Start by marking “Abide With Me” as Want to Read:
Abide With Me

Abide With Me (Invisible Life #3)

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  2,432 ratings  ·  22 reviews
In this hotly anticipated conclusion to his popular Invisible Life trilogy, E. Lynn Harris delivers a masterful tale that traces the evolving lives of his beloved characters Nicole Springer and Raymond Tyler, Jr., and reintroduces readers to their respective lovers, best friends, and potential enemies.Abide with Me moves between the worlds of New York City, where Nicole ha...more
Published May 2nd 2000 by Anchor (first published March 16th 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Abide With Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Abide With Me

Michael
Oct 03, 2012 Michael rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Harris heads
Shelves: audio
Not a terrible book but certainly not a great or really even a good one. Yet somehow: readable.

I will admit there is just no way I would have been able to spend the time to physically read this novel line by line. That may actually be true with any E. Lynn Harris book. But the flexibility of audiobooks absolutely helps the reader glide through this with some ease and without feeling robbed of valuable and minimal time.

I would hate to call this a novel. Instead, I found it best to regard this boo...more
Valerie Williams
The third volume of the Invisible Life trilogy picks up the characters' lives a few years after the conclusion of Just As I Am. Raymond Tyler and his partner, Trent, are living together comfortably in Seattle, until Raymond's nomination for a position as a federal judge brings to light some troubling incidents from their past. Meanwhile, Raymond's former lover, Nicole (now happily married to his best friend, Jared) is starring in a touring company of Dreamgirls, although a sinister understudy is...more
Corinne
I have this book, but read it some time ago, but I am a fan of all of e. lynn harris books, all of them are good.
Timothy Springer
E. Lynn Harris is not James Baldwin. Studying the back of "Abide With Me" (as well as the author's biography on the back of the dust jacket), you would not know this. Yes, he is the winner of several literary awards and has drawn millions of readers to his popular writing style. But the type of books E. Lynn Harris writes are vastly different than the type of books Mr. Baldwin created.

"Abide With Me" is the 3rd book in the "Invisible Life" trilogy. We're re-introduced to the characters Raymond,...more
J
(FROM JACKET) At the end of "Just as I Am", Raymond Tyler, Jr., was beginnning a relationship with Trent, a fraternity brother from his college days, while Nicole had found love with Jared, Raymond's buddy from Atlanta. As "Abide With Me" opens, Raymond and Trent are settled in Seattle, where Trent's career as an architect has blossomed and Raymond's law practice is booming. All seems well. Then, late one night, Raymond gets a call from a United States Senator that threatens everything he's buil...more
Tamika
An excerpt from my readers response notebook

Awww...why?? So on one hand, I feel sorry for Basil. It seems like he's finally getting his life together. He's letting go of the anger of the past. He finally has a family that provides unconditional love and is not out to hurt him or take advantage of monetary benefits. And then here comes Yancey...manipulative only looking out for herself and burned by her mother...not caring about anyone. She's the last one that needed to come into his life consi...more
Daniel
I would give this 3.5 stars if I could. It was a very readable book and provided a fantastic next chapter to the story of Raymond and Trent, Jared and Nicole, and set us up for Basil's next adventures on the down-low. I think the third-person narration distanced me too much from the story so I didn't enjoy this one as much as I expected. It provided a great setup for the next instalment, though which I can't wait to read.

If you haven't already read anything by Harris, this isn't the place to sta...more
Velvet
Abide With Me is fun to read on a soap opera level, and functions as a kind of mental popcorn. But has Harris grown as a writer over the last five years and with five commercially successful books? His primary motivation as a writer seems to provide a sanitized, yet titillating look at gay lives and gay sex. Readers are urged to demand better quality writing, and to demand growth from the authors they support.
Tracy  Burd
LOVED THIS book. First of all, it's written by a gay black man, and has all kinds of love and sex in it. It's full of faith, love, honesty and family. It also has lying, treachery, cheating, and sickness. He has the ability to have at least ten different stories going on, intertwining them all, and allowing you to follow them all. I love this author and will keep this book to reread!
Kia  jones

Love Elynn Harris Books -- I usually read them in one or two sittings. I feel like I am there with the characters in the story!!!
Love the characters Raymond and Basil.

You might like to read "Down Low Baller" ...click on the link below:

Adrienna
I read 105 pages today and just did not piqued my interest. I will read the other selected books I have to read this week.
Chineka Williams
This book was an enjoyable read. I didn't want to put it down as Raymond Tyler's character continued to surprise me.
Marilyn Diamond
this is the 5th of Harris's series and I had to have it...So on day I will read the whole series again...
Colleen
Didn't even bother to finish this one. Felt like the writing was stilted.
Tasha
Mar 19, 2009 Tasha added it
Great if you love this author's style of writing!
Chrissy
Absolutely awesome!!!!!!!! Definite read again.
Christopher Dionesotes
Not the best thing I've ever read.
KC Hurst
Nov 26, 2007 KC Hurst rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Definite READ
What else can I say, I am a fan!!1
Kerri
Another novel I enjoyed in the series.
Ruby B
mind blowing!
Elania
Elania marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
  • Married Men
  • A Do Right Man
  • Disappearing Acts
  • It's a Thin Line
E. Lynn Harris was born in Flint, Michigan and raised, along with three sisters, in Little Rock, Arkansas. He attended the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville where he was the school's first black yearbook editor, the first black male Razorbacks cheerleader, and the president of his fraternity. He graduated with honors with a degree in journalism.

Harris sold computers for IBM, Hewlett-Packard,...more
More about E. Lynn Harris...
Just As I Am Any Way the Wind Blows Invisible Life A Love of My Own And This Too Shall Pass