Start by marking “Unbound Brothers” as Want to Read:
Unbound Brothers

Unbound Brothers

Starship pilot Alan Abrams crippled his younger brother Jimmy in a childhood scuffle, and spent his entire life trying to make up for it. But when humanity turns away from the stars, his career evaporates and he can no longer afford his brother's care.

Then Alan gets a mysterious offer to join an interstellar expedition searching for a long-lost starship. The paycheck will
Published June 23rd 2013

To ask other readers questions about Unbound Brothers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unbound Brothers

Edward Wolfe
Aug 09, 2014 Edward Wolfe rated it really liked it
I read Silver by Rob Rowntree and I thought it was great. Rowntree's voice comes thru like a real pro and you feel like you're reading someone who really knows his craft. So I went back for more and got Unbound Brothers.

I was expecting to hear that same smooth voice, and I did, but not all the time. The really odd thing about reading this book was that much of the time you know that you're reading the work of a brilliant writer; someone who carves out a story and gives it incredible depth. Cert
Abby Vandiver
Aug 13, 2013 Abby Vandiver rated it really liked it
Space exploration. Alien encounters. To go where no man has gone before intrigues even the most grounded of us. Unbound Brothers delves head first into "us" finally meeting "them."

I am not a fan of hardcore sci-fi. For me it is hard to understand or visualize. Because of this I found Unbound Brothers had a lot of "sci-fi" terms that were foreign to me. However, Mr. Rowntree has an amazing grasp of descriptive writing, filling the pages with pictures through his words. Through his writing, the re
Adam Pearson
Sep 07, 2013 Adam Pearson rated it liked it
Picked up because of a Sword and Laser post I gave this book a chance and was intrigued by many of the concepts of technology and how space travel was explained. Parts of this story reminded me of a Lovecraft-like suspense and horror that was more about what you didn't see rather than what you and the characters did see. All in all, I enjoyed the story and was left wanting more from things that went unresolved.
Richard Jones
Jul 30, 2013 Richard Jones rated it it was amazing
Great read. This is fantastic space opera with a cyber-enhanced viewpoint. fantastic characters, interesting dilemma and intriguing antagonists.
Dalton Wolf
May 18, 2014 Dalton Wolf rated it it was amazing
Intriguing story with some original Science and Tech angles.

Space exploration’s worst fears realized. This book is a mix of space exploration and mild, thought-provoking horror.
I found this book on Goodreads while reading forums and doing some feedback and thought I’d give it a shot. I’m glad I did. I’ve spent a week trying to write a review that adequately defines this wonderful new book I just read. I am failing miserably. I won’t describe the storyline or anything here, because others can do
Ricky R. Thomas
Ricky R. Thomas rated it it was amazing
Feb 17, 2015
Emma Bannister
Emma Bannister rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2013
Theodore
Theodore rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2015
Marie Pierce
Marie Pierce rated it liked it
Apr 14, 2014
Chester D. Geller
Chester D. Geller rated it liked it
Oct 03, 2014
Debbie
Debbie rated it liked it
Apr 24, 2014
John Watson
John Watson rated it really liked it
Dec 01, 2014
Rainer
Rainer rated it liked it
Jan 10, 2015
Oren
Oren rated it it was ok
Aug 01, 2015
Troy Jeffries
Troy Jeffries rated it liked it
Mar 18, 2016
Bill Herder
Bill Herder rated it it was ok
Jan 19, 2015
Sara Betgeorge
Sara Betgeorge marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2013
Ariel Horn
Ariel Horn marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2013
Jodi Woody
Jodi Woody marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2013
Rob Rowntree
May 03, 2015 Rob Rowntree added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Randy Harmelink
Randy Harmelink marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2014
Vicki Wilson
Vicki Wilson marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2014
Sandy Jay
Sandy Jay marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2014
Peter Polomori
Peter Polomori marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
Danna
Danna marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Stephanie Kotkin
Stephanie Kotkin marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2014
Cyndi
Cyndi marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2014
Luccia Gray
Luccia Gray marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2014
Carol Edholm
Carol Edholm marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
Millie
Millie marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
Mike
Mike marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Horia Rauta
Horia Rauta marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Katlyn
Katlyn marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
kiraniumbra
kiraniumbra marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Jerry Tall
Jerry Tall marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
William Smith
William Smith marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Angel
Angel marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2014
Sheen Sanz
Sheen Sanz marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
Iva
Iva marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Briggy
Briggy marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Lori
Lori marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Dred Naught
Dred Naught marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2015
Science Fiction A...: Unbound Brothers - Kindle Countdown 1 3 Jun 12, 2015 08:31AM
The Sword and Laser: Unbound Brothers - Countdown deal 1 20 Jun 12, 2015 08:21AM
Goodreads Authors...: Unbound Brothers - Kindle Countdown 1 3 Jun 12, 2015 08:17AM
Kindle Deals: Kindle Countdown 1 4 Jun 12, 2015 08:12AM
Goodreads Authors...: My SF novel is on Kindle Countdown 1 8 Mar 05, 2015 08:49AM
Kindle Deals: Great SF on Countdown 1 2 Mar 05, 2015 08:43AM
The Sword and Laser: Huge savings on Kindle Countdown 1 41 Mar 05, 2015 08:30AM
Rob Rowntree lives in the heart of Robin Hood country with his wife and two sons. he loves writing and reading genre fiction and has had several well received short stories published. he has just published his first novel, Unbound Brothers.
More about Rob Rowntree...