Start by marking “BirthControl (LaPatron, #2)” as Want to Read:
BirthControl (LaPatron, #2)

BirthControl (La Patron #2)

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  440 ratings  ·  24 reviews
When you’re the top wolf on the continent with the backing of the Goddess, how does an enemy topple your kingdom? By challenging you to a fight? No. By changing the rules.

After three hundred years of fighting and service to the Goddess, Silas Knight is the Patron, Alpha to the Alphas on the North American continent. As the top wolf, he fears little and has seen most things
201 pages
Published June 27th 2013

To ask other readers questions about BirthControl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about BirthControl

Prince of Wolves by Quinn LoftisShiver by Maggie StiefvaterBlood Rites by Quinn LoftisNightshade by Andrea CremerLinger by Maggie Stiefvater
Werewolves
232nd out of 582 books — 879 voters
Beast by Pepper PaceThe Grunt by Latrivia S. NelsonLove Script by Tiffany AshleyDmitry's Closet by Latrivia S. NelsonHer Russian Billionaire by Theodora Taylor
Best Interracial Reads
283rd out of 416 books — 309 voters

More lists with this book...

Shawntay F
Why oh why do I do this to myself. I read this book knowing I didn't particularly care for the first one. The last one ended on such a cliffhanger-ish that I just had to see what happened between Silas, Jasmine and her 'litter'. But this one did the same thing. I really hate series where you have to read the next book to find out what happened. This one had me feeling like I was still reading the first book. I prefer books where there is some kind of resolve and we get new issues with the next b ...more
Zanetta Robinson
Get an editor, please. It'll make all the difference.
Starapple
This is part two of the story "Birthright".

The story and the plot are very good. Its a new concept and I cannot wait to read what will happen next. Its not a series as it is being sold to us, but it is one massive story line.

The author uses beta readers as her editing team which is not a good move as there are so many spelling mistakes that it needs a good editor to give it the once over. A spell checker alone will not do as the words are not mis-spelled, just not the right word used. It could b
Anino
To be quite honest, even after having finished this novel, I am somewhat conflicted about it. Although it was a quick and not to mention, a seriously captivating read, it had some quirks that I could not just write off. Other than the usual misspellings & other editing quirks, there were a few issues with scene transitions, corny dialog, and farfetched scenarios... Perhaps I'm just another persnickety reader who demands too much perfection from her IRR's, but for $2.99, this book was worth t ...more
Tina
I am really enjoying the La Patron series by Sydney Addae. In BirthControl, the second story in the series we continue Silas and Jasmine’s story. This story is best read in chronological order. I really enjoy both Jasmine and Silas. Silas continues to struggle with what Jasmine means to shifters and Jasmine struggles to accept that her choices are yet again limited. I loved how both characters navigated the swiftly changing landscape of their lives. Ms. Addae allowed us to journey through Silas ...more
Susan Commeford
The story continues

This next chapter reveals more of the breeds and half breeds tale. I'm finding the storyline a fine mix between a real world scenario and a mythos. Other than a title that really doesn't grab you, the book itself is worth reading. We see Jasmine and Silas come closer and recognize their union. At the same time, the story expands to include more relationships. I'm on to the next installment of an intriguing series.
Tazzy429
Loved it

Seems like as soon as you get to the really good stuff... you gotta buy the next book in the series. By the way you're going to want that next book. The action and dilemmas the characters go through keeps you interested, the smoking hot sex keeps you satisfied without the whole story being one big erotic scene. my only complaint is that with all the books in the series they aren't bundled.
Lillian Bodie
Really keeps you going....

I really like the story line. I always imagine the story I'm reading in my head. I really like the way this one is going. I can't wait to start the next book. I hope that they keep this story line going. I'm sure others will enjoy reading this book as well.
Teinevai
I like this series, I mean of course I've just started reading it, I've just finished part 2 but I know I will definitely get part 3.

I found it easy to read and sort of breezed through it in a few hours.

Silas is the man and Jasmine wasn't to bad either - I liked how strong she was.

Michele bookloverforever
apparently the high king of alleviated with a human capable of conceiving hybrids and now bears his litter. she's not the only such female. the high king faces rebellion by those full wolves unwilling to accept hybrids miscarriages by a deranged breeder seeking to replace his mate...
Boxy Frown
I finished this second entry into the La Patron series, but it was hard to do. I enjoy the overall world of the series, but the last half of this book was particularly clunky and it was challenging to keep up with the action.

There are more books in this series, but I don't know yet if I will continue the series. I may go back to them, but for now I'm at a good stopping place.
Deloris
I enjoyed this story I liked the way the relationship between Silas and Jasmine progressed . I can feel there bond growing reading this book. I guess my only complaint would be for the story to be longer all in one book. There seems to be a trend of cliffhangers in books, I would love for a author to give me one complete story, I know they give you the story as it comes to them. This is a good entry in this series I look forward to the next.
Carrie (Book Fairy) Fort
Thank god!!
Spectacular series
Helena
I am really loving this series, @Sydney, please write fast I cannot wait for the next adventure in this series. Great read, lots of action and mystery, again it needed a little more romance for me but, the H and H fell in love and had babies what more could you ask for. Fast, enjoyable read.
Julianna
Don't ask me why i read this one out of order of the rest, but oh well. Still really liked it:)
Fashionista
This 2nd installment in this series is really good. Silas is conflicted between his duty as the Alpha over all alphas and his growing emotional attachment to Jasmine. They both finally admit their love one another. YAY! ;-)
Lisa
Yes I am expanding my reading. Never thought I would go for the wolf books. Man this series is really good. Enjoying the drama, romance, and suspense. I do recommend!
Denise Smithson
Great book and I loved the characters!
Kimchi
Great series , cant wait for the next. The characters are wonderful the interaction between la patron and the wolves in his pack is great . And the scenes are hot hot hot.
Shawn Baker
This second book wasa little better than the first but still disappointing. Needed more on the relationship between the main characters and there feelings.
D'Nae Gardner
This book was so good that I couldn't wait to read it. Not only is the book good but the writing is amazing I would recommend this series to everyone.
Tisha Mcneal
This book was a great read, but I am was a little disappionted with ending I not sure if there will be another book in the series.
Connie Barnett
Connie Barnett is currently reading it
Dec 27, 2014
Yolanda
Yolanda marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2014
Felicia
Felicia marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2014
Christine
Christine is currently reading it
Dec 25, 2014
Gina
Gina marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
  • What a Bear Wants
  • Scar (Pack Rulez, #1)
  • The Fire of His Claim (Claimed, #2)
  • Taken By Moonlight (Moonlight, #1)
  • Red's Bear
  • The Alpha Promise
  • La Sposa
  • Coyote Inn [Interracial Shifter Romance]
  • Harrier's Healer (The Megalodon Team, #2)
  • Dmitry’s Royal Flush: Rise of the Queen (The Medlov Crime Family, #2)
  • They Say Love is Blind
  • Laid Bear (Urban Fairytales, #2)
  • True Mates (True Mates, #1)
BirthRight (La Patron, #1) Birthmark (La Patron, #3) BirthStone (La Patron, #4) BirthDate (La Patron, the Alpha's Alpha) BirthSign (La Patron, The Alpha's Alpha Book 6)