Start by marking “First Ink (Wicked Ink Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
First Ink (Wicked Ink Chronicles, #1)

First Ink (Wicked Ink Chronicles #1)

3.87  ·  Rating Details ·  3,694 Ratings  ·  474 Reviews
Rush

Women in his bed, celebs and rockers in his chair and a killer bank account at his disposal, life is pretty freaking swell. Then she walks back into it again. With her mismatched eyes, perfect pink mouth and a laugh that still haunts him, she gave him nothing but marvelous misery. Now she wants his hands on her again. Not for pleasure, but for pain. For Ink. A bleeding
Published September 22nd 2013 by Laura Wright, LLC

♥Rachel♥
3.5 Stars

Loved the male narrator but the female one was way too slow. Had to up the narration speed for her parts. Other than that this was a very hot and sexy novella. Love a second chance romance!
J *deep in the heart of Texas*
3.5--Short but Sexy--Stars!

This was really pretty good for a novella.

Rush and Addison fell in love during high school. Addison kind of had a rough past and spent a lot of time in foster homes, moving around a lot. She makes a dumb, seventeen year old mistake causing her to lose Rush and everything she had with him.

She spends the next five years trying to make it up to him. She writes, calls, emails.....begging for forgiveness but they all go unanswered. Rush is now a famous tattoo artist. There
Maida
What's better than a free book? A free book that's also a GOOD book!!!

I need to preface my review by pointing out that "First Ink" is actually a novella. It's the first in a series of novellas in the "Wicked Ink Chronicles." And it's based on the premise that "We're morons at seventeen. We think everything we do is right-- that nothing has a consequence." The female protagonist (Addison) wronged her best friend & love of her life (Rush) when they were seventeen years old. The day after thei
Sheryl
Aug 19, 2013 Sheryl rated it it was amazing
This was BEYOND HOT.... *DROOL*... This is a brand new author for me, but you can BET YOUR BOTTOM DOLLAR that i will be keeping a look out for the next story in this series... PLEASE let it be about Vincent and Lisa.... ;)
Ginger *Protégée extraordinaire and Kool-Aid mixer*
That is what I would call a quickie.

It was hot, had some most excellent sexual tension to build up on and a HEA.

While I am greatful for no cliffie I don't feel inspired to read the rest of the series.
PJ
Sheesh, this was HOT! Quick and steamy! I wish this was just a bit longer, however, there was NADA missing. I didn't feel ripped off at all in regards to plot/story. This is a second-chance love story between two kids from the wrong side of the tracks, and how a bad choice made by one crushed the both of them. Can two hotter-than-most come together, oh YES they can, years later and find happiness? Well, you'll have to read it to find out!

This is book one in a trilogy. Oh, and it's told in a dual
Tina "coffee and books"
Hotness Rating 3 out of 5

First Ink is the first book of the Wicked Ink Chronicles and can be found in the Wicked Firsts Anthology. I first discovered Laura Wright in the Cavanaugh brothers series which is all cowboy suspense. I was curious to see how she would do with a badass group of tattoo artists. She did not disappoint. Although, if I didn't know going in that it was the same writer that wrote these two very different series I would never have linked them. They have a very different caden
Magen McMinimy
Aug 26, 2013 Magen McMinimy rated it it was amazing
I adore Laura Wright, her books and her amazing characters. This book isn't like anything else of hers that I have read, Wright took a shot at present tense (which normally I don't care for)and First Person POV and knocked it out of the park. Yet again another fantastic, sexy story from one of my favorite authors.
I might love Rush almost as much as I love Lucian from her Mark of the Vampire series. Though Lucian still remains at the top of my Book Boyfriend List :)
Sara
Jan 20, 2014 Sara rated it really liked it
I would have loved a full length book on Addy and Rush.
I really want more Rush. Tattooed sexy and sweet? Take charge, aims to please. And loved Addy like the air he breathes.
Addy needed forgiveness for breaking his heart 5 years ago. Finally she gets her chance, and she isn't going away without a fight.
These two together are friggin hot! I am definitely headed into the next one!
Kjen
Oct 07, 2013 Kjen rated it really liked it
This was a great and hot short story...my first by this author. I'm not really into the whole tattoo thing, but could enjoy the story, nonetheless. I liked both characters and the level of emotion between them was palpable.
The Translation Abbey
Aug 15, 2015 The Translation Abbey rated it really liked it
• "It's you and me, Ads. We were combustible from the start." •

Reseña:

Addison "Ads": Después de 5 años, ella sigue pensando en Rush, no puede olvidarlo ni tampoco puede dejar atrás el dolor que ella le causó a él cuando tenían 17 años, necesita su perdón para seguir adelante...
Addison junto a su amiga Lisa viajan a Las Vegas para asistir a la convención de tatuajes en la cuál Rush estará presente... ¿Rush la dejará entrar nuevamente en su vida y así encontrar la redención?

