Start by marking “For The Sub (Mastered, #5)” as Want to Read:
For The Sub (Mastered, #5)

For The Sub (Mastered #5)

What you see isn’t what you get…

Though he was once a respected and well-known Dom, Niles Malloy rarely attends functions at the Den, and he has no interest in ever having another permanent relationship. He satisfies his occasional desire for kink by playing with subs who have no expectations.

Professional sub Brandy Hess has known Master Niles for years, and when he invites
Published November 8th 2013 by Totally Bound

To ask other readers questions about For The Sub, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about For The Sub

♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
The Romance Review

When a submissive who is also wife and lover dies, how does a Dominant survive?

Master Niles is an experienced Dominant who is on auto pilot. He still scenes but it's all impersonal. He functions as a Top and doesn't need the D/s anymore. Brandy Hess is a submissive at the same club as Master Niles. They have crossed paths several times but never enjoyed a scene together. The timing is never right. This time, during a private party, a spark generates between the two.

The BDSM in this story is swe
nd ♥Master's kitten♥
I got used to a certain level of writing from Sierra Cartwright, I love everything I've read by her. Totally love the Mastered Series. But this book, I just wasn't really sure about. It felt like I was reading a story that was just written because it had to be, not because it needed to be.

Brandy has been in past books, but I'm not sure she deserved this book, or maybe she didn't deserve the way this book was written. The whole book felt like filler to me.

The ending felt so rushed, Master Niles
Spynonu
Dec 18, 2014 Spynonu rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-f, bdsm, bdsm-club
Great rainy day read when you want to finish a book with a blissful sigh and a HEA smile

Shayna
~*~ 4.5 STARS ~*~ Posted @ http://shaynareneesspicyreads.com

The Mastered Series by Sierra Cartwright is one of my favorite BDSM Romance series ever! And For the Sub just confirmed that for me. Sierra's writing is amazing and her characters she brings to life are beautiful, broken, and have such a realness about them. You can't help but become emotionally attached to these characters. The story lines are always interesting and emotional and the BDSM element is never to hard, not to soft, it's jus
Lynette Ottley
Sep 11, 2016 Lynette Ottley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An excellent must be read book

Dom Niles Malloy and professional sub Brandy Hess are the two main characters in this excellent BDSM story. The kinky erotic skills when they scene are realistic and the sensuous relationship which develops is both exciting and enthralling. I want them to have a happy ending. But will they acknowledge their need for each other and make the required changes to resolve their difficulties? This book is definitely the best I have read recently.
Sandy
I enjoyed this book, but not quite as much as the others in the series. Brandy is a professional sub at the Den and has known Master Niles for a couple of years, but has never played with him. Brandy likes her life, getting her needs met with her subbing at the club, taking care of all her animals at home, building her web design business, and protecting herself after a bad relationship. Master Niles runs a video production company where he makes BDSM videos. He keeps everything professional ...more
Dar
Jun 11, 2014 Dar rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-reads, bdsm
What a sweet and loving story, with whippings!

There is something to be said about realizing what is right in front of you, and that is what happens to poor Master Niles. Wrapped up in the grief since his wife passed away, he finally sees house sub Brandy as an attractive woman.

Brandy has always noticed Master Niles, she worries about the pain in his eyes but when he finally shows some inkling towards her, she jumps at the chance.

The romance blooms outside the den, a chance meeting has them acti
Tanja
Dec 07, 2014 Tanja rated it it was amazing
After hitting "the end" in this book I kept thinking how to sum it up and to describe it all .... the only thing that came to mind is this

"Gentle brutality"

BDSM genre is pretty popular and everyone wants to write it, and there is a whole bunch to choose from, but let me tell you (as an avid reader) there is only 5-6 writers worth your spear time, and Sierra is among the crowd (disclaimer: I didn't get to other authors so don't bite my head off for this comment, I'm sure there are more out ther
Julie Kirby
Mar 04, 2014 Julie Kirby rated it it was amazing
Even though I read this after Master Damian's book, I didn't loose any of the story, although I'd known that Brandy had moved away from the Den. She changed jobs!

