Start by marking “Nightbound (Lords of the Darkyn #3)” as Want to Read:
Nightbound (Lords of the Darkyn #3)

Nightbound (Lords of the Darkyn #3)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  359 ratings  ·  42 reviews
New York Times bestselling author Lynn Viehl continues her captivating Lords of the Darkyn saga, as a warrior of hidden legacy is finally allowed to enter the fray….

ebook
Published May 7th 2013 by Penguin Group (USA)

To ask other readers questions about Nightbound, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nightbound

Clare O'Beara
Once a Knight Templar, now one of the Darkyn, Beaumaris is no stranger to battle. He lives in a garrison in Florida, where his fellows muse about electricity tithes as they try to keep pace with the world around them. Then he's sent to keep an eye on an archaeological dig. Professor Alys Stuart, who's determined to make her name, has students to supervise and no time to talk to strange security men. And why will Beau only allow work to proceed at night?

Swampy ground means that human burials dete
Margaret
***New York Times***** bestselling author Lynn Viehl continues her captivating Lords of the Darkyn saga, as a warrior of hidden legacy is finally allowed to enter the fray…. **

Beaumaris of York has many secrets. No human can know that he’s an immortal Darkyn assigned to Knight’s Realm, the Kyn stronghold disguised as a medieval theme park. And none of his brethren can discover that he’s a half-breed, rescued from slavery as a child. Lately Beau has been yearning for action—and he’s about to fin
Theresa
The conclusion to the ‘Lords of the Darklyn’ series. Dr. Alys Stuart is an archeologist specializing in Templar treasures. She‘s being funded by the Hylord company on an excavation in central Florida to search for any evidence of a Templars presence. Beaumaris of York has been ordered my Michael to supervise her. But their first meeting is very revealing and combative, creating an instant rift.

Right off the bat I didn’t like Beau’s inconsiderate manner with Alys. He’s definitely not a gentlema
Barbara ★
I was happy with the conclusion of the Lords of the Darkyn series though I would surely like to see Richard Tremayne get his comeuppance (what a pain in the butt he is!) In this one, human archaeologist Alys Stuart is in charge of a dig in Florida funded by Tremayne. Alys is in search of Templar artifacts while Tremayne is hoping she'll uncover the Emeralds of Eternity which are still up for grabs. To cement his position Tremayne sends Beaumaris York to spy on Alys and her crew. Of course, Beau ...more
Dark Faerie Tales
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales.

Quick & Dirty: Vampires, Knights, Archaeologist, Buried Treasure and Traitors, need I say more?

Opening Sentence: Sunken black eyes peered out of the two-inch view slot in the copper door.

The Review:

Sometimes a story will grip you from the opening sentence and other times you could read 300 pages and still be waiting for an “Aha” moment. Nightbound was definitely a gripping tale. This story is part of a larger world of the Darkyn that Ms. Viehl has created
Helyce
Reviewed for www.smexybooks.com

As we continue the search for the Emeralds of Eternity we meet Dr. Alys Stuart. Alys is a young and brilliant archeologist whose theories on the Knights Templar have brought her to the attention of Richard Tremayne. Richard wants to possess the Emeralds, so when he learns that Alys may have discovered their hiding place; he sponsors a dig and hires Alys to lead it. Alys is thrilled with this opportunity. She’s well aware that her theories on the Templars are not we
Robin Priddy
This is the third installment of Ms Viehl's Lords of the Darkyn series. Fans of Ms Viehl will enjoy this book. In this book we even learn a little bit of history about the Knights of the Templar. The hero and heroine are perfect for each other. I can't wait to see what Ms Viehl will bring us next.
Dr Alys Stuart is an archaeologist. Her work is centered around the Knights of the Templar. She believes that some of the knights went to Spain and came to America with the Spanish priest. She is in Fl
Diane
I loved Nightbound, the latest book in Lynn Viehl’s Lords of the Darkyn series. This one stars Beaumaris, from the Knight’s Realm, and Dr. Alys Stewart. Beaumaris is Darkyn, one of the Knights Templar who were cursed (or blessed, depending upon your perspective) with immortality. Alys, an archeologist, is on the cusp of discovering what she believes is the Fountain of Youth; the Darkyn believe she is actually about to discover the Emeralds of Immortality that can, as the name suggests, make anyo ...more
Aurian Booklover
High Lord Richard Tremayne is still looking for the Smiths’ jewels. He never stops scheming, and now he has appointed Beaumaris of York to oversee an archeological dig. Beau is sworn to the service of Lady Jayr mac Byrne, Suzeraina of Knights Realm Stronghold in Orlando, Florida. Her Seneschal Aedan mac Byrne is not pleased that Beau is supposed to hunt traitors to the Kyn, renegade tresora in secret, he would prefer a full out battle.

