Start by marking “Four: A Divergent Story Collection (Divergent, #0.1 - 0.4)” as Want to Read:
Four: A Divergent Story Collection (Divergent, #0.1 - 0.4)

Four: A Divergent Story Collection (Divergent 0.1-0.4)

4.13  ·  Rating Details  ·  95,542 Ratings  ·  8,176 Reviews
Two years before Beatrice Prior made her choice, the sixteen-year-old son of Abnegation’s faction leader did the same. Tobias’s transfer to Dauntless is a chance to begin again. Here, he will not be called the name his parents gave him. Here, he will not let fear turn him into a cowering child.

Newly christened “Four,” he discovers during initiation that he will succeed in
Published July 8th 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Four, please sign up.

hayden The state of this book being "good" depends on your personal tastes. It is very similar to DIVERGENT in both writing style and plot development. To me…moreThe state of this book being "good" depends on your personal tastes. It is very similar to DIVERGENT in both writing style and plot development. To me personally, the stories felt a bit unnecessary because of how similar they were to Tris's initiation and such, but if you're a hardcore fan of the series and you love Four, it's a fun read.(less)
Luana Sirbu Blogger no they do not, but if you want to read this one read divergent you will understand more....this one is from four point of view and a little more…moreno they do not, but if you want to read this one read divergent you will understand more....this one is from four point of view and a little more about his life.(less)
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe Blood of Olympus by Rick RiordanThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerDreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
Can't Wait Books of 2014
51st out of 2,670 books — 15,918 voters
The One by Kiera CassIgnite Me by Tahereh MafiA Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia GrayCress by Marissa MeyerCity of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare
Best Covers of 2014
24th out of 1,004 books — 2,708 voters

More lists with this book...

Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Aug 06, 2014 Kelly (and the Book Boar) rated it did not like it

Because no. Just no.

FOR GOD'S SAKE WHEN A SERIES IS DONE JUST LET IT BE F-ING DONE!!!!!!!

No more novellas. No more telling the story from a different character's perspective. No more "where are they now" (or "where were they before"). NO MORE!

EDIT: I'm a mom to a teen (as of today - waaaaaaaah). Whining on my review of how I'm a "big meanie" or how I "just don't get it" is something I hear on the regular, so save your breath. This is MY review and MY opinion - if you're a Roth superfan go post
Natalie (Never trust a duck)
The fact that this is a thing makes me so happy. And yes, this is Theo James.

Raeleen Lemay
May 12, 2015 Raeleen Lemay rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
I REALLY ENJOYED THIS.

It was really fun to get into Four's head 2 years before he even meets Tris, because you get to see a different side of him. You get to see the scared boy from Abnegation struggling to break free from his faction and abusive father, and you see him grow into the man he is by the time Divergent begins. There was plenty of foreshadowing to the other books in the trilogy as well, which I loved. It was also nice but somewhat sad to see some of the characters that maybe didn't m
Diana
Apr 02, 2014 Diana marked it as to-read
I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY!

description

This is going to be my face until the book is released:

Maureen
Sep 17, 2015 Maureen rated it really liked it
I really really enjoyed this! I am beginning to think I end up liking Novella collections more than the actual series they belong to
  Roshni
Aug 25, 2014 Roshni rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Die Hard Divergent fans
And i fell in love with Four all over again

Reading Four made me feel this weird feeling, That feeling you get when you watch your old photos or videos like. I was not prepared for this.

There is nothing new.... Its more like behind the scenes. We get know that what Four was up to all along. like. how he discovered about the attack on abnegation. It was good that it was not divergent all over again.

We get to see his friendships with Zeak, Shauna and others. and his Hateship with Eric too.

Four is o
karen
hahaha kelly's review for this cracks me up.

and i totally agree with the fact that sometimes when something is over, you just have to let it be over. make a clean break. but i am, in many ways, a completist. i have seen all the movies in the saw franchise, i keep getting wicked excited every time i see there is a new newsflesh short story available, just when i thought i would never get to revisit that world, and i will read any and all retellings of wuthering heights, no matter how dreadful.

so
Alexa
Jul 13, 2014 Alexa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: novellas, fave-guys
I just love Four so much, seriously, my love for him is ENDLESS. I soaked this goodness right up and I couldn't help this surge of devastation and sadness as I closed the book one final time. It made me want to jump up and re-read Divergent immediately (Divergent only, reading the other two would be much too painful), and it made me realize how much I love Tris and Four's relationship as well. Aaaannd then of course there's Veronica Roth's beautiful writing.

