Start by marking “Guardian Dragons” as Want to Read:
Guardian Dragons

Read Book

Guardian Dragons (Aarabassa World: Divided Realms #1)

Based on the world of Aarabassa where one half is dark the other is in constant sunlight. A magic barrier divides the darker characters out of the Lightlands.

Only the Guardian Dragons and the Changeling can pass through the Magic Wall. When the dragons over hear vamplins plotting to attack the Darklands, the dragon Queen seeks the Ancient Mage for help.

Three young Princes
Kindle Edition, Edition 3, 179 pages
Published June 2013 by Kindle Direct Publishing (first published November 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Guardian Dragons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Guardian Dragons

Darlene Kuncytes
Jan 09, 2014 Darlene Kuncytes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Such a great read. With this not being my genre of reads, I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. The story pulled me in. It was such an interesting world that I couldn't help but to get involved with each character. Great job Catherine, and I look forward to more!
Sam
This is a fantasy novel set in the world of Aarabassa, and suitable for young adults. A magical barrier divides the world in two, one half in perpetual darkness, the other in permanent light. But the dark emperor schemes to bring down the barrier and declare war on the Light Lands.

This felt almost like a collection of short stories joined by an ongoing plot thread. Two or three characters are introduced, there's a story about them, then we move along to different characters. There's also a feeli
Theresea Wasson
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review. This story shows so much promise that it pains me to give it such a low review. To start with the font size changes were extremely distracting. In the course of 1 page, there could be a total of 3 different font sizes as well as italics. Made the reading very difficult. The story synopsis had nothing to do with the book that I read either. Granted that this is part 1 of hopefully 2, most books that I read that come in multiple parts have a ...more
Sharon Stevenson
Jan 09, 2014 Sharon Stevenson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
'Guardian Dragons' is an unusual fantasy tale with several unique characters. It's the first in a series and this one felt very much like it was setting the stage for the bigger story to come.

For me this felt like a collection of gradually interlinking fairy tales featuring changelings, huphins, dragons, and a few other fantasy character types. I found the princess huphin part of the story the most engaging, though I did also very much enjoy the fiery changeling princess Heather also.

It's an ea
Olivia
Jan 09, 2014 Olivia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given a copy of this book in exchange for a review.

Guardian dragons was a book that had characters that reminded me of my favourite fairy tale characters. I especially loved the fiery changeling Heather. But then there was the dragons, the Huphins and Catherine's version of vampires vamplins. I also liked the tales of Rikka a witch and her son Fedros as they did the bidding for their master. We follow the stories of Aarabassa where the world is separated into 2 parts half dark and half li
Emma Jaye
Jun 17, 2013 Emma Jaye rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Guardian Dragons sets the scene for a fascinating new series in a multi faceted world populated with a myriad of sentient beings, from magical humans, dragons and half dolphin ocean dwellers to frost giants, vampires (vamplins) and dastardly mind controlling baddies.

The heroes are noble and kind, the baddies wonderfully dastardly, without a single redeeming feature. The Arabassa World series, at this stage seems to be suitable for all ages, as there are no adult scenes or gore, however the doo
R. Rose
The author told me in advance that she was doing some revisions, so I kept that in mind as I was reading this book. Although, there are a few too many descriptive and repetitive words for my taste the story itself follows a very readable path. All the main characters are introduced and storyline is plotted out. It looks to become a great beginning for the series and I look forward to following it and the characters on the journey. Thank you Catherine for allowing me read your wonderful story.
Catherine Vickers
Jan 09, 2014 Catherine Vickers added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: written-by-me
Book one introduces the reader to the newly created world of Aarabassa. The tale focuses around the four main characters (our heroes and heroin).

The reader will meet humans and non humans and a whole new type of vampire (vamplin). If you like dragons then you will be happy to know they here on the world of Aarabassa.

On a world that is half light and half dark, it stands to reason that the darker more evil characters live in the Darklands and they want out.
Devorah Fox
May 01, 2014 Devorah Fox rated it liked it
This story had a fairly tale quality for me. I could almost picture it as a Disney movie because the characters were endearing, especially the huphins, and even some of the bad guys evoked sympathy.
Jason Crawford
I was provided with a free copy of this novel in exchange for a review; however, as always, this review reflects my honest opinion of the work.