Beau is to protect and aid the archaeologist Dr. Alys Stuart
Marsha
First, if you haven't read the previous stories of Simone and whats-her-name, there will be much confusion. I grabbed this novel thinking it was a continuation of what I'd read, it's not. I'm usually not a huge fan of explaining characters and past events in a series novel but I understand it is often called for and I could have used it here. That being said...

As for the main events, the two main characters are uninteresting. Alys claims she's special but the evidence for that is minimal especi
Faswop
This story was just plain weird, but it was also fun in the way of Medieval Times kind of way. It was definitely a unique and different take on vampires. I haven't read anything else by this author, so this story took a bit to sort out the how's and whys. The characters were interesting and the story moved right along tying everything up nicely in the end. I don't think I'll be reading anything else by this author, but it was a fun foray into a very imaginative twist on vampires.
Francesca Rock

Honestly? I'm a bit relieved this series is over and that I'm done with this world. After the original Darkyn series ended I wasn't sure about reading the Kyndred and then this. This world definitely took an odd turn.

This book was okay - certainly not great by any means, nor was it completely horrible. I guess it was kind of an epic ending to the world of the Darkyn (that's not a spoiler, I just mean in terms of her writing this series) - but I would have also liked to see something from the be
Cindy
God I love these books...The Darkyn, the Kyndred, the Lords of the Darkyn all are intertwined and yet can be read as a stand alone novel. Dr. Alys Stuart is an archaeologist on a mission, Beaumaris of York is an immortal sent to work with Alys on her latest project: the recovery of Emeralds said to possess immortality giving magic. Alys just wants to prove that Templar Knights are the first ones who came to the new world all those years ago, Beau is on a mission to recover those emeralds for the ...more
Elissa
BRAVO!! This exceed my expectations! The suspense, action & romance were amazing! Plus all the old characters I got to read about again the only one I wiah would of made an appereance was Michael Cyprien! oh well one day I hope I get a novella or something about him.
Diana
Liked it but not as much as I'd hoped to. I am invested in the large cast of past-book characters and always look forward to visiting the world of the Darkyn. Viehl can be so uneven, though, and that is frustrating. The narrative here jumps around too much even for someone who's familiar with the lore. The MCs are newish to the clan and not nearly as interesting as the heavy hitters in the earlier books. Well, what I really want to say is that I've already forgotten the h/h because they're not s ...more
Preeti
I'm giving this a four because I found the main characters interesting and the romance nicely done. The plot, however, didn't live up to its promise. There's a treasure hunt afoot for a mystical artifact. In play are good guys, bad guys, worse guys and a mysterious entity manipulating many of the characters.

I guess I was hoping all these initial thrills and chills would lead to a more dramatic payoff in the end, but somehow I just didn't feel it. Ending too rushed? With too many barely-remember
Darcy
I am surprised that I liked this one as much as I did because I didn't care for Alys. She seemed so much like a robot. I was on the fence with Beau. I did like all the action at the Knights of the Relm. I hated what Jayr went through and all the betrayals that she went through. Towards the end I started to get whiplash with the people and if they were good or bad and with who was related with who. I did like the ending with the ceremony, not what you usually see with the Kyn.
Meh..

