Start by marking “Seduction of the Phoenix (Zhang Dynasty, #1)” as Want to Read:
Seduction of the Phoenix (Zhang Dynasty, #1)

Seduction of the Phoenix (Zhang Dynasty #1)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  197 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Prince Zhang Jin is a man raised in honor and tradition, so it is a great surprise when he is compelled to claim a stranger as his bride who has neither. Francesca La Rosa is hardly a match fit for a prince. Though beautiful, she is a thief with one thing on her mind--stealing the sacred Jade Phoenix of his people. But the mystery doesn't end there. With the aid of the spi ...more
Paperback, 1st Edition
Published by New Concepts Publishing (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Seduction of the Phoenix, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seduction of the Phoenix

Daisiemae
Prince Zhang Jin is trying not to look too bored. Having more traditional belief than his brothers, he is honor-bound to endure the Qi-Zi celemony where all of the beautiful women on his planet-Lintian- offer themselves up for their hand in marriage. After awhile, all the women look and act the same. Just as he begins to think the ceremony is over, a masked woman is brought into the procedings in shackles. As the guards begin to inform the Emperor of the womans crimes, his Ancestoral Grandfather ...more
Cheri
Honor her past at the expense of her future. Claim happiness but betray her past. Two choices that can only end in guilt. What does beautiful thief Francesca choose?

Prince Yin, steeped in history and tradition, seems unlikely to pick someone like Francesca as a wife when he has refused the parade of nobles that came before her.

This next book in the future Ms Pillow has intrigued us with continues to compel and keep us wanting more. It's fun to revisit other characters from previous books and add
Heather Watkins
Francesca is a thief. She trained as a Wushu artist from a man who was forced from the Zhang city due to the artform of the art. Her master was killed by the Zhang family and her master sent her to steel the Jade Phoenix.

The Phoenix is a part of life for the Zhang empire. It is dearly protected by the ancestors. Little does Jin know that she is going to be his bride, not by his choice. The theft is somewhat difficult but is mastered and Francesca leaves the planet with the Phoenix.

She is know
Carole Rae
This is the first book I've read by Michelle M. Pillow and it is also the first book of the Zhang Dynasty series, which is one the many series written by this author. She is no newbie by any means.

Alright....I was rather confused during the first couple of chapters. When I picked this up I had thought that this was a historical romance and it did seem so! However, uploads, computers, cameras, and etc was mentioned and I was like: 0_0? I went onto goodreads and found out that this is a fantasy an
Jeanne
I cannot express how deeply, soul deep, sad I am that I couldn't finish this book. It started to so damn strong. I LOVE science fiction, and am desperate for well written interracial romance. Up until the point I had to stop this book was BOTH.

Sadly, it suffered from same issue I have with a lot of erotica and erotic speculative fiction. Unsexy, and even laughable language used for the sex scene (see the creamy cores and twitching sabers shelf). Seriously, if something "creamy" is coming woman's
Karen
Sep 19, 2012 Karen rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: so far... seems interesting and love the previous linked books...
Recommended to Karen by: I think Jill reco'd the Kalqourian series which lead me to this I love the alien, menage/romance books.
This is series 3 in a linking series by Michelle Pillow

First series in this linking set of books are:
DRAGON LORDS
THEN
LORD OF THE VAR
THEN
THIS SERIES ZHANG DYNASTY

Each series link in some way,
Starting with the Dragon Lords which are dragon shifters from the same planet as the Var who are Cat or 'TIGER/PANTHER' Shifters 'large cat species', both species of men live on the same planet and have been at war for hundreds of years going back 56 gennerations, now finally at peace... The men of Var have
Megan

Prince Zhang Jin is forced to stand through yet another ceremony in search of a wife. He doesn’t want a wife, neither do his bothers, but tradition dictates that he must go through the ceremony. If he sees the woman that he is to marry, he will claim her and the rest of the etiquettes will follow. That is until the ceremony is interrupted by the guards baring a thief that has attempted to steal one of the Zhang families artifacts, the jade phoenix. The thief is Francesca de Rose and she
Christine Croke
Francesca is a thief with no family. Prince Ying is all about tradition and family. the antics they get into with the interference from their long dead ancestors are great. The deep respect for tradition from Prince Ying becomes a bit of a hindrance with Francesca who is all about honor but has no tradition. Great read. Can't wait to see what happens next.

I was given this book by the author for an honest review in my own words. I was not compensation in any way.
Oana
One of the author's more complex books. I really enjoyed it. The heroine kept her style and independence throughout the book and I always appreciate this. And the guy is just too cute, impossible not to fall for ourselves.
Normally I would rate it 4 stars because it's something I would definitely recommend for its genre, but I'll make an exception and rate it 5 since that would put it in the collection of books I would read again.
I like the writing style of this book, but the main characters were often very one dimensional and sometimes abusive to each other. I grew very tired of the heroine saying that all they have together was sex. The sad part was that this was a very good possibility.
Alesia
It was pretty good considering I didn't know it was connected to her other series and that it was futuristic which I usually don't read. I liked the characters and the romance between them.
corlee1289
I couldn't finish this, it got to the point where I was no longer enjoying the book and had to force myself to keep reading another page... Then I realized, this book probably didn't suit me.
Jwezi
3.5 stars. The plot is nice but not well written. :) Still a nice short read. :)
Erotic Horizon
Zhang Dynasty: Seduction of the Phoenix by Michelle M. Pillow (2006)
Cary Morton
Cary Morton marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Steph
Steph marked it as to-read
May 08, 2015
Yasmim
Yasmim marked it as to-read
May 07, 2015
Akasha Elfwitch
Akasha Elfwitch marked it as to-read
May 06, 2015
Gretchen
Gretchen marked it as to-read
May 02, 2015
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Nisa
Nisa marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
Monika
Monika marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
  • Pieces
  • Rated: X-Mas
  • Heaven Sent 2 (Heaven Sent, #3 & #4)
  • His Beautiful Samurai (Genjin/Holmes Mysteries, #1)
  • Perfect Ten: A Going for the Gold Novel
  • The Marann
  • Persistence of Memory
  • Off the Beaten Path
  • Liquid Glass
  • Leaving Earth (Delroi Connection, #2)
  • Shaking Off the Dust
  • Hunger (Chicken Ranch, #1)
  • Letting In the Light
  • Bound to Him (Bound, #2)
  • Planet X
New York Times & USA Today Bestselling Author
#1 Amazon Bestselling Author
www.MichellePillow.com

Michelle M. Pillow is a multi-published, National Bestselling Author writing in many fiction genres including the Bestselling Dragon-Shifter series Dragon Lords and Captured by a Dragon-Shifter, and the mischievously magical Warlocks MacGregor.

Works also include Lord of the Abyss and Lords of the Va
More about Michelle M. Pillow...

Zhang Dynasty (2 books)
  • Temptation of the Butterfly (Zhangy Dynasty #2)
The Savage King (Lords of the Var, #1) Barbarian Prince: Dragon Lords Anniversary Edition The Playful Prince (Lords of the Var, #2) Perfect Prince: Dragon Lords Anniversary Edition Dark Prince: Dragon Lords Anniversary Edition