Start by marking “Learning SQL Server Reporting Services 2012” as Want to Read:
Learning SQL Server Reporting Services 2012

Learning SQL Server Reporting Services 2012

Get the most out of SQL Server Reporting Service 2012, both Native and SharePoint Integrated modes

Overview

Build applications using the latest Microsoft technologies: SSIS 2012, SSDT, WPF, and SharePoint 2010
Reach out to the cloud and master Windows Azure Reporting Services
Learn the ins and outs of SQL Server Reporting Services 2012 for Native and SharePoint Integrated mode
Published May 13th 2013 by Packt Publishing (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Learning SQL Server Reporting Services 2012, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Learning SQL Server Reporting Services 2012

Naveen Kumar
Aug 14, 2013 Naveen Kumar rated it really liked it
To give an opening line about the book - All about Reports and Reporting life cycle from creation to deployment on On-Premises, With SharePoint and on Cloud. Really Comprehensive content on the installation. When I was explaining about the Azure SQL Databases (then SQL Azure) to my friend, his comment was this is far better than on-premises SQL Server; when I asked for the reason, he replied back saying we don’t need to traverse the 50 odd installation steps and configurations. This book steps ...more
Joseph
Jul 29, 2013 Joseph rated it it was amazing
I started with SSRS when it first came out, and have just moved to 2012 at work. In the interim, I didn't do a lot of report-building, so I have yet to play with most of the new features that were introduced in 2008 and improved in 2012. I undertook to learn these things, starting with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services 4/E and was sadly disappointed. While Larsen's book was probably good for a complete newbie, it lacked any real in-depth exploration of the more advanced topics.
Krishn
Daniel Kram
Aug 29, 2013 Daniel Kram rated it it was amazing
I have purchased another SQL Server Reporting Services, or SSRS, book previous to this one and this text is far superior.

First, it is well organized. Starting with the table of contents and throughout. Second, it covers topics I've not seen in any other text: Installation, Azure, integration with VS 2012 (I actually need this part in a few more months), caching, and SharePoint integration.

I will say the price is a bit high for the book iteself, the only reason it received four stars instead of f
James Bergh
Sep 11, 2013 James Bergh rated it really liked it
I found this book an excellent resource when digging into reporting services. The hands on exercises and incredibly rich details and specifics really set this book apart from others in this area.

I found the book a great resource as I dig into areas of SSRS that I haven't touched before and I often refer to it when I get asked questions from my junior team members.

I have and would recommend this book to my colleagues.
Arthur Abrantes
Jul 30, 2013 Arthur Abrantes rated it it was amazing
I was pleasantly surprised at this book. I have been dabbling in Oracle and SQL - SSRS, SSIS and SSAS. I've used the WROX book on MS SQL Server Reporting Services Recipes Book. This review is coming from this viewpoint.

BTW - I am not a CS nor MIS major. I have a strong business background but I do get geeky when I dabble in everything SQL.

+ Excellent overview and coverage of architecture, features and tools (chapter 3)
+ Plenty of hands-on relevant exercises on each chapter
+ Exercises include pra
محمد
محمد rated it really liked it
Dec 15, 2013
Niranjan Apte
Niranjan Apte rated it liked it
Apr 07, 2015
Muhammad  Shalaby
Muhammad Shalaby rated it liked it
Dec 19, 2013
Devaraj
Apr 06, 2016 Devaraj marked it as to-read
lets see
Surya Teja
Sep 06, 2014 Surya Teja rated it it was amazing
nothing
Siddharth G
Siddharth G rated it it was amazing
Jul 24, 2013
Simon
Simon rated it really liked it
May 28, 2016
Breighan Boeskool
Breighan Boeskool rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2015
Ancuta
Apr 03, 2014 Ancuta marked it as to-read
I cannot say anything about the book, I have to read first.
PKus
PKus rated it really liked it
Dec 05, 2014
Kenia Sandoval
Kenia Sandoval marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2013
Rajendra Prasad
Rajendra Prasad marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2013
Michael Ganesan
Michael Ganesan marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2013
Sharif Takieddine
Sharif Takieddine marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2013
Ashwani
Ashwani marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2013
Booker
Booker marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2013
Prokurist
Prokurist marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2013
Oussama
Oussama is currently reading it
Dec 10, 2013
Valeriy
Valeriy marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2013
Peter Elliott
Peter Elliott marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2014
Shanki Ji
Shanki Ji marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2014
Rahul Ghadia
Rahul Ghadia marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2014
Jeremy
Jeremy marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2014
Ruban Soundrapandian
Ruban Soundrapandian marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2014
Raj Nair
Raj Nair is currently reading it
Apr 22, 2014
Ellesontlee
Ellesontlee marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
David Bezzina
David Bezzina marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Ben
Ben added it
Jun 16, 2014
Sanjay
Sanjay marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Lionel
Lionel marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Anil Kumar
Anil Kumar marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Moid Hassan
Moid Hassan marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Naveed
Naveed marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Sirisha
Sirisha marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014
Akanksha
Akanksha marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
J P
J P marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Prashant Gupta
Prashant Gupta marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
Ram
Ram marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2015
Ssk
Ssk is currently reading it
Feb 22, 2015
Goodreads Librari...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Please upload Book cover 5 23 Jul 29, 2013 07:34AM
Jayaram Krishnaswamy studied at the Indian Institute of Science in Bangalore India and Madras University in India and taught at the Indian Institute of Technology in Madras. He went to Japan on a Japanese Ministry of Education Research scholarship to complete his PhD in Electrical Engineering from Nagoya University. He was a Post-Doctoral Fellow at Sydney University in Australia; a Government of ...more
More about Jayaram Krishnaswamy...