Start by marking “Not Pretty Enough” as Want to Read:
Not Pretty Enough

Not Pretty Enough (Not Pretty Enough #1)

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  82 ratings  ·  54 reviews
“New Year’s Resolutions:
1. Lloyd Layton will know I exist. He once said three whole words to me, so this is obviously progress. If I don’t get a proper conversation out of him soon, then I’ll take my top off and streak through the cafeteria, because nobody could fail to notice these boobs.
2. I will not get expelled for streaking through the cafeteria.”

Those are the words t
Published August 1st 2013

To ask other readers questions about Not Pretty Enough, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Not Pretty Enough

Isabel (Sab The Book Eater)
Also posted on: Sab The Book Eater

I think I would've liked this book if it were written differently. For the first time in a long time (so long I can't even remember the last time) I read a Young Adult book that's actually different... both in a bad and in a good way.

So let's start off with the bad: Chessie. I honestly did not like any part of her. At first I thought I would totally love her because she kept talking about her ginormous breasts in a funny way. Funny/witty female protagonists are
Karla (Reads and Thoughts)
The thing about "Not Pretty Enough" is that it reminds us of those awkward, early stage of our teenage years; That certain stage where we are crushing on the cutest guy and will do everything and anything just to get him to notice you.

He's taller than every one.
She have bigger boobs that every one.
Are they really match made in heaven?

Chessie is okay. I liked her. She's good to her friends and her mom and I admire her guts to do those different harebrained schemes but at another side I just don
Joana Hill
Read more reviews on my blog, Words and Tea Bottles.

Not Pretty Enough just wasn’t worth it in my eyes. On the surface it’s rather rife with formatting problems (mostly dialog tag stuff, which is one of my biggest pet peeves). Once you actually read it, you realize that there really is no plot to this book other than Chessie liking a boy and doing really, REALLY stupid things in her attempts to get him to notice her.

And when I say really, REALLY stupid, I do mean it. This entire book reads like t
Francesca-Mae Randell
Read it on my blog: http://readingfrommycloud.blogspot.co...

Not Pretty Enough by Jaimie Admans

Age range: Young teen

Meet fourteen year old Francesca (Shortened to Chess or Chessie). Like most teenagers she has normal interests; shopping, hair dye and of course, boys. She's going through the experiences teenage girls all over the country have faced:

"I look terrible today. My thighs feel fatter than normal, my face feels spottier than normal, and my glow-in-the-dark pale legs are on show because we
Suzanne

Chessie is fourteen years old and she doesn't think she's pretty. She's in love with Lloyd Layton and does everything she can for him to notice her. Unfortunately not all her plans work out very well. Her resolution is to make him see her, to let him be aware she's there. She would even use her boobs as she has a lot in that area that could be noticed. When after many months Lloyd Layton still doesn't pay attention to her she has to take drastic measurements, but they are getting her into seriou
Nina (The Bookish Confections)
I received an e-copy of this from Dianne of Oops I Read A Book Again in exchange for an honest review.

I honestly don't know where to start. Oh yes, let me tell you that I was so excited to read this one. It seemed funny. So I was really expecting a good laugh. Well, I did. But not everything funny comes free. There's always a price.

I'll make this short. I didn't like this one. Even if I laughed a couple of times, I just can't bring myself to like it. Chessie was too much for me. Everything that
Mikki _At_A Bookish Escape
3.5 stars!

