Start by marking “The Prophecy (Daughters of the Moon, #11)” as Want to Read:
The Prophecy (Daughters of the Moon, #11)

The Prophecy (Daughters of the Moon #11)

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  3,121 ratings  ·  39 reviews
Catty almost has her hands on the Scroll and its power to destroy the Atrox, but time is running out. Anyone who sets foot near the cursed parchment will die, and it's about to go on display at the local art museum. Before Catty can steal it, the Scroll is hand delivered to her by a surprising messenger. . . but this gift has strings. In return she must travel to the dark ...more
Published July 1st 2004 by Volo (first published June 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Prophecy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Prophecy

The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsCatching Fire by Suzanne CollinsI'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally CarterHarry Potter Boxset by J.K. RowlingThe Twilight Collection by Stephenie Meyer
Must Read YA Fiction!
333rd out of 1,448 books — 2,460 voters
The Lightning Thief by Rick RiordanThe Last Olympian by Rick RiordanThe Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick RiordanThe Titan's Curse by Rick RiordanThe Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan
Books with Greek mythology references
88th out of 378 books — 419 voters

More lists with this book...

Geli
This book was awesome. It had been a while since reading about one of the daughters cause the last book about Maggie but it wasn't hard at all getting back into the groove of things. I was so wrapped in this book that I literally could not put it down. Thank goodness it is summer or I wouldn't have finished it. It only took me 3 days to finish and its not a short book. Anyway, This one's about Catty who has to find the scroll. Along the way she meets her father and a cute boy. The only thing tha ...more
stephanie
this book was so amazing. with all the twists and turns. you never know what is going to happen. i would recomend this book to anyone who loves romance/daring books!
Greekgirl
Lynne is starting to lose her grip on the excitment of the book. There was still a great plot, nice action, but the ending was slightly predictable.
Megan Marie
Koorihime-sama
CHECKED OUT THE BOOK FROM MY PUBLIC LIBRARY.

APART OF THE GOODREADS 2011 READING CHALLENGE.

2ND REVIEW. 1ST REVIEW IS HERE.

Review/Rating:

4 out of 5

Catty finds the Scroll in a local art museum, however, before she gets a chance to steal it, it suddenly goes missing. Though, when someone recently close to her hands-delivers this “gift” to her, she finds out it has strings attached. Will these conditions be worth it?

I decided to do a better review of the Daughters of the Moon series by Lynne Ewing si
Kathryn
What the fuck?

You think Maggie is dead, but you never bother to even LOOK at her apartment?

Jimena clearly still has some powers, and Magggie is probably dead, so instead of just telling your GOOD/BEST friend the truth, you decide you can't tell her who she was?

The scroll wants to go with Catty, but any attempt to get it to her is thwarted by the scroll?

Thank freaking goodness that SOMEONE in this book - Catty's father - has a sense of modesty that called for his daughter to cover up, but too bad
Emily Leathers
Jul 17, 2011 Emily Leathers rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: no one
Wow, this has got to be the raciest 'young adult' book I've encountered. The author goes out of her way to describe the (supposed to be) alluring details of the girls outfits at every opportunity (explaining just how low their jeans always seem to sit...), as well as spending way too much time detailing the 'tempting' thoughts of the narrating character as she interacts with one of the male characters. I was pretty concerned to find this in the same house as my middle-school sister - I have no i ...more
Tara Day
Catty gets a new taste for darkness in this book and I love it. Unlike her fellow Daughters, it's in her blood - not necessarily just a part of her. I would have liked to hear more about her father and it is mentioned that she sees all these memories of him in a certain scene, but you never hear any of them in detail - which might have been a nice touch to add.

I do love how Lynne Ewing went ventured into Nefandus - explaining that it was the realm that Catty was trapped in before. And she truly
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Well story moving at a good pace isn't? Intense at times but still very good that keeps you reading. Even if there's some in the series I didn't like as much, I'm still at least glad to have read it, as it does add at least something to the story. Also love the dress.
Laurel
The Prophecy focuses on Catty's life in particular. Someone has stolen the Secret Scroll from her and is putting the scroll up on display at the art museum. However, the Scroll's powers are increasing; t had already killed one man and is making the people who come to view it incredibly sick in a matter of minutes. After a run-in with classmate Kyle and a number of failed attempts at trying to steal the Scroll, Kyle tells her he knows who can help her get it back and something else that she wants ...more
Khalia Hades
This book was very interesting in the Daughters of the moon series. Catty has always been a favorite of mine and it was eye candy for me to read about her having to go back to the dark ages to see her father who happens to be a member of the atrox. The book is very good. i reccomend that anyone read it.
Oh, and to note, if anyone has been reading the series it is obvious that Jimena is no longer a daughter, Tianna ain't been right from the start and Serena has always had a thing for Stanton and p
Katrina Knittle
Such a cute and fast series. Really enjoyed this book
Britney
I had all the same problems with this book as I did with the others. It is just weird that these girls get so distracted by boys. I don't remember acting that way as a teen. The transitions from urgent time pressing situations to calm moments made no sense. The only reason I'm still rereading these is because I want to know what happens in the last book. I'll be so happy when this is over. It's sad to because I remembered Catty was my favorite. I refuse to let this go into 2015.
Alex
I still love Catty, and think she is the best character of them all. But parts of this book didn't make any sense. Why weren't any of them more upset about what happened to Jimena? Why did they all wonder "Where could Maggie be?" but never GO LOOK AT HER APARTMENT?

