Start by marking “Night of the Living Thread (Threadville Mystery #4)” as Want to Read:
Night of the Living Thread (Threadville Mystery #4)

Night of the Living Thread (Threadville Mystery #4)

Zombies, killer dresses, and ancient curses prove that Halloween in Threadville can be sew spooky…

It’s early October, and hordes of visitors have descended on the tiny, celebrated village of Threadville, Pennsylvania, to attend a Halloween crafts fair, a zombie retreat, and the wedding of Edna Battersby—dear friend to Willow Vanderling, owner of the chic machine embroidery
Published June 3rd 2014 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Night of the Living Thread, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Night of the Living Thread

OpenBookSociety.com
Mar 21, 2015 OpenBookSociety.com rated it it was ok
Shelves: daniele

Brought to you by OBS reviewer Daniele

There is a lot going on in this book – a pre Halloween craft show, a zombie retreat at the local inn, a wedding, an over the top piece of clothing that becomes a death trap, a saboteur, Egyptian curses and fortune telling – that, in my opinion, do not really go together. Sound a bit odd? I thought so.

Elderberry, PA, aka Threadville, is a village known for its boutique shops with themes such as embroidery, fabric, knitt
Betty
Mar 25, 2015 Betty rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-books
Zombies are everywhere as Threadville prepares for their Halloween craft fair and Edna's wedding. Most of the shop's owner have guest staying with them including Willow whose guest is forced on her my her Mother. As a joke the Willow and friends have made a huge overskirt for the wedding. Iris, self claimed witch, is found in it drowned in it. Willow and Hayylee investigate the death as Edna is a prime suspect. Parts of this book I found hard to put. I recommend it.
Kate
Oct 09, 2014 Kate rated it liked it
I love this series but this was my least favorite book thus far. The first half was slow, and there was a lot of technical sewing type talk regarding the circumstances surrounding the murder. Definitely not the place to start if you are new to these Threadville mysteries.
LORI CASWELL
Jan 16, 2016 LORI CASWELL rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2014

Could there possibly be more things going on in Threadville, Pennsylvania? Edna and Gord are getting married, there is a Halloween Craft Fair and don’t forget the Zombie retreat!! If that isn’t enough Willow’s mother has sent her a cranky house guest to stay with her and Edna’s mother is in town for the wedding. There are also some other unique individuals in town for the festivities. Hold on to you
Vilia
Jul 03, 2014 Vilia rated it liked it
Shelves: cozy-mystery
Review from Backchatting Books

You wouldn’t think that zombies, crafts and a wedding go together but this book was just plain fun. The blinged out hoopskirt was supposed to be a fun way to celebrate Edna’s upcoming nuptials but instead it helped cause a death. There is no shortage of suspects as visitors have flocked to the town for the zombie retreat, craft fair and wedding. Willow feels obliged to investigate as she was first on the scene.

Willow may be a machine embroidery shop owner by trade
Book of Secrets ☕
Jun 03, 2014 Book of Secrets ☕ rated it really liked it
This was my first visit to the crafty town of Elderberry Bay, Pennsylvania, fondly known as Threadville to residents and tourists. This October is especially busy for the tiny textile town with three big events going on – a Halloween crafts fair, a zombie lovers convention, and the wedding of a local couple, bride Edna Battersby and her groom.

As a prank, Edna’s pal Willow Vanderling and the rest of her circle of friends create an ostentatious, over-the-top hoop skirt for the bride to wear. Unfor
Fred
Jun 05, 2014 Fred rated it really liked it
Night Of The Living Thread is the fourth book in the A Threadville Mystery series.