So we have all got to know Brandy over the whole series, and quite honestly I loved her, she was always there at the Den, but in a very inconspicuous way! she was the epitome of a sub! All the long standing members respected her, Dom's and sub's alike.

We'd only met Master Niles through a previous event held at the Den, when he came to B
Anita
Nov 15, 2013 Anita rated it really liked it
The writing is done well but in reading it, I felt as if I had been dropped in the middle of a conversation. That feeling of something must have gone on before because I couldn't get a real handle on the story. The smexy times are indeed hawt! Brandy is a lovely character. I really appreciate authors who can write stories that involve pets as somewhat secondary characters. The description of the pets really captures elements of Brandy's personality and makes her that much more three dimensional. ...more
Deborah Perry
Jul 14, 2015 Deborah Perry rated it it was amazing
I just love this series!!! Master Niles is not himself and hasn't been ever since his wife died. He plays with subs that have no expectations. Then he decides to scene with professional sub Brandy. Brandy is a fixer by nature. Since her last relationship was awful, she has stuck to the four-legged kind to focus her fixing on. As she accepts his invitation, both are taken aback by the feelings brought out by each other throughout the scene. When they meet up outside of the normal business ...more
Kym
Jan 30, 2016 Kym rated it really liked it
Shelves: bdsm
Loved it!!

Sierra has grabbed my mind one more time. Even though the story focused a lot on sex, there was still more to the story. I got to experience their connection as it grew into something neither of them started off wanting.

Brandy is like any other girl running for emotional pain. She will surrender her body to whatever her Dom wishes but keeps a safe guard on her heart.

Niles is not really running from love, he just doesn't believe he is capable of going that far again. He gives her ever
Deborah
Nov 19, 2013 Deborah rated it it was amazing
Great book and my favorite out of series so far. I loved the way these unlikely characters came together in a world wind. She was always in the background in the other books and in this book we see her come to life. He wore his grief like a fitted shirt and had vowed to never love again. They came together one lonely night and combusted into flames! This book was hot, hot, hot! Makes me want to visit the Den, everyone walks away in total bliss... Well written and in a league by itself, this book ...more
Jaycee
Jan 17, 2014 Jaycee rated it really liked it
A nice change of pace that this story was essentially confined to these principal characters, and the only drama in the story was within their own pasts and resolving that within the possibility of their future together. No other outside influences, gremlins or overtly weird past life-events to deal with. Just pretty real stuff.

Niles was a great Dom and Brandy stand-up, stand-out woman who was also a pretty good sub when it came right down to it.

...and it came right down to it in some very good
Jamie
Oct 19, 2013 Jamie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
I loved this book. Again, Sierra Cartwright has accomplished a brilliant read. I was able to feel the characters and emerse myself. And it's always great to have such a great picture described for you. This book did not disappoint, as of all this authors writing. Right from the beginning of the story you can feel how connected the two characters were. And having already 'met' Brandy in previous books, it was an easy transition. A heartwarming and totally sexy read.
Lu
Nov 19, 2013 Lu rated it really liked it
This is probably the most romantic of the Mastered series and for me, the most satisfying. The heroine, Brandy is featured in all of the books of this series. She is a professional sub working at the exclusive Den. She knows her stuff and how to go about pleasing her Dom. But she is also strong lead and knows how to get what she wants and needs. The Dom is broken but unable to resist her charms. There is really no major conflict just a beautiful character driven love story.
Pam
May 20, 2016 Pam rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is the fifth book in the Mastered series and, like the previous books, it is remarkable in its description of the BDSM lifestyle. I have gone on and on in my previous reviews of the books in this series so I won't bore you with another lengthy review. Please see my previous reviews of the other books in this series. I think this is one of the best BDSM romance series that I have read, particularly if you are new to the genre or lifestyle. Another great book by Sierra Cartwright!
Dina
Jul 22, 2015 Dina rated it it was amazing
Another great book by Sierra Cartwright in the Mastered Series. I absolutely loved this one! I loved the characters they were perfect together. The story was hot, sexy, steamy, loving and some good D/s scenes. I fell in love with Master Niles he was a wonderful Dom and was so good to Brandy. I must read!
Jackie
Nov 10, 2013 Jackie rated it liked it
I finished this book this weekend and while it was an enjoyable read, it just seemed kind of "soft" for this author. Brandy and Master Niles just kind of fell together and everything just kind of worked out for them in the end. Don't get me wrong I really enjoyed it. It was funny. It was hot. It was fluff though and not what I was expecting from Sierra Cartwtight. A short easy read.
ej sesso
Apr 27, 2014 ej sesso rated it really liked it
I have loved this series. While I still liked the story, I did not enjoy Brandy's story as much. I think because she was already a known sub from the Den for the series -- that is my only explanation.
Sharlene
Jul 03, 2014 Sharlene rated it it was amazing
For The Sub (Mastered Book 5) (Kindle Edition)

