Start by marking “Wanted (Mingo McCloud, #1)” as Want to Read:
Wanted (Mingo McCloud, #1)

Wanted (Mingo McCloud #1)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  117 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Honolulu forensic accountant Mingo McCloud's lover has cheated on him again. To escape his heartbreak, a severely depressed Mingo moves to the North Shore of Oahu. Eager to start a new life and to forget, Mingo soon learns that Turtle Bay might be the home of big surf, but it also has even bigger secrets. He catches the eye of a mysterious stranger, Jason, a sexy lone wolf ...more
ebook, 2nd Edition
Published June 11th 2013 by Amber Allure (first published January 15th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Wanted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wanted

Vivian Archer
Woof! This is the sort of story that starts slow and finishes with a Bang!

There's a lot of character introductions in this first of the series. For the most part it is smooth, there were a few places where a couple of turns of phrase had me scratching my head, but I soldiered on and it was soo worth it.

Mingo, aka Michael McCloud, is lovable and clever. Near perfect since he seems to be oblivious to his sweetness, alas it means he also attracts dickheads. Fresh out of a bad relationship he's lic
Christy Loves 2 Read
I will totally admit that I wanted to read this book, because I wanted to meet a character named Mingo. In all my years of reading, in all the various genres, this was the first Mingo I had ever met. Needless to say, I was hoping the character was as quirky as the name. Of course, for all I know, Mingo could be a very common name in Hawaii, and I'm just making myself out to be an idiot. Wouldn't be the first time! *snort* 'Wanted' is the first book in a new series by A.J. Llewellyn and I was ver ...more
Serena Yates
* SPOILER ALERT after second paragraph * Wow, what a wild ride this one was. I loved it from the beginning to the end. There are few mystery-type books I like, but this is definitely one of them.

Mingo is a forensic accountant and still hung up on his ex-lover whom he caught sleeping with another man. He runs into a man called Jason at a bakery and they start a love affair, even though Jason claims to be straight and is reluctant at first. When Mingo catches him going through his stuff he calls i
Mrs Condit & Friends Read Books
Please comment on Kiwi's 5 sweet pea review at http://mrsconditreadsbooks.com/index....

I will start off by saying that this story was strange. It was a great story, but some of the situations were really, really strange. So, let me start at the deep end of the pool with this. Okay, picture it: Mingo, his best friend Leilani, Mingo’s love interest Jason and Leilani’s girlfriend (actual girlfriend and not her BFF) Lucy, all take a late night trip to the police station to give their statements on
Jamie
Mar 31, 2014 Jamie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Jamie by: Carissa
This was 3.5 stars but I'm rounding up because it held my interest. It was just a BIT too crazy though. And (view spoiler). I did think the missing person mystery and the "mystery" of Jason run ...more
Bogusia
I'm rereading this series because I love Mingo so much :)
Maame
I read books 2 to 6 because l am one of those people that like to read series starting with the second book and then if l like the couple and their story l will go back and find the first book of how they started. I feel like the start of every romance is the same it is what happen after the initial attraction that makes a relationship. I love stories about established couples. But l digress. I loved all the follow up books but when l went back to find book 1 it was out of print or whatever but ...more
Anatheia
Mingo is an interesting guy and it's quite refreshing to see another kind of job. I never heard of forensics accountant.
The pacing was pretty fast and it felt like too much sometimes. I didn't like Jason at all, he gave me the creeps. I love Francois, but his arrival was botched and I would have loved to read more and more about him.
I will probably read the next book because I want to see of them. I hope I won't be disappointed.
Lexi Ander
Apr 11, 2011 Lexi Ander rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Lexi by: Cori
Shelves: novella
There is something about Minog McCloud that I fell in love with. So much went on in such a short space of time. I was soooo disappointed with Jason and then Benny until the introduction of the mysterious and dangerous Francois.

Good God. Had it really come to this? That I was hiring the world's craziest former superspy to investigate a guy I was hoping to quit loving before it was too late?

