Start by marking “In the Highlander's Bed (Cameron Sisters, #5)” as Want to Read:
In the Highlander's Bed (Cameron Sisters, #5)

In the Highlander's Bed (Cameron Sisters #5)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  877 ratings  ·  56 reviews
Highland warrior Gordon Lachlan has spent his life fiercely battling the English. Now, to claim victory for his clan, he must retrieve the legendary Sword of the MacKenna from the hands of his mortal enemies. His plan: to kidnap Constance Cameron from her remote boarding school and force her wellborn relatives to surrender the sword as her ransom.

But Lachlan is surprised t
Published January 29th 2008 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about In the Highlander's Bed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In the Highlander's Bed

Outlander by Diana GabaldonMacbeth by William ShakespeareThe Last Sunset by Bob AtkinsonThe Winter Sea by Susanna KearsleyDragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon
Books Set in Scotland
196th out of 522 books — 380 voters
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. RowlingThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsA Dog's Purpose by W. Bruce CameronCatching Fire by Suzanne CollinsHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
***** Five Star Books *****
228th out of 261 books — 74 voters

More lists with this book...

Lindsay
This book marks the end of Unofficial Scottish Smut Novel Month.

Although I generally like Cathy Maxwell's books, this one didn't really do it for me. I just hate it when heroines fight the hero right up until they RUN, not walk, into bed with them. And I swear that plucky heroines are only abducted when they are ovulating, thus conveniently leading to options-limiting pregnancies from a mere two days of conjugal visits. Seriously, you'd think people have the same fertility rate as rabbits.

I didn
★ ßurçακ ★
Gece başladım hemen bitti ama sevmedim ben ya konu güzel başladı ama kız kampa geldikten sonra iyice saçmaladılar :P Bi de çook kafam karıştı keşke sırayla yayınlasalardı kitapları, kız neden eniştesini sevmiyo? gibi böyle geçmişe dönelik şeyler var ama biz bilmiyoruz.. Seri sırayla çıkmadığı sürece okumayın bunu :P Hele sonu... adama o kadar savaşçı havası verdiler bence tavuk gibi kaçtı, yakıştıramadım :S
Hilary
1808. An American (heiress) attending a Scots finishing school is kidnapped by a rebel without a sword (but he plans to trade her for one). She joins the cause, re-organizes his life, his campaign, and then (of course) goes to bed with him. I was drawn in by the cover (I should have known better). >sigh<
Elis Madison
Constance, the youngest Cameron sister, has had enough of her older sister's plans for her. She's been locked away in a nunnery girl's school in Scotland, learning to walk with books on her head (cliché alert) and act like an English lady, so she can have a Season and marry a title. But she's an American woman—that's all she's known, and she wants no part of any of that.

She's fixing to escape when she's kidnapped.

Gordon wants justice. His people have been burned out of their ancestral homes, rap
Kyraryker
The beginning of this story had me very excited. Stories that start with a Scotsman intent on kidnapping always make me smile. I like how Gordon plans on simply walking into the girls academy and asking Constance for a dance, then wooing her away so he can take her. A bold highlander is an ingenious way to start a story.
Maxwell has written two wonderful characters. Constance is a strong woman character, albeit misguided in her thinking that she can travel to America on her own but her desire to
Contessina
İngiltere - İskoçya meselesini de ancak bir romance yazarı çözebilirdi zaten . İngilizler ve İskoçlar asırlardır yok yere birbirlerini yiyorlarmış , tezelden Cathy Maxwell'a danışmaları lazımmış meğer . Yazar tarihi gerçekliğe dayanma yolunu seçseydi konunun ağırlığı kabul edilebilirdi . Ama madem tarihi dayanaklara başvurmadan sadece romans yazmaya karar verdin , o zaman romans yazarı olarak da işini yapacaktın bacım , oltanın ucuna o kadar büyük yem takmaya gerek yoktu . Kendimi mütareke döne ...more
Hanife
Pegasus'un serinin son kitabı çıkartmasıyla baya isyan çıkan kitabımız Aşkı Sende Buldum'u okumuş bulunmaktayım. Eğer yazarı sevdirmek için bu kitabı çıkardılar ise tamamen yanlış bir seçim. Hikaye çok hoş, başları insanı çekiyor ama bir hızlı bir yavaş hikayenin işleyişi biraz dengesiz bir havası var. Bazı yerler öyle karmaşık anlatılmış ki anlamak için bir süre üstünde düşünmeniz gerekiyor. Hele aşık olduklarını hemencecik anlamaları ve daha kendileri anlamadan herkesin kavrayıp suçlaması fela ...more
Jenn
***NOTE MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS***
Gordon Lachlan is a man on a mission, to reclaim the country he calls home. He is the leader of what remain of the rebellion to return Scotland to its rightful owners - the Scottish People. However to do that he needs more followers, he needs an army worthy to take on the English troops. The Sword of MacKenna will bring him those followers and he's established a plan to retrieve the sword. He's going to kidnap Constance Cameron, a relative of the Engli
Kate
Aug 19, 2011 Kate rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: No one
Megan Lavey-Heaton
While the beginning of the book was enough to draw me into the story, I found myself wanting to shake all the females at some point. There was far too much emphasis on Constance fighting Gordon and running away again and again and again and not enough on developing any believable relationship between Constance and Gordon as well as on Fiona's subplot. I did not realize this was the last book in a series, but it makes sense why there was a lack of emphasis on developing Gordon's camp beyond a con ...more
kris
Constance is AMERICAN. Gordon is SCOTTISH. He kidnaps her while she's trying to escape and they FALL IN LOVE DESPITE THE MONSTROUS DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THEM.