Not Pretty Enough by Jaimie Admans was a super fun and sweet read. I loved reading about Chessie's adventures to capture the heart of the boy of her dreams. I have to admit that I'm not used to reading books where the MC is a fourteen year old teenager. I was very surprised by this book. I LOL in many occasions and Chessie was a wonderful character to follow. This book was a great read and I found myself turning the pages rather quickly, just to find out what she was planning next. We
Emma Adams
Not Pretty Enough is a laugh-out-loud romantic comedy which is perfect for tweens and teens. We follow fourteen-year-old Chessie as she attempts to win the attention – and heart – of Lloyd Layton. Unfortunately, things don’t always go as planned. From a hair-dying experiment that ends in disaster to an accident with a javelin, Chessie’s increasingly desperate attempts to impress her seven-foot-tall classmate always seem to fail spectacularly. Teens will relate to Chessie’s woes and and cringe as ...more
Scandalous Book Blog
This is a fun YA Novel about a young girl Francesca (Shortened to Chess or Chessie) who is completely obsessed with a popular boy at her school Lloyd Layton, who by the way has absolutely no clue she even exist.
It was quite interesting to see all the things she is doing to try and catch his attention. And the kicker is when her scheme is finally gaining his attention she completely messes it up.
Take the journey through a teenage girl mind, let yourself indulge in all the teenage craze.
Fashion,
Shawna Shauntia
Please. Please. Please. Tell me I was never this silly to get a boy’s attention when I was a young teenager. On second thought don’t answer that, I just know I didn’t experience so many mishaps in one school year.

Chessie is one peculiar fourteen year old girl with a thing for Lloyd Lanton. Lloyd in … her mind is this tall stallion whom she is intent on getting to know on a much personal level. In actually he is that one guy that you’re overwhelmed with joy that it didn’t work out with. Once you’
monica ♪
The first time I give 4.5 stars lol

Chessie is a 13 yo girl who has boobs bigger than anyone else in her age. She has a crush on a coolest and tallest boy named Lloyd, and she wants him to notice that she's exist. And because she has bigger boobs than anyone else, and apparently Lloyd is way taller than anyone else in his age and even the teachers too, Chessie thought they both are meant to be.
She tries anything to get his attention.

This is very very funny book. In the first 60% of this
Paula  Phillips

Are you wanting a nice clean teen novel ? Something that relates to an experience we have all gone through ? In Not Pretty Enough, we meet Chessie - she is in love with Lloyd Layton and has made it her New Years Resolution to get him to fall in love with or at least notice her and be her boyfriend. The thing though is that Chessie doesn't think that she is pretty enough and she also is a bit of a klutz and does everything to the extreme as we read all about her adventures to make Lloyd Layton n
Jasmyn
Not Pretty Enough has to be one of the most humorous stories I've read in awhile. Chessie is a wonderful character that has lost her way in life - as in she's about as far off the path as she can get. She is dying her hair crazy colors, walking into lamp posts and generally making a fool of herself for one very special boy by the name of Lloyd Layton. She's sure they were meant to be, a match made in heaven - he just doesn't realize it yet.

Chessie's blunders, both big and small, are all life les
Melanie
Not Pretty Enough is a young adult comedy/romance. I’m far from a young adult but that didn’t stop me from enjoying this novel.

Francesca (or Chessie, as she is better known) is fourteen years old. She goes to school, she has exceptionally large boobs, she is the clumsiest girl I’ve come across since my young self and she’s in love with Lloyd Layton. Or, at least she is as in love with Lloyd Layton as a fourteen year old girl who has barely said two words to Lloyd Layton can be.

We follow a year o
Jess at Such a Novel Idea
For this review and more, visit Such A Novel Idea.

3.5/5 stars

Not Pretty Enough has a lot of things going for it. It is quirky, fun, HILARIOUS, and (eventually) has a good message. It reminded me of Angus, Thongs, and Perfect Snogging. The book begins at January term, where Chessie decides she is going to get the attention of the boy she likes -- even if she has to make a perfect fool of herself in the meantime.

And thus begins a year of ups and downs, laughs and tears, and Chessie learning about
Anastasia
For more reviews visit http://livinginabookworld.blogspot.gr

Chessie is a sweet fourteen year old girl that can't stop thinking about one thing: BOYS.Especially one boy in particular, Lloyd Layton.He's everything Chessie is looking for in a boy so she makes a decision.She must make him notice her and become her boyfriend in one year.That's pretty much what the entire book is about.

