Start by marking “Midnight Train to Paris (A Paris Time Travel Romance)” as Want to Read:
Midnight Train to Paris (A Paris Time Travel Romance)

Midnight Train to Paris (Paris Time Travel #1)

3.58  ·  Rating Details  ·  654 Ratings  ·  81 Reviews
When Jillian Chambord’s twin sister is abducted from a luxury train traveling through the Alps, not even the threat of losing her coveted position at The Washington Daily can stop this hard-hitting reporter from hopping on the next flight to France. But soon after boarding a midnight train in the Alps with Samuel Kelly—the lead investigator and sexy former CIA agent whom J ...more
Published June 18th 2013 by Montlake Romance (first published April 30th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Midnight Train to Paris, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Midnight Train to Paris

Büşra Ay
Feb 01, 2016 Büşra Ay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beklentilerimin üstünde çıktı. Sevdim. *-*
Ceren Ünlü
''Time Travel '' serisinin fantastik içerdiğini nasıl bilmem. :-P Kitabın yarısında şoka uğradım resmen :D
Chelsea
More reviews available at my blog, Beauty and the Bookworm.

This book baffled me, and not in a good way. It's not like I went in with crazy expectations or anything, but when it comes to time travel, I do have some expectation that it's going to be handled in a logical manner. At least, as logical a manner as time travel can allow. Sobanet never actually explained how her time travel works--it apparently just has something to do with a magic ring that only works on the main characters, even thoug
JoLene
Dec 18, 2015 JoLene rated it it was ok
Jillian Chambord is just getting to crack a big story when her ex, Sam contacts her because her twin sister has gone missing off the Orient Express train. Despite being estranged from her sister, Jillian rushes to Europe to help Sam with the investigation. They quickly find out that this crime mimics a case from 1937 and they end up being transported back to that time to try to solve both cases.

The premise for this book was really interesting. However, I didn't enjoy the writing. This was origin
Hatice_
May 11, 2016 Hatice_ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Zaman yolculuğu konusunu her zaman çok ilgi çekici buluyorum.Dolayısıyla kitabı da çok sevdim.Zaman yolculuğunun en sonunda hayatlarına olan etkisi beni çok mutlu etti :) Zincirleme olaylar bazen ne çok şeye sebebiyet veriyor......
Blackbookstories
kitap zaman yolculuguyla ilgili kısımları çok basit bir kurguya dayaliydı ama ilerki kitaplarda bu durumun düzeleceğini umduğumdan 3 puan veriyorum ama eğer serinin devamında da bu durum devam ederse 2 hatta 1 puanlık bır kitap. Zaman Yolculuğu bilim kurgu severler için hassas bir konu o yüzden hadi zaman yolculugu yapalım tarzı basitiligi sevmiyorum.
Katie
Jul 31, 2013 Katie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was OK. I think it needed more backstory. And yes, I know I was reading a book involving time travel and therefore needed to suspend my disbelief a bit, it strains credulity that little bit too much to just say that things happened for no understandable reason. There's a clear setup for a sequel, which I may or may not read.
Jamie
Aug 07, 2014 Jamie rated it liked it
This book had a cool concept. Jillian's sister was kidnapped off the Orient Express in a copycat crime from 75 years ago. She and Samuel go off to find the kidnapper. They end up traveling back in time to the night of the original crime. It's a decent story.

The thing is that apparently I could not turn my brain off quite enough and suspend my reality. The main character keeps claiming that she and her twin are connected...if they were wouldn't she have warned her sister somehow and prevented the
Jenni
Mar 24, 2015 Jenni rated it liked it
This book sucked me in & I read it very quickly, although the plot became more & more far-fetched as I got further into the book. Overall it was entertaining & a decent quick, suspenseful read.
Tash
Oct 07, 2013 Tash rated it it was amazing
GREAT READ!!!!
Thanks to one of my book club members for selecting this. Just by looking at the cover, I would not have picked this book up, much less give it a second glance. But I'm so glad Yolanda chose this because I was able to be lost in an AWESOME adventure that lasted 2 days. I'm only sorry it ended so soon, but the book was sooooo good, I couldn't put it down.
I had no clue as to what this book was about, so there were no preconceived notions or any great expectations. All I knew what I H
Angela Risner
Midnight Train to Paris was released as a Kindle serial - however, I ended up not having time to read it until now and so I read it all at one time.

