Start by marking “Christmas in the Manger Board Book” as Want to Read:
Christmas in the Manger Board Book

Christmas in the Manger Board Book

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  100 ratings  ·  18 reviews
The gentle beauty of the story of the first Christmas is now available as a board book. With a simple, lyrical text and radiant artwork, this book is perfect for the youngest child to be a part of the wonder of the Nativity.
Board Book
Published October 3rd 1998 by HarperFestival (first published October 5th 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Christmas in the Manger Board Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas in the Manger Board Book

Jeanna
Books like this explain why people grow up being so bad at punctuation. Someone at the publishing house should have explained to this author the difference between a comma and a period or a semicolon. Ach. (Sorry, Ms. Buck, but your punctuation here really is bad. There is only one page that doesn't have a comma problem, and I suspect it was just a fluke.)
Carrie
My brother & his family sent this to Lincoln and it is a simple little Christmas book. Lincoln loves to find the shiny star and make the animal noises. Joseph doesn't get any mention, but he is in the background with male pattern baldness. :) It doesn't go into much detail, but who needs that at 15 months? Good little book.
Amanda Snow
A short board book, this one simply introduces key players in the Christmas story. Like, the ram that guards the stall where Jesus was born, the donkey that carried Mary, and the shepherds that keep a holy watch. Everything rhymes nicely and has bright illustrations to keep little eyes on the page. A winner for the young ones!
Mary
Cute little board book from the perspective of the animals, Mary, and baby Jesus (short, rhyming poems from each point-of-view).

Perfect for the Christmas season!
Sherry
It may seem funny that I can be so moved by a simple little board book, but this one captures Christmas in a way that any child can understand and is really sweet.
Terry
The story is melodic, and the rhythm is reminiscent of "Jesus our Brother," a carol we sang as children. The illustrations are great: colorful without being overdone.
Nicole
Even though this is a board book, I loved it! It summarizes the Christmas story in simple terms that easily convey the holiday message to my children.
Anna
Charming illustrations and rhymes show toddlers who was there on the first Christmas night and why we have Christmas as a celebration.
Liz
Simple, easy story about the nativity. Exactly what I was looking for in a Christmas story book for my baby/infant.
Amy
Perfect board book! Got this at the library for 25 cents. I would pay full price for it!
Trish
Apr 05, 2012 Trish rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2010
This is a cute story, but I gave it five stars for sentimental reasons.
Andrea
Sep 29, 2012 Andrea rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: kids
beautiful pictures and to the point! perfect for kids :)
Deanna
Simple yet powerful. Great for ages 2 and under.
Jim
v. sweet, pretty tale of the white Jesus child.
Ann
My nephew liked this, so I guess it works!
Cinhon
Great gift for baby's first Christmas!
Emilysa
Very cute for a first Christmas book.
Deirdre Keating
Xmas gift to Nolie, 08
Lisa
Lisa added it
Nov 19, 2014
Wendi
Wendi marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Carrie
Carrie marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Billie Joy
Billie Joy marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Bj Harrison
Bj Harrison marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
Breanne Brake
Breanne Brake marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
A Christmas Goodnight Oh, Cats! Creepy Crawly Critters and Other Halloween Tongue Twisters: And Other Halloween Tongue Twisters Sid and Sam Hey, Little Baby!