Start by marking “Wanted (Mingo McCloud, #1)” as Want to Read:
Wanted (Mingo McCloud, #1)

Wanted (Mingo McCloud #1)

3.96  ·  Rating Details  ·  129 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Honolulu forensic accountant Mingo McCloud's lover has cheated on him again. To escape his heartbreak, a severely depressed Mingo moves to the North Shore of Oahu. Eager to start a new life and to forget, Mingo soon learns that Turtle Bay might be the home of big surf, but it also has even bigger secrets. He catches the eye of a mysterious stranger, Jason, a sexy lone wolf ...more
ebook, 2nd Edition
Published June 11th 2013 by Amber Allure (first published January 15th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Wanted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wanted

Vivian
Jul 18, 2013 Vivian rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica-contemp, fr
Woof! This is the sort of story that starts slow and finishes with a Bang!

There's a lot of character introductions in this first of the series. For the most part it is smooth, there were a few places where a couple of turns of phrase had me scratching my head, but I soldiered on and it was soo worth it.

Mingo, aka Michael McCloud, is lovable and clever. Near perfect since he seems to be oblivious to his sweetness, alas it means he also attracts dickheads. Fresh out of a bad relationship he's lic
Christy Duke
Oct 22, 2013 Christy Duke rated it it was amazing
I will totally admit that I wanted to read this book, because I wanted to meet a character named Mingo. In all my years of reading, in all the various genres, this was the first Mingo I had ever met. Needless to say, I was hoping the character was as quirky as the name. Of course, for all I know, Mingo could be a very common name in Hawaii, and I'm just making myself out to be an idiot. Wouldn't be the first time! *snort* 'Wanted' is the first book in a new series by A.J. Llewellyn and I was ver ...more
Serena Yates
Jan 11, 2010 Serena Yates rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay
* SPOILER ALERT after second paragraph * Wow, what a wild ride this one was. I loved it from the beginning to the end. There are few mystery-type books I like, but this is definitely one of them.

Mingo is a forensic accountant and still hung up on his ex-lover whom he caught sleeping with another man. He runs into a man called Jason at a bakery and they start a love affair, even though Jason claims to be straight and is reluctant at first. When Mingo catches him going through his stuff he calls i
Becky Condit
Aug 15, 2013 Becky Condit rated it it was amazing
Please comment on Kiwi's 5 sweet pea review at http://mrsconditreadsbooks.com/index....

I will start off by saying that this story was strange. It was a great story, but some of the situations were really, really strange. So, let me start at the deep end of the pool with this. Okay, picture it: Mingo, his best friend Leilani, Mingo’s love interest Jason and Leilani’s girlfriend (actual girlfriend and not her BFF) Lucy, all take a late night trip to the police station to give their statements on
Jamie
Mar 31, 2014 Jamie rated it really liked it
Recommended to Jamie by: Carissa
This was 3.5 stars but I'm rounding up because it held my interest. It was just a BIT too crazy though. And (view spoiler). I did think the missing person mystery and the "mystery" of Jason run ...more
Bogusia
Oct 21, 2012 Bogusia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm rereading this series because I love Mingo so much :)
Maame
Sep 23, 2013 Maame rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I read books 2 to 6 because l am one of those people that like to read series starting with the second book and then if l like the couple and their story l will go back and find the first book of how they started. I feel like the start of every romance is the same it is what happen after the initial attraction that makes a relationship. I love stories about established couples. But l digress. I loved all the follow up books but when l went back to find book 1 it was out of print or whatever but ...more
Anatheia
Mingo is an interesting guy and it's quite refreshing to see another kind of job. I never heard of forensics accountant.
The pacing was pretty fast and it felt like too much sometimes. I didn't like Jason at all, he gave me the creeps. I love Francois, but his arrival was botched and I would have loved to read more and more about him.
I will probably read the next book because I want to see of them. I hope I won't be disappointed.
Nicola
Jan 10, 2015 Nicola rated it it was amazing
I really thought that Mingo and Jason would have made a good couple but they didn't really inspire me. Still I kept on reading because the author is really good and once Francois entered the picture I just knew he was the one. Loved this book!
Lexi Ander
Apr 11, 2011 Lexi Ander rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Lexi by: Cori
Shelves: novella
There is something about Minog McCloud that I fell in love with. So much went on in such a short space of time. I was soooo disappointed with Jason and then Benny until the introduction of the mysterious and dangerous Francois.