I rate this book a 3.0/5. Here is my breakdown:

Characters: 3/5. Vickers introduces several characters in a small space of time (the novel is just over 47k words), but I was only able to care about a few. I really liked the character of Rikka; she was interesting and I am curious to find out more about her motivation and how the Emperor came to use her as
Paul
Mar 25, 2014 Paul rated it really liked it
(Reviewed by Paul Lappen for the Kindle Book Review)
Part of a series, this fantasy novel takes place on a very divided world.

Aarabassa is one of those planets where one side is always light, and the other side is always dark. A magic Wall separates the two sides, a Wall which none may cross, except for Guardian Dragons (keeping watch on the Dark side) and a powerful human mage called the Changeling.

Heather is the newest Changeling. She is an impetuous teenager who can't wait to try out her abili
Joyce Wetherbee
Jan 29, 2014 Joyce Wetherbee rated it liked it
This book was somewhat difficult for me to get into. The writing came across rather like a meandering stream with a slow, mostly even pace. Focus on specific characters lasts only a few chapters before moving on to new characters so it took a while before I could see how they were relevant to each other.

I enjoyed how the history of the Lightlands and Darklands came to be separated was given as a bedtime story for a young girl. Like so many young children, Bryley was full of questions and kept i
Kristy
Jul 07, 2013 Kristy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-review
I want to start off by saying I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

The concept for this book was intriguing and the execution was not that bad. However, for me it was just a little too slow paced. This book felt like a long introduction and I found myself wondering when the action was going to start. There are also a lot of characters that the author introduces, which is fine because I want to know about how all the characters fit in to the story and the author do
Jackie O'Donnell
Jun 06, 2014 Jackie O'Donnell rated it really liked it
I was never a reader of dragons but this book has captured me. I will indeed need to read book two to see what happens to the Princes of the light and the evil Rikka who works for the dark master.
Tom Sechrist
Tom Sechrist rated it it was amazing
Jun 13, 2014
Hunter Jones
Hunter Jones rated it it was amazing
May 29, 2014
Sheryl Seal
Sheryl Seal rated it it was amazing
May 29, 2014
Cana
Cana rated it liked it
Mar 02, 2014
Carol Edholm
Carol Edholm rated it liked it
Apr 15, 2013
Robin
Robin rated it really liked it
Dec 22, 2013
Roy Huff
Roy Huff rated it it was amazing
Apr 15, 2013
Jan farnworth
Jan farnworth marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2013
Jacqueline Rhoades
Jacqueline Rhoades marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2013
C.J. Burright
C.J. Burright marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2013
Cassandra
Cassandra marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2013
Randy Harmelink
Randy Harmelink marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2013
Wicked Walker
Wicked Walker marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2013
Amelia
Amelia marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2016
George Stuck
George Stuck marked it as to-read
May 10, 2013
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2013
Amy Freese
Amy Freese marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2013
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2013
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2013
Yoni Geller
Yoni Geller marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2013
Harshith J. V.
Harshith J. V. marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2013
Basem Nofal
Basem Nofal marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2013
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2013
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014
Janie
Janie marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2014
Rosanna
Rosanna marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2014
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2014
Kurt Springs
Kurt Springs marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2014
Gail
Gail marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Vampire Books Fan...: A new kind of vampire on a fantasy world 1 20 Aug 17, 2013 03:44AM
Paranormal, Fanta...: RaR - Guardian Dragons 33 80 Jul 11, 2013 02:53AM
Self published author of Fantasy by night. Freelance Ghostwriter by day.

I am a shire lass, born in Yorkshire, England. Also a proud mother and grandmother. Yes, even grandmothers can be authors. I live with adorable dogs and a crazy cat. My wonderful husband assists me with rewriting and editing, which enables me to publish my works for the world to view:

*My Protector, a paranormal fantasy novell
More about Catherine L. Vickers...

Aarabassa World: Divided Realms (3 books)
  • Flight of a Changeling (Aarabassa World: Divided Realms, #2)
  • Blood Bride