Start by marking “The Beautiful and the Cursed: Marco's Story (The Dispossessed, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
The Beautiful and the Cursed: Marco's Story (The Dispossessed, #1.5)

The Beautiful and the Cursed: Marco's Story (The Dispossessed #1.5)

For readers of Lauren Kate's Fallen series comes a digital original short story set in the world of The Beautiful and the Cursed that follows Ingrid and Gabby Waverly and the terrifying forces determined to take their lives. Read it before the sequel, The Lovely and the Lost, is available in 2014 from Delacorte Press.

Praise for The Beautiful and the Cursed:

“A deliciously s
Published July 16th 2013 by Delacorte Press (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Beautiful and the Cursed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Beautiful and the Cursed

Frannie Pan
Oct 14, 2014 Frannie Pan rated it it was amazing
Wait, WHAT?!
THAT IS THE ENDING? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

Okay, so. Is this set after The beautiful and the cursed or before? Because it could be both ways. I don't remember Marco saying anything in the first book about not having humans to protect. In fact, I think he did, so probably this happened after the events of the first book.

It was an incredibly short novella (so yeah, maybe 1.99 was not a quite fair price to be honest), though it was just as enticing and interesting as the previous wh
Lucia
Apr 04, 2014 Lucia rated it liked it
Casi paso de largo esta historia corta porque el personaje de Marco no me gustaba mucho en el primer libro, pero al final estuvo bien. Ahora Marco me cae un poquito mejor xD
Holly
So, I'm conflicted.

I was stoked about this novella because I wanted to know what makes Marco tick-- wanted to know his backstory, what happened in his human life that brought about his becoming Dispossessed. I wanted to see more of his character, see something that humanized him a little bit, made him likeable as a character. I mean, I wanted to find a way to like him. But I didn't get that.

I mean, Page Morgan could have done that on purpose, I supposed, to show that there ISN'T anything human l
YA Reads Book Reviews
Aug 01, 2013 YA Reads Book Reviews rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nichole
Originally posted on www.yareads.com, reviewed by Nichole.

I fell in love with The Beautiful and the Cursed by Page Morgan this year…head over heels, gasping for more, crying on the inside because I had about another year to wait for the second book…that kind of love. I actually didn’t know that this short story about Marco was being released. I ended up finding out about it through Twitter, and you can bet your ass that I went and bought it ASAP. This is a really short ebook. It’s only 35 pages,
Stephanie
Nov 26, 2013 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
We were briefly introduced to Marco in The Beautiful and the Cursed and I'll be honest, I didn't like him all that much. But I bought this novella because it would take me back into the world Miss Morgan has created. How could I pass up an opportunity like that? I got caught up in reading other things though and it wasn't until I read my ARC of The Lovely and the Lost that I knew I absolutely had to read this.

This brief look into Marco's world and perspective felt completely true to his charact
Jesslivraddict
Une petite nouvelle sur le personnage de Marco, un personnage que j'avais du mal à cerner dans le tome 1.
Un personnage intéressant et intègre qui ne considère finalement pas qu'être une gargouille soit une malédiction et tient son rôle à protéger ses humains à coeur, même s'il préfère garder de la distance avec eux pour éviter les soucis.
Sauf avec Grace, une servante avec qui il a noué une relation amicale.

La nouvelle est assez brève et ça manque de développement. Pour le coup, je suis vraiment
Spoon
Mar 22, 2015 Spoon rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
It did what it was supposed to. Give more insight into Marco... Kind of. His rigidity with the other gargoyles, it's not reserved for them, it's what he breathes, how he lives.

Is a character that shall not be named going to show up in future...? Huh? Huh??? And like others, I'm a little confused about the time frame. Before or after the first book...? It's 1.5, but it feels like it's before...

