Start by marking “Choosing Glee: 10 Rules to Finding Inspiration, Happiness, and the Real You” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
Choosing Glee: 10 Rule...

Jenna Ushkowitz

Choosing Glee: 10 Rules to Finding Inspiration, Happiness, and the Real You

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  240 ratings  ·  32 reviews
"Glee" star Jenna Ushkowitz, a.k.a. "Tina," inspires fans to invoke positive thinking into everything they do in this inspirational scrapbook.
Time to Gleek out!
Fans of the breakout musical series will flock to Ushkowitz's heartfelt and practical guide on how to be your true self, gain self-esteem, and find your inner confidence. In "Choosing Glee," Jenna shares her life
Published May 14th 2013 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Choosing Glee, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Choosing Glee

Mikala
Jan 31, 2014 Mikala rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: GLEEKS!
Choosing Glee is empowering and life-changing; it is the perfect book to read when you're feeling unsure of yourself or a situation. And because I feel unsure of myself and life situations about 90% of the time, this was a helpful pick-me-up. It's like a fun self-help book for teens which I find to be totally awesome and there needs to be more books like this out there. Books that engage and help teenagers on their path to finding themselves. You don't have to be a Glee fan to enjoy this book be ...more
Mathilde
Definitely one of the most inspirational books I have ever read.
Jenna is absolutely amazing, and she has changed my view of so many things. I will definitely read this again very soon and go through some of the stuff, and remember what she's said, because it has been surprisingly helpful and just brilliant to read.
Emily Schirmer
“[…] each of these goals takes an enormous amount of dedication and drive. Life gets in the way. Things happen to distract or deter you. That’s when you have to ask yourself, ‘How bad do I want it?’ Anticipate the obstacles. Deal with the setbacks. If one path doesn’t get you there, then try another. Just don’t ever lose sight of what you really want.”
* * *
I absolutely adored this book. When I read it, I felt as though Jenna was right next to me in the room actually talking to me and only me. I
Stacey
I am all about "Glee". So pre-ordering Jenna Ushkowitz's new book "Choosing Glee" was only natural. I have to say this book is just beautiful. The pictures of Jenna and/or the Glee gang is worth the purchase price alone. Jenna's offers up some fun background stories about her life and some Glee adventures. The book is about how Jenna stays positive and focuses on reaching her goals and being true to herself. Its presented in a fun, entertaining, and positive way. I do think the book could appeal ...more
Audrey
Maybe it's just because I'm a total theatre nerd, maybe it's cause Jenna is just that amazing, but this book was incredible. Wonderfully written, beautifully laid out, overall swell.
I already loved Jenna, now I love her more. She has taught me a lot in only 207 pages.
I definitely recommend this little gem! I couldn't put it down! :)
Alex
I'm a pretty big fan of Glee, or at least I was. (I didn't really like the last season and I have yet to watch any of this current season). In the beginning though, it was really fun and original.

Jenna plays Tina on the show, and when I saw she wrote a book I immediately wanted to read it. I can definitely say I'm a fan of her now. She seems like such a wonderful, positive person and I loved learning more about her.

The "rules" Jenna talks about are pretty standard, and if the book had just been
Claire
I won this book in a First Reads giveaway on Goodreads.

Choosing Glee is a cute book written by TV star Jenna Ushkowitz, who plays Tina on the popular show Glee. You don’t have to be a Glee fan to enjoy this (but that would probably help to be honest.)

Choosing Glee is essentially a little guide to making yourself happier and making your life more positive. While it is a cheery little piece, it’s a little cliche at times. There are “Heartwork Assignments” where you make lists of things that you li
Lacee Peebles
I read the book “Choosing Glee” by Jenna Ushkowitz and Sheryl Berk. “Choosing Glee” is about Jenna Ushkowitz, who is Tina Chang on the hit TV show Glee on Fox. She tells her about her life and how she got to where she is now. Also she tries to help you find inspiration, happiness, and who you really are. This book is really inspiring which makes it readable and great for anyone.
The author’s purpose to this book is to inspire you to work hard, be happy, and be yourself. The theme of the book I t
Annabelle
*I received this book in a First Reads Giveaway. This has not influenced my opinion regarding the book in any way.

Jenna Ushkowitz is a truly inspirational person who is eager to impart her wisdom regarding life, even at such a young age. Her stories make you smile and admire her willingness to overcome adversity and pursue her dreams. Any Glee fans will love the references back to those in the cast and enjoy hearing the little stories of friendship between everyone.

