Start by marking “Much Ado About Nothing: A Film By Joss Whedon” as Want to Read:
Much Ado About Nothing: A Film By Joss Whedon

Much Ado About Nothing: A Film By Joss Whedon

4.42 of 5 stars 4.42  ·  rating details  ·  52 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Joss Whedon's new adaptation of Shakespeare's classic comedy has already been acclaimed as "a masterpiece".

This official book features an Introduction by Joss, his full screenplay, and a gallery of photos from the set. Also included is an extended interview with the director, discussing his approach to the play, and the production of the film, shot in just 12 days at Whed
Published October 8th 2013 by Titan Books (first published October 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Much Ado About Nothing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Much Ado About Nothing

Leigh Clemons
Excellent companion to the film, and a must-have for all Whedonites and film scholar/students. An excellent tutorial in how to cut Shakespeare effectively, keeping the meat while making the dialogue fresh and snappy (without actually changing a word). The man is truly my master now.
C.G.
I have read this play before, of course, but I loved Joss Whedon's movie version of it and I enjoyed the book immensely. There is a meaty interview with Joss, as well as his own introduction, plus some very funny stage directions in the play itself.

Having seen the movie a couple of times, I found myself reading the play and hearing those actors and seeing those scenes. Thank goodness I have the DVD as I now want to watch it again.
Beth
So what this is: A very in depth interview with Joss Whedon, and his Much Ado About Nothing Screenplay. There are also a bunch of behind the scenes photos.

What this is not: a director's commentary in book form (hopefully there's one of the blue ray). The bts photos are uncaptioned and there are only so many details of Joss's directorial/screenplay decisions covered in the interview.

I still plan to sit down with this, the screenplay of the Branagh film, and the original play, because they made ve
Chelsey
Honestly bought this expecting higher quality images, but the interview with Joss is great
Jessie
I would give anything associated to Joss Whedon a chance, even Shakespeare!
Christopher Ryan
Loved the film. Love this. Just the by-line alone....
Kim Heimbuch
Review will be posted here after it posts at its place of origin.
Kristan
Kristan marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2015
Goofyfeet
Goofyfeet marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2015
a.
a. marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
Tanya_x
Tanya_x marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Felecia
Felecia marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Penny
Penny marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Dreama
Dreama marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2015
Carla
Carla marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Laurali
Laurali is currently reading it
Feb 06, 2015
Yukanatha Svanidza
Yukanatha Svanidza marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2015
Marissa
Marissa marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Nastassia Alvarez
Nastassia Alvarez marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Matthew
Matthew marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Joss Whedon (born Joseph Hill Whedon) is an American screenwriter, executive producer, film and television director, comic book writer, occasional composer, and actor, and the founder of Mutant Enemy Productions and co-creator of Bellwether Pictures.

He is best known as the creator and showrunner of the television series 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1997–2003)', 'Angel (1999–2004)', 'Firefly (2002)'
More about Joss Whedon...
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Long Way Home (Season 8, #1) Astonishing X-Men, Vol. 1: Gifted Serenity: Those Left Behind (Serenity, #1) Fray Astonishing X-Men, Vol. 2: Dangerous