Start by marking “Midnight Train to Paris (A Paris Time Travel Romance)” as Want to Read:
Midnight Train to Paris (A Paris Time Travel Romance)

Midnight Train to Paris (A Paris Time Travel Romance)

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  422 ratings  ·  65 reviews
When Jillian Chambord�s twin sister is abducted from a luxury train traveling through the Alps, not even the threat of losing her coveted position at The Washington Daily can stop this hard-hitting reporter from hopping on the next flight to France. But soon after boarding a midnight train in the Alps with Samuel Kelly � the lead investigator and sexy former CIA agent whom ...more
Published June 18th 2013 by Montlake Romance (first published April 30th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Midnight Train to Paris, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Midnight Train to Paris

Chelsea
More reviews available at my blog, Beauty and the Bookworm.

This book baffled me, and not in a good way. It's not like I went in with crazy expectations or anything, but when it comes to time travel, I do have some expectation that it's going to be handled in a logical manner. At least, as logical a manner as time travel can allow. Sobanet never actually explained how her time travel works--it apparently just has something to do with a magic ring that only works on the main characters, even thoug
Katie
This was OK. I think it needed more backstory. And yes, I know I was reading a book involving time travel and therefore needed to suspend my disbelief a bit, it strains credulity that little bit too much to just say that things happened for no understandable reason. There's a clear setup for a sequel, which I may or may not read.
Jamie
This book had a cool concept. Jillian's sister was kidnapped off the Orient Express in a copycat crime from 75 years ago. She and Samuel go off to find the kidnapper. They end up traveling back in time to the night of the original crime. It's a decent story.

The thing is that apparently I could not turn my brain off quite enough and suspend my reality. The main character keeps claiming that she and her twin are connected...if they were wouldn't she have warned her sister somehow and prevented the
Tash
GREAT READ!!!!
Thanks to one of my book club members for selecting this. Just by looking at the cover, I would not have picked this book up, much less give it a second glance. But I'm so glad Yolanda chose this because I was able to be lost in an AWESOME adventure that lasted 2 days. I'm only sorry it ended so soon, but the book was sooooo good, I couldn't put it down.
I had no clue as to what this book was about, so there were no preconceived notions or any great expectations. All I knew what I H
Angela Risner
Midnight Train to Paris was released as a Kindle serial - however, I ended up not having time to read it until now and so I read it all at one time.

The story follows Jillian Chambord, who has a vision of her twin, Isla, in trouble. She finds out that the vision is all too real and must travel to Europe in order to save her sister. Samuel Kelly, Jillian's ex-lover, has been hired to track down Isla. However, Isla's disappearance is eerily similar to a crime from 1937.

The reason I didn't like the
Wendy Blansett
A romantic, murder-mystery, time traveling novel - wow! If one is able to suspend disbelief for the length of this short novel and just sit back and enjoy the read, then this book is a fun ride. Full of mystery and intrigue with memorable characters, Midnight Train to Paris takes the reader on a crime solving adventure flitting back and forth between present and 1937. The time travel and visions are a little on the crazy side, but the book was a great easy summer read that I thoroughly enjoyed.
Cheryl Meyers
I like books with time travel and I am always intrigued to see if the travelers change history. I won't say what happened as I don't want to spoil the suspense for others, but it was interesting to see how things change. This was a very good period piece, too, as the characters described the settings, the clothing, and the language for their time periods. There was good character development as well. The people are still with me two weeks after having read the book. Some parts were hard to take ...more
Toni
I feel sort of pretty bad when I rate/review books poorly. I hope to write one of these things one day and this part can't be fun to read.

However, I must be honest . . .

This book felt really very far fetched and it had NOTHING to do with the time travel. It didn't keep my interest like I would have liked. Also, the ending was crazy. Impossible even. And yes, I know you have to suspend reality with the time travel stuff and I tried but this just went way beyond my abilities to suspend. Also ther
Andrea
Romantic and thrilling

Romantic and thrilling

I chose this reading because I like a steamy romance. this is not the usual type that I am drawn to. I did like this book though.it kept me wanting to know who had committed this horrible kidnapping. I am pleased with the book but it was not my favorite.
Misty
This was a light, refreshing, bonbon of a book for me. There is no real depth or profound message to slog through, so it was perfect for a bit of light afternoon reading on the deck with a glass of tea.

The narrative follows our heroine from present day to a hundred years ago and back again, from the US to France and the Orient Express. The plot is generally wrapped around the kidnapping of the heroine's sister, and then spirals exponentially outward after that. The environs are beautiful, the hi
William
This is a difficult one to review. I quite enjoyed the overall book and flow, but there was a leading topic I didn't care for. I know that it is a reality for some, but it can be difficult to read.

I loved the mystery of it all and the concept of her time traveling train.

