Start by marking “Mommy Had a Little Flask” as Want to Read:
Mommy Had a Little Flask

Mommy Had a Little Flask

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  616 ratings  ·  93 reviews
In the hilarious sequel to the bestselling "momoir" This Little Piggy Went to the Liquor Store, A.K. Turner returns with the mayhem of motherhood. From preschoolers blurting obscenities in public places to living with her in-laws in Mexico, Mommy Had a Little Flask delivers a delightfully raw and honest account of family life in Turner's latest laugh-out-loud confessional. ...more
Published June 18th 2013 by Fever Streak Press

To ask other readers questions about Mommy Had a Little Flask, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mommy Had a Little Flask

Sneh Pradhan
Looking forward to read the other offerings of A K Turner now !! ....... She's delightfully raw , honest , disarmingly frank and can probably relax the most stressed person on earth . I hadn't laughed out this loud since I read Sophie Kinsella's Confessions of a shopaholic ...... Have become a fan now , after also reading her Drinking with dead women writers ........ I hope she writes something about her teenage years or spinsterhood ...... Its always refreshing and genuinely heart warming to en ...more
Kristen
Why do I continue to bother with the free kindle books?
Books
This is a really terrific and quick read! I read this book and the first one after the other, and enjoyed the hilarity of both. I didn’t always agree with some of the author’s parenting choices, and definitely not with the constant state of inebriation, but there were a ton of things that made me laugh loudly because, as mom of a six-year-old, I could identify and nod my head in agreement. I’m looking forward to reading book three!
Maryellen
Funny read, essays of a down to earth mom who likes her alcohol and doesn't have an interest in pretentious asshattery. I read the first book of essays and was glad to see this one pop up. Despite not having children, I like her writing and still find ti all very entertaining.
Judie
More like a series of sixteen short stories or essays, MOMMY HAD A LITTLE FLASK is a funny, eyes-wide-open look at children and adults, written from the perspective of a mother. My main complaint is there was way too much emphasis on the “flask.” It wasn’t necessary and was distracting. Whatever her point was, it was overdone and probably turned off a lot of readers who would have otherwise really enjoyed the book.
Now to the rest of the book: I was hooked on page 6 when Amanda, a writer and th
Louise
Good book which reminded me of a blog. Interesting what kids say and definitely one for those who have had those little moments when a child announces something which isn't true.
Carrie
For those who are moms, can surely relate. I am not a mom and I laughed throughout the book.
Vicki Lesage
Reading this book was basically like reading my own blog. I need to meet Amanda and be best friends with her! I seriously laughed out loud at several points, especially the pool noodle story. If you're a parent and you know how to laugh at yourself, you'll enjoy this book. Oh, and you should probably like drinking as well. But you knew that from the title, right? So pour a margarita and get ready to laugh!
Darlene Williams
I Can Relate

There are all kinds of moms out there. I can relate to Amanda. The only thing I don't share with her is a love of cooking. I'm great at making reservations. Some mom books fall short, this one does not. I can also relate to the annual trek to visit the in-laws. I wish my visit was to a cool area of Mexico. I feel like I just left a visit with a friend.
Angie
Synopsis: "In the hilarious sequel to the bestselling "momoir" This Little Piggy Went to the Liquor Store, A.K. Turner returns with the mayhem of motherhood. From preschoolers blurting obscenities in public places to living with her in-laws in Mexico, Mommy Had a Little Flask delivers a delightfully raw and honest account of family life in Turner's latest laugh-out-loud confessional."

My Review: After finishing This Little Piggy Went to the Liquor Store, I knew I had to read more by Turner. I lis
Leana
This book is awesome. A.K. Turner finds humor in everyday situations we can all relate to. Her book reminds me how therapuetic it is to laugh off the more annoying, and totally embarrassing, moments in life. I loved This Little Piggy Went to the Liquor Store so I couldn't wait for this book to be released. I loved this sequel as much as the first! Both of the books are hilarious!
Rachel Wallace
If I lived in Boise...

