Start by marking “Harder We Fade (Fade, #4)” as Want to Read:
Harder We Fade (Fade, #4)

Harder We Fade (Fade #4)

3.84  ·  Rating Details ·  1,202 Ratings  ·  66 Reviews
In the New York Times and USA Today bestselling novel FADE, Max and Olivia's scorching hot romance was threatened by outside forces that could have torn them apart, but their bond was strong enough to endure.

Now, the FADE series continues...

Max has launched his own movie production company in Hollywood and keeps his promise to bring Olivia onboard as his partner in the ven
Published July 17th 2013 (first published July 16th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Harder We Fade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Harder We Fade

Christine Mameli
Jul 23, 2013 Christine Mameli rated it liked it
I am sorry to say I was not impressed with this book. It was flat and sort of all over the place with no excitement. I had hoped for a confrontation with Max and his father. What happened there? Olivia an Max's sex was dry. "I cried out a yelp, took a deep breath, and started to come just as I felt his silken release inside me".hmmm... I enjoyed the 3 books before this one. Although I always like to read a happy ending.
Kate Dawes is a excellent author. I like and read many of her books but, I j
Melly
Oct 29, 2013 Melly rated it did not like it
There is no point to this book. Just because people want another story does not mean that an author should just put out a piece of garbage. I skimmed this entire book, pages of filler, like Olivia shopping for shoes with her sister and arguing about who will buy them, ugh. I need an intervention to stop reading crap and get back to more high brow literature.
SammiesBookBlog
Jul 05, 2013 SammiesBookBlog rated it it was amazing
Eeeeeeeek. Let me start off saying I am sooooo extremely happy Kate listened to all her fans and found a brilliant way to write us another story about Max and Olivia. I love these two! I loved them even more is Harder We Fade. They both have grown and matured in many ways. Olivia mostly, wow! She surprised me many times. She is so direct and forward and grabs life by the balls. I love her to pieces, Max. Always the hilarious guy and so sweet. I love him to pieces. Loved getting to read about his ...more
Tobia James
Oh my God! WHY????? Why would you make another book Miss Dawes...and 1 as crappy as this? This book was a waste of time. It didn't even do justice to the original 3 part novellas. Those I loved! With the epilogue from Fade Into Always, there was no need for another book. We could've told our own story as to what happened in between & trust me, it would have been loads better than what was written here.

There was no plot, no drama, no meaningful dialogue. It was almost as if the author ran out
Indy
Jul 20, 2013 Indy rated it liked it
I enjoyed the Fade series and was curious to see where this latest novel went. I had read the earlier novels prior to the epilogue being taken out, so I knew what to expect as this book leaves off after Olivia was injured.

This was a very unique writing style this time, almost like recalling memories and showcasing snapshots of their life. One chapter would showcase one thing and then the next chapter would be days or weeks later. It was a bit choppy.

All in all, I liked reading about this coupl
Michelle
Jul 19, 2014 Michelle rated it liked it
For those who were fans of the Fade series and wanted a more detailed HEA for Max and Olivia, this is your book I was worried that too much time had passed for me to remember too much of this story, then I started it - and it all came back.

It felt like an extended cut epilogue more than a continued story. But I think if you enjoyed the original story you will want to read this last installment just to get your feel of Olivia and Max.
Kristen Barnett
Jul 19, 2013 Kristen Barnett rated it liked it
I enjoyed FADE and was looking forward to this book, and overall it was.. ok. It doesnt take a lot for me to rate a book 4 and 5 stars but this book lacked WAY to much. It jumped time a lot and left out what, to me, would have been important details to certain scenes (not spoiling) that make for a big part of the book. I do love the story line, but think with a little more effort it could have been better. Overall, this book was way to rushed, and lacked a climax.
Starress S McBride
Oct 27, 2015 Starress S McBride rated it it was ok
It had its moments.....

This book wasn't terrible....but it's wasn't awesome either. It was just okay. It didn't began wrong in my opinion. I thought that based on the epilogue of the third book, Fade into Always, that this story would've picked up from there or later in their future together instead of from her incident with Chris. Then there was an error in regards to the BMW X5 SUV they drove to his mother's house, FYI Kate Dawes this vehicle is NOT a convertible so how were Max and Liv riding
T.
Jul 25, 2013 T. rated it really liked it
Shelves: bought
4.5 stars!!! What a quick but fun read!
I loved reading more about Max and Olivia and their future together!!!

