Start by marking “Weekend Lover (Down With Cupid Shorts, #3)” as Want to Read:
Weekend Lover (Down With Cupid Shorts, #3)

Weekend Lover (Down With Cupid Shorts #3)

The weekend that started it all...

Sebastian Clark's intentions are simply to buy Nicole, a beautiful stranger, a drink, make her laugh and disappear before dawn. As a publicist for Snapshot, his days are long and his moral code is to always keep things light. Until he touches her and lust fades any lasting hold on common sense. His questionable motives pave a road to unbel
Published November 16th 2013 (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Weekend Lover, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Weekend Lover

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo BlueWeekendLoverTitlebySueBee_zpse2ae4a0d.jpg
★★★★! Weekend Lover, part 1 of 2. Well-written, quick & steamy novella about a one-night stand turning into a weekend of unbridled sex!

I started this Amazon freebie after I finished my current read while away from home. What started off as a romp quickly turned into a very promising and enjoyable sexy, erotic read only to end abruptly. Lucky f
Rosanna Leo
Jul 08, 2013 Rosanna Leo rated it really liked it
A short, sexy intro to a series for me. A man and woman staying in the same hotel for business embark on a steamy weekend, knowing that's all they'll ever have. By the end of the weekend, emotions get in the way, making them want more...or do they? I'm so glad to hear Ms. Blue has continued the series because I really want them to get their happy ending. I would have loved some more back story for added depth because the characters were likeable, but recognize this is a sweet, little teaser. I l ...more
Maria Rose
I really enjoyed this short story! Sebastian and Nicole meet and share a one night stand, that quickly turns into something more serious, though neither is prepared for that. Their one night quickly turns into a weekend and there are more emotions involved than expected. Both characters are likable and clearly compatible. The sex scenes are super steamy and though we get a happy for now ending, I'm definitely interested in more!

Delta
Jan 30, 2014 Delta rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of erotic short stories
3.5 stars - Weekend Lover delivers a hot romantic interlude between strangers (short story).
C.A. Szarek
Sep 04, 2012 C.A. Szarek rated it it was amazing
I really love this book! it was short and sweet and very very steamy! Fantastic erotic, especially considering it was Melissa's first venture in the erotic zone! Loved the banter & chemistry. Sooo glad to discover there's a second part! Looking forward to it!
Marquetta
Mar 16, 2016 Marquetta rated it liked it
apparently I read this earlier this year but didn't rate it on Goodreads. and Amazon didn't remind me that I'd already purchased this. thank goodness it was free.
Aimee
Jan 08, 2013 Aimee rated it it was amazing
Wanna know how it all began? Here, right here in this steamy short, that's where and every word is fabulous. Highly recommend to those who love seriously sexy stories.
Roseanne C.
Sep 12, 2012 Roseanne C. rated it it was amazing
Cute, sassy and sizzling. The chemistry is undeniable. can't wait for the next installment.
Wendy'sThoughts
Jul 29, 2013 Wendy'sThoughts rated it it was amazing
A beautiful little gem... all of the elements of what an adventure could be ... yummy
Justice
Jan 16, 2017 Justice rated it it was amazing
Nice. Funny. Great characters.

This book was good! I enjoyed the interaction between the two characters. I dug the heroines personality. I like him!

Overall, some typos but VERY good book!
Isabelle
Dec 07, 2012 Isabelle rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Any one that likes erotica
4 stars. erotica

Picture Comments Comments Pictures
More Images @ MyNiceProfile.com

This is the reason I get freebies sometimes. It's a risk really. You have never read the author, you don't know anything about it, lots of times, you shouldn't have gotten.
This book, it's one of those times I'm glad I gave a freebie and a new author a try, because it totally pay back.

Summary

Nicole and Sebastian are both on a business weekend, with their stressful job. They need to unwind, not to complicate anything. They end up hooking up, but ju
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://www.longandshortreviews.com/bo...

