that intrigue and scenarios that leave you needing to know more about what is going on behind the scenes in this well thought out little novel.

I enjoyed Beckie (with an ie) and Doug's relationship and the paranormal parallels between their meeting and the one of two others that runs alongside it. Some may find the slightly paranormal elements frustrating but I enjoyed the way they allowed my mi
Ethan Graves
Summer,s Passing holds two romance stories on two separate time settings. You will read one of the romance story in the present, while reading another romance written from a character who happens to be a writer. Summer,s Passing is a quick enjoyable read that keeps you in anticipation with each story.

I am recommending Summer,s Passing by Randy Mixter to all my friends and family. I am starting to read Scarlet and Gold. I hear two of my favorite characters from Summer's Passing are in Scarlet A
Cheryl
Reading this book was such a pleasure for me! What a great mix of romance,time travel, mystery, and magick to keep you interested. Randy Mixter does an awesome job of grabbing your attention from the first few paragraphs. I would look forward to finding a few of his other books and reading them also! Thank you for giving me the chance to read this Goodreads first reads.
I liked the stories and how they intertwined. However, I was left with too many unanswered questions to really feel satisfied after reading this book. And the ending was so abrupt that it was disappointing. The kindle version needs some editing as well.
Joe Breedon
When the sea swallows the sun, the moon lights the way. Past collides with present, and I give praise! Gorgeous novel, I WILL read more Randy Mixter. Phenomenal, start to finish. Wonderful story. Go out and get it, this story will not disappoint.
Georgiann Hennelly
Summers passing is a novel of everlasting love and mystery. A quick read for me. You get two stories in one. Both plots tie together at the end. There is romance, time travel, mystery and magick. I look forward to reading more books by Randy Mixer.
Constance
A quick read. Suspense, romance and I guess what I would call paranormal. Although I found the ending disappointing I found it a good read. Received for free from Goodreads First Reads.
Mary Bannister
Two stories in one. Each excellent in their own right. Both plots tie together nicely at the end. One final surprise at the finish that was great and took me by surprise.
Nelta
I enjoyed reading "Summer's Passing"......two parallel stories of mystery and love of two old soul....this was my first book read by this author..
Paula Middleton
My favorite by this author yet! Mystery, suspense, and romance. What more can you ask for.
Stacy
Quick easy read

Quick easy read

Quick easy read requires not much thought. Characters out of a scene from a drunken college fest. Never seemed to climax.
Angie
I received this book for free on my Kindle and I was looking for something relatively short to read between my book club books. I chose this.... I can't say I hated it in anyway but I didn't love it. A lot went on in this book while I felt like the plot lines were not at all developed. I really felt I was missing something...everything felt very rushed. I am not sure I'd recommend to any of my friends and if I did I would call it a short story.
Marie Buccellato
Ok read

Summer's Passing was an ok diversion, but fairly predictable. The parallel worlds were the most interesting aspect of the story.
Susan Miller
I liked the parallel stories and how they intertwined. The father as the evil doer seemed strange and his demise left me feeling there was a hole in the story.
Sandra Knapp
A young man, wanting to become an author, goes to the gulf coast, rents a small cottage on the beach, and writes a strange tale about a young lady he meets, and their time together. This was a story within a story, both being nearly identical, except that the novel skirts the supernatural, hinting a bit of the same in the actual events.

I was not impressed enough to read anything more by this author, but that's my opinion. Others might find it totally enjoyable. Certainly easy and light reading.
Jane
While the story was good it wasn't great and personally was a bit predictable. Over all an easy read that left me smiling.
Beverly
It took a a second reading for me to enjoy this book. Once I understood that he was writing one story and living the other I really appreciate the authors approach.
Jereeq
Good but I was confused at the end?
Kathleen Powers
Kathleen Powers marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2015
Lisa Clark
Lisa Clark marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2015
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2015
Christine Koch
Christine Koch marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2015
Chris Bolin
Chris Bolin marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015
Tara Threw
Tara Threw marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2015
  • Dark Water
  • Spouse Trap (Madeline Dawkins, #1)
  • Raining in My Heart (McKays, #1)
  • Widow's Row
  • Murder Deja Vu
  • LEGACY RISING
  • The Lies that Save Us (Broken Heart, #1)
  • Dirty Little Secrets
  • Always Dreaming of You (Always, #1)
  • Cocoa and Chanel (Chanel, #1)
  • SOMEONE DIFFERENT
  • Slippery Slopes and Other Deadly Things (Carrie Carlin - Book 5)
  • The Calling (Night Breeds, #1)
  • Redwood Violet (Redwood Violet, #1)
  • Freeing Alex (Alexandra Drake, #1)
  • Saving Grace (Madison Falls, #1)
  • If We Dare to Dream (Evans Family, #1)
  • Sex, Lies & Hot Tubs
Author Randy Mixter lives in Pasadena, Maryland, with his wife Veronica and their five cats. He writes in a variety of genres including Fantasy, Action/Adventure, Mysteries, and Suspense Thrillers. He currently has several novels and short stories available, with more on the way.

Find out about new releases, special discounts, and free book promotions at https://sites.google.com/site/randymi...

Chec
More about Randy Mixter...
Sarah of the Moon Swan Loch Scarlet And Gold Morning Star Red Moon - A Jake Stanton Adventure