Rush Merrick: Su vida
Crystal ♥ RBtWBC
I'll be totally honest and say that going into this novella, I had no idea what to expect. I didn't even read the blurb. I just knew that is was about a sexy tattoo artist and Laura Wright has never disappointed. First Ink just reinforces my opinion of this talented writer, and is just the beginning of what promises to be a stunning new series.

Novella's only work for me if there is a past history between the couples and you can still feel that connection through the pages. First Ink succeeded m
Dali
Jan 05, 2014 Dali rated it really liked it
Sexy and sweet! sweetsy? sweetxy? It’s well written, fast paced, easy to read making you not want to put it down, with a great back and forth between Rush and Addison.

This was a terrific find. I downloaded it for free from amazon and can’t wait to get my hands on its sequel. If there's anything to complain about is that it is too short!

The book’s summary says all you need to know. So I’ll just add that even though this tale develops in a couple of days time, it is in no way an insta-love story.
Dee
I love Laura Wright, her Mark of the Vampire Series is a MUST HAVE IMO.

I know you can feel the but coming.....But for me this novella lacked. I realize it is a novella, but for me there has to be a solid story built at the least in a short story. It just felt incredibly rushed. I didn't find myself connecting with either character and for that reason the romance/shag-a-thon just felt like a emotionally detached act.

However, there are those who enjoy reading a piece of work full of sexual tension
Kristin
Feb 18, 2015 Kristin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an enjoyable read but way too short. It was under 100 pages. I'd be totally fine with it if it were a prequel to a novel but this is it. This is their story. The next book of theirs is also under 100 pages. I'm not sure if this is one of those serials or just a collection of short stories. This would have been an amazing novel. The author definitely has talent with creating characters and a story to draw in the readers but I'm not a short story girl and unfortunately that all this ...more
Vettech
Sep 27, 2013 Vettech rated it it was amazing
Just finished this lovely love story between Rush, a well known tattoo artist and his high school sweetheart Addison, a college student. The story was short, but was filled with some very strong emotional conversations after the two are brought together once more after five years apart.

This novella was an exciting read with a fair share of hot steamy love scenes that Laura Wright is famous for. I have a tattoo myself, so it was fun to read a story about inking. I look forward to the next chapte
Shawna
2 stars – Contemporary Romance Novella

I read this as part of the Wicked Firsts compilation.
Jennifer Lyon
Sep 25, 2013 Jennifer Lyon rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Rush is wicked sexy and I can't wait for the next book, Shattered Ink!
Amanda
Oct 16, 2016 Amanda rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks-i-own
This was a great start to this series...I absolutely love Laura Wright's books no matter the genre she is an amazing writer.
Addison and Rush find their way back to one another but can they make through rough patches that are sure to come ahead for them in the next book. Let's not forget Vincent...he is bad boy personified in this book and Lisa is good girl to the core. That is a mixture I am dying to see play out as well.

I can't wait to see where this all goes!
Cocktails and Books
This novella is the beginning of a new series by Laura Wright and if what I read is any indication this is going to be a fanfreakingtabulous series.

Addison finds herself at a tattoo convention in Vegas in the hopes of finally being able to talk to Rush. Back in high school, Addison broke not only Rush's heart, but also her own in an attempt to find someone, anyone who wanted her. She wanted out of the low income, foster family life that she had and at the time she didn't think her best friend/bo
Sandy
Dec 22, 2013 Sandy rated it really liked it

FIRST INK is the first storyline and introductory novella in Laura Wright’s contemporary new adult Wicked Ink Chronicles focusing on the men and women of Wicked Ink Tattoo Studio. This is Addison and Rush’s story. Rush is the tattoo artist and owner of Wicked Ink and Addison is the woman that broke his heart.

The storyline follows Addison as she ventures to Vegas to confront Rush-her childhood friend, high school crush and the man with whom she has always been in love. But five years ea
Migue
"I thought I was such a badass."
"You were, Ads.” Fucking hell. You were.

Addison: After five years, she can’t stop thinking about Rush and the pain she caused him when they were 17 years old. She needs his forgiveness so she can move on with her life. She and her friend Lisa travel six hours to attend Las Vegas Tattoo Convention because Rush will be there.

