Start by marking “One Hot Scot (Scandalous Highlanders, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
One Hot Scot (Scandalous Highlanders, #0.5)

One Hot Scot (Scandalous Highlanders 0.5)

A Special Holiday Story!

While attending her aunt's wedding in Inverness, Julia Prentiss is literally swept off her feet by a man who kidnaps her for her fortune. Julia manages to escape from his estate in the Highlands, only to find herself alone, lost, and hunted in a strange land. When she stumbles across a naked man in a lake, she thinks her luck has gone from bad to wo
Published October 1st 2013 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about One Hot Scot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Hot Scot

No Good Duke Goes Unpunished by Sarah MacLeanDuke of Midnight by Elizabeth HoytThe Sum of All Kisses by Julia QuinnThe Wicked Deeds of Daniel Mackenzie by Jennifer AshleySomewhere to Dream by Genevieve Graham
2013 Historical Romance (July - December)
107th out of 242 books — 579 voters
Bound by the Buccaneer by Normandie AllemanRescued by the Buccaneer by Normandie AllemanThe Governess Affair by Courtney MilanA Mackenzie Family Christmas by Jennifer AshleyThe Duke's Match Girl by Lila DiPasqua
Historical Romance Novellas
73rd out of 226 books — 149 voters

More lists with this book...

Elle
Oct 18, 2014 Elle rated it it was ok
2 stars

This is an honest review. Spoiler alert. You've been warned.

Julia flirted with Bellamy. Turned out he's a bad guy so he kidnapped her and wanted to get her into an arranged marriage for her dowry. She refused so she escaped. Then her horse left her alone somewhere deserted until she stumbled upon naked hot highlander by the lake. Duncan brought her to somewhere safety, listened to her bad situation, protected her, and had her. Then, he brought her to his home, declared his love for her, a
Susan (susayq ~)
What a great little introduction to a new series by Suzanne Enoch.

I liked that Julia was brave enough to run away from the scoundrel who abducted her and tried to force her to marry him. I also liked that Duncan was man enough to stand up to the scumbag. It didn't hurt that Duncan didn't like him in the first place.

ARC provided by the publisher via Netgalley
Elis Madison
Mar 13, 2014 Elis Madison rated it liked it
Novella. Premise—Julia has just escaped a bride-snatching Scottish earl, who danced with her at a ball, and played on her sympathies to get her to go outside with him “for some air.” She woke up awhile later, bound and gagged in a carriage heading north, and when she refused to marry him despite the fact that he’d ruined her by letting on that they’d eloped, he was about to get rapey when she ran for it. Naturally, she then got bucked off the horse she stole, and it ran off. Now she’s stumbling ...more
Ruth
Completely ridiculous, but also fluffily wonderful at the same time.
Diana
Oct 24, 2013 Diana rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
One Hot Scot by Suzanne Enoch

*I received a free ARC via Netgalley in exchange of an honest review*

I really like Suzanne Enoch and have read other works by her. She is a fun author. Her characters always have great chemistry and she is a great storyteller. Even the “One Hot Scott” is no exception. Although it's a novella and only 50 pages the story is still enjoyable, although short.

In 50 pages she gives us a heroine and hero with a villain to add intrigue to
Didi
A young lass on the run from the fortune hunter hell-bent to ruin and marry her found rescue in the arm of her kidnapper's neighbor instead.
A Sassenach and Highlander (insta)love story, with two witty and strong-headed characters. Heck, let's face it: Duncan Lenox wore kilt! That alone would gain my approval. *grins*
Tracy's Place
May 16, 2014 Tracy's Place rated it really liked it
Adorable!
Nancy H
Oct 11, 2016 Nancy H rated it liked it
A quick and fun read, this story requires the reader to suspend disbelief, and just go along for the ride.
Cinzia
Nov 02, 2013 Cinzia rated it liked it

A nice short novel for a pleasant and quick reading, especially for those who love the genre historical romance set in the Highlands, complete with kilts, clan etc.
I liked very much the first part of the story, for its style full of humor by the way it was written; Julia, the female protagonist, as well as being smart, determined and courageous, is also very funny in the way she thinks and deal with everything that happened to her and she finds a good match in Duncan, the handsome Highlander.

