Start by marking “Little Magic Shop of Horrors” as Want to Read:
Little Magic Shop of Horrors

Little Magic Shop of Horrors (Deadtime Stories #6)

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  43 ratings  ·  12 reviews
The Deadtime Stories by “Twisted Sisters” Annette and Gina Cascone—they’ll scare you silly and give you giggles at the same time.

Peter Newman really wants a twenty-one-speed mountain bike. That’s the grand prize for his school’s talent competition. And Peter’s pretty sure he can win it. All he needs is a talent….

When he and his best friend Bo see an ad for the Little Magi
Published September 10th 2013 by Starscape (first published January 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Little Magic Shop of Horrors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little Magic Shop of Horrors

Erin (Paperback stash) *is juggle-reading*
Knocking off another of these quickies from the bookshelf. This is the second "Deadtime stories" I've read. Despite it being geared toward youth, I think what I find so enjoyable about these fast, simple stories is the hilarity. Unlike Goosebumps, they don't end on eye-rolling cliffhangers every short chapter, and instead the author seems to focus on humor and sarcastic smart-alec kids with bad luck. In both books I've literally laughed out loud, so they are cute boosts to the mood. Story-wise t ...more
Alyssa
I thought that Deadtime Stories: Little Magic Shop of Horrors, by Gina Cascone was an awesome story. In the book, my favorite character was Peter Newman. Peter Newman was my favorite character because I know some people like him, I like his personality, and he is adventures.
Crystal Books Unbound
I knew that when I sat down to read this book, I would finish it in one sitting. It kind of reminded me of those Goosebump books I was so fond of when I was younger. Coming in at just around one hundred and fifty pages, Little Magic Shop of Horrors is a fun and entertaining read to pass a little time!

Peter and Bo want to win the school talent show. They decide to do a magic act so they look up a magic store in their local phone book. After several attempts to find this little magic shop with no
Alisa Hedden
I was lucky enough to be able to read 3 books from this series:
The Beast of the Baskerville
Invasion of the Appleheads
The Little Magic Shop of Horrors
Normally I would do a book by book review, but I wanted to make sure that these authors did not fall into the all too easy trap of having each book of a series essentially just is a repeat of the previous book. So before I recommended these books to anyone, I had to be sure.
Happily, the sisters manage to avoid the most common pitfalls of a series
Barbara
Peter Newman and his best friend Bo are dying for mountain bikes, the prize for the best act at the school talent show. Since they really don't have any skills, they eagerly respond to an ad about a magic shop. The proprietor is quite creepy, but he does know his stuff, and sells them a magic kit with everything they'll need to impress their friends. The trouble is, though, that sometimes the magic props they have don't work or seem to work too well, and they turn a cat named Tiger into a litera ...more
Jamie
Enh, I'm sure my third graders will like it...
Patti
Ok so these books are geared towards middle school kids. I loved it! There was just enough humor and suspense to keep me reading until the end.
Rebecca
My kids are loving this series! We read this one just before Halloween as one of their spooky October reads. What I love about this series is that every book I have read with my girls is equally entertaining. They don't get uninterested at all! I know when I crack it open I am going to hear... "Don't stop! Read the next chapter please." As a mom I LOVE hearing that.
Rafy
WOw! I havent been here in a minute, but this book was actually very good. As much as i like this book, i can not wait to see it on television.I believe that when its on Television it will be based exactly from the book because of how great it was.
Katie
This is the first book that I have read from the series and I have to say that this book is very entertaining to read and interesting.
Stacey
The ideas are half-baked and the writing is abysmal.
Alexa
Alexa marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2015
Jaylin Black
Jaylin Black marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2015
Stacey Burkhart
Stacey Burkhart marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2015
Anthony
Anthony marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Km
Km marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
Aidan
Aidan marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
Rummana
Rummana marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Amy Miller
Amy Miller is currently reading it
Feb 10, 2015
Cassandra
Cassandra marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
Neveen H. Badr
Neveen H. Badr marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2014
Barbara Thornton
Barbara Thornton marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

Deadtime Stories (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Terror in Tiny Town (Deadtime Stories, #1)
  • Invasion of the Appleheads (Deadtime Stories, #2)
  • Along Came A Spider (Deadtime Stories #3)
  • Ghost Knight (Deadtime Stories, #4)
  • Revenge of the Goblins (Deadtime Stories #5)
  • It Came from the Deep (Deadtime Stories, #7)
  • Grave Secrets (Deadtime Stories, #8)
  • Mirror Mirror (Deadtime Stories, #9)
  • Grandpa's Monster Movies (Deadtime Stories, #10)
  • Nightmare on Planet X (Deadtime Stories #11)
Grave Secrets (Deadtime Stories, #8) The Witching Game (Deadtime Stories) Invasion of the Appleheads (Deadtime Stories, #2) The Beast of Baskerville (Deadtime Stories, #13) Grandpa's Monster Movies (Deadtime Stories, #10)