Start by marking “Four: A Divergent Story Collection (Divergent, #0.1 - 0.4)” as Want to Read:
Four: A Divergent Story Collection (Divergent, #0.1 - 0.4)

Four: A Divergent Story Collection (Divergent 0.1 - 0.4)

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  39,348 ratings  ·  4,311 reviews
Two years before Beatrice Prior made her choice, the sixteen-year-old son of Abnegation’s faction leader did the same. Tobias’s transfer to Dauntless is a chance to begin again. Here, he will not be called the name his parents gave him. Here, he will not let fear turn him into a cowering child.

Newly christened “Four,” he discovers during initiation that he will succeed in
Published July 8th 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published July 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Four, please sign up.

Hayden Casey The state of this book being "good" depends on your personal tastes. It is very similar to DIVERGENT in both writing style and plot development. To me…moreThe state of this book being "good" depends on your personal tastes. It is very similar to DIVERGENT in both writing style and plot development. To me personally, the stories felt a bit unnecessary because of how similar they were to Tris's initiation and such, but if you're a hardcore fan of the series and you love Four, it's a fun read.(less)
Luana Sirbu Blogger no they do not, but if you want to read this one read divergent you will understand more....this one is from four point of view and a little more…moreno they do not, but if you want to read this one read divergent you will understand more....this one is from four point of view and a little more about his life.(less)
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe Blood of Olympus by Rick RiordanThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerDreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
Can't Wait Books of 2014
52nd out of 2,596 books — 15,755 voters
The One by Kiera CassIgnite Me by Tahereh MafiA Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia GrayCress by Marissa MeyerCity of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare
Best Covers of 2014
29th out of 947 books — 2,247 voters

More lists with this book...

Kelly (and the Book Boar)

Because no. Just no.

FOR GOD'S SAKE WHEN A SERIES IS DONE JUST LET IT BE F-ING DONE!!!!!!!

No more novellas. No more telling the story from a different character's perspective. No more "where are they now" (or "where were they before"). NO MORE!

EDIT: I'm a mom to a teen (as of today - waaaaaaaah). Whining on my review of how I'm a "big meanie" or how I "just don't get it" is something I hear on the regular, so save your breath. This is MY review and MY opinion - if you're a Roth superfan go post
Natalie (Never trust a duck)
The fact that this is a thing makes me so happy. And yes, this is Theo James.

Raeleen Lemay
I REALLY ENJOYED THIS.

It was really fun to get into Four's head 2 years before he even meets Tris, because you get to see a different side of him. You get to see the scared boy from Abnegation struggling to break free from his faction and abusive father, and you see him grow into the man he is by the time Divergent begins. There was plenty of foreshadowing to the other books in the trilogy as well, which I loved. It was also nice but somewhat sad to see some of the characters that maybe didn't m
Diana
Apr 02, 2014 Diana marked it as to-read
I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY!

description

This is going to be my face until the book is released:

Jul 09, 2014 Sarah marked it as ordered
karen
hahaha kelly's review for this cracks me up.

and i totally agree with the fact that sometimes when something is over, you just have to let it be over. make a clean break. but i am, in many ways, a completist. i have seen all the movies in the saw franchise, i keep getting wicked excited every time i see there is a new newsflesh short story available, just when i thought i would never get to revisit that world, and i will read any and all retellings of wuthering heights, no matter how dreadful.

so
  Roshni
Aug 25, 2014 Roshni rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Die Hard Divergent fans
And i fell in love with Four all over again

Reading Four made me feel this weird feeling, That feeling you get when you watch your old photos or videos like. I was not prepared for this.

There is nothing new.... Its more like behind the scenes. We get know that what Four was up to all along. like. how he discovered about the attack on abnegation. It was good that it was not divergent all over again.

We get to see his friendships with Zeak, Shauna and others. and his Hateship with Eric too.

Four is o
Kylie カイリー Yay Apocalypse
Nov 23, 2014 Kylie カイリー Yay Apocalypse marked it as to-read
Recommends it for: Fans of the Divergent book series (not the movie) and fans of Tobias
Wait. We can have ALL FOUR short stories in Tobia's POV. ALL IN ONE???!!! I think I'm going to die. No wait... Buy the book, read it, love it then die.
That ferris wheel.
7/11/14
Well. I bought the book. I'm gonna die soon.
Alexa
I just love Four so much, seriously, my love for him is ENDLESS. I soaked this goodness right up and I couldn't help this surge of devastation and sadness as I closed the book one final time. It made me want to jump up and re-read Divergent immediately (Divergent only, reading the other two would be much too painful), and it made me realize how much I love Tris and Four's relationship as well. Aaaannd then of course there's Veronica Roth's beautiful writing.