The story follows Jillian Chambord, who has a vision of her twin, Isla, in trouble. She finds out that the vision is all too real and must travel to Europe in order to save her sister. Samuel Kelly, Jillian's ex-lover, has been hired to track down Isla. However, Isla's disappearance is eerily similar to a crime from 1937.

The reason I didn't like the
Wendy Blansett
Jul 12, 2014 Wendy Blansett rated it really liked it
A romantic, murder-mystery, time traveling novel - wow! If one is able to suspend disbelief for the length of this short novel and just sit back and enjoy the read, then this book is a fun ride. Full of mystery and intrigue with memorable characters, Midnight Train to Paris takes the reader on a crime solving adventure flitting back and forth between present and 1937. The time travel and visions are a little on the crazy side, but the book was a great easy summer read that I thoroughly enjoyed.
Cheryl Meyers
Jul 09, 2013 Cheryl Meyers rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I like books with time travel and I am always intrigued to see if the travelers change history. I won't say what happened as I don't want to spoil the suspense for others, but it was interesting to see how things change. This was a very good period piece, too, as the characters described the settings, the clothing, and the language for their time periods. There was good character development as well. The people are still with me two weeks after having read the book. Some parts were hard to take ...more
Toni
Apr 07, 2014 Toni rated it did not like it
I feel sort of pretty bad when I rate/review books poorly. I hope to write one of these things one day and this part can't be fun to read.

However, I must be honest . . .

This book felt really very far fetched and it had NOTHING to do with the time travel. It didn't keep my interest like I would have liked. Also, the ending was crazy. Impossible even. And yes, I know you have to suspend reality with the time travel stuff and I tried but this just went way beyond my abilities to suspend. Also ther
Isabel Maria Matias Baeta Marques
What a poor book. The concept was fun and interesting, but the whole thing as far fetched as it is, felt so far from it... the main character is this "strong" woman with the ability to narrate things, narrate her feelings about the same things, and then retell everything to another character - I know this is confusing, but that was how the author filled the pages.
The book is stupid and there's no way I'll recommend it to anyone. I just cringe thinking about this novel, and how I wasted my time
Joy
Jan 11, 2015 Joy rated it liked it
Murder, mystery, time travel, twins, and psychic communication. Add in some deep dark secrets and a pair of star crossed lovers, and you have this book.

It's a fair book, not overly engrossing and well written, but not really bad either. If you're a fan of far fetched story lines bordering on the soap operatic, you'll enjoy this book
Andrea
Aug 02, 2014 Andrea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Romantic and thrilling

Romantic and thrilling

I chose this reading because I like a steamy romance. this is not the usual type that I am drawn to. I did like this book though.it kept me wanting to know who had committed this horrible kidnapping. I am pleased with the book but it was not my favorite.
Misty
Sep 26, 2013 Misty rated it liked it
This was a light, refreshing, bonbon of a book for me. There is no real depth or profound message to slog through, so it was perfect for a bit of light afternoon reading on the deck with a glass of tea.

The narrative follows our heroine from present day to a hundred years ago and back again, from the US to France and the Orient Express. The plot is generally wrapped around the kidnapping of the heroine's sister, and then spirals exponentially outward after that. The environs are beautiful, the hi
William
Sep 05, 2014 William rated it it was amazing
This is a difficult one to review. I quite enjoyed the overall book and flow, but there was a leading topic I didn't care for. I know that it is a reality for some, but it can be difficult to read.

I loved the mystery of it all and the concept of her time traveling train.

