Start by marking “The Perils of Fishboy: A Tale Split in Two” as Want to Read:
The Perils of Fishboy: A Tale Split in Two

The Perils of Fishboy: A Tale Split in Two

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  12 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Before he had even hatched, Finnegan Blink's perilous journey began. Our first tale sets sail with the devious headmaster of the prestigious Hero Hatchery Schoolhouse plotting to prevent the safe arrival of new students. However, it s an ordinary delivery driver, Sam Crawfish, who holds the fate of Finnegan in his aging claw. The question is, will Sam be able to keep his ...more
Published October 1st 2013 by Fog Ink Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Perils of Fishboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Perils of Fishboy

Tina Tipton
Nov 09, 2013 Tina Tipton rated it it was amazing
It was a lucky day for me when I won this book in a goodreads.com giveaway. What a treasure it is.

Delightful, insightful, enjoyable... I don't have enough words to properly praise this book. The writing is friendly and welcoming and the world beneath the waves is perfectly described. I felt as if I were there. And there's a nifty map!

Finnegan Blink's quest for adventure and to find his place in the world is told in a gentle tale that manages to not be dull.

I wasn't sure if this was a children's
Kelvin
Dec 04, 2013 Kelvin rated it liked it

I won this book in a giveaway from goodreads.

This is a pretty good book. I entered the giveaway because I thought that my little girl would like this book. Of course, being the awesome parent that I am, I had to read it first to make sure that it was age appropriate.

I am proud to announce that The Perils of Fishboy is appropriate for all ages. What a great book! At first, I thought it might be a little too Spongebob for me. What with all the undersea anthropomorphic creatures. However, this was
Rachel
Aug 08, 2015 Rachel rated it liked it
This book is built on the weirdest, most creative kids-book premise I've seen in a while. The storyline is half superhero origin story, half Arthurian adventure, but with a steampunk-ish backdrop and a down-to-earth, American flavor. Moves at a slow and steady pace for the most part, and ends with some major questions unresolved, ripe for a sequel. The overall message is good, the main characters are friendly and likable, the bad guys are cruel and unusual, and the illustrations are absolute ...more
Jason
Jul 24, 2014 Jason rated it it was amazing
I was going through a bunch of books that I have read but not reviewed on goodreads... Cory Basil has quickly become one of my favorite writers. I encourage everyone to check out his website www.hereliescorybasil.com He is a writer, artist, musician and a lot more.

Just looking at his writing he already has a poetry book (another on the way), The Perils of Fishboy (this book), the sequel coming out shortly and recently put out a reader that has poetry, short stories and even photography.

This book
Amy Neftzger
Jun 24, 2013 Amy Neftzger rated it really liked it
Fishboy has a problem: he's evolving. Well, the problem isn't really that he's evolving; it's that the other fish aren't and it makes him look like a freak. He doesn't feel like he fits in very well, most of the other fish don't understand him so he doesn’t have friends his own age, and the headmaster of the prestigious school he attends wants him dead. Those are his real problems.

However, Fishboy also has friends and an unbeatable spirit of adventure. This is a book for anyone who has ever been
Elizabeth
Jul 23, 2014 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
Here I am, reading Fishboy for the second time! It is that good.

Although this is a “childrens novel”, it certainly does not feel simplistic. Rather, the twists and turns are enchanting and the child-like wonder feels so refreshing. I find myself wrapped up in the story, and I can’t put the book down.

I’ve been a fan of Cory’s poetry for quite some time now. “The Perils of Fishboy” seems like a natural extension of his unique voice.

Cory’s imaginative story not only captures the reader in the suspe
Kate Armiger
Kate Armiger rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2014
Travis
Travis rated it liked it
Dec 31, 2014
Audrey
Audrey rated it really liked it
Oct 30, 2013
Katherine
Katherine rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2015
Roy Wano
Roy Wano rated it it was amazing
Oct 01, 2013
Sydney Whitlock
Sydney Whitlock rated it it was ok
Jul 18, 2014
Regina Hunter
Regina Hunter marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2013
Raya
Raya marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2013
Jenna Friebel
Jenna Friebel marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2013
Laura marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2013
Frederick Rotzien
Frederick Rotzien marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2013
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2013
Teresa Lavender
Teresa Lavender marked it as to-read
S. Kozak
S. Kozak marked it as to-read
Diana Senn
Diana Senn marked it as to-read
Larry Hall
Larry Hall marked it as to-read
Cindy Gates
Cindy Gates marked it as to-read
Kim Coomey
Kim Coomey marked it as to-read
Rosanna-Michelle
Rosanna-Michelle marked it as to-read
Natasha
Natasha marked it as to-read
Meg
Meg marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2013
Emilie Titchen
Emilie Titchen marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2013
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Ellie Rawkfist
Ellie Rawkfist marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2013
Carol Teter Mauck
Carol Teter Mauck marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2013
Cherylyn Ebertz
Cherylyn Ebertz marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2013
Ansuya
Ansuya marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2013
James
James marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2013
Robert Piacquad
Robert Piacquad marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2013
Addie Madsen
Addie Madsen marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2013
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Kenny Diveley
Kenny Diveley marked it as to-read
Mandy Dobarro
Mandy Dobarro marked it as to-read
  • Pendant of Fortune
  • Collected Stories of John O'Hara
  • Getting It Wrong: Ten of the Greatest Misreported Stories in American Journalism
  • Nadya
  • The Girl in the Orange Dress: Searching for a Father Who Does Not Fail
  • That One Spooky Night
  • Favorite Medieval Tales
  • The Otter, the Spotted Frog & the Great Flood: A Creek Indian Story
  • The Jelly Bean Experiment (Danny's Doodle, #1)
  • Lulu and the Cat in the Bag
  • Faces from the Past: Forgotten People of North America
  • Young Miss Holmes, Casebook 1-2
Cory Basil is an American author, painter and filmmaker. Blending gothic romanticism with modern poetic rhythm, Basil's poems trust emotional honesty over the dubious truths to be gleaned from appearances. This philosophy also reigns in his paintings, where he conjures with a renaissance artist's reverence for colour and light, revealing the soul of a baroque spectacle.

Raised in Phoenix, Ariz., Ba