Start by marking “The Secrets That We Keep” as Want to Read:
The Secrets That We Keep

The Secrets That We Keep

3.81  ·  Rating Details  ·  88 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Julian and Annabella Rivera have been married for three years. To anybody who knows them they are the perfect couple; happily in love and made for each other, but Annabella has been keeping a secret. A secret she wants to keep from everybody, especially her husband.

When Julian, a FBI Investigative Specialist, begins working late nights, receiving mysterious phone calls an
ebook
Published August 2013

To ask other readers questions about The Secrets That We Keep, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Secrets That We Keep

Belle Aurora
Jul 10, 2013 Belle Aurora rated it really liked it
***Beta read***
Whoa! I have to say, this book was a puller. From about 25% in, I was reading as fast as I could trying to figure out what was happening (in a good way!).
So many things I didn't see coming and I really think this is a great debut novel from Isabel.
*Will release a more detailed review when the book goes live :)
Mandy
Aug 30, 2013 Mandy rated it really liked it
Rating 3.5 out of 5

The Secrets That We Keep is a book with a fantastic storyline. This is not just a romance novel. And it’s not just a mystery novel, either. Our lead ‘couple’ is already married and very happy and in love at the start of the story. The prologue had me immediately intrigued and desperate to know what secrets would be revealed. The story is fairly fast paced. Once Isabel achieved her momentum, it kept right on through until the end. My head was spinning at the twists and I was an
Charmaine Stephens
Feb 08, 2014 Charmaine Stephens rated it really liked it
Shelves: epic
Where to begin with this story? It took me on such a rollercoaster. I think the title, "The Secrets We Keep" is such a perfect title for it because everyone in here keeps so many secrets. At the end of the day, despite it all, their still decent people. Plus I just love this author's writing style. And I'm ready for much more! I loved the whole vibe of mystery & suspense this story took me on. Was so intriguing trying to guess who did what, & who's lying on who, etc.. It was like tryin ...more
Breezy *Lover of all things Alpha Male*
Angie
My rating for this is really 4.5 stars (damn you Goodreads for not having halfsies!). I normally don't tag anything as a "favorite" unless it's 5 stars, but this is a really good exception. The book is a standalone and from Annabella's point of view (even love the name). There's a lot of mystery around this story and it flat out kept me on the edge of my seat. The chemistry between Bella and her husband, Julian, is palpable. His sudden change in his behavior and not getting his point of view kep ...more
Iza
Feb 08, 2015 Iza rated it it was amazing
The first thing that caught my eyes was the cover. The second thing was the blurb. But what kept me glued to my kindle was the story itself.

We see from the very beginning that Julian and Annabella have a happy marriage, still in the honeymoon stage. I have to say, I was smitten with Julian from the very first scene, where he was sitting on a chair, outside on the back porch and smoking. This may put off some people, but not me. The way he was described made me melt in my seat.

But it's also clear
Yanet
Sep 01, 2013 Yanet rated it really liked it
I receive this book as a gift and I like it . It was a fast read with mystery and secrets. Annabelle is marry to Julian but, she have's a secret that she wants to take to the grave. she believes that no one will ever find out not even her husband. Unfortunately, secrets never go alway, they only hide until revealed. Once revealed, you can only hope your life won't be completely ruin. If you want something to read than buy this book.
Audrey
Aug 25, 2013 Audrey rated it really liked it
Shelves: suspense-romance
I was hooked by the first page and I really enjoy the writing style.

Half way through the book i was wondering where the story will take me. It made me second guess everyone and keeps me in suspense.

Once the secret was out I started to get annoyed with Anabelle and how the story goes. It just made me slightly lost interest. But other than that, I enjoyed reading this one and love both Lucas and Julian.
Jengriego
Jan 03, 2014 Jengriego rated it it was amazing
Great storyline. I loved the twists and turns. I wasn't sure where this was going, and loved being on the edge of my seat! Also, there's some hot scenes in there. Can't go wrong with suspense and sex!
Beth Evant
Apr 15, 2014 Beth Evant rated it really liked it
This book was a pleasant surprise. It is a romance, thriller, mystery all rolled into one. Wow, the author did a great job.