Nicole Harrison can’t help but be impressed when Sebastian Clark sits next to her at the bar. She’s had a horrid day and just wants to sit and enjoy a stiff drink, catch her breath and have a few minutes of solitude. But Sebastian manages not only to make her laugh, but pique her interest. He’s clearly more than willing for a quick fling, but doesn’t appear desperate or even on the prowl. After a pleasant evening of bantering, what wa
Monica
Jun 26, 2016 Monica rated it it was amazing
I got the 3 book set and loved it, but would have been upset at the cliffhanger in 1 and 2. Just know that each of the 3 are short novellas that total 1 still fairly short book but altogether make a thoroughly enjoyable read. The story is definitely HOT! The 3 include: Weekend Lover, Down With Cupid, & Betting it All.

Nicole is in Chicago on business and after a long day she just wants a drink at the hotel bar without anyone bothering her. When a gorgeous man sits down next to her she tries t
A.M.
Nov 14, 2016 A.M. rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-own, e-books
Nicole is a stressed out and tired publicist looking for a quiet drink in the hotel bar on a Friday night, when a man offers to buy her a drink. He introduces himself as Sebastian. They both say they don’t do this but they end up booking a room for a quick hook up. One night becomes two and then a quickie on Sunday afternoon before their flights leave and their weekend is over.
***
Sighs happily. Well written erotica.
Oh, that was niiiiice… I feel better now.
There are two further instalments; reade
Char (1RadReader59)
Feb 21, 2013 Char (1RadReader59) rated it it was amazing
What can you say when you have two Alfa's but one just happens to be a female. They only really seem to show these traits at work or in bars where they are trying to not get involved with unwanted advances.
Nicole & Sebastian have been victims of bad relationships & abandenment issues by a parent. So, when they let their guard down & agree to a one night stand lines start to blur after that. Yes, there will be sexually explicit chapters & language. Hello, romantic erotica. But, t
namericanwordcat
The writing this erotic romance is very good, The sexy times are hot and real. The characters human and compelling. I was really enjoying myself right until I slammed into the ending. This isn't a story story like the subtitle implies but rather the first part of a two (or more?) parter.

Grrr.

I am glad I found this writer though and look forward to her more complete works. I pick this up for as a Freebie.
Dawn Sullivan
Feb 10, 2013 Dawn Sullivan rated it really liked it
My first book by Melissa Blue. I thoroughly enjoyed this short story. Loved the whole idea of a one night stand turning into a weekend of lots of loving. I liked the reality of it and also the fantasy of it. The characters had chemistry and the passion was sizzling. The sex scenes were smoking hot.

This short story fulfilled my need for an escape and some quick excitement. The ending was surprising.
Rosanne
May 27, 2013 Rosanne rated it really liked it
Erotic Romance

A surprisingly good easy reading short story full of strong sexual chemistry.

(SPOILER ALERT)

