4.47 of 5 stars 4.47  ·  rating details  ·  524 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Anya Mitchell feels greatly blessed. The owner of a successful Los Angeles financial services company, she is also prosperous in love, thanks so handsome writer Braxton Vance. True, they have real differences over their future and she must struggle at the same time to show her emotionally wounded cousin Sasha the right way in life. But Anya's faith in God's promise is unsh...more
Published December 14th 2008 by Walk Worthy Press (first published January 1st 2002)

Shawnette
An Emotional Joy Ride

Joy had many twists and turns that kept me reading. Joy centers around the main character Anya, her professional; personal and daily walk with God. She's engaged to be married but something always seems to stop her from committing to a date. Her financial company is booming, she's pulling in top clients but her fiancé Braxton, is less than impressed that she has to spend so many hours at work and not enough time with him.~~~~~~~Anya a strong intelligent woman of God. Her lif...more
Sandra Menefee
This books was truly interesting. Amazing at the trials and obstacles surmounted for a married couple; not to mention the husband a minister and his wife an actress. What a combination. Held my interest throughout. Truly shows how God works in our lives for the good of those who belive and obey his word even in the worse situations. The lesson here to be shared is the joy only God can supply.
Angelique
This book was my introduction to Ms. Murray. It was excellent. Bought it after checking it out to a library and loaned it to a friend. I never got it back but I do know that it is still going from person to person introducing them to a wonderful author.
TC
I don't know how many times I cried while reading this book. It kept you on a ride the entire time, I won't say much else in fear that I will spoil it. But I laughed, cried and laughed some more then smiled. Definitely a great book!
Rhonda McKnight
This book is one of my absolute favorites. The main character really has to stretch herself to make the right choices, but she's able, because she listens to the voice of God and that's an awesome benefit of salvation.
Huls
Awesome read. I admired Anya for her strong faith and for not letting anyone come between her love for God.Hope there's a part 2.
Natasha B
Read this years ago, but still remember it as if I just read it! Good, inspiring read!
Amy
Was I the only one who didn't like this? First and foremost I thought it was way too graphic for a Christian novel. One of the main reasons I read Christian fiction is because I expect it to be clean. Once you have dirty thoughts/images in your mind it is very difficult to get rid of them. yes, I realize that what happened to the protaganist in this book is reality. There are many people who say the church/Christian culture doesn't do enough with tragedies like these, sure that's a legitimate op...more
Carroll Straus
Jan 20, 2009 Carroll Straus rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Black Christan women?
This was my first "Christian" book. In some ways I liked it, although I am not a "Christan"-- I am a a Baha'i. But the writing (or at least the editing) needs work. people are always 'whining" things (rather then just saying them) and "smirking"and" "sniggering" when this is clearly not what is happening.(Poor word choice.) There are sudden breaks in where the person is or what they are doing which are off-putting. It seems this market-- which is hot-- is very forgiving! The lot was good. It des...more
Stephanie Williams
Enjoyable read. I loved the book was written and the way the story unfolded. I think we all can learn a thing or two from Anya as it pertains to our faith in God. I admired her strength and her ability to overcome each obstacle she faced and I was happy that she was joined with the RIGHT man of God. This book was also a reminder that we must live our lives to that Christ is shown through the way we live. I'm never disappointed with a read by Victoria Christopher Murray!
Audrey Grant
It was MORE than I am used to in Christian novels. Most Christian books, even when covering these kinds of subject matter do so very carefully making sure not to offend anyone. This book was a flat out, no sugar coating, lay it on the line, honest but not trying to go over the top with "details for ratings". I like that no holds barred, from the heart honesty from all the characters and yet the confusion from some because they couldn't see the big picture. Nicely done!
Tasha
I truly enjoyed reading this book. There were some unexpected twists that kept this book intriguing and had me wanting to continue reading it. I was impressed with the quality of writing and the compelling story line. Victoria Christopher Murray did a great job.
Lunelle
Excellent story line of perseverance and trusting God has plan even through trying times. Although too much painfull dramas for one girl to cope with. But all in all, it has been VERY good read! Definite recommendation.
Cynthia Chambliss
Joy

the story unlike most Christian based stories had just enough suspense to not let me put it down. and, enough storyline s to leave the door open for a sequel. I pray ones coming.
Jessica
This book is outstanding, it is very touching and makes for a good read. I don't even know if I could fathom half of the stuff the main character goes through in this book.
Tawny Finch
Feb 19, 2008 Tawny Finch is currently reading it
I have just started this book and I have to say it is one that keeps your attention. Especially if you like christian novels. She is one of my favorite authors.
Kim Brooks
This book was the first Christian fiction book I every read that tastefully painted a love story that kept me engaged. I deem this book a true classic.
Jasmyne Jackson
I read this book was a tear jerker and a teacher. I enjoyed it from the 1 page to the last. This was my first VCM book and I clearly enjoyed it.
Aisha
This is a heart felt compelling book. The title is so necessary and helpful in showing people how to get over their biggest regrets in life.
stacie
Christian-based. Good read. Bad things happen to the main character but she finds good out of it. First 50% was somewhat of a slow read.
Kanika
A story about a woman who has to move past the hurt and fear of being taken advantage of and accept that God has a plan for her.
Stephanie
Joy was the first book that I read By Victoria C. Murray. I have not stop reading her books since.
Lady Krystal
I liked it; it made me mad during certain parts of the story, but the ending was good.
Christina Sanders
One of my very first Christian Fiction novels years ago...sooooo good!!!!
Arvella
Good to read a book that boldly confesses Jesus Christ as Savior.
Bridget
This book was touching, sad, lovable, and altogether good!
Genia Austin-fisher
loved this book .I couldn't put the book down .
Jd
Well written but very strong content.
Carol Hornsby-mccoy
Beautiful , just beautiful !
Leesa
Joy...was well written and worth every penny I spent!
  • Have a Little Faith
  • Everybody Say Amen
  • Church Folk
  • Love Like Hallelujah (Hallelujah Love #2)
  • Behind Closed Doors
  • Blessed Trinity
  • P.G. County
Victoria Christopher Murray is the author of nine Essence bestselling novels, including The Ex Files; Too Little, Too Late; and Lady Jasmine. Winner of the African American Literary Award for Fiction and Author of the Year (Female), she splits her time between Los Angeles and Washington DC.
More about Victoria Christopher Murray...
A Sin and a Shame Too Little, Too Late Temptation The Deal, the Dance, and the Devil The Ex Files: A Novel About Four Women and Faith