The folks of Threadville are looking forward to the wedding of Edna Battersby to Gord, the Halloween crafts fair, and maybe not so much, A zombie retreat. One evening Willow is out walking her dogs and hears Isis, who is town for the crafts fair, calling Gord's name and uttering a vow to join him in the afterlife and then issuing a curse on Edna. This naturally disturbs Willow as she is good friend with Edna and Go
Christine (KizzieReads)
Mrs. Battersby was a good addition to the story. I loved how a lot of new people were very intrigue filled, as well as very suspicious, mean and hateful. It added a lot to the story, and was very entertaining.
Carly McEathron
Mar 14, 2016 Carly McEathron rated it it was ok
Terri Crossley
Jul 23, 2016 Terri Crossley rated it it was amazing
With Zombies, Psychics, Weddings, and Murder Threadville this book has it all! With Edna and Gord' s upcoming wedding the ladies of Threadville have made a beautiful gown for a surprise for her. With blinking lights and a hoist to move it this is one gown Edna will never forget! With everyone hosting a visitor for an upcoming craft fair things are a bit crazy. When Willow overhears Isis a visiting crafter putting a curse on Edna and Gord she immediately tells her friends but they laugh it off ...more
Connie
Jul 19, 2014 Connie rated it it was amazing
Threadville and Halloween are a perfect combination. Willow and her friends are getting ready for the Halloween craft fair and Edna's wedding. Everything seems normal as Willow is out walking her dogs, but she comes upon Isis, craft fair presenter, putting things in the lake and mumbling curses on Edna and Gord. This does not seem right to Willow and when Isis turns up later murdered, Willow must race against, a horrible house guest, a zombie retreat, an obnoxious mystery author, and a detective ...more
Georgiann Hennelly
Mar 11, 2016 Georgiann Hennelly rated it it was amazing
In Early October in the Village of Threadville, Pennsylvania hordes of People have descended to attend a Halloween Crafts fair, A Zombie retreat and Edna Battersby's Wedding. As a friendly prank for Edna's Wedding Willow and the rest of the Threadville gang have made an overly extravagant hoop skirt complete with music and lights, But in a bizarre turn of events the garish gown becomes part of a mysterious murder. Now Willow must follow a trail of glow in - the -dark-thread and delve into ...more
Cheryl
Jun 25, 2015 Cheryl rated it liked it
This is 4th in the series about Willow who runs a machine embroidery boutique Her friend is getting married and they plan a prank of an overly extravagant hoop skirt dress with lights and music.The person wearing the skirt is murdered and Willow had to follow a trail of glow in the dark thread, got through a creepy graveyard and ancient Egyptian curses to find the murder. This book would be better to read in Oct since it is set at Halloween time and a 'zombie retreat.
Janani Gopu
Sep 14, 2014 Janani Gopu rated it really liked it
Shelves: cozy-mysteries
This book offers a very entertaining and light mystery novel. The author's simple yet effective style of writings kept me involved and hooked to solve the plot. The light hearted fun, wedding preparations and simple family feuds kept me upbeat and made my day much more calmer. Picked it up as a filler book while waiting for another book to be available in the library and ended up having so much fun that I am looking for other stories out of Threadville.
Dallass
Jul 18, 2015 Dallass rated it it was ok
Picked this book up on a whim from my library and I'm thankful that I didn't fork out money for this. Really didn't like it. The characters were annoying, and didn't really have any hidden depths to them. No real plot twists that would distinguish it from any other run of the mill cosy mystery book. Corny and a series that I will be staying clear of.
Jodi
Oct 14, 2014 Jodi rated it liked it
I was very disappointed in Willow's character. She was so strong and fearless in the other books, but in this one, she seemed to have lost her backbone. Between pandering to her mother and accepting an entitled brat as a houseguest, I'm surprised she didn't just hand over her entire life to them. If there is another book, I hope the author gives Willow her nerve back, and gets rid of Brianna.
