Start by marking “Double Exposure” as Want to Read:
Double Exposure

Double Exposure (Don't Read in the Closet Events)

A high school boy helping out his aunt on a photo shoot is asked to fill in as a model but as a girl, not a boy. The session leads to a kiss with another boy from school and opens the door to many emotions, dreams, and self-discovery.

Photo Description:
A beautiful young man looks outward through a tumble of messy, long, blond hair.

This story was written as a part of the M/
Published June 20th 2013 by M/M Romance Group @ goodreads

To ask other readers questions about Double Exposure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Double Exposure

Exina
Tory helps out his aunt in her photo studio on the weekends. He is really good at being behind the cameras, but has no interest in being in front of them. One day, Lucas Hart, a very popular teen model from Tory’s high school arrives for a shoot, but the female model doesn’t show up. Tory is asked to fill in as a model, dressing like a girl, and partnering Lucas.

The photo session is successful in many ways. Tory gets a kiss, he is asked out for a date, and most importantly he discovers this and
Mandy*reads obsessively*
4.25*

Great LHNB prompt story.

This is so cute. It's like the sweetest little YA treat of a story and I just want to put it in my pocket and pet it.
Tory dichotomy that he is, he likes 'flying under the radar' at school, always keeping a camera between himself and the world, but he also, once he got the chance, loved 'being seen'.
Ok, in this case he was seen as a glam girl instead of the cute boy he is, but he liked it.
I love his parents, I think a lot of parents of little boys face the issue the
Sandra

Offered for FREE from the M/M Romance Group's Love Has No Boundaries Anthology: Volume 6. Thank you too all the amazing authors who participated!

I hate it when boys have prettier hair than I do, but this pic is gorgeous.

So, I'm torn on this rating. I loved the pic, the prompt, the story... But then I saw "THE END" after about ten minutes of reading and thought "whaaaaat?!" This is a true short, it almost felt more like a teaser to a full-length novel and I really hope the author continues with
Christina Marie
Jul 08, 2013 Christina Marie rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone who is not dead inside and loves puppies, rainbows, and that fluffy crack.
This was adorable. I loved it like I love Mr. Rumples (my Teddy Bear). If I had a physical copy I probably would have hugged it. In fact, I attempted to hug my computer when I finished, but the bitch is all hard edges.

Tory looks at life from behind the lens of his camera. Focused on his photography, and with a camera constantly raised to his face Tory is used to going unnoticed. While helping his Aunt with a photo shoot he is asked to stand in for a female model. He finds himself posing with Lu
Vivian
Jun 20, 2013 Vivian rated it liked it
Sweet tale of self-realization for Tory as he experiences life on the other side of the camera's lens. Tackles the gender issue of crossing dressing and youth with sensitivity in an optimistic setting.
Lucy
Jun 20, 2013 Lucy rated it really liked it
If only every family were as accepting! Even little brother was ready to stand up just in case. Tory gets to be true to himself and Lukas is much more than he seems. Loved them
Anke
Jun 22, 2013 Anke rated it really liked it
Another very nice story from this years LHNB event. It reminded me a bit of The Kiss which was one of my first m/m books. This time I had a small question mark in the back of my mind, whether Toby's embracing his 'feminine' side was a bit too smooth, everything worked out pretty easy. I liked the end very much as well as, despite my small niggles, the whole story.
K
Jun 20, 2013 K rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dritc
LHNB Story released 20.6.13
4.5 stars rounded up
Very sweet YA story about an androgynous teenage photographer who is persuaded by his aunt to take the place of a female model for a photoshoot with a fellow school student and the knock on results of his discovery that he likes to dress up and that he more than likes the other model
Rachel
This was so sweet! I think the thing I loved the most was Tory with his family and how awesome his mom and dad were about everything! So sweet, I really enjoyed this one. Thanks!
Elizabetta

This is really cute. And especially if you can accept that Aunt Patty is desperate enough and Tory easy-going enough to make the basic premise work; that a guy who’s never posed as a girl for a commercial shoot would be such a natural at it. And what a wonderfully accepting world! (view spoiler). Just think of this a a fairytale fantasy. I couldn’t help imagining Andrej Pejic as Tory. Brought a smi
Mary
This was a sweet and delightful story. I'm glad that Tory accepted who he was, that his parents were so supportive and encouraging. It was great to see him facing his future with courage, knowing that it won't always be easy but that it's what makes him happy that matters. Lucas was just as wonderful about what and who he wanted and it would be nice to see what life has in store for them.
Ari
Jun 11, 2015 Ari rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-romance, yayayaya
3,5
sweet, cute, fluffy, short and easy
love it anyway, perfect read after a long day ^^
Ayanna
Aug 18, 2014 Ayanna rated it it was ok
Eh. It starts in media res, and rather clunkily so.

List. idk quite of what. Stuff that I took issue with? Probably? Also random things I pick out to snark about either explicitly or sarcastically? I guess it's kind of EWW-style, then, since it's a list and I'm keeping score. But then, some of the stuff is just personal commentary, so *shrug*
[As usual, I do this because I'm a querulous fruit who isn't happy unless everyone else around me isn't happy either, which is why I leave such trolling rev
*Nan*
Would love to see this expanded into a longer story.
Leaundra
Jun 28, 2013 Leaundra rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It was so so sweet! I wish it would have been longer ;-)
Sunne
Aug 29, 2013 Sunne rated it liked it
I've been torn whether to make the 3,5 stars to 4 or 3...in the end I've decided for 3.