For a weekend fling I was amazed to read that their compatibility seemed more than just sexual.
I'm glad to know that the next book in this series (Down With Cupid) is a continuation of Nicole & Sebastian.
Angus
Oct 18, 2012 Angus rated it really liked it
Weekend Lover comes together as a short novel of hedonism. It grabs a hold of you and pulls you into the sexual tension that draws the two main characters into breaking all their rules about such things. I found the descriptive writing covering the encounters, the food and the makeup of their normal lives to be fascinating and satisfying. Good job.
Danielle
May 29, 2014 Danielle rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Friends
Recommended to Danielle by: Free ebook on Barnes & Nobel
Shelves: melissa-blue
What was meant as one night of uninhibited passion quickly turns into a mind-blowing orgasmic weekend of sex for Nicole Harrison and Sebastian Clark. Once you get involved in the story and characters, it ends but there is a sequel. This was a very short book with 104 pages.
Kelsey Jordan
Nov 17, 2013 Kelsey Jordan rated it really liked it
I put it down and what a mistake that was. I can't say it was a one sitting read, although it should have been. Seriously, it was nice and quick and I have no clue why I set it aside. It's quick and easy. It's also short which it's supposed to be but it doesn't make me wish it was longer any less.
Melissa
Jun 10, 2014 Melissa rated it did not like it
"Weekend Lover" I downloaded for free. There was not much of a story and absolutely no plot. It was simply two strangers having a weekend affair. It would have been nice to read a little bit about each character - ie what their jobs were, why they were so destroyed by prior loves, etc.
Lizzie
What happens when you didn't really mean to fall in love?
you fight it every step of the way. Unless he uses the move on page 45, then you're S.O.L.
I really got into this book. Melissa sure can tell a good tale!
~Gen hearts books.~
Aug 06, 2015 ~Gen hearts books.~ rated it really liked it
Melissa Blue doesn't dissapoint with her writing. I enjoyed this prequel, and I recommend it to romance/steam lovers. So far I have liked everything that I've read by Ms. Blue, and I intend to keep reading her books.
Amanda
Feb 10, 2013 Amanda rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks-i-own
This short story pulled me in...once I got to the end I didn't want it to finish. Then I found out there was another book for these two and I immediately went out and downloaded it and I can not wait to see what happens with them.
Deborah
Sep 01, 2013 Deborah rated it really liked it
The good thing about this story? It was a tantalizing, hot, short read...just what the doctor ordered. The bad thing? It was a hot, SHORT read that left me wanting more, like the next book in the series. Loved it!
Meg
Apr 09, 2016 Meg rated it liked it
Shelves: college
This was a short book. I felt like there could have been a lot more to the story, and the ending was way too short.
Danielle-Claude Mba
Nov 28, 2013 Danielle-Claude Mba rated it really liked it
It was fun and well written, I will surely get the second part: Down with Cupid. Keep them coming Ms Blue!
Milena's Book Corner
I enjoyed the funny witty banter between the two alfa characters. Quick easy read to get you just in the right mood ;0)
Tara BegMeForBETA
Dec 13, 2013 Tara BegMeForBETA rated it really liked it
Short, sweet and very sexy! A great first part of the series, definitely has me hooked! Picking part two straight away!
  • Frostbite (Last Call #5)
  • Pearls of Passion
  • The Sweetest Torture (Sexy Shifter Shorts #1)
  • The Boss' Bad Girl (Callahan's Secretary, #1)
  • Claiming Lauren (eXclave, #1)
  • Unlocked (Forbidden Fruit, #2)
  • Same Time Next Year
  • Run to You (Curves for the Rockstar #2)
  • Emma vs. the Tech Guy
  • Best Laid Plans
  • Strength in Numbers (Strength in Numbers, #1)
  • Ecstasy Overload
  • Casey's Night In (The Mirage Agency, #1.5)
  • Under His Control
  • Dream Vacation
  • Three Nights in Greece
  • Shamelessly Taken (Den of Sin, #0.5)
  • Simply Amazing (Arrington Family #2.5)
Melissa Blue's writing career started on a typewriter one month after her son was born. This would have been an idyllic situation for a writer if it had been 1985, not 2004. Eventually she upgraded to a computer. She's still typing away on the same computer, making imaginary people fall in love.

Other places you can find me:
Facebook Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorOfSMR
Tsu: https://www.
More about Melissa Blue...

Down With Cupid Shorts (5 books)
  • The Sixteen Year Itch (Down With Cupid Shorts, #1)
  • Talk Nerdy to Me (Down With Cupid Shorts #2)
  • Down With Cupid (Down With Cupid Shorts, #4)
  • Betting It All (Down With Cupid Shorts, #5)

“Effortlessly, the man sowed the idea of sex with his quips, the smiles, and something as innocent as their legs brushing against one another.” 1 likes
“Celebrities had descended on all the high class hotels, so there wasn’t a facial twitch when Sebastian paid with his credit card under a false name. He had the looks to pass for an actor or male model. With her cheeks still flushed, Nicole had the look of a woman he’d planned to take to bed.” 1 likes