Not the best I've read by her... book was confusing at parts; didn't really like the ending. Though, that might be because it has been so long since I read the earlier books and don't remember who most of the characters at the end were or the significance.
Lori Reed
I love reading about Viehl's Darkyns! I like a little historical background with my stories and she delivers every time. Although it's a little hard to believe that a race of immortals has a stronghold disguised as a medieval theme park, it still gets the job done. As always there is lots of action and adventure that accentuates Beau and Alys's romance. Always a pleasure!
Monty Cupcake
I'd really like another Dakyn book. I know this one tied up all the loose ends from the beginning of this series, but I feel unfulfilled somehow. I think there needs to be an epilogue, like showing Richard having a tantrum when he gets the news.
Tricia
I don't love this spinoff series by Viehl. The Darkyn books are so much more interesting. And the mystical/magical theme running through this particular trilogy was annoying. Not that a vampire book isn't already supernatural, but it at least followed a specific set of rules. Now there are ghosts, visions, magical gems, etc. Meh.
Andi
It did a pretty good job at tying the storyline up. But now I feel the need to go back and reread some of the first books. I cannot remember some of the details from the first series, and I know these are supposed to be a stand alone trilogy, but it helps knowing the back story.
Kathy Gardner
I always find these Darkyn stories to be fanciful and edgy, with a touch of innocence. I couldn't wait to turn the page to find out what would be happening next. There were a few "stretches" in the story. Author privilege, I guess, but it didn't detract from the plot.
Nikki
The writing style is confusing and doesn't flow well for me. The sentences weren't clean and informative, instead they were long and strangely worded. Some were even random and out of place.

I barely made it to Chapter 2 before I had to walk away.

Merideth
I really like this series. However this book had about every character we have ever met in it. trying to keep them straight made my head spin. I did like the main characters. However I felt like having so many character took away from the story.
Tracey
Another wonderful story from this author, a burst of medieval mayhem in the modern world. Lush Kyn (vampire) characters blend the mythical with the mundane in an epic tale of good vs evil. This paranormal story contains adult themes.
Connie Easlick
This is a very good book and they seem to get better with every book in the series.
This book has some good twists and turns in the end that I liked and you will, too!
Enjoy the story of Beaumaris and Alys!!
Deelylah Mullin
This is my favorite Lords of the Darkyn. Sad it's only a trilogy, but I now understand why! Alys will be on my list of favorite heroines for 2013! Full review 5/2/13 at twimom227.com
Shannon
The characters didn't click with me as they have done previously in the series. I think it would be better to read the 2 previous books at least to really grasp what's going on.
Robin
This is good. The story was really exciting and as always really good characters. I always look forward to these books.

Really good narration by Johanna Parker
Book Haven: Win a prize Pack from Lynn Viehl 1 4 May 13, 2013 08:22AM
  • Hunter's Fall (The Hunters, #13)
  • Eternal Demon (Mark of the Vampire, #5)
  • Forever (The World of Nightwalkers, #2)
  • Elysian Fields (Sentinels of New Orleans, #3)
  • Super Dark 3 (Super Dark, #3)
  • Darkness Avenged (Guardians of Eternity, #10)
  • The Cursed (The Unearthly, #3)
  • My Lady Mage (Warriors of the Mist, #1)
  • Mark of the Witch (The Portal, #1)
  • Hell Inc.
  • Rebel (The Fallen, #4)
  • The Waking (Ruin, #1)
  • Heart of Stone (Gargoyles, #1)
  • Legend of the Highland Dragon (Highland Dragon, #1)
  • Dead on Delivery (Messenger, #2)
  • Hunter's Heart (Alpha Pack, #4)
  • Agave Kiss (Corine Solomon, #5)
  • Wicked Memories (Castle of Dark Dreams, #7)
Also see S.L. Viehl, Gena Hale, Jessica Hall. Rebecca Kelly.

She writes mostly novels in a variety of genres and under several pseudonyms. Among them are science fiction (as S. L. Viehl), romantic fiction (as Lynn Viehl, Gena Hale, and Jessica Hall), and Christian fiction (as Rebecca Kelly). She has described herself as primarily a writer of romance: no matter what genre she is working in, an eleme
More about Lynn Viehl...

Lords of the Darkyn (3 books)
  • Nightborn (Lords of the Darkyn, #1)
  • Nightbred (Lords of the Darkyn, #2)
If Angels Burn (Darkyn, #1) Night Lost (Darkyn, #4) Private Demon (Darkyn, #2) Dark Need (Darkyn, #3) Evermore (Darkyn, #5)