Brandy and Master Niles have both had broken hearts, Brandy see Master Niles brooding on his own and offers to scene with him. A great love story and well worth the read!
Feliz
Dec 25, 2013 Feliz rated it really liked it
Loved it like the others. Sure the stories are similar but they are still good. Even had a LOL moment with Brandy and Aunt Mame:). Can't wait for Damian and Catrina. The excerpt was such a tease......
Kelly
Aug 18, 2015 Kelly rated it it was amazing
This book is wonderful! Brandy is so sweet and her home is full of funny pets who keep you laughing. Niles is a heartbroken man who sees light and life for the first time in years when he scenes with Brandy. This is my favorite of the series. It's funny, loving, and sexy as hell.
Carole-Ann
Feb 11, 2015 Carole-Ann rated it really liked it
If you've followed the series then know this is Brandy's story. Enigmatic Master Niles gets hooked by Brandy's sweetness. And that's what this is: a sweet, cheerful story about second chances.
Kimberly
Feb 08, 2014 Kimberly rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorite-series, 2014
Another amazing story.. Loved this couple and how Master Niles handled her for legged friends... What a true dom...
iliana G
Jun 11, 2014 iliana G rated it it was amazing
so so so so loved it!!!!

what can i say a well written BDSM series does it for me.
i love a good strong alhpa Dominant male and a sweet yet strong submissive.

An amazing book by Sierra
Ŧ ♥️Charlene
Nov 08, 2013 Ŧ ♥️Charlene rated it it was amazing
Great story. I liked that Brandy was submissive, but still had lots of sass without being bratty. Can't wait for Damien's book.
Maggie2u
Dec 09, 2015 Maggie2u rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Super hot book

Sierra Cartwright has done it again. The chemistry between Master Niles and Brandy is undeniably hot. Couldn't put it down!
Romance Uninhibited
Jan 03, 2014 Romance Uninhibited rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bdsm
This one is super Hot. Master Niles Story.I really enjoyed this Mastered series. I love that Damien story is next. Can't wait to read it.
Betty Perez
Jan 17, 2014 Betty Perez rated it it was amazing
Loved this book and all of her books in the "Mastered" series. If you like the D/s type of books, then this is a series for you. You will be hooked!!!!
  • Kaylee's Keeper (Masters of the Castle, #2)
  • His Canvas (Suncoast Society, #10)
  • Cherished (Masters and Mercenaries, #7.5)
  • Velvet Valentines (Club Velvet Ice #2)
  • Edge of the Enforcer (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #4)
  • Savage Rhythm (Club Volare, #6)
  • Reclaimed Surrender (Trust In Me Book 1)
  • Friday Afternoon
  • Levi's Ultimatum (Purgatory Masters, #2)
  • Tamed by the Dom (Guilty Pleasures #3)
Sierra is a USA Today, International Best-Selling author who wrote her first book at age nine and hasn't stopped since.
Sierra invites you to share the complex journey of love and desire, of surrender and commitment.
Her own journey has taught her that trusting takes guts and courage, and her work is a celebration for everyone who is willing to take that risk.
More about Sierra Cartwright...

Mastered (6 books)
  • With This Collar (Mastered, #1)
  • On His Terms (Mastered, #2)
  • Over The Line (Mastered, #3)
  • In His Cuffs (Mastered, #4)
  • In The Den (Mastered, #6)