Whi
Fran
Oct 04, 2016 Fran rated it liked it
3.5

Alexis
Sep 21, 2016 Alexis rated it really liked it
For a short 50 page novella, this was about as good as it can get. I immediately fell in love with the characters, and the land. It was sweet, and a little bit steamy. There was a small bit of conflict, but the conflict didn't overpower the romance at all. Yes it was very much an insta-love thing. But, you can't do much more with a short story. My only wish is that it had been a full length novel. I would have loved to see more of Juli and Duncan. I would have enjoyed seeing a love between these ...more
Callixta
Nov 23, 2013 Callixta rated it really liked it

Suzanne Enoch écrit depuis longtemps et si elle a souvent choisi des romances légères où elle n’hésitait pas à faire anachronismes et blagues pour amuser les lecteurs, depuis quelques temps, sa romance a changé est devenue plus sérieuse. Avec cette nouvelle, elle montre un autre de ses talents avec le début d’une saga écossaise. Nous voilà dans les Highlands avec séduisants représentants des mâles locaux en kilt ( ou sans.. ) ; C’est plaisant, et très enco
Jaclyn
I’m a huge fan of Suzanne Enoch’s historicals, and I was super excited for this little holiday novella, although at the time I did not know it was a novella. I was a disappointed that this was such as short read as I was hoping to dive right into a full-length historical.

Julia Prentiss has been kidnapped while attending her aunt’s wedding in Scotland. Julia has a rather large dowry and one impoverished Scottish lord plans on capitalizing on that by kidnapping and marrying her. Luckily, Julia is
Amy Alvis
Aug 26, 2016 Amy Alvis rated it liked it
Originally reviewed for: Historical Romance Lover blog

This is book 0.5 in her Scandalous Highlanders series.

Julia Prentiss is wondering the woods trying to get away from the man that kidnapped her from her aunt's wedding. She comes across a man emerging from a lake and he is NAKED! She can't believe what she is seeing. She doesn't know whether to hide and ask the man for help.

Duncan Lenox feels obligated to help when he comes across the stranded lady. He has been out trying to find when is killi
Farrah
Dec 02, 2013 Farrah rated it it was amazing
An absolutely wonderful novella, One Hot Scot was a fantastic historical romance read. I loved this lovely romance. It was fantastic.

Julia was a heroine who wasn't about to forced into anything. She was strong and determined to find her own way. I really liked her. I thought she was a lovely heroine. Duncan was SO sweet! I totally adored him. He was strong, clever, and determined to protect those he cared about. I thought he was just perfect.

The romance was great. Julia and Duncan were very swee
Dianne
Oct 05, 2013 Dianne rated it it was ok
Not knowing Ms Enoch's writing style very well, I have to say that this was simply a cute story, but because of it's length, a highly unbelievable one. I DO know that this is romantic fiction, so there is really nothing to say what is right and what is wrong -it is just that these characters didn't make me feel emotionally involved in the story, or even really care about the out come.

The characters and background are well drawn but not well fleshed. I do know that it is possible for some authors
Anastasia
Sep 10, 2016 Anastasia rated it really liked it
It is a novella. It is setting the stage for the series. Keep your expectactions within reason. Having said so, it is a nice read.
Jess
Nov 07, 2014 Jess rated it liked it
"3 out of 5 stars, a woman sets out in the Highlands in hopes of celebrating Christmas the way she wanted but finds herself alone in a cabin/cottage with a stranger who promises to help her get back home, if only she doesn’t lose her heart to him first.

It’s a sweet story. Yet, I found the beginning to be a bit slow even though Duncan is naked during part of it. =0)"

I read this novella as a part of " Christmas Brides ." Check out my full review and TWO teasers from this novella will be included t
Brianna De lorenzo
Dec 24, 2013 Brianna De lorenzo rated it it was ok
SPOILERS AHEAD!!

While Ms. Enoch certainly can spin a story, the premise was what had me intrigued. A kidnapping. A runaway bride. A sexy Scot. Sounds like an ideal weekend read. I guess my disappointment stems from the fact that this was a short story. I was able to finish it in about two hours, and I am sad to say that I rolled my eyes a lot.

SPOILERS BELOW.........

She falls into bed with him, without any hesitation, on the first night they meet. They declare their love the next morning, and th
Mary
This was a very enjoyable and sexy story! The first time that Julia Prentiss sees Duncan .. he is emerging naked from a lake. And instantly you understand the title!

Julia is a damsel in distress and Duncan can't stop himself from rescuing her. The story is complete with evil "bad guys", grandmas with guns, Scottish castles etc and it all works in this VERY fast paced story.

I will admit that when Julia and Duncan discuss how "fast" they are developing feelings for each other.. I did expect one of
Courtnie
Dec 31, 2015 Courtnie rated it it was ok
cookiemonger
Mar 05, 2016 cookiemonger rated it did not like it
Shelves: reviewed
There is a rather interesting set-up here, but it's so rushed that it starts to look baseless. It reminded me of the beginning of In Bed with a Highlander but without... well, without the rest of the book. There is so little substance that it felt like there was nothing to enjoy most of the time.

It's a shame, too. I love the hero, who is a good man who has a lot of respect for women that he puts in practise. The heroine's story is intriguing and earns sympathy. But it's been only a day or two si
Tracy
Dec 02, 2013 Tracy rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this novella and I hope we see more of Duncan and Julia in the series

This story was short and you really have to believe in love at first sight to enjoy it.

