Start by marking “If at First (Crimson Cove, #1)” as Want to Read:
If at First (Crimson Cove, #1)

If at First (Crimson Cove #1)

Sun, Sand, and Sexy Boys.

These are the three things needed to make a stellar summer.

Unless of course you live in Crimson Cove, where you also have to account for dead bodies and missing persons.

When a summer party turns into a crime scene five unlikely girls band together to discover the truth behind what happened august 4th.

A date no one is likely to forget for a long
Published June 1st 2015 (first published May 30th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about If at First, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about If at First

Jun 04, 2015 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
I will start by saying I love Tara Brown's writing style, ideas and imagination! she is truly one of my favorite writers! I've read almost every thing she's written and I'm so looking forward to this new series!!! For anyone who loves Pretty Little Liars you will love this new series!! I'm highly addicted to PPL with all the drama and secrets and this book has filled that same spot for me!! my heart is singing!! I would have been finished with the book sooner but well I have a life including ...more
M Taiseer
Nov 06, 2015 M Taiseer rated it liked it
If at first.
Crimson cove mysteries, first book.

3 stars (though the beginning was a 2 and at some points 3.5)

I've never watched pretty little liars before (because most T.V shows now days are boring) and I was told this book would gain the love of those who liked the show and I told myself "hey, if I liked this book, I'll watch that damn show specially since it ended recently."

What to say, I loved this book to the point of taking it with me to college (I even lost it yesterday and freaked out.
Nathania Ma
This is a perplexing book, mainly because the story is not completed. I think the author attempts at writing five books of the same story from the perspective of five girls who are involved. While I find the idea cool, I believe the author has not executed it well. Here's why:

1) Poor balance between romance and mystery. To begin, I think the mystery elements are overwhelmed by the romantic aspect which is NOT GOOD. I think 40-60 split either way is good and 50-50 would be perfect but this book i
Cheree Castellanos PA
Jun 04, 2015 Cheree Castellanos PA rated it it was amazing
Just wow....I am an obsessed Tara Brown fan ;) and read anything she puts out into the world for me to read, but let me be honest, I was not looking forward to this book. I think I was the only person in the TB universe. But this is sooo not my genre (I thought) and I can't stand PLL, although the new previews scare the hell out of me....but true to TB form, I freaking loved this book and was sucked in and mind blown. I lay in bed at night thinking about it, and even dreamed about it the night I ...more
Jen Jen
Jun 18, 2016 Jen Jen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I LOVE IT! Yes, the first few chapters were okay, just so-so. Too many names introduced at once but I was able to get to know them better as the story progressed. They really are rich girls/bitches. Honestly, I was a bit put off by their use of drugs, teenage sex and dating while they were still in elementary(Seriously?!). But as the story goes, I could not stop reading. I could hardly put it down. It was intense, gripping; like I was a character in the story. The story was well-written, very ...more
Julie Hicks
Oct 13, 2015 Julie Hicks rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thriller and Suspenseful

I loved this book. It reminds me of the nineties teenager horror movies I grew up on. We follow Lindsey and her privileged young friends whose parents were the starters of Crimson Cove Properties. Lindsey is trying to figure out who she is as a person, questioning her sexuality, and dealing with another stepmother. Lindsey has a love for snooping which we see comes in handy but hurts those,she cares for the most eventually. Soon murders strike Crimson Cove and Lindsey and
Lynn  2 Girls & A Book
Dec 25, 2015 Lynn 2 Girls & A Book rated it it was amazing
This book was a thrilling mystery from beginning to end. Whether it was snooping in people’s houses with Lindsay, discovering a dead body at a party, or hiding out from a killer. If At First, Book 1 in the Crimson Cove Msyteries, is a thrill ride. This “who done it” will leave you in suspense. I had to remind myself to breath with the turning of each page. I cannot wait to see what happens in Book 2.
If you are looking for a suspenseful page turner, look no further than the Crimson Cove Mysteries
Sharon Obelenus Holland
Exciting "who done it" thriller

This is for anyone who loves a good mystery. Just when you think you know who the killer is, things change and it points to someone else.

Crimson Cove holds many secrets. But its biggest one?? There is a murderer lurking. And the murderer has access to the people he or she is terrorizing. When a group of friends find one of their group dead, they panic and leave. Now they can't even talk to authorities. It's up to them to find the killer before he/she strikes again
Ashley Nicole Poteet
Wow!

Wow, what a mysterious, scary upscale story! I loved every minute of it! I'm usually a reader of the paranormal, but Tara Is one of my favorites so I had to give this story a shot and it so lived up to my expectations! It has everything and more of what a fantastic story should have! It grips you from the very beginning and has guessing the whole way! I also enjoyed the romance that has kindled between My two favorite characters! I hope it works out!
Melanie
Jan 31, 2016 Melanie rated it it was ok
Recently I've been loving Tara's books. This one just felt like it as trying to be something it wasn't. I really did try and persevere with it but it just got more and more hard work the longer I read. I can't say I really liked any of rage characters as such, Lindsey did my head in totally. This was a dnf at 39% I just couldn't do more.
Lee Martinez
Jan 03, 2016 Lee Martinez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just enough suspense....

Most of the time I just read romance or erotica books. I was browsing through the kindleunlimited books and this cover caught my eye. Suspense usually makes me very nervous and I don't like the feeling but I could handle this book. It is funny, suspenseful and a little romantic. It maybe a book more suited for my teenage daughter but I liked it.
Sabrina Brimmer
Perfection

The storyline is amazing, well written, and easy to follow. It's very similar to pretty little liars, however, I didn't much care for that series. This is so much better. The characters are interesting, multi-dimensional, with secrets and behaviors that make you really see them as actual people. I can't wait to read the next book!
Gloria
Sep 27, 2015 Gloria rated it it was amazing
Let me start off by saying this is the 1st book of this authors I've read but she has me convinced. This book was off the charts good. I was trying hard not to be a baby and get scared but a few times I did but oh was it worth it. Fantastic Read, she is definitely an author to keep an eye on...
Tina Creek
Mar 07, 2016 Tina Creek rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy cow!!!