This is definitely a story worth reading!!! This is the adventure that Max and Olivia take on after everything they have been through. Max and Olivia work and live together and that man just can't get enough of Olivia!! (swoon) He does everything in his power so that she knows how he feels about her. Partly may be due to guilt but mainly its because he truly does love her and wants to gi
Ava
Jul 21, 2013 Ava rated it liked it
It was quite enjoyable. I have already read the epilogue on book 4 so I knew a little about this lovely couple. And when I saw this book I was quite surprised by how come there was a book 4 and I didn't read the description so I started right on with this one and saw that was the epilogue in a stretching way.
Overall the writing was perfect like a snapshot of their pasts, each important events from their live together after Chris. And as for me I think this book wasn't that useful, I read becaus
Dana Landsman
Aug 28, 2013 Dana Landsman rated it really liked it
Must read the Fade Series which is now 1 book and not 3. This would be book #4. This novel had Max and Olivia's HOT romance threatened, but their bond was stronger.

Max Launched a Production company in Hollywood and Olivia works with him. They live together and starts getting to know his friends.

Olivia's parents are having a hard time accepting this relationship being in LA while a secret is being held from Max by his mother to which she confides with Olivia.

This story is HOT!! Definitely a quic
Silviene
Aug 12, 2013 Silviene rated it it was amazing
LOVED IT ALL THE WAY!!! This story is after the third book but without the epilogue it explains more what happen after with them. I love the way the author wrote this story it compliments with the third book and closes a cycle of Max and Olivia's story.
it tells the story how Olivia is coping with Max's lifestyle and dealing with problems that are coming on the way with the added stress of the parents.