Carol
Jun 11, 2014 Carol rated it it was amazing
Janet Bolin wrote another marvelous mystery. There were many twists and misdirections in solving the murder that kept me guessing. I enjoyed getting to know Edna's mother, Mrs. Battersby. I'm hoping Willow and Clay can find time to let their relationship grow. I'm looking forward to the next installment.
Doward Wilson
Apr 29, 2015 Doward Wilson rated it it was amazing
This series gets more interesting with each book. I enjoy the background location very much because it entices you to want to visit. The shops and characters are great and grow with the series. I am finding the story lines unusual and highly entertaining. Never fails to make me laugh and keep reading.
Kris
Oct 08, 2014 Kris rated it really liked it
Shelves: cozy-mysteries
I admit I haven't read the other books in this series but I absolutely wont because I cant stand authors that don't tie up all the loose ends (no pun intended). if she had I might consider other books by her because she is a decent writer but I hate wasting my time and not getting a real ending.
Becky
Oct 18, 2014 Becky rated it it was amazing
Since I live in western PA, I loved the title of this book and the series setting near Erie. It is just fun to come across places that you are familiar while you are reading a book! Glow-in-the-dark thread weaves a terrific story--it is not just for Halloween sewing!
Marcy
Oct 07, 2014 Marcy rated it liked it
Pretty decent story line but i was overwhelmed with the amount of sewing details but it is in Threadville LOL. Willow is the amateur sleuth but the author is able to keep all the other characters greatly involved in the story line as well.
Laurie
Feb 26, 2016 Laurie rated it did not like it
Shelves: library-books
Third one I have read, Willow really must grow a backbone and tell her mother to take a hike. To let this woman have that domination over a daughter, ruined the actual story.
Valerie
Nov 01, 2015 Valerie rated it really liked it
Decent story with good characters. The ending is pretty exciting, though, I felt the mystery was could have been a little bit better done.
Deborah
I liked the book overall, but Willow's guest's attitude toward her and the way Willow wouldn't say no to her mother annoyed me that I can't give this one four stars
TheChuckster
Oct 03, 2014 TheChuckster rated it liked it
Good read. Willow's mother really annoyed me with guilting Willow into have that horrible Brianna stay with her. Looking forward to the next book in the series
Mary Rank
Mar 15, 2016 Mary Rank rated it liked it
This was just a brain floss mystery. It was fun but nothing to write home about. This series is centered around a crafty town of knitting, sewing, embroidery etc.
Val
Sep 07, 2015 Val rated it really liked it
Another great story set in Threadville, Pennsylvania. This time the storyline is set around Halloween crafts and a zombie retreat.
Mary Byrnes
Jun 17, 2014 Mary Byrnes rated it really liked it
Loved the fourth installment in this series. The characters are fun and likeable. Looking forward to the next book.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Book Fair and Foul (Ashton Corners Book Club Mystery #4)
  • If Catfish Had Nine Lives (Country Cooking School Mystery)
  • Death of a Mad Hatter (A Hat Shop Mystery, #2)
  • The Legend of Sleepy Harlow (League of Literary Ladies #3)
  • Tempest in a Teapot (Teapot Collector Mystery, #1)
  • Literally Murder (Black Cat Bookshop Mystery #4)
  • Remnants of Murder (A Southern Sewing Circle, #8)
  • Silence of the Lamb's Wool (Yarn Retreat Mystery, #2)
  • A Dollhouse to Die For (Deadly Notions Mystery #2)
  • Razing the Dead (Museum, #5)
  • A Seamless Murder (A Magical Dressmaking Mystery #6)
  • First-Degree Fudge (A Fudge Shop Mystery #1)
  • Thread End (An Embroidery Mystery, #7)
  • The Ghost and Mrs. Mewer (Paws and Claws Mystery, #2)
  • Murder Gone A-Rye (A Baker's Treat, #2)
  • To Fudge or Not to Fudge  (Candy-Coated, #2)
  • Assaulted Pretzel (An Amish Mystery, #2)
  • Forget Me Knot (A Quilting Mystery, #1)

Threadville Mystery (5 books)
  • Dire Threads (Threadville Mystery, #1)
  • Threaded for Trouble (Threadville Mystery, #2)
  • Thread and Buried (Threadville Mystery, #3)
  • Seven Threadly Sins (Threadville Mystery #5)