This was an easy, engaging read that was ultimately disappointing and sloppy. Basically, I wanted to know what happened! But it wasn't great!!

Also: was put off by some of the handling of Fiona's storyline.
Lady Darcie
Mar 09, 2011 Lady Darcie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: romance lover
Recommended to Lady Darcie by: Cameron Sisters #3
Gordon Lachlan's purpose in life is to get the Sword of Mackenna back and chase the English off scottish soil and the only way to do that is to kidnap a member of the person who has the sword his capitve is the lovely, independent, American Constance Cameron. Little does he know that his capitve plans on leaving England and head back to America on the same night he plans of kidnapping her. The only way to keep her from leaving is to tie her up, throw her over his shoulder and head to his camp.
Co
Laura the Highland Hussy
The beginning was exciting, and started off with a bang. It has some great witty banter, but I'm unimpressed with the storyline. The heroine is an American frontierswoman in a Scottish finishing school (circa 1808), who is kidnapped for ransom from her wealthy duke brother-in-law. (he's trying to ransom Constance for a sword that he needs to rally his clan). The story is good, but not great.

I just didn't like the hero after he actually kidnapped Constance. Oh there was fun in the banter, and li
Taria Reed
IT wasn't horrible it just wasnt for me. Maybe because This is like the 5th book in this series and I jumped in without reading the others. Who knows. I didn't love the characters and thought there wasn't much to them.

story 2
narrator 1.5

I didn't like the narrator at all.
Lucia
I read like half the book and then just couldn't take it anymore this book is riduculously stupid. Like, why would you sleep with someone who kidnapped you in your boarding school?
Heather  *trying to find a good book*
I honestly likedthebook. The main character Constance was so spirited and was such a delight to read. Gordon starts out kidnapping Constance, who is trying to run away that same night. He wants to ransom her for the Sword od MacKenna in order to rally the support of his Scottish troops to battle with England. Constance isnt the most docile prisoner and is constantly keeping Gordon on his toes.

They fall in love despite trying to avoid it but close contact and attraction leads to more. Their pers
Donna
Good book. Wished ther was a sequel about the two ladies and Constance.
Adila
It's hard for me to write this review because it's my first, but I'd try.

I enjoyed reading the book. It has great plot & multilayered characters. Liked the secondary characters as well. Shows well how love can change the view of the life & plans.

Cathy Maxwell gives bits of past information here & there, which allows the reader understand everything even through it's the 5th book in the series.

Some moments were humors. I liked the style of writing & swallowed the book in 3 days wi
HÜLYA
Bu kitaptan seri sıra ile yayınlansaydı zevk alabilirdim.
Ama maalesef roman güzel olmasına rağmen istediğim zevki alamadım.Çünkü hikayedeki kopuklukları farkediyorsunuz . Hikayede 3 kız kardeşin hayatı ve aşklarından bahis ediliyor. Diğer kardeşler birden romanın sonunda kocaları ile ortaya çıkıyor ve ne olduğunu anlamıyorsunuz.
Bu kadar iyi bir yazar ancak böyle mahvedilir.Bu roman serinin 4.kitabı ve sonu bize bu mantıkla sunan tüm yayın evlerini protesto ediyorum..
Amy
Oct 02, 2009 Amy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Historical Romance Readers
Shelves: read-and-liked
Michele
I love a heroine with sass who turns the controlled hero upside down, so much so he doesn't know his
own mind anymore. She's not what he expected, and she finds him just what she wants. Their clash of wills throughout the story made me laugh, sigh and swoon from the adventure of it all. A very fun read with some witty dialogue and some surprisingly endearing secondary characters.
Mey Buentipo
What I liked about this series, it is fast paced and it is direct to the point. I loved the Cameron sisters. It is not deep story. If you are wanting a fun and easily read story this series is the one you should read.

