Start by marking “El Fantasma del Subterraneo” as Want to Read:
El Fantasma del Subterraneo

El Fantasma del Subterraneo (Geronimo Stilton #13)

3.99  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,646 Ratings  ·  53 Reviews
Quins misteris amaga el gat gegant que es passeja per les fosques galeries subterrànies, espantant tots els rosegadors de la ciutat? Brrr, potser és un fantasma...
Paperback
Published by Destino Ediciones

Jubilation Lee
In further adventures of Monica Investigates Popular Children’s Book Series That She Should Have Read Years Ago, I picked up a random Geronimo Stilton book. These are hyper-beloved by my younger patrons (who apparently are fans of Adventures/Mysteries/Quests with Mice!), and if the 68461387368476354 books in the series are anything to go by, the author is making bank.

But there’s not… not much to say about this, actually, and I’m mostly tossing it up here on Goodreads so that Future Me can look i
Melanie
Jan 02, 2016 Melanie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series, towers, coyer
This is the first Geronimo Stilton book I've read and it was a cute Children's book! I liked the mouse detective. :)
Garrett Zecker
Phantom of the Subway is the first of the Geronimo Stilton books that I picked up after my son chose it at the library. I was a little skeptical of the book as readers are first barraged with the gimmicky font play, but after entering the world of Geronimo Stilton, I was surprised.

The book, and presumably the series, is a set of adventures that the reporter, publisher, and amateur sleuth mouse Geronimo Stilton goes on to get the scoop for his paper. The book is chock full of things that are obse
Donald
Sep 22, 2015 Donald rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not to be as silly as this book, but overall, I thought the story was pretty cheesy!
Lots of pun names with the words "mouse" and/or "rat" and lots and lots of cheese references! The story was long, but my 7 year old daughter loved it! And I really liked the style and fonts in the print - very engaging for young readers! I think my girl has become a fan, so I guess I will be too! Rats.
blmagm
Jan 20, 2015 blmagm rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Granted I'm not seven years old, so maybe some of the humor is lost on me... I just think that there could have been all the cute cat puns that Geronimo Stilton is famous for without all the "cat pee-pee and doo-doo" references. Not my favorite in the series...
Carter
Apr 14, 2014 Carter rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There was a ghost cat in the subway tunnels of New Mouse City. All the mice in New Mouse City are scared of riding the subway so I Geronimo Stilton has to find a way to get the ghost out! See if I get the ghost out by reading this book.
Karissa Chong
Jan 20, 2013 Karissa Chong rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I find this particular book out of all the series the most thrilling and fascinating one. One fine day, his sister, Thea, told him about a ghost haunting a train station. Being a publisher of the Rodent Gazette, he went there to check it out, planning to publish it on to the newspaper as the headlines! And indeed, he went there to check it out. Many horrifying experiences happened to him but did he manage to find the ghost? To find out what happened during his "adventure" there, quickly get the ...more
Shaila
My elementary students love Geronimo Stilton. I found that this particular novel was a little bit difficult to follow. The story line moved from one scene to the next, and not always tying them together.
Reagan
Nov 12, 2014 Reagan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One morning, when Geronimo Stilton was going on the subway he and all the other passengers heard a ear piercing MEOOOW!
All the passengers hurried out through the exit! "We have to find out where that cat is." They said.

Who was making that sound? Was it a real cat, or was it a trick? Read the book to find out.!
Ava Clarke
Dec 19, 2015 Ava Clarke rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was a funny book because they were in a stinky place in the place were in the train tracks .
Arundhati
i think the story would be interesting . i love geronimo books.
YASH KATARE
Jul 25, 2015 YASH KATARE rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
Romia Kellogg
Mar 16, 2014 Romia Kellogg rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really good ook geronimo
Ana
It was a really good book
Twyla
Nov 30, 2013 Twyla rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
my favorite part was when the mystery was solved .the worst part was when there was a mystery to be solved. the best character was Geronimo. the worst character was sally. this book is mostly about everyone thinking that there was a phantom cat in the subway but Geronimo Thea pinky and trap figured out that it was just something professer von volt made to keep sally away from his experiments so she wouldn't take them to use them for bad things like taking over the world Auryn 10 years old
Kate Brundage
These books are good, but the only reason I get them from the library is because they're nice, short reads. I finished this one in 10 minutes, with a few interruptions. Started: 8:55 a.m. Finished: 9:05 a.m.