Overall I did enjoy the book and look forward to another from the author.
Jennifer Savasta
Mar 30, 2014 Jennifer Savasta rated it really liked it
Ah, sweet, sweet mind candy. I devoured this book in less than 12 hours. The time traveling aspect from 2012 to 1937 Paris made it all the more exciting. I'm glad I discovered this book in its entirety and not as a serial because I'm not sure I could have waited for the next episodes release.
Leah
Mar 06, 2014 Leah rated it did not like it
Utterly disappointing. Was looking forward to a little romance, some time travel, and a mystery on the side. This story was contrived, over-written, and rushed. Didn't even finish the book; I got so tired of vapid characters I didn't like or care about. I would not recommend this book.
Julie Flaherty
Apr 24, 2014 Julie Flaherty rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: did-not-finish
I only made it through 10% of the book before giving up on it. The first chapter was intriguing, but the quality of writing went down after that. First, I find it extremely hard to believe that a woman who was just told that her sister was missing would still be lusting after the man who's discussing the situation with her. And if she is that kind of person, then she's not an emphatic character. Secondly, too much of the character development was being revealed in the dialogue forgetting the rul ...more
Tia
Jun 22, 2013 Tia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: time-travel
This was my first Kindle Serial - a novel written in installments and delivered once a week. An interesting idea and kinda fun for a mystery book. I'm always reading a few books at the same time, so it was no big deal to switch over to another book while waiting for the next installment. Definitely built up the suspense.

I really enjoyed "Midnight Train to Paris". I've become a big fan of Juliette Sobanet and her Paris themes (my favorite so far has been "Kissed in Paris"). Midnight was differen
Sarah Hinch
Jul 27, 2014 Sarah Hinch rated it liked it
The time travel was a bit far fetched, however, I was ok with it. I just wish that they would have cut out the last scene all together. It just felt unnecessary to me.
Donna Thompson
Jun 18, 2013 Donna Thompson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-read
After finishing the last episode of this delightful serial, all I can say is Wow, Juliette has done it again. A finely crafted suspenseful romance that is both contemporary and historical (thanks to the deftly handled time travel aspect), this is more of Juliette's wonderful absorbing storytelling. I would say she is most definitely an author at the peak of her career; however, that wouldn't be fair, as I'm positive she's got many more intriguing novels to come that will only prove to surpass he ...more
molly barclay
Mar 02, 2014 molly barclay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Intriguing

fast paced it keeps you wanting to finish each chapter . like the twists in this book great read recommend this booh
Carrie
May 17, 2015 Carrie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, serial
Originally published as a serial, I read the full Kindle version. I liked the time travel elements, but the twists weren't that surprising.
Barbara
Mar 26, 2014 Barbara rated it it was amazing
Steamy romance, mystery, murder, time travel, adventure and Paris! Ooo lala! This was a great read but there are some bad people in it so there are some disturbing parts. Surprise ending!
Mar 15, 2015 Jennifer rated it really liked it
good book, didn't realize it was the first in a series. I'll have to come back to this series.
This was an overall fun read.

Full review to be posted on TheCubicleEscapee.com
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Jan 27, 2016 07:18AM
  • The Last Place She'd Look
  • Love Hurts
  • Savannah Martin Mysteries Boxed Set 1-3 (Savannah Martin mysteries)
  • Kingdom by the Sea
  • In Need of Therapy
  • The Mother Load
  • The Girl, The Gold Tooth, and Everything: A Novel
  • Field of Schemes
  • Between Boyfriends
  • It Happened in Paris
  • Dissolve (Dissolve, #1)
  • A State of Jane
  • The Haunted Fixer Upper (Haunted Renovation Mystery, #2)
  • Brazen Heiress (Brazen, #2)
  • Work for Hire
  • The Taming of The Bastard (Bastard Tales #1)
  • What the Dog Ate
  • Messages
Juliette Sobanet is the award-winning author of five Paris-based romance and mystery novels, four short stories, a book of poetry, and a brand new memoir, Meet Me in Paris. Her books have hit the Top 100 Bestseller Lists on Amazon US, UK, Germany, and France, and her work has been translated into Italian, Romanian, and Turkish, with more on the way. A current blogger for The Huffington Post and a ...more
More about Juliette Sobanet...

Paris Time Travel (2 books)
  • Dancing with Paris (A Paris Time Travel Romance)