Just, so much love.
___
mmmm that cover
m
Kylie カイリー Yay Apocalypse
Nov 23, 2014 Kylie カイリー Yay Apocalypse marked it as to-read
Recommends it for: Fans of the Divergent book series (not the movie) and fans of Tobias
Wait. We can have ALL FOUR short stories in Tobia's POV. ALL IN ONE???!!! I think I'm going to die. No wait... Buy the book, read it, love it then die.
That ferris wheel.
7/11/14
Well. I bought the book. I'm gonna die soon.
Laz
Jan 29, 2015 Laz rated it it was amazing
I can't help sobbing right now because I just realized that I've read about everything Divergent as of now. I can always re-read the books and novellas but I'm not ever going to read about Tris or Tobias in new adventures. I've loved this characters for so long. I've cherished them for so long. They both hold a place in my heart. It's been a year since I read Allegiant and I'm still sad and stunned about it. With these novellas a chapter just closed, I think.

Tobias is one of the most incredible
Bookables Heather
Aug 01, 2014 Bookables Heather rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, dystopian
It should come as no suprise that I rated this book as a 5. I have always dubbed Four as my fictional husband will always continue to do so.

I loved this entire book and devoured it within hours. I loved learning about Four's past and how he came to be Dauntless and even meeting Tris.

There's not much else to say really. I don't want to spoil the Divergent trilogy for anyone who hasn't read it. I will say you have to read it though! It's one of my favorite series, ever!!

All I gotta say is- MORE F
Josu
Jul 25, 2015 Josu rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-julio
Me ha costado, de alguna manera, verme atrapado en la novela. Cuatro es una sucesión de relatos que no aportan apenas ningún dato relevante a la historia, y que no creo que se salven con el protagonista... El único motivo que tenía para leer esta novela era por él, Cuatro, pues me parecía un personaje muy interesante. Sin embargo, no creo que las historias le hagan justicia como personaje. Son historias muy simples, que sí que es verdad que arrojan ciertos datos a la historia, pero que no consig ...more
Natalie Monroe
"I look down at her. She has that side, too, she must have it. I saw the way she looked when she beat Molly, like she was going to keep going whether her opponent was unconscious or not. Maybe she and I are the same. "

You are, Four, just not in the way you think.

We all remember the disaster that is Allegiant. Tris and Four's voice are totally indistinguishable. Reading a novella entirely in his POV has made me all the more sure.

I don't think it's Roth being unable to write a believable male
Srikari Downey Jr.
My first reaction to the book.....

While I was reading.....

After reading.....

Yup that sums it up.
Cait (Paper Fury)
Aug 18, 2014 Cait (Paper Fury) rated it it was amazing
This was just perfection. I couldn't be any more happy with this little skydive back into the Divergent world. I HAVE MISSED IT. I love Veronica Roth's books so, so much and Four was awesome.

I mean just look at him. Isn't he so approachable?!
Yes yes, of course.

There's a collection of four (duh) short stories and the whole book comes to around 200-pages. SO not enough, if you want my opinion. I'm almost disappointed at how short some where. But anyway, let's break this down, shall we?

Story #1:
Stepheny
Yes, I know.

I know what you’re thinking: 3 stars? Really, Stepheny? You? The psychotic Divergent fangirl that turns into a squealing 13 year old every time Four’s name is even mentioned? You’re only giving this 3 stars?

*sigh*

I had to show some extreme self-control in this rating. Part of me wants to give it 5 stars just because. The logical side of me that is trying to look at things objectively says otherwise.

Here are the facts: this book gives us little to no new information. The little bit
carolina ☾
" Maybe she and I are the same."

VERONICA YOU'VE JUST OPENED A WOUND.

This books wrecks every little part of me.
I had forgotten how much i loved Tobias Eaton.It's amazing to get to seeDivergent through Tobias' point of view.His fear landescape, his initiation as a Dauntless...
And the way he thought about Tris as "her" like there was no other.
"For some reason, my first thought is her, her wide eyes staring at me from the recesses of my memory."

"In that moment I’m able to accept the inevitability o
Joost
Een mooie toevoeging aan de Divergent-serie! Mijn recensie kan je hier lezen: http://nerdygeekyfanboy.com/recensie/...
Dana Kenedy (Dana and the Books)
3.5/5

I think I enjoyed this more than the Divergent trilogy!
Kai
Jun 09, 2016 Kai rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
“That's what I really want - to shed all the people who want to form and shape me, one by one, and learn instead to form and shape myself.”

4.5/5

I had a great time with this collection of Divergent short stories. Reading about this universe from Four's POV was really fascinating. It was nice to get to see what he thought in those situations. Of course, I already knew a lot of what was going to happen so there were not too many surprises in this book. I just really loved reading scenes with Four a
Shreya
Feb 08, 2016 Shreya rated it it was amazing
4.6 STARS ROUNDED OFF BECAUSE I'M IN A REALLY GOOD MOOD!