Annabella has a secret that she will do anything to keep. Her husband, Julian is an FBI investigator, and she especially wants to keep the secret from him. Her family is dead and Julian is all that she has. They have a perfect relationship. Well,that is what we think. Julian is hiding somethings too. When things come to light, Annabella is unsure what to do. I do not want t
Sue Stewart
Jun 16, 2014 Sue Stewart rated it it was amazing
I could not put this book down - the suspense was killing me! Annabella and her gorgeous husband Julian seem to have the perfect life UNTIL some odd occurrences start happening! There are so many twists and turns and secrets - I would think I had it all figured out and then Wham - NO I didn't! Great character development and suspenseful build until all the secrets are revealed is just captivating!! It was romantic and fun and sexy and I cried a lot of tears! Amazing Epilogue! My first book by Is ...more
Shanice
Sep 24, 2014 Shanice added it
Shelves: dnf
DNF
Holly Michelle
May 04, 2014 Holly Michelle rated it really liked it
I am not sure where to even start.
This type of book isn't my typical read, but the synopsis intrigued me, so I had to read it.
From the start I was pulled into this huge mystery as to what exactly this secret was. The way the book is written you wanted to know, you had to know what it was.
Everyone in the book was sneaky. I think that added to the mystery of what was going on. Lots of twists would spring up just when you thought you had the puzzle of the questions put together.
I enjoyed this book
Kizzy
Apr 11, 2014 Kizzy rated it it was amazing
loved it! you never knows who knows what. that twist with Julian was crazy! didnt suspect that one. but loved how it turned out in the end :) would love if Lucas can get a book too :)

looking forward to more from Isabel!!
Alisa
Jan 18, 2014 Alisa rated it really liked it
*blissful sigh* This book was so thrilling. It killed me to not know what was going on and all the secrets and her hot hubby with their awesome marriage just slowly falling apart.

It was so engaging and I thoroughly enjoyed it. :0)
Jessica
Apr 27, 2015 Jessica rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This book was a real page turner. There were so many twists in the story, the author really doesn't pave the way for you to guess what's coming. Every time I though something was going to happen, I was completely wrong. Loved the book from beginning to end its suspenseful, romantic, saucy and action packed.
Robin
Sep 20, 2013 Robin rated it liked it
First let me say I am glad I read this book however it left me wanting more. I feel the book has more potential that was actually given. I've read quite a few books but this one lacked. It did not flow well at all. The beginning was great, the ending was second best but the middle lacked in luster.
Kim
Aug 19, 2014 Kim rated it really liked it

I liked it but didn't love it.
Cheryl
Aug 05, 2013 Cheryl marked it as to-read
To be read!
Dee
Aug 24, 2013 Dee rated it liked it
3.5stars
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2016
Victoria Hansen
Victoria Hansen marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2016
Brittany
Brittany rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2016
Shamsa
Shamsa marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2016
Beiza
Beiza added it
Dec 11, 2015
Denise Whited
Denise Whited marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2015
Kirsten Unger bass
Kirsten Unger bass marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2015
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2015
  • The Playboy's Proposition (The Power to Please, #2)
  • For the Sake of Revenge
  • See How She Runs (The Chronicles of Izzy, #1)
  • The End of Games (The Single Lady Spy, #2)
  • Diamonds Are Truly Forever (Agent Ex, #2)
  • Natasha's Awakening
  • Waiting for Romeo (Romeo, #2)
  • Unearthed (The Heights, #2)
  • Divine
  • Surrender to Me
  • When Alex Was Bad
  • Roar
  • Sociopath: Legacy
  • Bad Things
  • Panic Snap
  • All This Time (All, #2.5)
  • Sorrow Woods
  • Forever Mine
Isabel Lucero is a multi-genre bestselling author, penning the romantic suspense novel The Secrets That We Keep, the erotic romance books Living in Sin, Unforgivable Sin, and Sins & Mistrust; books one, two, and three in The Escort Series, the crime drama WAR, and the contemporary romance novel titled Resurrecting Phoenix.

She was born in a small town in New Mexico and was lucky enough to esca
More about Isabel Lucero...