Good God. Had it really come to this? That I was hiring the world's craziest former superspy to investigate a guy I was hoping to quit loving before it was too late?

Francois was freaking awesome. *sigh*

Needless to say, I couldn't wait to get to book two.
Eyre
Nov 11, 2013 Eyre rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, lgbt
I have quickly become a fan of A.J. Llewellyn's writing. I picked this one up after I read and loved his Honeybone series, and I was not the least bit disappointed in this first book about Mingo McCloud. I enjoy this author's characters, and I also enjoy the settings that he has chosen. My only complaint has to do with one of my pet peeves--unprotected sex. Mingo has unprotected sex with two different people in this book, and that distracted me from the story just a bit.
Nicci
A story heavy on MM Romance with a mystery subplot.

But this is mostly about Mingo attempts at forgetting his previous lover while engaging in satisfying his needs. He was pretty much at a stall when it comes to relationships until he meets Jason. The problem, Jason isn't exactly who he say he is. Can Mingo handle the answers he will find.

Light, entertaining, steamy hot scenes. I think Mingo has found his one and truly.
Jess
Sep 03, 2011 Jess rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I cant believe I waited so long to read these!!!

I love Mingo.

However I have to admit that I felt a bit sorry for Jamie and his fate at the end.

The story was fun and 100% AJ Llewellyn at his best. I have a real soft spot for any of his Hawaiian stories because he mixes a perfect blend of mystery/mythology and setting. Reading any of AJL's books makes me want to hop on a plane and go to Hawaii.

Lee Brazil
Dec 19, 2010 Lee Brazil rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
I think I'm going to need to read the rest of the series. And I think I really liked Jason, damn it (but then, I really, really liked Francois, too, so it's all good)...and I want to go to Hawaii.
LDL
Sep 01, 2011 LDL rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rereading this series to add on the last book. I had forgotten how much set up there is for the character and the series in this one, yet it felt like a complete story. On to the next!
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by:Vivian
Genre: M/M Contemporary
Rated: 4 hearts

Check out the review at: Hearts On Fire Reviews
Janean
Read as part of my QGB Q3 Challenge picked by Sarah. Again, another great start to a series. I know I am just going to love Mingo's adventures!
Christina
3.5 stars for the hot sex between Francois and Mingo and the jealous scenes ^^
Indigo
Sep 09, 2011 Indigo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, policier
Coltostallion
Coltostallion rated it it was ok
May 02, 2016
Ori
Ori added it
Mar 27, 2016
Zachary
Zachary rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2016
David
David added it
Mar 03, 2016
Ilani K.wise
Ilani K.wise marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2016
Ochie
Ochie rated it liked it
Dec 06, 2015
Mother
Mother added it
Nov 12, 2015
Ruby Việt
Ruby Việt marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2015
  • Amor En Retrogrado (Bill Turner, #1)
  • Deadly Dreams (Deadly Mystery, #3)
  • Personal Demons
  • The Cross of Sins (Fathom's Five, #1)
  • The Haunting of St. Xavier
  • In the Flesh (Flesh, #1)
  • The Archer
  • Maloney's Law (Maloney's Law #1)
  • Sins of the Father
  • Freeman
  • The Nourisher (Border Worlds Saga, #1)
  • Three Nick Nowak Mysteries (Boystown #1)
  • Touching Evil
  • Bring The Heat
  • Amuse Bouche (A Russell Quant Mystery, #1)
  • Blood Pond (Blood Pond, #1)
  • Somatesthesia
  • The 38 Million Dollar Smile (Donald Strachey, #10)
1914286
A.J. Llewellyn lives in California, but dreams of living in Hawaii. Frequent trips to all the islands, bags of Kona coffee in the fridge and a healthy collection of Hawaiian records keep this writer refueled.

A.J’s passion for the islands led to writing a play about the last ruling monarch of Hawaii, Queen Lili’uokalani as well as a non-erotic novel about the overthrow of her kingdom written in dia
More about A.J. Llewellyn...

Mingo McCloud (6 books)
  • Needed (Mingo McCloud, #2)
  • Bonded (Mingo McCloud, #3)
  • Mated (Mingo McCloud, #4)
  • Fixated (Mingo McCloud, #5)
  • Manacled (Mingo McCloud, #6)