Francois was freaking awesome. *sigh*

Needless to say, I couldn't wait to get to book two.
Eyre
I have quickly become a fan of A.J. Llewellyn's writing. I picked this one up after I read and loved his Honeybone series, and I was not the least bit disappointed in this first book about Mingo McCloud. I enjoy this author's characters, and I also enjoy the settings that he has chosen. My only complaint has to do with one of my pet peeves--unprotected sex. Mingo has unprotected sex with two different people in this book, and that distracted me from the story just a bit.
Nicci
A story heavy on MM Romance with a mystery subplot.

But this is mostly about Mingo attempts at forgetting his previous lover while engaging in satisfying his needs. He was pretty much at a stall when it comes to relationships until he meets Jason. The problem, Jason isn't exactly who he say he is. Can Mingo handle the answers he will find.

Light, entertaining, steamy hot scenes. I think Mingo has found his one and truly.
Jess
I cant believe I waited so long to read these!!!

I love Mingo.

However I have to admit that I felt a bit sorry for Jamie and his fate at the end.

The story was fun and 100% AJ Llewellyn at his best. I have a real soft spot for any of his Hawaiian stories because he mixes a perfect blend of mystery/mythology and setting. Reading any of AJL's books makes me want to hop on a plane and go to Hawaii.

Lee Brazil
I think I'm going to need to read the rest of the series. And I think I really liked Jason, damn it (but then, I really, really liked Francois, too, so it's all good)...and I want to go to Hawaii.
LDL
Rereading this series to add on the last book. I had forgotten how much set up there is for the character and the series in this one, yet it felt like a complete story. On to the next!
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by:Vivian
Genre: M/M Contemporary
Rated: 4 hearts

Check out the review at: Hearts On Fire Reviews
Janean
Read as part of my QGB Q3 Challenge picked by Sarah. Again, another great start to a series. I know I am just going to love Mingo's adventures!
Christina
3.5 stars for the hot sex between Francois and Mingo and the jealous scenes ^^
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Kerry Taylor
Kerry Taylor marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Ruth
Ruth marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Dianna
Dianna added it
Nov 15, 2014
Sydney
Sydney is currently reading it
Oct 10, 2014
Gingerjab
Gingerjab marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2014
Ciari
Ciari marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Megan L Harnett
Megan L Harnett marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Maloney's Law (Maloney's Law #1)
  • Personal Demons
  • The Back Stairs (Sundown, #1)
  • Deadly Dreams (Deadly Mystery, #3)
  • Collusion (Diversion #2)
  • Never Let Go (Always, #1)
  • Boystown: Three Nick Nowak Mysteries (Boystown #1)
  • Sins of Arrogance (Creatures of Sin, #1)
  • Heart To Hart (Gaslight Mysteries, #1)
  • All She Wrote (Holmes & Moriarity, #2)
  • Portrait Of A Kiss (Southern Beaus #1)
  • In the Flesh (Flesh, #1)
  • Blood Pond (Blood Pond, #1)
  • The Haunting of St. Xavier
  • The Archer
  • Amor En Retrogrado (Bill Turner, #1)
  • Canines, Crosshairs And Corpses
  • The 38 Million Dollar Smile (Donald Strachey, #10)
1914286
A.J. Llewellyn lives in California, but dreams of living in Hawaii. Frequent trips to all the islands, bags of Kona coffee in the fridge and a healthy collection of Hawaiian records keep this writer refueled.

A.J’s passion for the islands led to writing a play about the last ruling monarch of Hawaii, Queen Lili’uokalani as well as a non-erotic novel about the overthrow of her kingdom written in dia
More about A.J. Llewellyn...
A Vampire in Waikiki (Vampire in Waikiki, #1) Tall, Mean & Darkly (Tall, Mean & Darkly #1) Blood Eclipse (Blood Eclipse, #1) Mirrors (Mirrors, #1) Black Point (Black Point, #1)