Just, so much love.
___
mmmm that cover
m
Bookables
It should come as no suprise that I rated this book as a 5. I have always dubbed Four as my fictional husband will always continue to do so.

I loved this entire book and devoured it within hours. I loved learning about Four's past and how he came to be Dauntless and even meeting Tris.

There's not much else to say really. I don't want to spoil the Divergent trilogy for anyone who hasn't read it. I will say you have to read it though! It's one of my favorite series, ever!!

All I gotta say is- MORE F
Laz
I can't help sobbing right now because I just realized that I've read about everything Divergent as of now. I can always re-read the books and novellas but I'm not ever going to read about Tris or Tobias in new adventures. I've loved this characters for so long. I've cherished them for so long. They both hold a place in my heart. It's been a year since I read Allegiant and I'm still sad and stunned about it. With these novellas a chapter just closed, I think.

Tobias is one of the most incredible
carolina
" Maybe she and I are the same."

VERONICA YOU'VE JUST OPENED A WOUND.

This books wrecks every little part of me.
I had forgotten how much i loved Tobias Eaton.It's amazing to get to seeDivergent through Tobias' point of view.His fear landescape, his initiation as a Dauntless...
And the way he thought about Tris as "her" like there was no other.
"For some reason, my first thought is her, her wide eyes staring at me from the recesses of my memory."

"In that moment I’m able to accept the inevitability o
Stepheny
Yes, I know.

I know what you’re thinking: 3 stars? Really, Stepheny? You? The psychotic Divergent fangirl that turns into a squealing 13 year old every time Four’s name is even mentioned? You’re only giving this 3 stars?

*sigh*

I had to show some extreme self-control in this rating. Part of me wants to give it 5 stars just because. The logical side of me that is trying to look at things objectively says otherwise.

Here are the facts: this book gives us little to no new information. The little bit
Srikari Downey Jr.
My first reaction to the book.....

While I was reading.....

After reading.....

Yup that sums it up.
Patrick Salazar
I really wish I didn't read this book in less than 24 hours. I can't believe the series is really over. So sad its over. Reading about Four's point of view in situations and his life brought so many feels and his first encounter with Tris... OMG THE FEELS. Amazing book.
Cait Grace
This was just perfection. I couldn't be any more happy with this little skydive back into the Divergent world. I HAVE MISSED IT. I love Veronica Roth's books so, so much and Four was awesome.

I mean just look at him. Isn't he so approachable?!
Yes yes, of course.

There's a collection of four (duh) short stories and the whole book comes to around 200-pages. SO not enough, if you want my opinion. I'm almost disappointed at how short some where. But anyway, let's break this down, shall we?

Story #1:
Joel
Finished this agesssss ago, but I remember not being too impressed with this, some of the stories were a bit boring, they did get better as they went along though.
DJ
What's better than rereading your favorite story for the thousandth time? Reading it from your favorite character's perspective. If you adore Four, read this now! Do not hesitate. You won't regret it. At least I don't. *sigh*

Four. Tobias. Just...why do I adore him so much? Because he truly is little bit of everything. Selfless, brave, smart, true and caring. If you didn't get it before, you'll completely understand it now.

Four: The Transfer - While I did read this before, I reread it. The story
Lauren
AAAHHH IM SO EXCITED IM SO EXCITED WHY CANT IT COME SOONER??

Tobias, my love, my fictional husband, come to me. :) <4
Tessa
You know what I don't like? When authors release extra books with no real new information to the main story just to get some extra cash. That's low.

The Transfer - I wasn't that impressed when I first read this, but now I'm even less impressed after re-reading it. It was boring, even more the second time. So many words for so little happening :( . His dad beat him, he left Abnegation, he got the name Four. Know that! Next please!

The Initiate - This also bored me to tears. The only interesting pa
NO JUST NO

CAN YOU PLEASE JUST LEAVE IT ALONE??

After what Roth did with Allegiant, I do not want to read any more crap that she puts out. I have a feeling that this book is just going to make everything WORSE.

I wish Allegiant and Insurgent had never happened. I was completely happy with Divergent and it should have been left ALONE. AG.

Tris and Tobias had the exact same voice in Allegiant. They were not different at all. Therefore, I am going to be confused with who is who.

After Reading:

Mixed fe
Nihan
'Bildiğim tek bir şey var: Bu dünyanın ne kadar berbat bir yer olduğunu unutmak için alkol yerine onu tercih ederim.'

İlk 4 hikaye güzeldi ama en çok Tris ile ilk tanışma anını ve ''Dikkatli ol, Tris.'' kısımlarını sevdim. Ayrıca ''İyi görünüyorsun, Tris'' hikayesi de çok eğlenceliydi bence.