Rush Merrick: Tattoo artist. His life in Las Vegas surrounded by celebrities and women. Over the past five years, he has never returned a sing
Shawnie Nicole
Oct 21, 2013 Shawnie Nicole rated it it was amazing
eARC RECEIVED TO GIVE AN HONEST REVIEW...
In the first installment of Laura Wrights WICKED INK CHRONICLES we meet Addison and Rush. Lover from the past, who couldn't leave each other in the past.

Wright gives a twist to the high school sweetheart theme, Addison left our hero, broke his heart and humiliated him at the sametime. It was her biggest regret and mistake and she's taken steps to right her wrongs, but the Rush isn't trying to hear any of it... Until she's standing in front of him.

Rush
Natalie
May 03, 2014 Natalie rated it it was amazing
First Ink by Laura Wright

This was a sexy and addictive short read about two people Rush and Addison who split when they were in the late teens and now Addison is trying to get her man back. Addison is in college and nearing graduation and Rush is a renowned tattoo artist for the rich and famous.

Appearing at a tattoo convention knowing that Rush will be there, Addison tracks him down in the hope to apologise for the past, for hurting him and hopefully set the pain in her heart free. Though when t
JoLee (Wickedly Delicious Book Blog)
Spoil Free Review

Rating: 3 Stars - Liked It
Genre: New Adult - Contemporary Romance
Heat: Steamy - Cold Shower Needed
Source- Bought - Freebie

Wow! For a short novella and new adult, First Ink was a steamy colder-shower needed read. The sex scenes were delicious and well written. The sexual tension was off the charts hot with a dirty talking-tattoo hero Rush.

"I could get your jeans around your ankles and fuck your soaking wet pussy with my tongue."

This was a second chance at love novel and refreshin
Sassy
Oct 16, 2013 Sassy rated it really liked it
I was given a copy of this book by the author in exchange for an honest review.

This book, "First Ink" (Wicked Ink Chronicles #1) was a very short, quick read about two seventeen year old high school sweethearts. Both, as with most teens of that age, not having a care in the world can sometimes tend to make bad choices rather than think about what they are doing at the moment.

Addison, our heroine, made the bad choice of humiliating our hero, Rush, in front of other friends. Addison realizes afte
Gwen ~the Book Diva
What the...talk about attraction! These two were hot! I could feel their strong connection. Even with the short time provided to sell it to me, I believed it all completely. I feel in love with Rush too! Gah! I just wanted more. This story is an AMAZING outline for a much bigger/better series. If the writer would have spent a little time drawing things out and telling a little more of their story, this book would have been a favorite of mine. I am definitely going to read book 2 next, but it ...more
Cindy ~ SnS Reviews
Dec 22, 2013 Cindy ~ SnS Reviews rated it really liked it
Move over MC Club books Wicked Ink is moving in. Rush Merrick is one of the most sought after tattoo artist. Every woman wants to be with him and men want to be inked by him. But Rush had his heart ripped out 5 years ago by his childhood sweetheart and he’s refused to talk to her since. Addison regretted immediately what she had done to Rush and has thought about it every day for 5 years needing to explain and apologize but Rush refuses her letters and calls. With her friend along for support ...more
Madison Mega-Mara...: "First Ink (Wicked Ink Chronicles" By Laura Wright 1 3 Dec 30, 2013 07:32PM
  • First Exposure (Aegis, #0.5)
  • First Surrender (The Serafina: Sin City, #1)
  • First Rapture (The Rapture, #1)
  • Tattoos and Tangles
  • Before (Bombshells, #0.5)
  • The Start of Us (No Regrets, #0.5)
  • Tripped Up (SEALs On Fire, #8)
  • The Awakening (The Marriage Diaries, #1)
  • Stronger (Runaway, #1)
  • Gina and Mike (Yearbook, #1)
  • First Temptation (Covert Affairs, #1.2)
  • Safe Without You
  • Blindness
  • Waiting for Grace
  • 'Tis the Season to be Kissed
  • Copping To It
  • Small Town Girl
  • Misplaced Princess (Foreign Affairs, #1)
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author of Mark of the Vampire, Bayou Heat, Cavanaugh Brothers series, and Wicked Ink Chronicles.
More about Laura Wright...

Wicked Ink Chronicles (4 books)
  • Shattered Ink (Wicked Ink Chronicles, #2)
  • Rebel Ink (Wicked Ink Chronicles, #3)
  • Dirty Ink (Wicked Ink Chronicles #4)

“You remember how much I come?

~Rush”
4 likes
“I'll regret it for the rest of my life, Rush, but I was fucking seventeen years old. We're morons at seventeen. We think everything we do is right-- that nothing has a consequence.” 2 likes