Start by marking “The Big-Flavor Grill: No-Marinade, No-Hassle Recipes for Delicious Steaks, Chicken, Ribs, Chops, Vegetables, Shrimp, and Fish” as Want to Read:

The best-selling team of chef Chris Schlesinger and Cook's Illustrated executive editor John Willoughby present a radically simple method of applying flavor boosters to ingredients hot off the grill, maximizing flavor and dramatically reducing grilling time over traditional marinades.

Schlesinger and Willoughby wield spices and condiments from around the world masterfully i
Published March 25th 2014 by Ten Speed Press (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Big-Flavor Grill, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Big-Flavor Grill

LaToya
Apr 28, 2014 LaToya rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Grill enthusiasts, cooks
Recommended to LaToya by: NetGalley
Shelves: arc
I love grilled food, I'm addicted to BBQ Pitmasters, and I've tried every BBQ joint in the city, so needless to say, I was excited when I saw Chris Schlesinger's cookbook, The Big-Flavor Grill. I liked the organization of this cookbook. It includes a preliminary things you need to know about grilling section which also explains tools of the trade. I was most excited to try the steak and vegetable recipes from this book, so I experimented with the Skirt Steak recipe and the Grilled Corn with ...more
MrsK Books
Aug 08, 2014 MrsK Books rated it it was amazing
Does your "grill master" need a "flavor booster?" The "buzz" about this grilling book is that it will only take 3 "quick" steps to add an incredibly tantalizing taste to "what's being grilled" for dinner tonight. These flavor boosting steps are really as simple as:

Prep: coating ingredients with spice rubs before grilling
Grill: grilling for the length the recipe recommends
Toss/Top: tossing the grilled with added "vibrant" ingredients

"We want to take you back out to the grill, where cooking can
Online Eccentric Librarian
Jul 24, 2014 Online Eccentric Librarian rated it it was amazing

More reviews (and no fluff) on the blog http://surrealtalvi.wordpress.com/

The Big Flavor Grill is a beautifully presented, condensed yet thorough guide to grilling with an emphasis on simplicity. The authors present a host of recipes that don't require a lot of advanced preparation (and purposefully no marinading) in order to achieve great flavor.

The book has an introduction section about the tools, processes, and things you need to know about about the grilling process. Then come the beautifu
DelAnne Frazee
Apr 28, 2016 DelAnne Frazee rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Title: The Big-Flavor Grill - No-Marinade, No-Hassle Recipes for Delicious Steaks, Chicken, Ribs, Chops, Vegetables, Shrimp and Fish
Author: Chris Schlesinger & John Willoughby
My Rating 4 1/2 Stars

Since I myself am not a big fan of marinades I found Big Grill Flavors a
Jenn Ballmann
Jan 25, 2015 Jenn Ballmann rated it it was amazing
I was sent a copy of the book for review through Net Galley, as always, all opinions are my own.

Many of the BBQ books I’ve flipped through make it a days-long endeavor before you can even get the meat on the grill, but Big-Flavor Grill keeps it simple which is how I feel grilling should be. The book starts out explaining the different types of equipment and different process you need to know before you start up the grill before moving into the recipes.

I love the approach they took with the recip
Ionia
Aug 31, 2014 Ionia rated it really liked it
I liked this cook book, but also noticed that it seems to assume the intended audience has no basic cooking skills, and thought it was perhaps a bit oversimplified for those of us who are familiar with cooking. Still, it has a lot of really easy recipes that can be adapted to your own tastes.

There are many really good photos (they make you hungry) and the recipes are made with things that just about everyone has on hand. I liked they way the cookbook was organised and that there are multiple re
Heath Henwood
Mar 29, 2014 Heath Henwood rated it liked it
Big Flavor Grill
This American book, assumes little or no cooking knowledge from its intended audience. In doing this it simplifies concepts too far.

For my Australian audience, grill is the American term for bbq, and all recipes are using imperial measurements. Does this make the book useless for audiences outside the USA. No, there are some useful recipes in there.

The first part of the book spells out grilling, bbq types, fuels to use, tools required. It tends to be a lot of words for little ret
Bethany
Jul 09, 2014 Bethany rated it it was amazing
My husband is quite the grill master so I was beyond excited to get this book and attempt some of the recipes out of it.One of the biggest draws to this book was that they were not marinade as I am not very good at doing those ahead of time. The recipes in here are splendid looking and I cannot wait to try many of them. I like how the book breaks things down and doesn't just assume that one is a grill master,so really this book could be used by anyone who has the desire to grill. I really ...more
Mazzou B
Sep 04, 2014 Mazzou B rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
Yet another vibrant cookbook from Ten Speed Press! It seems like every cookbook I get from this company is packed with flavorful, make-able recipes accented by beautiful photographs!

Clearly experts in the realm of creating amazing flavors on the grill, the authors have created over 100 taste-bud awakening combinations of herbs and spices to make your grilling experience amazing!

The format of each recipe follows a simple plan of: Prep, Toss and Grill! Just 3 easy steps per recipe.

I was pleased t
Marilyn
Jun 30, 2014 Marilyn rated it it was ok
Seemed like every recipe called for bacon--I like bacon as much as the next person but these recipes seemed all the same.
Sofia
Sofia rated it really liked it
Aug 28, 2014
Liz Winn
Liz Winn rated it really liked it
May 29, 2016
Sarah rated it liked it
Dec 14, 2015
Brian
Brian rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2015
Bill Benedict
Bill Benedict rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2014
Elizabeth Richards
Elizabeth Richards rated it it was amazing
Mar 30, 2015
Brea Herrington
Brea Herrington rated it liked it
Jul 28, 2014
Yo
Yo rated it it was amazing
Feb 27, 2016
Cheri Aiello
Cheri Aiello rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2015
Amanda
Aug 10, 2014 Amanda rated it really liked it
Excellent cookbook; simple recipes for simple, delicious dishes.
Toboggan Dad
Toboggan Dad rated it liked it
Nov 17, 2015
Amy
Amy rated it it was amazing
Nov 28, 2014
Natalie
Natalie rated it liked it
Aug 18, 2015
Angelic
Angelic rated it really liked it
Jul 25, 2014
Susan Peters
Susan Peters rated it liked it
Jul 14, 2016
Christine Liegel
Christine Liegel rated it really liked it
Dec 24, 2014
Robin rated it liked it
May 26, 2014
Ada  Library
Aug 10, 2014 Ada Library rated it really liked it
Excellent cookbook; simple recipes for simple, delicious dishes.
Pnmp44yahoo.com
Dec 10, 2014 Pnmp44yahoo.com rated it really liked it
so easy & simple and lots of flavor.