Start by marking “The Navigator” as Want to Read:
The Navigator

The Navigator

3.33 of 5 stars 3.33  ·  rating details  ·  43 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Wall Street comes to Washington in Michael Pocalyko’s The Navigator.

On the darkest night of 1945, a 20-year-old B-24 navigator assists in the liberation of a German concentration camp.His haunting trauma is prologue to destiny.

Flash forward to present-day Manhattan. Warren Hunter, reigning master of the financial universe, is poised to close the world’s first trillion doll
Published March 25th 2014 by Forge Books (first published June 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Navigator, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Navigator

Patty
The Navigator is not my usual type of novel. I don't like books that are suspense-filled, they make me anxious. I listen to most mysteries that I "read" so that I can't look at the last pages to relieve my stress. I can hardly sit through a movie where the hero or heroine is in any type of danger.

That said, I am glad I read this story. I was caught up in finding out what happens next from the prologue onward. I wanted to know what all the connections were and how the pieces would fall together.
Cyndie
Oct 25, 2013 Cyndie rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Cyndie by: Kathryn Pocalyko
Shelves: kindle-book
Who knew a book about bankers could keep you on the edge of your seat with murder, hit-men, and hundred year old conspiracies?

The Navigator is great mystery/thriller that resonates with the soul of Washington DC.

The international, financial, political, and military milieu of the nation’s capital weaves its way through the trials of two brothers as they unwrap a family mystery that has waiting to be uncovered since World War II.

Highly recommend, an excellent read.
Ray
This is a read for a certain type of geek. I am one of those type.

You get the usual murder and mayhem, and secret cabals running about and behind causing it all, but the first murder in the book isn't of a person but of a financial firm. (Spoiler: the U.S. Attorney did it.)

It's tightly written, alternating speaking voices, mostly, between two brothers and tying back to incidents at the end of WWII in Germany that wind up profoundly affecting and influencing just about every major person in the b
Sherrie
The premise of this book--the search to locate long-lost Jewish funds dating back to WWII and the Holocaust--was extremely interesting. But I felt like I grasped this book in only the most superficial way, because understanding the technological and (especially) the financial plots required a lot more knowledge than I have. The author, as befitted his background, went into extreme detail in the "follow the money" part of the book, and much of the time, he lost me. As a side quibble, I found it i ...more
Michael
I'm on a good streak with the random library finds. This was a fun read, call it a "business thriller"? I liked the finance aspect and am strangely pleased that I understood that part without needing translation. Who knew! I've picked up a lot. All-around a good story. Far-fetched sometimes, but not out in "no way" land.
Nancy Ellis
A good thriller, with lots of intricate pieces of plot, really good characters, but way too much technical jargon of the financial world. Still didn't prevent me from enjoying the story, and I especially enjoyed the historical connections with WW2! Looking forward to more from this author.
Wdmoor
High-finance "thrillers" are often duds. From personal experience putting together a big deal means long, boring hours of work nailing down every last minute detail so it doesn't came back and somehow bite you in the ass.

The author glides over all that and puts together a nifty and suspenseful thriller with it's roots in the horrors of WWII, the machinations of modern-day Wall Street and every evil bastard in DC trying to get a piece of the Wall Street action.

Throw in assassins, betrayals and h
Luigi
I guess this isn't exactly my genre. It took me a long time to get through it and it never totally grabbed me.
Christle Southall
I liked this book--completely engaging. You wanted to know what happened to each character and how the characters "fit" together. The author delivered.
Jay Clement
Pretty cool premise, but I got bogged down in all the financial talk, and list that burning desire to fly through the book. Finished it, but meh.
John
Well written, and plotted with good ending twist that leaves room for a squeal!
Jessica
Not in the mood -- too much like work, reading financial stuff.
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Shawna
Shawna marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Paul
Paul marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
Lorna
Lorna added it
May 30, 2014
Zoe
Zoe marked it as to-read
May 22, 2014
Lesa Miller-cox
Lesa Miller-cox marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2014
  • Terror Red
  • Naples! (Recipe for Adventure, #1)
  • Cold Shot (Kyra Stryker & Jonathan Burke, #2)
  • Cook Like a Rock Star: 125 Recipes, Lessons, and Culinary Secrets
  • Mortal Bonds (Jason Stafford, #2)
  • Hell or Richmond
  • Set Free: A Story of Peace Found Through Forgiveness
  • Games Traitors Play
  • Start Shooting
  • Uncle John's Bathroom Reader Attack of the Factoids: Bizarre Bites of Incredible Information
  • Cain's Blood
  • Kill Shot (The Collective #1)
  • Relic (Books of Eva, #1)
  • Stiletto Network: Inside the Women's Power Circles That Are Changing the Face of Business
  • Dark Rising (Alex Hunter, #2)
  • The Wolf Princess
  • Jessica Darling's It List 2: The (Totally Not) Guaranteed Guide to Friends, Foes & Faux Friends
  • Sandstorm