Start by marking “Boy in Box” as Want to Read:
Boy in Box

Boy in Box

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  27 ratings  ·  15 reviews
After a double murder shakes a suburban town, a boy's life becomes the center of a chain-reaction of events that affects everyone around him.

Luther McRae, an introverted family product of a busy mother, an overworked father and an autistic sister keeps the secrets of his pre-teen angst written down on scraps of paper and locked away in a box. That is, until a new girl arri
Paperback, trade, 247 pages
Published August 1st 2013 by Hubbub Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Boy in Box, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Boy in Box

Paula
This was an amazing read about the emotions, decisions, and difficulties a young boy encounters while growing up. I had tears in my eyes when he learned of the consequences of the choices that he made. How often have we acted without thinking how our actions could affect so many people?
Christopher
I wrote it. I love it.
Scott Fabel
In the spirit of full disclosure, I must confess that I know this book's author, Christopher Michael. In truth, that doesn't matter. Even if I had not known him, I would have still given this book five stars. It was a remarkable debut.

The books begins with a double-murder that shakes the residents of a very small town. The murders seem to set off a string of events that carry through until the end of the book. Perhaps no one in the town is as affected as much as the book's main character, Luthe
Moon
This book is about a little boy in middle school, just starting puberty and dealing with emotions, and figuring out who he is in relation to the world around him.

It has a murder mystery, a touch of a romance and a heartbreaking story of a young girl he knows... and then there are a couple of heart pounding action scenes that leave you turning the page and reading fast....

I am so glad to have won this book on Goodreads, Christopher Michael is a very talented writer!
Zara Brumana
I'm one of the very first people to have read this book. I even got to read it in stages as the minor editorial/typo changes were being made. Perhaps you can consider that my great fortune as I was able to view this book as it grew into maturation.

Boy In Box is a strange and winding tale about a middle school boy, caught smack dab in a tidal bore of life in a small, lower-middle-class family living in the heart of the Northern East part of the country. As someone from California, this was a lear
Autumn
I received this book to give an honest review.

I really enjoyed the whole story overall and how it goes to show how one event, person, action or consequence has a ripple effect.
A man is murdered down the street of Luther, with that happening Luther finds his self pretty much tossed in the middle of helping a new girl that moves into his town. His best friend Jake looks after him even though he has his own problems, Luther's mother is super busy with his sister Lucy.

When the new girl Virginia mov
Heather Badgwell
Luther appears to be an average boy. But he knows that every little move that is made in life, has a reaction that may not affect you, but has an affect somewhere in the world. His best friend, Jake, looks out for him. His mother seems to have her hands full, not only with Luther, but with his little sister, Lucy. Meeting Virginia seemed to be a simple action, but little did he know how she would change his world. After a man who lived down the street, was murdered, Luther's world seemingly turn ...more
V Mignon
In my intangible repository of memories, I don't recall the names of my neighbors. I don't remember playing with too many children from my street, other than those directly across from me. I don't remember my parents talking about the various families that populated our old address; they only talk about the violence that occurs there frequently these days. It's difficult for me to come into a book that is set in the current year with a thriving neighborhood community, the likes of which I never ...more
Caroline
Wow! If I could give "Boy in Box" ten stars, it still wouldn't be enough to measure how good this story really is. The story of Luther McRae will grab a hold of you and not let go until you reach the end. Well written, fast paced with surprising yet oddly believable twists of fate, "Boy in Box" is a must read. It most assuredly was my lucky day when I won this book as a first reads awardee on goodreads.
Kris Georeno
Beautifully written! I highly suggest everyone read this book! I'm honored to have been chosen by goodreads to read this fabulous debut!
Morgan
I got this book for free on First Read Giveaway. I liked this book. It felt as if it used a lot of words but didn't say much.
Peg
Boy in Box is a story with a ton of twists and turns, some foreseeable and others not. The disability element is Luther's 3-year-old sister who is severely autistic. Her behavior is often a thorn in his side, demanding nearly all of his mother's time and energy.

I found the story at times confusing, with quite a good-sized cast of characters. Murder, bullying, alcoholism, physical and sexual abuse are all in there--having so many made it difficult to successfully develop the themes. It is a good
Rachelle
Can't really say much about this book. The plot ans storyline was interesting, but this book really did not catch my attention. The book was too simple...there was like just a single layer story, nothing to dig into and learn about when it comes to the characters and how they faced their emotional termoil.
Olivia
I really liked this book, especially the main character's weird girlfriend. She reminded me of myself.
Merska
Good book. Well-written. Fast-paced. Engaging. Thumbs-up!
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2015
Database
Database marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2015
Kerri
Kerri marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
luisa
luisa marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
Sunshyne
Sunshyne marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Noblemayhem
Noblemayhem marked it as to-read
May 20, 2015
Savannah
Savannah marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2015
Lou
Lou marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2015
Tj
Tj marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2015
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Lena♥Ribka
Lena♥Ribka marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
Helene
Helene marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Janet Hutchinson
Janet Hutchinson marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Conquest Earth (Tarizon Trilogy #3)
  • Bleeding Hearts (Killian Kendall, #1)
  • The Saeshell Book of Time, Part 1: The Death of Innocents (Children of Sophista, #1)
  • Nightmare Range: The Collected Sueno and Bascom Short Stories
  • Jake
  • Soldier Boy (The Adventures of Bryce Tyconnel, Book One)
  • Sociopathic Society: A People's Sociology of the United States
  • If Truth Were to Be Told
  • Spirit Singer
  • 1 in 3: These Are Our Stories
  • Dressing Up
  • Pukawiss The Outcast
  • Death Be Not Proud (The Secret of the Journal #2)
  • Bliss
  • The Predicate (Subjected, #2)
  • Cooley Rose
  • Cockeyed (Donald Strachey, #11)
  • The Man Everybody Was Afraid Of (Dave Brandstetter, #4)
Christopher R. Michael is a novelist, poet and screenwriter with a BA in English from Millersville University. He has worked with children and young adults including fifteen years as a gymnastics coach. He is originally from Levittown, Pennsylvania and currently resides in Harrisburg, Pa.
More about Christopher R. Michael...
HEARTTHROB Preparation: [H]ead - Literature Suppository