Also, I was disappointed when I got to the end because it was so short. I was only at 45% when it ended.
Rebecca
Jun 23, 2014 Rebecca marked it as hmm-maybe
I find it interesting that the author decided to write a short story about Marco, one of the more unlikable characters from The Beautiful and the Cursed. (view spoiler) I'm kind of torn about whether I want to read this or not - on the one hand, I really liked the first book. On the other hand, I really didn't like the second. I think I may see if it's available from th ...more
Danika
Jul 27, 2016 Danika rated it really liked it
Merin
Jul 20, 2013 Merin rated it really liked it
Shelves: novella, read-in-2015
This was actually really intriguing, and provided some nice background for Marco’s actions in the latter two books (particularly why he’s always willing to help Luc even when Luc’s very clearly doing something he shouldn’t.) As some advice, I'd definitely read this one right after the first book instead of waiting until the end of the series like I did, though!
Regina
Jun 25, 2013 Regina rated it it was amazing
Here's my review:

I wasn't sure if I should like or if I could trust Marco in the Beautiful and the Cursed, but after this novella I am a dedicated Marco fan! Official review to be posted on my blog soon! mereadalot.com
Cathie
May 27, 2014 Cathie rated it really liked it
story from The Beautiful and the Cursed
Marco's POV
An episode of when he protects his humans. Set current or just before the arrival of Lady Brickton and family from London. Vander Burke makes an appearance.
Megan
Jul 02, 2013 Megan rated it it was amazing
A must-read for anyone who enjoyed TB&TC. I loved the opportunity to get inside Marco’s head because he is just such a fun character. And guess what?! There is also preview of “The Lovely and the Lost” at the end of this novella! Eek! Now the waiting for Book 2 begins…
Colleen Scidmore
I am glad there was a book just for Marco. It gave me a little more insight on him, and he seemed like he had a bit of humanity still inside him. I wish the book had been a bit longer and I hope Marco gets to play a bigger part in the second Dispossessed Book. I definitely like this series!
Aydrea
Dec 23, 2013 Aydrea rated it it was amazing
Loved getting background on Marco and see some more of Vander :)
Alison Beechner
Not a bad short. I hope there is more for Marco in book 2.
Renee
poor Marco. that's all I have to say about that.

this did help tide me over while waiting for book 2. Sooo tempted to read the sneek peek of it at the end, but I wont.
Out_of_Bounds Reading
Sep 06, 2013 Out_of_Bounds Reading rated it really liked it
I liked seeing a different side to Marco.
Shabnam
Shabnam rated it really liked it
Feb 26, 2014
Ananth Menta
Ananth Menta rated it really liked it
Oct 08, 2013
Merry Rose
Merry Rose rated it liked it
Jul 24, 2015
Julia
Julia rated it really liked it
May 17, 2014
Cassie C
Cassie C rated it really liked it
Jul 03, 2013
jd
jd rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2014
Ramona Pimentel
Ramona Pimentel rated it it was amazing
Nov 24, 2014
Jenn
Jenn rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2015
Nicole
Nicole rated it it was ok
Feb 27, 2014
Luz
Luz rated it liked it
Apr 06, 2015
Jenny
Jenny rated it liked it
Sep 17, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Harmonic (Dissonance, #1.5)
  • Our Souls to Keep (Our Souls to Keep, #1)
  • Pazuzu's Girl
  • The Double Life of Incorporate Things (Magic Most Foul, #3)
  • The HP Mallory Set: Jolie Wilkins Books 1 & 2 / Dulcie O'Neil Books 1 & 2
  • Ward Against Darkness (Chronicles of a Reluctant Necromancer #2)
  • The First Star to Fall (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #1.5)
  • Strikeforce (Skyship Academy, #3)
  • Portrait of a Marshal: The 2nd Unhidden Story (Starters, #1.25)
  • Inception (The Reaping Chronicles, #1)
  • The Department of Alterations (Crewel World, #0.5)
  • Useless Wings (Tin Star, #0.5)
  • Of Phantoms and Fury (Of Monsters and Madness, #2)
  • Doctor Who: The Eye of the Jungle
  • The Undying Legion (Crown & Key, #2)
  • The Girl in the Gray Sweatshirt (Immortal Game, #0.5)
  • Forever Young and Beautiful (Mount Roxby, #2)
  • The Witch's Betrayal (The Assassin's Curse #0.5)
I'm the author of the YA Gothic thrillers THE BEAUTIFUL & THE CURSED, THE LOVELY & THE LOST, and THE WONDROUS & THE WICKED. I've been intrigued by les grotesques ever since I saw an old, black-and-white photograph of a Notre Dame gargoyle keeping watch over the city of Paris. I wanted to tell that gargoyle's story. Soon, the idea for The Dispossessed series was born.

I live in New Engla
More about Page Morgan...

The Dispossessed (3 books)
  • The Beautiful and the Cursed (The Dispossessed, #1)
  • The Lovely and the Lost (The Dispossessed, #2)
  • The Wondrous and the Wicked (The Dispossessed, #3)