A AWESOME addition to my divergent collection! To be honest, writing wise, it wasn't that special. But if you're a die-hard fan of Divergent, don't think twice before buying this book! It's totally worth it! Especially, if you're still in depression after all that happened in Allegiant.....I was overjoyed to learn more about Tris even though the ending of Allegiant kind of made it weird to read about her again! *remembers what happened in a
Patrick Salazar
Jul 08, 2014 Patrick Salazar rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really wish I didn't read this book in less than 24 hours. I can't believe the series is really over. So sad its over. Reading about Four's point of view in situations and his life brought so many feels and his first encounter with Tris... OMG THE FEELS. Amazing book.
Meg
Aug 10, 2015 Meg rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Actual rating: 4.5 stars

Uhm...wow. I forgot just how much I loved Veronica Roth's writing. This book had been on my tbr pile for months and I'm annoyed at myself for not picking it up sooner. I think that I enjoyed the earlier stories the best (although I do love Tris), the end story and scenes were just extracts of Divergent written from a different PoV. It was awesome to read about Four's character development - he seems like a completely different person in the first story. We, of course, alr
Marta
Nov 14, 2015 Marta rated it it was amazing
I like Tobias's POV even more than Tris's. :D
Denisse
Mar 09, 2015 Denisse rated it it was ok
2.5 The truth about this is that it is not worth it. I'm sorry. Truth sucks, I know. If you're a fan, go read it! You'll love it.

It's a good move, yhea. -People liked this Divergent thing, the movie made it good enough, lets do some Four-shit thing because we love money. Yes. - It is actually a good move. It doesn't change the fact that it is shit.

The only good thing: Four's friendship with Zeke and Shauna.

There it is that's all I got.

At the end of the day Roth can't go worst than Allegiant. S
Rümeysa Beyde
Mar 09, 2016 Rümeysa Beyde rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yandaş faciasından sonra bu kitap resmen ilaç gibi geldi :)
Tobias seride en başından beri hep en sevdiğim karakter oldu.
Şimdi de onun ağzından kendi dünyasını okumak çok güzeldi, büyük keyif aldım.
Yazar bu sefer her şeyi tam tadında bırakmış üzerine daha fazla yazsaydı eminim bir süreden sonra sıkıcı olmaya başlayacaktı. O yüzden tam yerinde bitirmiş. Bu konuda benden tam not aldı.

Tobias'ın iç dünyasını okuyunca özellikle Marcus'la olan anlatımlarda o kadar çok üzüldüm ki, o cesur adamın aslınd
Jan 14, 2016 Sarah rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is one overrated book. I didn't like getting an insight into Four's mind and I didn't like how the story was so similar to Divergent. I like Four, I do, but what I liked most about him before reading this was his mysterious demeanour. He's sort of like the strong silent type and reading this opened up his mind to me and honestly, I saw nothing interesting. On one hand, his point of view is pretty much identical to Tris's but on the other hand there were a few incidents were he did the compl ...more
Tessa
You know what I don't like? When authors release extra books with no real new information to the main story just to get some extra cash. That's low.

The Transfer - I wasn't that impressed when I first read this, but now I'm even less impressed after re-reading it. It was boring, even more the second time. So many words for so little happening :( . His dad beat him, he left Abnegation, he got the name Four. Know that! Next please!

The Initiate - This also bored me to tears. The only interesting pa
Kimberley doruyter
ooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh four:)
  • Delirium Stories: Hana, Annabel, and Raven (Delirium, #0.5, #1.5, #2.5)
  • Inside Divergent: The Initiate's World
  • Savage Drift (Monument 14, #3)
  • As They Slip Away (Across the Universe, #2.5)
  • Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix Vol. 2
  • Gasp (Visions, #3)
  • Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky, #3)
  • Among the Nameless Stars (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #0.5)
  • Sparks Rise (The Darkest Minds #2.5)
  • The Girl of Fire and Thorns Stories (Fire and Thorns, #0.5-0.7)
  • Secret Histories (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #4-6)
  • Divergent Official Illustrated Movie Companion
  • Rebel (Reboot, #2)
  • The Forever Song (Blood of Eden, #3)
  • The Selection Stories: The Prince & The Guard (The Selection, #0.5, 2.5)
  • Adaptácia
  • Three (Article 5, #3)
  • Deception (Defiance, #2)
Veronica Roth is from a Chicago suburb. She studied creative writing at Northwestern University, and wrote DIVERGENT (Katherine Tegen Books, May 2011) and INSURGENT (May 2012). The third and final book in The Divergent Trilogy, ALLEGIANT, will come out on October 22, 2013. In the meantime she will spend endless hours browsing Wikipedia in her pajamas as she eats corn flakes. (Or some other kind of ...more
More about Veronica Roth...

Divergent (3 books)
  • Divergent (Divergent, #1)
  • Insurgent (Divergent, #2)
  • Allegiant (Divergent, #3)

“One thing I know: For helping me forget how awful the world is, I prefer her to alcohol.” 189 likes
“Dead people can be our heroes because they cant disappoint us later; they only improve over time, as we forget more and more about them.” 165 likes