But you will enjoy it and laugh at how clumsy Chessie can be when it comes to Lloyd noticing her.She will dye her hai
Kim-Anh
The cover is so beautiful. If I knew nothing about this book then I would think he would have a heartbreak element to it because of the title and the look on her face... if you get what I mean....

Anyways...Wow! Let me just say... WOW. Chessie reminded me of those really crazy fangirls that are so out of control. The writing and the scenes was so very well written that I lost count of how many times and buried my head in my hands due to me cringing for her or just wondering why?

Chessie is a ve
Meganm922
Not Pretty Enough was an entertaining and sweet novel I think most of us can relate to. It’s clean and appropriate for young teens, focusing on embarrassing moments as the main character tries her hardest to get the boy she likes to notice her.

Chessie was a hilarious character. She was self conscious, but didn’t realize just how brave she was by trying new and imaginative ways to get her crush to see her and note her existence. Except her crazy antics get her noticed in ways she would rather n
Eustacia Tan
I'm here with another blog tour! This time it's the Not Pretty Enough blog tour by Oops! I read a book again. So on to the review!

Not Pretty Enough follows Chessie as she tries to get the attention of who she thinks is the love of her life - the freakishly tall Lloyd. Chessie's reasoning is because her chest is huge, she understands what it's like to be different. Never mind that Llyod is popular and she's not.

And well, she does get his attention - but not in the way she wants. She tries to dye
Hazel (Stay Bookish)
Check out this review at Stay Bookish

We all have our obsessions, whether it be books, food, or even people. It just so happens that Chessie Clemenfield’s obsession is Lloyd Layton. She’s convinced it’s love. And she’s even more convinced to fight for it- or to at least get him to notice her.

This book drove me crazy. Several times, I found myself laughing so hard my stomach hurt, but other times, I had the urge to bang my head on a desk or a wall. (The only thing that stopped me was the fact that
Rebecca
I received a digital copy of this book on a read-to-review basis. I’d like to say a huge thank you to Jaimie Admans and Dianne at http://oopsireadabookagain.blogspot.com
The address to follow the blog tour is: (http://oopsireadabookagain.blogspot.c...

What I liked a lot about this story was how relatable it was. I think most of us have been that girl in middle school; awkward, not quite pretty enough, and pining after that perfect guy who would never give us the time of day. Chessie Clemenfield is
Charlie
“I don’t want to be popular because a boy likes me, I want to be myself, and if other people like me or if they don’t, at least I will like myself.”

Not Pretty Enough is different from other stories I’ve read. The structure was something I have to adjust at the beginning. It was like a patch of scenes, randomly narrated by Chessie. I had a hard time figuring out how many days or months have passed but after a while I forgot about it and got lost in the story.

No matter how pathetic Chessie wa
(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis as part of the ‘Not Pretty Enough’ Blog Tour. Thanks to Jaimie Admans, and Oops I Read A Book Again.)
14-year-old Francesca (Chessy) has DD cup boobs, isn’t good at sports, and wants her crush Lloyd to finally notice her.
Unfortunately though, it seems that all her attempts to get him to realise she exists have all ended with her being horribly embarrassed.
Will Lloyd ever notice her? Will Chessy’s hair ever be the
Tia Bach
Chessie is in love and willing to do just about anything to get Lloyd Layton to notice her; no matter how often her best friend advises against the newest plan.

But with each new scheme, Chessie spirals into one embarrassing situation after another. Lie after lie begin to build, and Chessie finds herself scurrying around to keep up with it all. And when Lloyd finally does pay her attention, Chessie finds herself in a precarious situation. Is Lloyd the guy she's built him up to be?

