Start by marking “This Plague of Days, Episode 1” as Want to Read:
This Plague of Days, Episode 1

This Plague of Days, Episode 1 (This Plague of Days Episode 1)

An autistic boy + elements of The Stand + 28 Days Later = A haunting protagonist versus the Running Dead

These zombies run fast!

The end of the world comes in two stages: a flu pandemic that kills 60% of the world's population. Then the terrorists' virus mutates and the infected become cannibals.

Enter the mind of an autistic boy with unique interests and abilities. A select
ebook, Episode 1, 53 pages
Published June 17th 2013 by Ex Parte Press

To ask other readers questions about This Plague of Days, Episode 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about This Plague of Days, Episode 1

Alex
Oct 21, 2013 Alex rated it it was amazing
Chute sucks you in from word one and pulls you down his post apocalyptic rabbit hole! You will sleep with the lights on, covers pulled over your head and dust off the old teddy bear for comfort. Horrifically well written and engaging. There are other popular books in this genre, but after reading this there is nothing else that climbs to the heights of Chute's caliber.

If you enjoy stories that will terrify without leaning on the same old tried and true zombie clichés, This Plague of Days is the
Donna
Mar 26, 2014 Donna rated it it was amazing
This is a good read, with the boy who is some kind of autistic and also has some power I am beginning to think. I swapped this out for Season One so I am in the midst of reading the whole first season now. So far it is a virus that has gotten out of a lab, on purpose, although we don't yet know who the evil one is who arranged that.
At first I was going to put it down when I thought it was going to be all about the boy with autism but there are other characters and the boy is very interesting as
Jordanna East
Jun 24, 2013 Jordanna East rated it it was amazing
I think this storyline is brilliant. It's not your cliched, run-of-the-mill zombie apocalypse story. It's character driven. It's cerebral. It's awesome.

The first episode of This Plague of Days is the perfect balance of back story, anecdotes, and the events of the present crisis. Jaime, the main character, is fantastically written and surprisingly well thought out. His diagnosis on the Autistm Spectrum (formerly known as Aspergers), combined with his synthesesia (seeing emotions as color-auras)
Tammy K.
Aug 03, 2013 Tammy K. rated it liked it
Parts of this story were quite unique and endearing. While others were laborious and preachy.
The story starts off with a bang but loses it steam as the plot progressed.
The atheist spin was pushed quite strongly which made me cringe.
With the exception of the young boy Jamie, I found the characters unlikable and so I failed to connect with most of them.
The time that it took for the family and community to realize that the plaque was real and start preparing was so long that I almost quit reading
Jesse Daggett
Mar 25, 2014 Jesse Daggett rated it really liked it
I don't read much zombie horror, but when I found out this story is not your normal zombie tale which is told from the perspective of a child with Autism, it piqued my interest. I am happy to have started reading this series and highly recommend it. It is a well written story with believable and interesting characters. Great work, Chute.
Lori Franklin Hopkins
May 12, 2014 Lori Franklin Hopkins rated it it was amazing
I purchased this book in a set called Horror Within : 8 Book Boxed Set.

This is a first for the genre that I have found. I thoroughly enjoyed this story, and hated that it ended so soon. I will definitely have to read the rest!
Jett Cat
Jett Cat rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2015
Shelley Barnett
Shelley Barnett rated it did not like it
Mar 25, 2016
Missnoname
Missnoname rated it did not like it
Dec 27, 2014
Madeline
Madeline rated it liked it
Feb 07, 2015
Heidi
Heidi rated it really liked it
Oct 22, 2014
Andy
Andy rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2014
Mazie Gilbert Lane
Mazie Gilbert Lane rated it it was amazing
Oct 07, 2013
Zach
Zach rated it did not like it
Jan 02, 2016
Mike
Mike rated it really liked it
Dec 16, 2013
Megen
Megen rated it did not like it
Sep 06, 2015
Amy Hertz
Amy Hertz rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2015
Camile Escalante
Camile Escalante rated it it was amazing
Oct 14, 2013
Gina
Gina rated it liked it
Sep 24, 2013
Alisa
Alisa rated it really liked it
Jun 28, 2015
Lacy
Lacy rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2016
Charles Harmon
Charles Harmon rated it really liked it
Mar 16, 2015
David Jacobson
David Jacobson rated it it was amazing
Nov 22, 2013
Tricia
Tricia rated it really liked it
May 02, 2014
Kandie
Kandie rated it really liked it
Oct 28, 2015
CJ
CJ rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2014
danielle
danielle rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2014
Nick
Nick rated it liked it
May 11, 2015
Sara
Sara rated it it was amazing
Aug 18, 2013
After escaping retail hell, I trained as a journalist and worked in newspapers and magazines before becoming a drone in the book publishing hive. I worked for Harlequin, The Canadian Book Information Centre, Lester & Orpen Dennys and Cannon Books in various capacities in editorial, publicity and sales. I learned a lot about what not to do. (All of the above companies are dead and gone except, ...more
More about Robert Chazz Chute...

This Plague of Days (7 books)
  • This Plague of Days, Episode 2
  • This Plague of Days, Episode 3
  • This Plague of Days, Episode 4
  • This Plague of Days, Episode 5
  • This Plague of Days, Season 1
  • This Plague of Days (Season 2)