The epilogue says that there is more books to come. I am wondering what will the fate of Fiona and Grace. I can't wait to see it.
Susan
I read about 100 pages into this book and had a hard time liking the heroine. What might have been independence came off as...I don't know....too much of everything. Hard to explain, but I didn't care enough about her to want to read her story.

I enjoy this author so will read the other titles of hers I have. I guess this one was just a dud for me.
KellyJo
This was just the type of book I was looking for. This style has to be my guilty pleasure.. She big man comes in steal a woman and they fall in love.. For my first Cathy Maxwell book I have to say I am happy.. Very easy read and got me to laugh from time to time. Not really sure if I want to go back and read about the other sisters just yet.
Emma
This was a nice light read, a bit of a clumsy plot line but it was fun. It follows the typical romance line of 2 head strong enemies that fall in love but due to appalling communication skills neither one realizes the others true feelings. Then its too late... but wait its not.

There is a happy ending and a few spunky scotts!
Sometimes I'm just in the mood for a Scottish romance, with the strong laird, fighting for justice, who kidnaps the innocent, yet strong willed maiden. and well, there's quite a few images of said maiden wrapped in his tartan. Not quite unexpected, and I liked how it's not a creepy, "Is this Stockholm syndrome?" romance.
Brittany
Okay, this was another book I had purchased yet never read and for good reason. I just did not like Gordon for most of this book. I did not like him in the others either. This was just an okay read would have been three stars if not for Gordon and Charlotte whom I just can't stand.
Gardavson
More like 2 1/2 stars. My least favorite of the series. I like the author but she has better books. This one was kinda, meh. Mostly I think it was the setting. Gordon's goal seemed weak. He seemed too smart to think he could succeed even with the sword he was after.
Julie (jjmachshev)
An entertaining read. This is the first in this series I have read and although I enjoyed the main female character, I felt the male didn't actually deserve her! I do look forward to reading the story of the sister of the male lead which is next in this series.
Jackie
This is the first audiobook I heard thanks to my library adding a new feature on their website for audiobooks. The narrator was pretty good on some parts. Overall, the story was as expected- a cheesy romance. But hey, sometimes I just need fluff to break up my day. :-)
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 11, 2015 06:01PM
  • Highlander in Love (Lockhart Family, #3)
  • Surrender to the Highlander (The MacLerie Clan #2)
  • Some Like It Wild (Kincaid Highland, #2)
  • To Catch a Highlander (MacLean Curse, #3)
  • So In Love (The Highland Lords, #5)
  • To Conquer a Highlander (Highlander, #1)
  • Highland Vow (Murray Family, #4)
  • The Duke Next Door (Heiress Brides, #2)
  • To Wed a Highlander (The McTiernays, #2)
  • My Devilish Scotsman (MacDonell Brides, #2)
  • Seducing a Scottish Bride (MacKenzie, #6)
  • Like No Other Lover (Pennyroyal Green, #2)
CATHY MAXWELL spends hours in front of her computer pondering the question, "Why do people fall in love?" It remains for her the mystery of life and the secret to happiness.

She lives in beautiful Virginia with her children, horses, dogs, and cats.
More about Cathy Maxwell...

Cameron Sisters (5 books)
  • Temptation of a Proper Governess (Cameron Sisters, #1)
  • The Price of Indiscretion (Cameron Sisters, #2)
  • In the Bed of a Duke (Cameron Sisters, #3)
  • Bedding the Heiress (Cameron Sisters, #4)
Four Dukes and a Devil In the Bed of a Duke (Cameron Sisters, #3) Married in Haste (Marriage, #1) A Seduction at Christmas (Scandals and Seductions, #1) The Earl Claims His Wife (Scandals and Seductions, #2)

“She didn’t want to see the blow coming, but refused to take the coward’s way. She raised her lashes, meeting his gaze with a steady one of her own, even though her knees threatened to buckle from fear.
“You’ve made me very angry, Miss Constance,” he said. “No one disrespects the name Lachlan. Not without paying a price.”
And then he did something she had not anticipated.
He kissed her.”