The book started off slow but once the sh!t hit the fan, I couldn't put the book down. It's been awhile since I've read something that makes me feel anxious; heart pounding, butterflies in the stomach.
Tammy
Jun 05, 2015 Tammy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesomeness!!!!

Five stars for sure. This is going to be an awesome series. I am counting the days until the next book. This book is constant excitement. I read it in two sittings. Love Tara Brown!!!!
Lorraine Barton
May 18, 2016 Lorraine Barton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i was excited to read this! however my job and life kept me away....so it took awhile to finish....stress. anyhow the book was good. i must buy the next. i hope it keeps me enthralled! love a mystery!
April Preston
Jun 25, 2015 April Preston rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!

Great read!!! I was completely entertained the entire time. It was intriguing, fascinating, suspenseful, heart wrenching & full of surprises. I can't wait for the next book. Bravo Mrs. Brown, another job well done & yet another reason you are one of my favorite authors.
L.L. Hunter
Oct 09, 2015 L.L. Hunter rated it it was amazing
What can I say about this? This book totally blew my expectations out of the water. It has suspense and humour and just when you think you know who the killer is, Watson twists it up and shocks you. I can't wait to start the next one. If you like Pretty Little Liars you'll love this series!
Cindy Fong
Jun 10, 2015 Cindy Fong rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read...but need book 2 NOW!!!!

Where to begin, great characters, a murder mystery, twists and turns, and a cliffhanger. But the again , it is a Tara Brown novel. At a minimum, I need book 2 NOW.please..
Amy Elizabeth
Solid start to a mystery series

I'm strongly reminded of Pretty Little Liars, only these Liars aren't so squeaky clean. I really enjoyed the protagonist, Lindsey whose weakness for snooping makes her knowledge of all the other characters secrets much more believable.
Pam Granoff
Feb 09, 2016 Pam Granoff rated it it was amazing
Couldn't put it down, this book will suck you in and you will need to read the rest of the series, can't wait till the final book comes out!
Sophia
Jun 28, 2015 Sophia rated it it was amazing
Ohmygosh! This book scared the hell out of me but I loved it so freaking much!! I've loved every book Tara Brown has written and this was just wow! I'm speechless!!
Jessica
Jun 24, 2015 Jessica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book

I like all Tara Brown's books but this one I thought was great. Can't wait for book 2 to come out.
Lori
Jun 25, 2015 Lori rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amazing!!

I absolutely loved every minute of it! Excellently written and I can't wait for the next one!!!! Way to go Ms. Brown!
Leigh Swanson
Jun 10, 2015 Leigh Swanson rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book :) I found the beginning hard to get into but I'm glad I persevered, looking forward to the story unravelling more in the next few books :)
Vodkamelie
Feb 02, 2016 Vodkamelie rated it it was amazing
Holy crap!!! H.O.L.Y crap!!! This was tense, stressful and everything between a modern Agatha Christie and Scream!
Major cliffie and I neeeeed book #2 like yesterday! !
I absolutely loved it!
Pamela Heckel
Nov 26, 2015 Pamela Heckel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It grows on you

At first I thought it was going to be a teen sex novel. Uck. Then Rachel died. Someone lied. I was hooked.
Shelia
Sep 07, 2016 Shelia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This story moved a bit slow for me. It has potential to truly keep a reader guessing, but there was too much detail on the forefront for me to remain entertained.
Angie
Jun 02, 2015 Angie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW

Fast paced, grabs you and sucks you in right from the start!!! I want book 2 now!!! AWESOME new series, can't wait for the next book!!'
Gail Snellen
Gail Snellen rated it it was amazing
Nov 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Unspoken
  • Complicated By You (Coventon Campus, #1)
  • Never Say Goodbye (Always, #1)
  • Cease and Desist (The IMA, #4)
  • Immortal Beloved (The Knight Trilogy, #2)
  • Sink or Swim (Fight or Flight, #1.5)
  • Chasing Stars (Crossing Stars, #1)
  • Embracing the Flames (Born in Flames Trilogy, #2)
  • Thrown (Promise Cove, #1)
  • An Easy Dare (Crescent City, #1)
  • Burning Attraction (Cassie, #1)
  • When You Loved Me
  • Lost in Love
  • Get Inked: Indie Inked Contemporary Romance Sampler
  • Witch Rising (Witch Song #2.5)
  • Hope (Choices, #3)
  • Out From Under (The Lovers Duet, #1)
  • Not at First (Not at First, #1)
I am the mother of two beautiful girls who are growing up so fast, the wife of a cute guy in a uniform (my own personal hero), and a writer.
My family will tell you it doesn't exactly fall into that order. Especially around dinner time when I "Cook" from a takeout menu with my face plastered to my computer.
I also have two cats who I adore more than I should, like more than people I know, and a dog.
More about Tara Brown...

Crimson Cove (5 books)
  • Second Nature (Crimson Cove, #2)
  • Third Time's a Charm (Crimson Cove, #3)
  • Four Crimson Corners (Crimson Cove, #4)
  • Hang Five (Crimson Cove, #5)

“It had been a perfect retort until a little evil slipped from my lips, as it always did, “I mean super sexy for the younger generations, obviously. So the ladies in your group wouldn't know that—being why you weren’t aware of it.” I grinned wide, loving it when her jaw dropped. I had no self-control. The Doritos under my bed were proof of that.” 0 likes