It was well written and both the characters were likable. I am not usually a fan of love at first sight - but I have to say, in this story I was a believer. There was something between them that the reader could feel.

As I said I hope we see more of Duncan and Julia, because this story moved so quickly that I felt a little cheated
Lori Meehan
Mar 22, 2014 Lori Meehan rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
This is a fun, romantic and fast paced short story that I very much enjoyed. It's the second book that I've read of Suzanne Enoch's the first being book one of the series "The Devil Wares Kilts" a 5* read that I highly recommend.
The title is very true and Duncan is really one hot scot. He and Julia had great chemistry and even though their relationship move incredible fast it was also believable with how they felt for each other even with just meeting. I can not wait to read the next book. I th
Mya
Oct 04, 2013 Mya rated it liked it
Novellas I find either great and I wish it was a full length book or it just seems that the story pace is too fast for the plot. While I enjoyed the characters I didn't feel the chemistry between them which I think had they had enough time to get to know each other might well have turned into a great book. There were a few laughs but overall the speed of which the story moved along made the book feel rushed.
Cherie
Jun 24, 2015 Cherie rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-book, highlander
Well done! I liked both Duncan and Julia. She's been kidnapped so attain her excessively large dowry by means of ruination but being the plucky lass she is, she escapes. Her luck is still bad when she's thrown from the horse she "borrowed" but then she meets Duncan. He's emerging from a pond after bathing.

The novella is tied to her series but read well enough on its own. The romance was not unbelievable even for its quickness. Since I've enjoyed this series I suspect I'll re-read this.
Sbell
Nov 11, 2013 Sbell rated it liked it
*ARC provided via Net Galley for honest review*
I love Suzanne Enoch and she is a must buy for me. One Hot Scot was a face paced, sweet romance. I would have loved this to be a full length novel so we could have delved deeper into the romance of the characters. At times I felt it was a little rushed, but maybe this was because this was a novella. That being said I love how Enoch writes a historical romance and will definitely one click her again.
Lita Bouquard
Nov 28, 2014 Lita Bouquard rated it it was ok
I didn't know it was a short story and as for being a holiday book - the main character wants to travel to Scotland for Christmas. If you are looking for a warm Christmassy book this isn't it. The short story is cute but not much to it and I wouldn't bother reading it again. Julia meets Duncan when she runs away from a kidnapper. He hides her and in a day they fall in sex, then the beginning of love.
Christa
Oct 26, 2013 Christa rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook-arc
I am a longtime Suzanne Enoch fan, and this short novella was just the incentive to make me anticipate her next series. Julia is kidnapped when by a Highlander, and when she escapes, she comes across a very naked Duncan Lenox as he bathes in a lake. Duncan assumes the duty of getting Julia to safety, but unexpected feelings quickly develop between the two. I thoroughly enjoyed the characters and storyline in this one, and I am eagerly awaiting the 1st full length book of the series.
Dayna
Aug 14, 2016 Dayna rated it liked it
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 09, 2015 01:11PM
  • It Happened Under the Mistletoe (Secret Brides, #3.5)
  • The Scandal Before Christmas (The Reckless Brides, #3.5)
  • The Devil of Clan Sinclair (Clan Sinclair, #1)
  • The Highlander's Sin (Stolen Bride, #6)
  • Bound by Wish and Mistletoe (Highland Legends #1.5)
  • The Groom Says Yes (The Brides of Wishmore, #3)
  • Plaid Tidings (Spirit of the Highlands, #1)
  • The Rogue's Proposal (House of Trent, #2)
  • The Border Laird's Bride
  • Reclaimed: A Highland Historical Trilogy (Highland Historical, #4-6) (The MacKays, #1-3)
  • Fire of the Dragon (Bestiary, #1)
  • Lessons in Loving A Laird (Highland Knaves, #2)
  • How to Entice an Enchantress (The Duchess Diaries, #3)
  • Captive Heart (The Warrior Maids of Rivenloch #2)
  • Brody (Circle Eight, #2)
  • Texas Mail Order Bride (Bachelors of Battle Creek, #1)
  • My Brave Highlander (Highland Adventure #3)
  • Say Yes to the Duke (House of Brady, #3)
Suzanne was born in Southern California sometime in the latter half of the 20th century. In the way that some people are born knowing they want to be astronauts or cellists, Suzanne always knew she wanted to be a writer. Early dreams of becoming a zoologist and writing true stories about her adventures in Africa were crushed, however, after she viewed a television special about the world’s most ...more
More about Suzanne Enoch...

Scandalous Highlanders (4 books)
  • The Devil Wears Kilts (Scandalous Highlanders, #1)
  • Rogue with a Brogue (Scandalous Highlanders, #2)
  • Mad, Bad, and Dangerous in Plaid (Scandalous Highlanders, #3)
  • Some Like It Scot (Scandalous Highlanders, #4)