I can say with all my heart that I will miss these two characters because in less than four day
Samantha
Jul 19, 2013 Samantha rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, erm found it a little confusing when i realized that the epilogue that i had read at the end of fade into always was not actually happening in this book. But either way this book was awesome.
I loved how he proposed to her on the Hollywood sign. I knew that she was pregnant but i loved how they found out and how Max was with the news, I found it abit weird that they didnt tell their parents till like right near the end. But still it made an awesome lead up to a perfect ending.
Natalie
Apr 07, 2015 Natalie rated it liked it
Shelves: owned
I did enjoy most of the book. I loved the Max & Olivia story but I thought that it was rushed at the end. I loved the way they turned into this wonderful couple and fell so in love with each other. The first 3 books were so erotic and this one was much less. It almost felt like they took a break from the passion that they felt before she worked for him. Like a role reversal of Alpha characters. I did like it but not as much as book 1,2 & 3.
Katie
Dec 17, 2013 Katie rated it liked it
I enjoyed the first three novellas. I enjoyed this one as well, but I felt that there was something missing. I felt that the chemistry between Max and Olivia was forced and the story line was a little scattered. Also, it's one thing to hide being married, but hiding a pregnancy as well??? I thought that part could have been better written to make it more believable about hiding the pregnancy from both sets of parents.
Brenda
Oct 10, 2013 Brenda rated it liked it
Shelves: erotica, romance
I really enjoyed Kate Dawes other three books in this series a lot. I enjoyed this book as well but, it was all over the place. I had to struggle to put it together. I liked the continuation of Max and Olivia's story and filling in of the blanks. This just left me wanting to edit instead of read. This is not a stand alone book but, read the first three "Fade" series books. They are fantastic. You'll want to read this to find out all the juicy details of the time jump.
Jessica
Jul 27, 2013 Jessica rated it liked it
Unfortunately, I did read the epilogue at the end of the novella #3 but at least this gave me an insight to what happened to them after the incident with the ex-boyfriend. However, this book was just average for me. I'm glad I read it but can't give it the same stars I give other series. I felt that it lacked at times keeping my interest but all in all, it was alright. I felt that reading the epilogue ruined this book for me.
Melissa Yoder
Aug 31, 2013 Melissa Yoder rated it it was amazing
Sigh....I cannot believe how fast I read through this book. I am so disappointed. I'm disappointed the book is over and now what the hell am I going to read? Nothing will compare and nothing will be as awesome! This is the last (someone please tell me this isn't true?!?) book with Max and Olivia. I have so much to say but I don't want to write any spoilers so I will just say, READ THIS BOOK!
Yvette Ball
Jul 19, 2013 Yvette Ball rated it liked it
Was a bit to choppy for me. I understand you have to jump through a few days here and there, but this was crazy. Really getting into a scene to be cut off and jumped a month ahead. Don't know, just me maybe but I enjoy the steps taken in day to day life.
Over all was a great addition to the original story.
Sade
Nov 07, 2013 Sade rated it it was ok
God she should have stopped after #3. Book#4 just felt forced and rushed like she was trying to fit everything from the epilogue into the book. The lack of a linear timeline of events was frustrating. And I have to agree with other reviewers, the dialogue in this book definitely lacking and the characters felt a little flat.
Gemma Ohara
Aug 06, 2013 Gemma Ohara rated it it was ok
Maybe it's just because I the length of the books and the wait between but felt a waste o time reading it it felt like a filler just a quick happy ending nothing really happened and what did wasn't great I felt no connection it just ran through the motions! Probably best to read all 4 at once instead
Emma
Jul 29, 2013 Emma rated it liked it
It was nice to read the continuation of max and Olivia in this story but I was always waiting for something big to happen with them / family and it never lead to anything therefore a nice catch up but not special for me and quite easy for me to pick up and put down therefore the nine day read.
AngelinaT
Jul 25, 2013 AngelinaT rated it it was amazing
I didn't realize that there was a part 4 to this series and was so excited when I saw it! I loved this story and it finished off Olivia and Max's story nicely. I loved the chemistry between the two and was satisfied with the way the storyline went.
Denita Kee
Feb 12, 2014 Denita Kee rated it really liked it
I really loved these characters so much. Max and Olivia are so good together. I really was mad at olivias parents though. They never even gave poor Max a chance. They really pissed me off to tell you the truth. This was a great read.
Stephanie Uncensored
Dec 03, 2015 Stephanie Uncensored rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
Once again I felt a little rushed at the end of the book and just left hanging for more. It is not a flat 3 star rating more like 3.5 stars and I may have enjoyed it more if I reread the other books again. I do like Olivia and Max so I may just revist them next year....
Breann McGrath
Mar 26, 2014 Breann McGrath rated it really liked it
I'm glad Kate listened to her fans. I love Max and Olivia to death. I really liked how this book focused on their pregnancy as well as marriage. Ahhh to be rich and in complete and utter love ::sigh::
Gloria Herrera
Jul 26, 2013 Gloria Herrera rated it liked it
Max and Olivia's love story continues as they become more than partners in business. Olivia now has to contend with her parents who do not approve of her lifestyle, his mother who is lonely, and Max's friends. This is a nice read for a Summer afternoon.
Mflamik
Apr 18, 2014 Mflamik rated it liked it
I am wondering why she felt like she needed to write a forth book to the series. This was a let down compared to the first three. I'm glad it's over
Peggy Scharnowske
Jul 31, 2013 Peggy Scharnowske rated it really liked it
I really like the Fade series... and this was mostly a filler for the readers. I enjoyed reading more about them, but also wasn't unhappy with how #3 ended either. :-)
Ella
Aug 31, 2015 Ella rated it it was amazing
Cover: Nope, still don't get it.
My Rating: 96/100
Overall: Loved it
Page Turner: Yes
Recommend: Yes

COMMENTS: I love that the epilogue was expanded and explored and just put into detail. Loved it.
  • Almost Mine
  • Remove the Empty Spaces (Rags to Riches, #1)
  • He Watches Me (The Seen Trilogy, #1)
  • Right Now (Seduced, #1)
  • If It Drives (Market Garden, #7)
  • To Love You More (Sunset, #3)
  • Sin in San Fran (Great Exploitations, #4)
  • Beneath the Surface (Reluctance, #1)
  • Every Part of You: Tempts Me (Every Part of You, #1)
  • Five Ways a Boy Can Break Your Heart
  • Getting Rough (Monkey Business Trio, #2)
  • The Auction
  • Hot Property (Kingston Brothers, #2)
  • Femme Fatale (Hard Bodies, #1)
  • Whispers in the Dark
  • It's All Geek to Me
  • The Master Undone (Inside Out, #3.3)
  • Deceitfully Yours
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of contemporary erotic romance
More about Kate Dawes...

Fade (5 books)
  • Fade into You (Fade, #1)
  • Fade into Me (Fade, #2)
  • Fade into Always (Fade, #3)
  • Fade (Fade, #1-3)