This book answered none of the questions Book 10 brought up, and I'm starting to wonder how they will wrap this all up with only 2 books left after this one.
Arra Abella
Feb 26, 2013 Arra Abella rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Young Adult (girls), Mythology enthusiasts
I really like this book because Catty will be a force of good and evil at the same time here. She will meet his Father and will embrace her dark side as well. Although I was sad because she will not end up to be with Chris but to be with someone else :(

Read more HERE
Lizette
I was actually excited to read this book b/c I wanted to know more about Cattys powers and how she has a evil side b/c of her father. I also like she has a new love, kyle. but the story seemed to go by really fast. i would reccomend this book to anyone who likes to read fantasy and about magical powers
A*Writer*in*Time
Anahi Velazquez
I really like this book because Catty will be a force of good and evil at the same time here. She will meet her Father and will embrace her dark side as well. Although I was sad because she will not end up to be with Chris but to be with someone else.
Cristi
Can't remember how I found this series, but I liked it. I have yet to tread the last, but I want. It is just really interesting a and i love the whole thing with the bad guy. I recommend this for anyone who likes paranormal-y books.
Better in some ways than earlier books in the series, but not as good in others. This book is only a couple away from the end, and it's clear that the author is trying to tie up all her loose ends.
Rachel
Feb 05, 2012 Rachel rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
This one again features Catty and the Secret Scroll but I was a little disappointed in the ending. No need to fear though there are more books yet to read!
Manasa
Apr 18, 2008 Manasa rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: those who like magical type of books with a little bit romance.
It's more of a book where 2 worlds exist and has a touch of romance. But over all it's preety enjoyable! Don't mind the cover though1
Krista
Nov 10, 2007 Krista rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: those who love new people and interesting turn of events
In this book we meet the relative of the character and a mysterious item returns.
Jenna
this was dark! i am really glad that they talked about catty's heritige though.
Chelsea
So good. I knew what Kyle was doing before they said. I LOVE THIS SERIES!!
Alex
"The Prophecy (Daughters of the Moon, Book 11) by Lynne Ewing (2004)"
Tynesha
only book out of the series that i actually bought.
Melba
Quick read. A tween girl fantasy series.
Madalyn Peters
I am rereading the series and i am loving them
Athena Braun
Catty meets her father and destroys the scroll.
  • Don't Think Twice (T*Witches, #5)
  • Snakecharm (The Kiesha'ra, #2)
  • Eclipse (Sweep, #12)
  • Witch Season: Summer & Fall
  • Red is for Remembrance (Blue is for Nightmares, #4)
  • Witches' Night of Fear
Lynne Ewing is an American author and a screen writer.

She always had to move around a lot when she was growing up because her father was in the Marine Corps. She has two sisters. Lynne graduated from high school in Lima, Peru after attending seven other schools. While she was in Peru, she learned to speak Spanish. She attended the University of California at Santa Barbara. When she was 30 years ol
More about Lynne Ewing...

Daughters of the Moon (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Goddess of the Night (Daughters of the Moon, #1)
  • Into the Cold Fire (Daughters of the Moon, #2)
  • Night Shade (Daughters of the Moon, #3)
  • The Secret Scroll (Daughters of the Moon, #4)
  • The Sacrifice (Daughters of the Moon, #5)
  • The Lost One (Daughters of the Moon, #6)
  • Moon Demon (Daughters of the Moon, #7)
  • Possession (Daughters of the Moon, #8)
  • The Choice (Daughters of the Moon, #9)
  • The Talisman (Daughters of the Moon, #10)
Goddess of the Night (Daughters of the Moon, #1) Into the Cold Fire (Daughters of the Moon, #2) Night Shade (Daughters of the Moon, #3) The Secret Scroll (Daughters of the Moon, #4) The Sacrifice (Daughters of the Moon, #5)