Not Pretty Enoug
Pippii
Chessie is a fourteen year old girl, madly in love with Lloyd Layton from her class. Problem is, he never ever notises her.
But that will change in the new school year if Chessie has a saying here.
Armed with her two best friends, Debs and Evan at her side, she spends the entire year getting Lloyd to notise her…and notice her he does….just not the way Chessie wants him to.

Dying her hair pink with food dye, and has it ending in a catastrophe, stapping him at sports day and having him believe that
What a brilliant writer Jaimie is! Not Pretty Enough is about a 14 year old girl called Chessie (great nickname) who really really likes a boy in her year called Lloyd Layton. The problem is he doesn't seem to like her back and Chessie does all sorts of really crazy things to make him like her! And when I say crazy, I mean seriously cringeworthy, extremely awkward, laugh-out-loud things.

I really liked Chessie, she reminded me of me at school. I will thankfully say I was not quite as extreme as C
Olivia (Bookcomet)
Absolutely hilarious and witty, Not Pretty Enough had me at the first page. It's one of the funniest books I've read this year.

Chessy was such a great character. She was so clumsy and completely accident prone. She made some really funny mistakes and her decisions in general made me wince. I feel as if I know her in real life, Jaimie Admans' described her in such a way that I got to know her for her personality. Sometimes I find that I would only recognise a character based on appearance but th
Michelle (Pink Polka Dot Books)
Chessie is an awkward girl who is in love with a boy that doesn't know she exists. In order to gain his attention, she goes to massive lengths, embarrassing herself time and time again. I was literally cringing while reading how bad Chessie ended up embarrassing herself. It's weird but when I see or read about someone embarrassing themselves to such an extreme, I actually feel embarrassed inside. Like I'm so embarrassed for them that I become embarrassed myself... ok it's hard to explain.

Chessie
Christina  Torretta
Oh my goodness… What do I say about poor, dear Chessie? I’ve been there and done so many of the foibles she gets herself into. And for a boy too! So, I know first hand how she feels when she winds up just looking silly. But Chessie, Chessie! Oyy…

Ok, let me say this, this book was so easy to read, and yet since I have this super human power and have an extraordinary amount of empathy for the characters I read, I was literally just wanting to shake Chessie. The hair dye scene… omg! And this girl j
Marie
This review was originally posted on my blog, Ramblings of a Daydreamer. You can find it, and many more reviews at the blog.

Not Pretty Enough is a hilarious coming-of-age story. We meet 14-year-old Chessie, who has made it her mission to get Lloyd Layton, her as-of-yet unrequited love, to notice her and hopefully fall in love with her. What follows is like a comedy of errors full of cringe-worthy embarrassing moments that make you laugh despite yourself because they’re just so horrific (and ofte
  • Alexandria
  • Our Second Chance (The Chances Are Series #1)
  • Double Feature: Attack of the Soul-Sucking Brain Zombies/Bride of the Soul-Sucking Brain Zombies (Russel Middlebrook, #3)
  • Day Soldiers (Day Soldiers, #1)
  • Uninvited (South Hills Sidekicks, #1)
  • Wild Child
  • A Missing Peace
  • Initiate (The Unfinished Song, #1)
  • Georgetown Academy: Book Three
  • Within
  • Without You (Stripped, #1.5)
  • Undercover Lover
  • A Scot Like You (MacLarens of Balmorie, #2)
  • Bound to You
  • Everything Changes
  • Chemistry
  • My Sparkling Misfortune (The Lakeland Knight #1)
  • Star Power (Talent, #3)
Jaimie is a 27-year-old English-sounding Welsh girl with an awkward-to-spell name. She lives in South Wales and enjoys writing, gardening, drinking tea and watching horror movies. She hates spiders and cheese & onion crisps.

She has been writing for years, but has never before plucked up the courage to tell people. She writes mostly chick-lit and young adult. Kismetology is her first novel and
More about Jaimie Admans...
Afterlife Academy Kismetology North Pole Reform School Creepy Christmas