Tobias'ı özlemişim ve iyi ki bu kitabı alıp okumuşum. Filmi yeniden izleyesim geldi. *-*
Lucinda Maddox
Jul 09, 2014 Lucinda Maddox marked it as to-read
Cuando una saga termina, déjenla malditamente A-C-A-B-A-D-A!!!!!!!!!!!!

Odio esto, LO ODIO!!!!!!!

Además, con qué ganas voy a leer yo esto si ya leí el final de Allegiant??? DÍGANME CON QUÉ GANAS!!!

I HATE THIS!!
Erik
Óóóchmôjtypanebože...
Ja mám pocit, že som práve dočítal prúser vesmírnych rozmerov.

Ale najprv off topic: Ja som veľmi zvláštny čitateľ, lebo ja vlastne na jednej strane chcem, aby bol príbeh dopovedaný do konca, ale že do úplného (preto mám rád romány od John Irving, lebo tie sledujú život hlavného hrdinu od narodenia po smrť), ale zároveň si myslím, že niektoré veci majú ostať nevypovedané, lebo veď čitateľ nie je debil.

No a ak je toto tu akože nová móda YA literatúry... tak Amentmasnami!
Po
Katherine
3,5 / 5*

Rozhodla jsem se, že beze strachu napíšu to, co si opravdu myslím.. (a tyhle short stories mi to jen potvrdily)

Tobias byl DOKONALÝ... a pak poznal Tris

A pak.. A pak.. dostal tuto tvář...

A bylo po dokonalosti úplně..

Ale tyto povídky, ty vás zase vrátí k tomu starému perfektnímu Čtyřkovi. :)
Rawan Abo Elwan
Mar 13, 2014 Rawan Abo Elwan marked it as to-read
Ahhh look at that awesome cover!
Emadeddin

description

Wow! It's been a very long time since I finished my extraordinary journey through Divergent months ago :) It feels really good to be back! This book is truly fan-freakin'-tastic! AS EXPECTED!

Four: A Divergent Story Collection, contains Four stories told from Four POV: The Transfer, The Initiate, The Son, and The Traitor (this one I enjoyed the most). And they're all incredibly incredible!!
Veronica Roth surprised me! She has an extremely rare and unique ability to catch her readers full attention
Fatima
Milica
All I have to say is:
theo <3

I'm such a teen, so what?! :D
Dana
Total Stars: 3.4/5

Four: The Transfer (Divergent, #0.1):Better than I expected. It was nice to get more insight into Four's home life and to see the beginning of his transformation from cowering victim to strong survivor. 3.5/5

The Initiate (Divergent, #0.2):The second installment in the Four quartet of novellas was a decent read. However I did find my mind wandering at times, it just didn't hold my attention as well as "The Transfer". It's been a while since I have read the Divergent trilogy and
  • Delirium Stories: Hana, Annabel, and Raven (Delirium, #0.5, #1.5, #2.5)
  • Inside Divergent: The Initiate's World
  • After the Bridge (The Infernal Devices #3.1)
  • The Assassin's Blade (Throne of Glass, #0.1-0.5)
  • The Fear Trials (The Murder Complex, #0.5)
  • Glitches (The Lunar Chronicles, #0.5)
  • Sparks Rise (The Darkest Minds #2.5)
  • The Selection Stories: The Prince & The Guard (The Selection, #0.5, #2.5)
  • Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky, #3)
  • Hidden Enemy (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #7-9)
  • Rebel (Reboot, #2)
  • Sinner (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #4)
  • The Infinite Sea (The Fifth Wave #2)
  • Champion (Legend, #3)
  • Unite Me (Shatter Me, #1.5, #2.5)
  • The Unbound (The Archived, #2)
  • Undivided (Unwind, #4)
  • This Night So Dark (Starbound, #1.5)
Veronica Roth is from a Chicago suburb. She studied creative writing at Northwestern University, and wrote DIVERGENT (Katherine Tegen Books, May 2011) and INSURGENT (May 2012). The third and final book in The Divergent Trilogy, ALLEGIANT, will come out on October 22, 2013. In the meantime she will spend endless hours browsing Wikipedia in her pajamas as she eats corn flakes. (Or some other kind of ...more
More about Veronica Roth...

Divergent (3 books)
  • Divergent (Divergent, #1)
  • Insurgent (Divergent, #2)
  • Allegiant (Divergent, #3)
Divergent (Divergent, #1) Insurgent (Divergent, #2) Allegiant (Divergent, #3) Free Four: Tobias Tells the Divergent Knife-Throwing Scene (Divergent, #1.5) The Transfer (Divergent, #0.1)

“One thing I know: For helping me forget how awful the world is, I prefer her to alcohol.” 91 likes
“Dead people can be our heroes because they cant disappoint us later; they only improve over time, as we forget more and more about them.” 83 likes