Invasion of the Appleheads

Invasion of the Appleheads (Deadtime Stories #2)

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  53 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Soon to be seen on Nickelodeon as an episode of thelive-action TV series based on The Deadtime Stories!

Katie and Andy Lawrence thought moving to a new town—especially one named Appleton—was awful enough. They were wrong. When their parents take them to Appleton’s famous apple orchard for a haunted hayride, weird things start happening.

The ghouls who haunt the orchard seem...more
Published January 7th 2014 by Starscape (first published September 1996)

Liza
I enjoyed this book that I read to my children at bedtime. Just enough creepy for a 6 year old.

Katie and Andy have moved the the township of Appleton. Their parents decide to tour the towns historic sights on Halloween night. As they come to the sight of the burned down orchard, they find that it is not burned down as the brochure said. But it is a alive with activity.

They drive in and encounter strange people, creepy witches, ghouls and zombies. While on a hay ride to tour the grounds, the pare...more
Alisa Hedden
I was lucky enough to be able to read 3 books from this series:
The Beast of the Baskerville
Invasion of the Appleheads
The Little Magic Shop of Horrors
Normally I would do a book by book review, but I wanted to make sure that these authors did not fall into the all too easy trap of having each book of a series essentially just is a repeat of the previous book. So before I recommended these books to anyone, I had to be sure.
Happily, the sisters manage to avoid the most common pitfalls of a series...more
Barbara
New to Appleton, Katie and Andy Lawrence can barely tolerate the day trip their parents have scheduled of the town and a nearby orchard with unsavory history. Before they know it, their parents have disappeared, and their lives are being threatened by an evil witch who is poisoning everyone with apple cider. Late elementary and middle grade readers will enjoy the never-give-up spirit of the siblings even while they try to figure out a way to escape from zombies and save their parents who have be...more
If I were the target audience, this would have been a solid 4 star, so that's why it's so high.

A family, new to the town of Appleton, is on a sight-seeing trip when they enter a supposedly haunted orchard. Except - maybe - it really is haunted. The kids look a lot like zombies, and there's a mysterious fog that somehow separates the parents from the children. Can Katie and Andy save themselves, let alone the town? The suspense and horror are perfect for younger horror fans.
Sharie
Well written. Scary stories for the younger person. Definitely scary though.
Kelly
Joe Albanese
I read this a bunch of times as a kid and enjoyed it every time. I doubt I would like it much if I read it as old as I am now, but would definitely recommend it to a younger reader who likes scary stories.
Eira Schmidt
Eira Schmidt marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Michael-owen Jeffries
Michael-owen Jeffries marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Annesia
Annesia marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Dylan
Dylan added it
May 10, 2014
Luis
Luis marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
Countrygirl_TN
Countrygirl_TN marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2014
Brian Barnett
Brian Barnett marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
Abbie
Abbie marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2014
Zendaya
Zendaya marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2014
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2014
Dalina
Dalina marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2014
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2014
Noah Danforth
Noah Danforth is currently reading it
Feb 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Grave Secrets (Deadtime Stories , #8) The Witching Game (Deadtime Stories) Little Magic Shop of Horrors (Deadtime Stories, #6) The Beast of Baskerville (Deadtime Stories, #13) Grandpa's Monster Movies (Deadtime Stories, #10)