Start by marking “Jode Unforgiven” as Want to Read:
Jode Unforgiven

Jode Unforgiven

When the demon, Ophidian, killed Jode's wife and son, he made the mistake of not killing Jode too. Through sheer willpower, Jode survived the attack. He didn't come out unscathed, though. Turned away at the pearly gates, because of the demon blood coursing through his veins, Jode began a trek to avenge his family. Several hundred years later, he's tracking a team of demons ...more
Kindle Edition
Published June 22nd 2013 by J Ellington Ashton

To ask other readers questions about Jode Unforgiven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jode Unforgiven

Mark Woods
Jul 19, 2013 Mark Woods rated it really liked it
Jode rides out of the wasteland, takes out a few demons, then interrogates the last by torturing him with Holy Water. So begins Jode Unforgiven, a weird western but with a difference!

Jode is like a cross between Clint Eastwood's Man With No Name, Missionary Man from 2000AD, John Constantine and D.C Vertigo's Preacher all rolled into one. He is a veritable anti-hero who is not without his faults but determined to halt the nefarious plans of Satan, Moloch and his various demon henchmen no matter w
R.J. Spears
Oct 26, 2013 R.J. Spears rated it it was amazing
Jode Unforgiven is a very original mash-up of the western and demon genre. Schrier not only gives us a fast-paced, non-stop action story, but also provides the readers a character that they can sink their teeth into. Jode is troubled, talented, tough, and also quite funny. His plight is quite daunting, but he faces it down with bravery and good wit. There were more than a few times that I laughed out loud while I read this book.

There are many moments in this book that are almost cinematic as Sch
Scotty Schrier
Jun 25, 2013 Scotty Schrier rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Well, I'm a little biased, seeing as I wrote it. But I think it's a pretty awesome book. But don't take my word for it. Here's some advanced praise for it...

"Half-way through a preview copy and can't put it down!!!!!!! If you like Weird Westerns, then this book is for YOU! Jode is like D.C Vertigo's Preacher mixed with 2000A.D's Missionary Man with a bit of Judge Dredd, Jonah Hex, John Constantine and Clint Eastwood's Man With No Name thrown in. If a union between Garth Ennis and Clint Eastwood
Danielle Garringer
Jun 30, 2013 Danielle Garringer rated it it was amazing
I am very picky about the books that I read. I tend to stick to one genre and that's about it. Scotty has taken everything I thought I knew about what I liked and changed it. He has this ability to take things that "shouldn't" go together, and makes them work. This book leaves you constantly wanting to know who might come next, what will happen next and how everything will unfold. I highly recommend this book, and all of his other stories!
Lawrence Verigin
Lawrence Verigin rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2014
Ren Thompson
Ren Thompson marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2013
Scotty Schrier grew up in West Texas and New Mexico. After high school, he followed his high school sweetheart to Austin where they lived for the next twelve years. Now he lives in Florida wrangling two sons and trying not to get eaten by mosquitoes or alligators. And when he's had enough coffee, he writes.

His first collection of short stories, Mental Menagerie, is available on Amazon. It is a gen
More about Scotty Schrier...