Why? I mean, I liked it, it is really very sweet, fluffy and absolutely adorable. Everybody is nice, accepting and everything just flows in a big happy bubble. And there is nothing wrong with that, I've enjoyed it. It actually was a cute change from the drama and conflicts in other stories.

So - it could be 4 stars...yes, but I had one major issue (not that it stopped me from reading). Tory's change and accept
Julesmarie
Jul 06, 2013 Julesmarie rated it really liked it
This was delightful. Fun and fluffy and sappy and almost completely unrealistic. I loved it!

The story follows the prompt very closely, so I'll not try to sum anything up. Lucas was lovely, and so, so sweet. His reactions to Tory, from helping him through the photo shoot, to the kiss, to (view spoiler) Adorable!

And I loved the multiple reassurances throughout the story t
Meep
Short fairytale fluff. Totally unbelievable, but hell, if only the world was this accepting! It reminds me of a yaoi comic and I could practically see it raining flowers and stars.

Tory found his desire to look pretty very suddenly and embraced it at whirlwind speed. Everyone is lovely - though what's with stepford-mum and cooking warm meals? The camera obsession was a bit much.

Cute bit of nonscense that suited a quick read before sleeping. Not enough here to warrant a future re-read.
Bookbee
An absolutely charming short about Tory agreeing to step in and model for his photographer aunt when one of the original models is a no-show. The twist is that Tory, a guy (albeit a pretty one), will substitute for the female in the fashion shoot. I loved how supportive his family and friends were.
Veronica /  V
Nice story for sure, however, this is one of the most abrupt endings I have ever read. Where is the rest of the story?
Jade
Sep 28, 2013 Jade rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, freebie
3.5, but I'll round up since I enjoyed it. Sweet and uncomplicated, even though dealing with potentially explosive subjects. I liked that-it worked for this free short. Thank you for a lovely read :)
Pjm12
Really sweet, really positive, really hopeful.
Monique
Dec 30, 2014 Monique rated it really liked it
I loved this one! It put such a smile on my face.
April
Jul 10, 2013 April rated it it was amazing
Loved this story! Tory was an interesting character, definitely still finding his way, as it should be, since he's still pretty young. Different that he hadn't self-identified as anything much yet, just a guy totally interested in photography, which gave him a reason for not focusing all that much on everything else. Yes, he had a very good girlfriend/girl friend/bff, which might mean something or nothing. So it was a very reasonable set up for the whole "surprise, you're not going to be a male ...more
Dani Hermit
Jul 31, 2013 Dani Hermit rated it really liked it
There are very few short stories that I truly enjoy, but this is one of them. I found the characters likable and while I would have liked to have seen more to flesh them out, it is a short story so there is only so much room for that.

There are parts of this story that brought tears to my eyes. The main character, Tory, has such a loving family supporting him during this tough realization. I was surprised by the way the acceptance and love was portrayed. To be honest, the first sentence or two of
Shelley Chastagner
Oct 17, 2016 Shelley Chastagner rated it it was amazing
It was so enjoyable watching Tori discover who he was. I was delighted by the response of Tori's family. His father telling him to just be himself because they love him, whatever, whoever he might be. His mother's willingness to help him through his nervousness, made me smile. Best friend, brother, and classmates stand behind him. And Lucas, he proves himself to be everything that Tori is hoping for. It was wonderful that he saw the real Tori. In turn Tori sees the real Lucas, the guy that makes ...more
Marthese Formosa
Sep 10, 2013 Marthese Formosa rated it it was amazing
This was a sweet and short read. It has the message that we have to discover who we are but it's done so lightly and despite it being only half original,it avoids writing in a cliche way. It makes you smile and giggle and really Tory has the best family and best friend ever, most people at school are OK, even his brother and then he gets a cool boyfriend. You need these sweet novels to cheer up your life sometimes. I read it in around an hour. At the end he appreciated his family, but I felt ...more
Nicole Loop
Jul 26, 2016 Nicole Loop rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbt, m-m
I got this off Amazon thinking it was a graphic novel so when I finally got it I was disappointed and confused at the cost for such a short story. But I read it and still enjoyed it fully. it's a cute small book where the guy is pretty much accepted for cross dressing by everyone. which is okay but kinda weird I guess that no one really questions the sudden decision of him cross dressing but then again why not? It's a nice change for once that it's just quickly okay with everyone.
I just wish it
Heather
Sep 20, 2013 Heather rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, lhnb
Wait. Wait a minute!!

Did it seriously just end?? ::sigh:: of course it did. Just my luck.
(view spoiler)

So it was light and fluffy.

I loved Tory's family. It's was very refreshing to read about a supportive family!!
I would like to think I could support my own son as gracefully as his mom and dad supported him.

Is it a girl or a boy? Does
  • Right Hand Red
  • BTW I Love You
  • Pura Vida
  • Life Drawing
  • Red
  • The Field of Someone Else's Dreams (Saugatuck, #0.5)
  • Smoky Glimpses
Sam Kadence has always dreamed about being someone else, somewhere else. With very little musical talent, Sam decided the only way to make those dreams come true was to try everything from cosplay at the local anime conventions to writing novels about pretending to run away to become a musician.

Sam has a Bachelor's degree in Creative Writing, sells textbooks for a living, enjoys taking photographs
More about Sam Kadence...

Don't Read in the Closet Events (1 - 10 of 688 books)
  • Bobby's Christmas Gift
  • A Bugger to Pack
  • Christmas Gifts
  • Christmas in the Sandbox
  • Cocklebur's Christmas
  • The Conquerors (Zero-G wrestling)
  • Crying Wolf (Portals, #2.5)
  • D.N.A.: Double Helix