Start by marking “The Beast of Baskerville (Deadtime Stories, #13)” as Want to Read:
The Beast of Baskerville (Deadtime Stories, #13)

The Beast of Baskerville (Deadtime Stories #13)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  59 ratings  ·  7 reviews
The Deadtime Stories by "Twisted Sisters" Annette and Gina Cascone--they'll scare you silly.

Everyone in Baskerville knows about Jimmy Leeds. In fact, Adam Riley and his friends have been telling scary stories about Jimmy for years--stories they don't really believe. After all, how can anyone believe in a half-human beast with horns and hooves?

But the legend of Jimmy Leeds
Published January 7th 2014 by Starscape

To ask other readers questions about The Beast of Baskerville, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Beast of Baskerville

Caleb Czeck
I think that this book is really weird and kind of confusing. There's this kid named Dougie, and he is obsessed with the legend of the Beast of Baskerville. He tries to scare everyone to death with the legend and everything about it. It turns out that J.J. the weird kid is Jimmy Leeds who is the beast. He drags 13 kids into a sewer and makes them sing "Happy Birthday" to J.J. so that he can be a normal kid again, but he doesn't tell them that once they sing to they will be a beast for either 13 ...more
Alisa Hedden
I was lucky enough to be able to read 3 books from this series:
The Beast of the Baskerville
Invasion of the Appleheads
The Little Magic Shop of Horrors
Normally I would do a book by book review, but I wanted to make sure that these authors did not fall into the all too easy trap of having each book of a series essentially just is a repeat of the previous book. So before I recommended these books to anyone, I had to be sure.
Happily, the sisters manage to avoid the most common pitfalls of a series
Susan
I have mixed emotions about this eerie little book. On one hand it reads like a script for "Scary Movie". It goes from being hokey and laughable to slightly eerie. On the other hand, my students love it. I think maybe I'm just too old to figure out elementary student's level of humor and horror. I wouldn't buy a hardback copy until I tied out a paperback copy on my students.
Jen Bojkov
Somewhat creepy book. The ending was a little unexpected and might not satisfy those who like a happy ending. I guess some kids really like the series since I've had several ask for it.
Garth Slater
For me this was written in too a juvenile form. Probably great for a young audience. Only read it because it's kind of a classic and I had never read it.
Cheri
Like all "Deadtime Stories", this one had me on the edge of my seat, sending chills up my spine as I read with ALL the lights on. One thing I thought was great was that we had no idea if this was actually going to be a real "beast" or someone just being a jerk until the very end. These books are masterful in that they create terrifying stories with easy language--I would say that they are better than Goosebumps. A little gorey, but great.
Katie
This book was just like the other one I read. It is really awesome.
BookJunkie
BookJunkie marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2015
Stacey Burkhart
Stacey Burkhart marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
Joseph Blake
Joseph Blake marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2015
John Moxley
John Moxley marked it as to-read
May 20, 2015
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
Bela Drowned
Bela Drowned marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
Nor Ys
Nor Ys marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Rafael Eduardo
Rafael Eduardo marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Johanna Guevara
Johanna Guevara marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Anthony
Anthony marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Leo Secolt
Leo Secolt marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
Alpha
Alpha marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2015
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
The team of Annette and Gina Cascone, sisters.
More about A.G. Cascone...

Deadtime Stories (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Terror in Tiny Town (Deadtime Stories, #1)
  • Invasion of the Appleheads (Deadtime Stories, #2)
  • Along Came A Spider (Deadtime Stories #3)
  • Ghost Knight (Deadtime Stories, #4)
  • Revenge of the Goblins (Deadtime Stories #5)
  • Little Magic Shop of Horrors (Deadtime Stories, #6)
  • It Came from the Deep (Deadtime Stories, #7)
  • Grave Secrets (Deadtime Stories, #8)
  • Mirror Mirror (Deadtime Stories, #9)
  • Grandpa's Monster Movies (Deadtime Stories, #10)
Terror in Tiny Town (Deadtime Stories, #1) Invasion of the Appleheads (Deadtime Stories, #2) Grandpa's Monster Movies (Deadtime Stories, #10) In a Crooked Little House Along Came A Spider (Deadtime Stories #3)