Start by marking “Sunnyville Stories (Volume 1)” as Want to Read:
Sunnyville Stories (Volume 1)

Sunnyville Stories (Volume 1)

Sunnyville Stories is an independent comics series of the slice-of-life genre. Sunnyville is a small, remote village surrounded by vast wilderness. Inhabited by anthropomorphic animals, they go about their daily business dressed in traditional clothing; males wear suits and farm clothes while females wear skirts and dresses.

In this inaugural volume, a wisecracking city boy
Published July 9th 2012 by Different Mousetrap Press LLC

To ask other readers questions about Sunnyville Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sunnyville Stories

Chris
Nov 29, 2013 Chris rated it really liked it
What has been missing from the field of graphic novel storytelling for some time is the innocence and journey of American discovery that has been embodied in the work of Charles Schulz and in a different medium, Norman Rockwell. As newspaper circulation slowly declines with the advent of 24 hour TV news stations and the world wide web, where massive amounts of information are at one's fingertips, one of the victims is the comic strip. I remember waking every morning, grabbing the newspaper and ...more
Phillip Stephens
May 02, 2015 Phillip Stephens rated it it was amazing
You won’t find any superheroes, or femme fatales. Sunnyville Stories will remind you more of Steamboat Willy, the precursor to Mickey Mouse (if you’re old enough to remember, or have any sense of comic history). Or perhaps the old Little Rascals serials that played out on televisions in the afternoons when it was raining and our parents wouldn’t let us go outside and play. (Yes, I write from a generation when we didn’t want to sit inside in front of the TV unless Tarzan was on and then it was ba ...more
Lydia
Jul 16, 2013 Lydia rated it really liked it
I just received (in a very timely manner I might add) Sunnyville Stories by Max West in the mail, went to the local park to have lunch and a read. It was delightful and quirky. I won this in the give away and it was a nice change from from the dark comics and graphic novels I usually read. Liked the art a great deal. Reminds one of comics from a bygone era. All in all a good summer afternoon read. Would def recommend it. Kudos to Sunnyville Stories. I am also looking forward to reading ...more
Aer Bluewilson
Jul 23, 2013 Aer Bluewilson rated it really liked it
I really thought Sunnyville Stories: Volume 1 was cute. I liked the country cat Sam, and I have to admit that I like that the main characters were cats. I really like the The Train Robbers episode, and thought the shading of that one was done well. I really liked the bonus feature, the expressions of Sam and Rusty are a little more exaggerated, I liked this. I think children and adults could both like this.
Arthur Davis
Aug 15, 2013 Arthur Davis rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Sunnyville Stories is a cute comic about some small town anthropomorphic animals. The stories aren't too deep and the characters aren't developed very strongly. This would be a great book for beginning readers and the comic element along with the animals and the simplicity of the stories would make this book appeal more strongly to them. All in all this was a quick fun read with some cool artwork. --I received this book as part of Goodreads.com's first reads program.--
Chris Gobbett
Jun 06, 2015 Chris Gobbett rated it it was amazing
The first volume in the series, it promises great things to come. Max West uses his great artistic style to breath life into this idyllic coming of age story. Like all great art it is largely autobiographical and this is a rare original concept for a graphic novel.
James Lynam
James Lynam rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2013
Jason Payne
Jason Payne rated it really liked it
May 20, 2016
Shawn Granger
Shawn Granger marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2013
Cindy Gates
Cindy Gates marked it as to-read
Lucas
Lucas marked it as to-read
Julie Hutchinson
Julie Hutchinson marked it as to-read
Kim Coomey
Kim Coomey marked it as to-read
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Barbara Zitsch
Barbara Zitsch marked it as to-read
Barry
Barry marked it as to-read
vicks
vicks marked it as to-read
Eileen
Eileen marked it as to-read
Max
Max marked it as to-read
Darcee Kraus
Darcee Kraus marked it as to-read
Emmalee Miller
Emmalee Miller marked it as to-read
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Pam
Pam marked it as to-read
Christa Witfoth
Christa Witfoth marked it as to-read
Rosie
Rosie marked it as to-read
Tasha
Tasha marked it as to-read
Renee Booker
Renee Booker marked it as to-read
Karen Supinger
Karen Supinger marked it as to-read
Shannon Wilson
Shannon Wilson marked it as to-read
Melissa ahmed
Melissa ahmed marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2013
Suzanne
Suzanne marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2013
Diana Senn
Diana Senn marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2013
Melissa Cushing
Melissa Cushing marked it as to-read
Felicia
Felicia marked it as to-read
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Exie
Exie marked it as to-read
H.D.
H.D. marked it as to-read
Carrie Bonikowske
Carrie Bonikowske marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2013
Max West was born and raised in New York City. He spent much of his youth making visits to his local library (starting a lifelong love of books) and watching much television - both cartoons of the 1980s on broadcast TV and a variety of movies and specials on cable TV.

Earning a degree in creative writing from Baruch College in 2003 and taking night classes in art at the nearby School of Visual Art
More about Max West...