Start by marking “The Dragon Hour” as Want to Read:
The Dragon Hour

The Dragon Hour

PRISM AWARD WINNER -- BEST TIME TRAVEL

A Scottish paradise lost in time is invaded by 21st century thugs. It was a robbery gone terribly wrong ending in Luke Slade carrying his wounded cousin through a window of light, sweeping them back in time. The killers chase behind them just as the window is closing, trapping them all in 1672.

Caryn McLaughlin rules Lochlorraine and de
Published April 8th 2013 by CKF Enterprises (first published January 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about The Dragon Hour, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dragon Hour

Krisnow18
I guess I need to read descriptions better. This is a romantic fantasy, as stated on the cover of the book. However the previous review I read didn't make that clear to me. I probably would not have got it as I'm not into romances. It was a good story, however. Involves a dragon (that isn't a dragon), time travel, the mob. Actually sounds interesting, doesn't it?
Carrie Ann Lahain
I don't read much fantasy, however, the time travel aspect of THE DRAGON HOUR caught my attention. I was also interested in seeing what sort of mayhem modern day thugs might cause in a 16th-century Scottish village. All in all, I had a good time with the book. The initial transition from the 1600s to modern times was a tiny bit bumpy, but I stuck with it because the character of Luke was so compelling. He's a reluctant bad boy with a soft spot for the weak and powerless. When he, his cousin Rand ...more
Lauren
Apr 09, 2015 Lauren rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Originally read this back in high school. Took a while to find it again, and was happy to snatch it up at a used bookstore.
Janell Barney
Too much romance and not enough dragons.
Anna Markland
Jul 08, 2013 Anna Markland rated it really liked it
Time travel with a difference. A Scottish clan set adrift in time, invaded by present-day hoodlums (not their choice of course). Prehistoric creatures, medieval and modern bullies and intrigues. Science and superstition. Courage and cowardice. Lies and trust. A flawed dragon slayer who wants his dragon to live!
Let the author’s seemingly limitless imagination take you on this amazing journey.
Bill Tillman
Ah shucks, folks this has ADULT content. It doesn't add anything to a great tale, just distracts. A tale of time travel, adventure, romance and history. Luke Slade gets transported to Scotland 1692, along with his cousin Randy, plus several thugs from an armored car robbery.
Holly Newman
Oct 31, 2013 Holly Newman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book and the fact that the hero was NOT an alpha male. That made this timetravel book that much more real. And the reasons why he did what he did, the decisions he made, that much more human.
I'd enjoy another book in this "universe".
Louis Marinos
Dec 30, 2013 Louis Marinos rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good book. I was sorry to have it end. Author did a great job, a little predictable but still a very good read. It is nice to see a book with an antihero, instead of the usual person with absolutely no flaws.
Melissa
Sep 22, 2013 Melissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-romance
Luke is transported from modern times to a hunk of Scotland that is floating in a time bubble from seventeen hundreds. It's fast paced and jam paced with dragons, schemes, and good characters conflicts.
Donna Hammeren-Meader
Donna Hammeren-Meader marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2016
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2016
Brandie
Brandie marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2016
Karen Norris
Karen Norris marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2016
Russell Cooper
Russell Cooper marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2016
Curtis Robison
Curtis Robison marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2016
laurel masters
laurel masters rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2016
PapaTrain
PapaTrain marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2016
Jennifer Garoutte
Jennifer Garoutte marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2016
Randy Dees
Randy Dees rated it really liked it
Jun 28, 2016
Gabrielle West
Gabrielle West rated it liked it
Jun 22, 2016
John
John marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2016
Deb Wodstrchil
Deb Wodstrchil marked it as to-read
May 24, 2016
Pamela Rose
Pamela Rose marked it as to-read
May 18, 2016
Elise
Elise rated it liked it
May 03, 2016
suzanne blanchette
suzanne blanchette marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2016
Kristin Larsen
Kristin Larsen rated it did not like it
Mar 15, 2016
Mandy Walkden-Brown
Mandy Walkden-Brown is currently reading it
Mar 06, 2016
Ruth Monical
Ruth Monical rated it it was ok
Feb 27, 2016
Angel
Angel marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Alexandria
  • I Married an Alien
  • The Starry Child (Starry Child, #1)
  • Lord of the Abbey (Lords of Avalon #1)
  • Completely Restored
  • The Kaiser Affair (The Drifting Isle Chronicles #1)
  • Forbidden
  • The Hidden Sun (Bariwon, #1)
  • Somewhere My Lass (Somewhere in Time, #2)
  • Highland Wishes: Four Holiday-Inspired Tales: The Legend of the Spirit Waters
  • Legend of the Chosen (Destiny's Kingdom #1)
  • The Winter Stone
  • Enoch's Device
  • Lost Highlander (Lost Highlander, #1)
  • The Fox
  • Mark of the Dragon Queen
  • Unleashed: A Highland Historical Trilogy (Highland Historical, #1-3) (The MacLauchlans, #1-3)
  • Love in the Mist (MacKay's, #1)
422091
I have been writing fiction for so long I can barely remember when I didn't. Sometimes people ask where I get my ideas and I can't comment too much on "ideas" either, since they come one at a time from different sources. SHADOW ON THE MOON came from a submission call for paranormal romance and since vampires were fairly well owned already, I decided to do werewolves. After that it became--and this ...more
More about Connie Flynn...