Overall I did enjoy the book and look forward to another from the author.
Jennifer Savasta
Ah, sweet, sweet mind candy. I devoured this book in less than 12 hours. The time traveling aspect from 2012 to 1937 Paris made it all the more exciting. I'm glad I discovered this book in its entirety and not as a serial because I'm not sure I could have waited for the next episodes release.
Leah Hansen
Utterly disappointing. Was looking forward to a little romance, some time travel, and a mystery on the side. This story was contrived, over-written, and rushed. Didn't even finish the book; I got so tired of vapid characters I didn't like or care about. I would not recommend this book.
Julie Flaherty
I only made it through 10% of the book before giving up on it. The first chapter was intriguing, but the quality of writing went down after that. First, I find it extremely hard to believe that a woman who was just told that her sister was missing would still be lusting after the man who's discussing the situation with her. And if she is that kind of person, then she's not an emphatic character. Secondly, too much of the character development was being revealed in the dialogue forgetting the rul ...more
Tia
This was my first Kindle Serial - a novel written in installments and delivered once a week. An interesting idea and kinda fun for a mystery book. I'm always reading a few books at the same time, so it was no big deal to switch over to another book while waiting for the next installment. Definitely built up the suspense.

I really enjoyed "Midnight Train to Paris". I've become a big fan of Juliette Sobanet and her Paris themes (my favorite so far has been "Kissed in Paris"). Midnight was differen
Grisel Aponte
Amazing

Loved the book. Full of unexpected surprises. The characters in the book are taken through different paths which in the end are brought together threw the bonds of love.
Sarah Hinch
The time travel was a bit far fetched, however, I was ok with it. I just wish that they would have cut out the last scene all together. It just felt unnecessary to me.
Donna Thompson
After finishing the last episode of this delightful serial, all I can say is Wow, Juliette has done it again. A finely crafted suspenseful romance that is both contemporary and historical (thanks to the deftly handled time travel aspect), this is more of Juliette's wonderful absorbing storytelling. I would say she is most definitely an author at the peak of her career; however, that wouldn't be fair, as I'm positive she's got many more intriguing novels to come that will only prove to surpass he ...more
molly barclay
Intriguing

fast paced it keeps you wanting to finish each chapter . like the twists in this book great read recommend this booh
Barbara
Steamy romance, mystery, murder, time travel, adventure and Paris! Ooo lala! This was a great read but there are some bad people in it so there are some disturbing parts. Surprise ending!
Melissa
This was a fun, light read. I enjoyed it.
Anna
A quick, fun stay-up-late-to-finish book
Pat
As with all Juliette Sobanet books, it gets off to a great start and the adventure begins, I'm all snuggled up with my wine and book, and then..........one hour later, it's finished? I find out it is a chapter book. I am left hanging here and can't wait til Tuesday to automatically receive the next chapter. groan. How could she do that to us? I have been waiting so long for another Paris adventure. Reader be warned. I wasn't. Yes, I'll ultimately enjoy it, I'm sure, but wish I had known first. I ...more
Ellen
Good for light reading.
Suzanne Critelli
Another adventurous story by Juliette Sorbanet!

This is the third story that I have read of Juliette Sorbanet. This is the first Kindle Serial I have read and this story had several themes which made it such a great story and made me eager for the next episodes. There is adventure, murder-mystery, time travel, sci-fi and romance! Jillian and Samuel make such a great team. Hopefully we get to read another adventure with them! Great job Juliette!
Kris Mehigan
Technically, I would rate this book 4.5 stars. Great read and totally engaging. Story is very strong developing the female characters, especially Jillian, the heroine, and her twin Isla. Sobanet handled the fantasy element expertly and left plenty of room to offer a new mystery-thriller. Hope we learn more about Samuel in the next installment. Makes me want to ride the Orient Express...but perhaps not at midnight through the Alps ;)

Jeanne Fraga
This is a good book. I away slice time travel stories and this was fun. I'll read another
corri rummelt
Very good

I have not read a time travel book but I really enjoyed this book how it was a mystery murder.
This was my first "serial" book, and I will admit that I waited until all of the chapters were released before reading. That being said, I really enjoyed this book. I loved the two timelines in the story, and how they connected through the main character. This is a sweet, easy read, especially if you read the entire book at once.
Robin
You know when you don't hit it off with a book on page 1 but you stick with it for a few chapters and it just verifies your initial reaction? This is one of those books. Cheesy and formulaic and EVERYONE has teaser issues "If he only knew." I guess I didn't want to know. Oh well, on to another book with more substance.
  • Round Robin
  • For Internal Use Only
  • Jackrabbit Junction Jitters (Jackrabbit Junction, #2)
  • Love Hurts
  • What Would Mary Berry Do?
  • The Last Place She'd Look
  • What the Dog Ate
  • The Haunted Fixer Upper (Haunted Renovation Mystery, #2)
  • Field of Schemes
  • Kingdom by the Sea
  • In Need of Therapy
  • The Holiday Home
  • Jane Doe's Return
  • Deal with a Demon
  • Thursday's Child (Out of Time #5)
  • Why I Love Singlehood: A Novel
  • The Original Alibi (Matt Kile Mystery, #2)
  • A State of Jane
Juliette Sobanet earned a B.A. from Georgetown University and an M.A. from New York University in France, living and studying in both Lyon and Paris. She worked as a French professor before turning a new page in her career, penning romantic women’s fiction with a French twist. Today she lives in San Diego, where she devotes her time to writing, eating chocolate, and dreaming about her next trip to ...more
More about Juliette Sobanet...
Kissed in Paris (A Paris Romance) Sleeping with Paris (A Paris Romance) Dancing with Paris (A Paris Time Travel Romance) Honeymoon in Paris (A Paris Romance) Confessions of a City Girl: Los Angeles (A Confessions Novella #1)