Start by marking “Fletcher's Woman ” as Want to Read:
Fletcher's Woman

Fletcher's Woman (Griffon Fletcher #1)

Washington's rowdy lumber camps were no place for an innocent young beauty. . . . When Rachel McKinnon attracts the attention of Jonas Wilkes, she is truly in dire straits. Wilkes, the owner of a lumber empire, has power over most everyone he meets -- and now he wants Rachel. Her only hope is Griffin Fletcher. The town's darkly handsome, unmarried doctor, he once made a pr ...more
Published June 1st 1991 by Pocket Books (first published 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Fletcher's Woman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fletcher's Woman

Nancy
Nov 17, 2009 Nancy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The lead female was a twit.
Mollie *scoutrmom*
Oct 14, 2011 Mollie *scoutrmom* rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of the author and nobody else
Shelves: romance, read-in-2011
A sad disappointment, mostly because of the kind of writing that was prevalent in the early 1980's.

Miller gives us a 17-year-old heroine in a story set in the Pacific Northwest in 1889 who has all the thinking skills of a banana slug. She is so naive that she continually ends up in situations precarious to her reputation and well-being...and stupid enough to not learn from her own mistakes. I'd guess the hero would have gotten tired of rescuing her so often. Well-meaning busybodies don't tell h
Jacqueline
In under 50 pages, I wished I'd never started reading this book. The first half was near intolerable. The female lead was seriously TSTL. It's 1889, you're the penniless 17 yr old daughter of a newly hired sawyer in a log town you just arrived in. How is it a good idea to accept an offer of a bath up at the house of the timber baron who owns the entire town and is twice your age that you just met and slapped, btw? And oh look, EVERYONE keeps warning you against him and you think, gosh, he's so p ...more
Karen
Nov 28, 2011 Karen rated it liked it
pretty good, though you don't find out what Athena's crime was towards Griffin until after a little over half the book is done. I enjoyed the read, it was quite entertaining and interesting although the end seemed somewhat rushed because Griffin was incarcerated about 20ish more or less pages before the finale & so the conclusion that followed is as expected, rushed and somewhat summarized. Otherwise, it was nice.

Pick up again? Not likely, maybe just skim or something.
Megan
Jul 05, 2010 Megan rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2011
Definitely not one of my favorite Linda Lael Miller books. It was a little annoying as it seemed like every other character introduced turned out to be a villian. Seriously, how many villians does one romance need?
Sharon
Oct 28, 2012 Sharon rated it it was ok
Ashley♥Alexis
Jul 07, 2010 Ashley♥Alexis rated it did not like it
Shelves: genre-historical
I really liked this story but for some reason I didn't enjoy the writing. After a few chapters i literally skimmed the pages to get the rest of the story. Im not sure why I didn't enjoy reading this book even though i enjoyed the story that was told.
Sylvia
Sep 25, 2009 Sylvia rated it really liked it
Western
Sherri
Oct 05, 2008 Sherri rated it it was amazing
Liked it
Lesley
Jul 29, 2010 Lesley rated it really liked it
One of Linda Lael Miller's best, in my opinion!
Stacey
Jul 13, 2011 Stacey rated it it was amazing
read this book for a book club on facebook!! I loved it, LLM is my fave author, and this is her first book, love it
Lily Schott
Feb 10, 2013 Lily Schott rated it did not like it
I am usually a fan of Miller; however, this was horrible. Complete mess. Ended up skipping first half hoping it would get better... Never did, so finally I just stopped reading it altogether.
Sharon Sherman
Apr 10, 2011 Sharon Sherman rated it it was amazing
Two men and only one woman. The true character of each man comes out in spades.
Very good book.
karen
Mar 13, 2016 karen rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. Rachel was a little too insecure at times believing what Athena told her athena was a piece of work
Mycirenae Shelton
Mycirenae Shelton rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2013
Lois Clark-Johnston
Lois Clark-Johnston rated it liked it
Apr 26, 2008
Beverly
Beverly rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2008
Kirsti
Kirsti rated it it was ok
Sep 28, 2011
Jana
Jana rated it liked it
Nov 30, 2011
Tonia
Tonia rated it liked it
Jan 16, 2015
Natalie Johnston
Natalie Johnston rated it liked it
Jan 14, 2016
Marion
Marion rated it really liked it
Feb 27, 2008
Dona
Dona rated it really liked it
Oct 08, 2016
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Mar 11, 2014
Danica
Danica rated it it was amazing
Oct 22, 2011
Carolyn Powers
Carolyn Powers rated it it was amazing
Jul 01, 2015
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Oct 27, 2010
Remya Venugopalan
Remya Venugopalan rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2016
Chapparita
Chapparita rated it liked it
Oct 10, 2015
Jeannie
Jeannie rated it it was amazing
Apr 03, 2010
  • My Lady Beloved
  • Shotgun Wedding
  • In Our Dreams
  • Rogue Stallion (Montana Mavericks #1)
  • A Convenient Wife (Montana Mavericks: Historicals #3)
  • Sweetwater Seduction
  • Highland Rogue (Clan MacKenzie #2)
  • Western Winter Wedding Bells
  • Give Me a Texas Outlaw
  • Fern (Seven Brides, #2)
  • Last Chance (Cassidy Men, #2)
  • Restless Heart (Heart, #2)
  • The Journey Home (Depression Series, #2)
  • Beauty in Black
The daughter of a town marshal, LINDA LAEL MILLER is a #1 New York Times bestselling author of more than 100 historical and contemporary novels, most of which reflect her love of the West. The "First Lady of the West" lives outside Spokane, Washington, where her rescued horses, dogs and cats live the high life.

Published since 1983, Linda was awarded the prestigious Nora Roberts Lifetime Achievemen
More about Linda Lael Miller...

Griffon Fletcher (2 books)
  • Courting Susannah