if I lived in Boise, I would love to have a regular happy hour w Amanda Turner. It takes a sense of humor to raise children and she definitely has one. Reading it was like having a hilarious, rambling conversation w your funniest mom-friend. Very entertaining from start to finish, I highly recommend reading it.
Diana
Reading this, I wanted to judge her so badly. I mean, it was right there on my lips. But then, I found myself laughing and shaking my head agreeing with her. I love her honesty, and while she is kind of annoying and bitchy, it's funny. There were several parts that made me laugh and snort, and I really appreciate those moments. I needed to laugh and this did the trick.
Melissa
This is a very, very easy read. However, don't read it when others are around because you will be laughing out loud. (Caveat, that's only true if you're a parent with children.) It rings true, and not just because she's similar to me in many ways. She's also different in other ways, yet I found her to be hilarious. I read this in about three sittings, and had to stop a few times because I was laughing too hard.
Melissa
I enjoyed this book. I didn't rate it higher because I don't think I'd actually like the author if I met her and I assume this is memoir not fiction? If I'm wrong and it is fiction I'd give it 4. It was entertaining and I'm not usually one to laugh outloud to myself at books or movies, and I did actually laugh out loud while reading this. Good parody of the early years of motherhood.
Katie
Jan 04, 2014 Katie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Mothers, parents, people with a sense of humor
I downloaded this book a while back because it was free and the hilarious title caught my eye. I'm sure glad I did. A.K. Turner is clearly the best friend that I haven't met yet. She gives a real, brutally-honest account of parenthood through the eyes of a fully-dysfunctional mother just like myself. I laughed out loud many times throughout the book. If you're a mother with a sense of humor who's likely reading this review with a glass of wine in hand, pour yourself another and read this book.

P
Sorry to say I can't even finish this book! As a mom of 4, I was looking forward to a witty story about motherhood, marriage and life. This book is not that book. I had high hopes for this book, and I'm very disappointed!
Rebecca Fronckowiak
Funny story

Story about everyday life. Funny and true to life at times.Author has great sense of humor about how life goes day to day. I enjoyed this book and sometimes laughed out loud.
BL834
It takes a bit

I didn't care for the author's voice for the first few chapters, but then the humor and writing style came together for me and I enjoyed the heck out of the rest of the book.
Sherri
Funny once again

I admit, I do have a pretty warped sense of humor so it is no surprise that I loved this book. Kudos A.K. to a job well done.
Minnette
This is a light hearted read. Its a group of funny anecdotes from a not so perfect mom and wife. Several times I actually laughed out loud.
Victoria
Less booze than in the first book I read, but less laughs also. One more to go...but I have no idea where I put it. It'll show up.
Karin A.
Sweet anecdotal story of life with children. Loved their the month stay with in the in-laws in Mexico. The grandparents are a hoot.
Meagan Bennett
A.K. Turner's honesty is brutal and hilarious. I docked one star because her humor is a little crude at times and I can't relate to her overindulgence of alcohol.
Jordan Powell
Easy read

Reads as if she's talking to you. Complete with A.D.D. that accompanies most long winded conversations. I plan on reading more of her books.
Samantha Spawn
Real

I really enjoyed this book. I even laughed out loud a few times. As a mom I can relate to a lot of the book. nice to know I'm not the only one.
Rebecca
Didn't love this as much as book 1 but still thoroughly enjoyable! Off now to read book 3...
Stephanie (the nerdy princess)
By far a great read! even better if your a parent, and a parent that can relate!

I laughed so much through this book, it was such a relief to know there are other parents like that out there!

grab a drink, an adult one at that, and enjoy this book when the kiddos are sleeping!
Melanie
This book made me laugh and leaves me wanting to find her first book to read.
Donna Staub
Nice, funny read. Some language is harsh. Still lots of funny moments.
  • Thin Wire: A mother's journey through her daughter's heroin addiction
  • Corporate America
  • Never Give in to Fear: Laughing All the Way Up From Rock Bottom
  • Whisper My Secret
  • Alaska Bound: One Man's Dream…One Woman's Nightmare!
  • The Sound of Crickets
  • The Man Who Built Boxes and other stories
  • Curbchek-Reload
  • Deedee Divine's Totally Skewed Guide to Life
  • I'll Cross the River
  • Dear Bob and Sue [Kindle Edition]
  • TMI Mom: Oversharing My Life
  • Even More Ketchup than Salsa: The Final Dollop (More Ketchup, #2)
  • Focus - A Memoir
  • Tripped Up (SEALs On Fire, #8)
  • Not Like My Mother:Becoming a sane parent after growing up in a CRAZY family
  • The Emotional Eating Rescue Plan for Smart, Busy Women: Make Peace with Food, Live the Life You Hunger For
  • In Woolen Bikinis (Jean & Rosie, #2)
This Little Piggy Went to the Liquor Store Hair of the Corn Dog Tales of Imperfection Complete Collection Drinking with Dead Women Writers I Just Want to Be Alone (IJWTBA #2)

“Most women who struggle with their weight as I do hate to have their picture taken. It wouldn’t be so bad if there was physically a means of sucking in one’s neck, but as yet, I haven’t figured out how to do this.” 0 likes
“Specifically, we longed for a hiatus from Dora and Diego, not simply because these animated little cousins insist on yelling everything that comes out of their mouths, but also because Dora and Diego had completely failed in teaching our children Spanish. They now think that maps can talk and believe monkeys wear boots, but their Spanish skills are still as limited as my own. I’d been hoping to cultivate little translators, but no such luck.” 0 likes