Still, these books are really good. The only thing that annoys me about these books, though, is that on every page, the author will use different fonts and colors for certain words. But who am I to complain?
Nancy
Summertime and time to read my young students' fav reads and writers. The has fun text for a chapter book. The characters are varied, Geronimo being the major mouse with fears and anxieties any child can relate to. He is surrounded by different mice characters of interesting jobs and personalities. By the rate these books are torn off the shelf it is an easy read, fun and predictable to students.
Aug 03, 2011 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Holly
Geronimo Stilton seems to be on the timid-mouse side but ends up in the midst of adventure in order to get the scoop on the GIANT PHANTOM CAT haunting the subways. His sister, a teasing cousin, and a another mouse friend join him in solving the mystery.

My boys loved listening to the story. The illustrations and print were fun. Another bedtime reading success. I'm certain we'll read more in the series.
Iris
Sep 06, 2015 Iris rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
was ok
Anamarie
Jan 17, 2011 Anamarie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a good book in my opinion, because the mouse was like a detective throughout the book, it was very exciting to see what was going to happen next. When Stilton had to beat Sally to the news it was a total breakout! Plus, at the end, the professor Von Volt scared Stilton, that was funny!
Misty
Nov 13, 2010 Misty rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-for-boys
These books are very fun. You will get sick of mouse and rat puns but it's worth it. They add bits of history and geography into a not-too-scary adventure plot. Another bonus: it's teaching my six year old to read cursive writing (the series uses lots of different typefaces).
Patricia
May 30, 2015 Patricia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: re-reading, own
Buenísimos libros para los más pequeños, fáciles y divertidos. Además las ediciones les dan a estos libros un toque mas que divertido, letras de todos los tamaños y colores, acertijos, ilustraciones... Geniales !!
Mary
Oct 18, 2015 Mary rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-books
I love how the author uses other "adult" literature in the telling of the story. There is a cat in the subway and there is a competition between Stilton and his newspaper competitor to find the truth.
H Nut
Apr 28, 2013 H Nut rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved how funny Trap was.

I didn't like when they went through the sewer.

I really like the pictures and how the words look like what they are.
Azure
Mar 20, 2008 Azure rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Katharine
This is also quite spooky, but still nice. This has lots of people in it... I highly recommend it to fast readers that like spooky stories!
Marcus
I feel that Professor Von Volt was quite naughty making up that phantom of the subway and pretty good book, thanks.
Boo Horse

I like the history in these books. I also like how there are different authors
And the writing is fun to read
Bookaholiclover
This was the first Geronimo Stilton book I ever got. It was for me the best actually I really liked it.
  • Thea Stilton and the Dragon's Code (Thea Stilton #1)
  • Thea Stilton and the Mystery on the Orient Express
  • Ricky Ricotta's Mighty Robot vs. the Mutant Mosquitoes from Mercury (Ricky Ricotta, #2)
  • Mrs. Cooney Is Loony! (My Weird School, #7)
  • The Zombie Zone (A to Z Mysteries, #26)
  • Journey to the Volcano Palace (The Secrets of Droon, #2)
  • Trouble at the Arcade (The Hardy Boys: Secret Files, #1)
A pseudonym of Elisabetta Dami, aka Thea Stilton.

Elisabetta Dami is an Italian author that currently resides in Italy. She is the author of the Geronimo Stilton series, a bestselling childrens book. She enjoys traveling the world seeking ideas for her series. She writes under a pseudonym of Geronimo Stilton. She is also a co-owner of Italian based publishing company Edizioni Piemme. Her books hav
More about Geronimo Stilton...

Geronimo Stilton (1 - 10 of 63 books)
  • Lost Treasure of the Emerald Eye (Geronimo Stilton, #1)
  • The Curse of the Cheese Pyramid (Geronimo Stilton, #2)
  • Cat and Mouse in a Haunted House (Geronimo Stilton, #3)
  • I'm Too Fond of My Fur! (Geronimo Stilton, #4)
  • Four Mice Deep in the Jungle (Geronimo Stilton, #5)
  • Paws Off, Cheddarface! (Geronimo Stilton, #6)
  • Red Pizzas for a Blue Count (Geronimo Stilton, #7)
  • Attack of the Bandit Cats (Geronimo Stilton, #8)
  • A Fabumouse Vacation for Geronimo (Geronimo Stilton, #9)
  • All Because of a Cup of Coffee (Geronimo Stilton, #10)