The "heartwork" (rather than
Alice
Jun 26, 2013 Alice rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those who like Glee
Recommended to Alice by: Glee
Shelves: 3-star
So I read this book cover to cover in two hours; it's not a long book, and it's more something you would browse and look to, rather than sit down and read, in my opinion.
I LOOOOOOVE Glee, like, I REALLY love Glee, so I was more than excited to read this book. Jenna seems like a really cool person and her interviews always make me laugh, so I was more than willing to pick up this book.
Generally, it's a really interesting read, and it did make me feel more positive and happier by the end. The "be
Chloé
I confess myself, I’m a huge fan of Glee. I have been following the show religiously. I like the messages it conveys, the messages saying: you can be whoever you want to be, but you need to keep trying, the person you are is a beautiful one, no matter your sexual orientation, the culture you’re from, you need to have confidence in yourself. more

Je l’avoue, je suis une fan de Glee. Je suis la télésérie religieusement. J’aime les messages qu’elle véhicule, ceux qui disent : tu peux être qui tu so
Kelly Cochrane
I love Glee so I decided to pick this book up. The book truly is inspiration but I felt like I couldn't get into it. The book was very slow and took me forever to read; I kept not reading it. I loved all the glee the book had to offer and Ushkowitz's advice was lovely.
Angela
I made a goal this year to live more and to try and really embrace happiness. I also made a goal to read at least 10 nonfiction books this year. When I picked this up at the library, I was excited that it fit both goals!

The book was a fun, uplifting read. Creative format for the book. Jenna seems really funny and laid back and I enjoyed reading about how she makes the choice to be happy. Good, quick read with a lot of fun stories and tips. I liked it.
Lana Shupe
Jun 11, 2014 Lana Shupe marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Christel
I did NOT expect to give this a 5 rating. This book will be a sure hit for Gleeks, BUT so many people can benefit by this book because it was so well done. Jenna was so open not only about what she's done right, but admits what she's done wrong or what she's not proud of having done. Happiness is not only doing right but avoiding doing wrong - both as much as possible, but you have to LEARN from it all. Jenna learned from both right and wrong, and in a very well planned and executed book shares ...more
Vivian Choi
Surprisingly, this was a fantastic and quick read. Filled with inspirational quotes, anecdotes and advice - everything you need to tune up your day is in this book.
Amanda
This is a little more geared towards the teen crowd, but I enjoyed reading it all the same.
Edwina Hall Callan
Received this book free through the Goodreads First-Reads giveaway site.

I have to admit that I've only watched the Glee TV show once and that was enough.
I know if I were in my teens or early 20's that I probably would have loved it,
but at my age now ... nope, not for me.
I did enjoy this book though and love the idea of Jenna Ushkowitz using her fame to promote emotional well being in the young people out there. She gives some good tips on life in general and encourages the reader to work hard
Stephanie A.
I read it cover to cover, but I keep paging through it time and again because it’s just this big ol’ glossy scrapbook of bright colors and happiness. Seemingly minimal text (although at one point she says she handed in a final draft of 40,000 words), but wonderfully designed and connected by a theme of quotes from Glee cast mates and references to the show and her time on it. Little sad whenever she mentions her boyfriend being her rock (as they just split up), but all in all, it does exactly wh ...more
Super cute! I loved this book :)
chonnalin
such an inspiring book written by an amazing person. :)
Fallon
Sweet. Very enjoyable. Like a happy Glee scrapbook.
Danique
Jenna is so inspirational and reading this book made me love her even more. :') I also adored how she added all these quotes from glee cast members and other friends and how she not only talked about her own life but also about her family and friends. I thought the part where she wrote about Chris and his courage was like the cutest thing ever. And I loved seeing all those cute and fun pictures as well, of course!
Ashley
This one of the first giveaway I entered and won(surprisingly)!
I only ever watched one episode of glee at my boyfriend's mom house.
If I won I told her I'd give her this copy when she comes out again or we go there again.
I bookmarked some of the assignments I thought were interesting and agreed to make copies of to do with my best friend Stephanie.
Georgie
I liked the mix between scrapbook and self-help book. There's not much to it, but being a fan of Glee I enjoyed the insight nonetheless. Read it very quickly - easy to skim read and look at the behind-the-scenes pictures instead. (;
Becky
Jenna really stays in her "Tina/high school student" character while writing this book. I can see how someone in high school might find the "10 rules to finding inspiration, happiness and the real you" helpful / applicable. But for a 30-something, it was DUMB
Abigail Hernandez
It was all a little elementary and cheesy, but being a fan of Jenna herself, I know that she is GENUINELY that happy and positive so I know it's not fake. The book itself was gorgeous so that doesn't hurt either. Love all the pictures.
I was really pleasantly surprised by Jenna's writing, though I know she had some help from a ghostwriter. Regardless, it was entertaining and genuinely good advice that I could tell came from experience. The BTS pictures also didn't hurt.
13chloec6
This book was really inspiring. Jenna's uprising story makes me want to do great things with my own life! This is a good book to read as a short, fun, non fiction read. It was a great book and I am so very happy that I read it.
Kerrikoala
I would like to choose glee, but I'm not sure that this book really inspired me to do it. Maybe I'm just not ready? Her advice was decent, but her real life examples made me dislike her a little.
  • Brunette Ambition
  • Secrets of a Former Fat Girl: How to Lose Two, Four (or More!) Dress Sizes--And Find Yourself Along the Way
  • Scissors: A Novel
  • Tantra (The Anu Files, #1)
  • Summer Break (Glee, #3)
  • Don't Stop Believin': The Unofficial Guide to Glee
  • The Red Dragon
  • Out of Sync: A Memoir
  • John Smith - Last Known Survivor of the Microsoft Wars
  • Forest, What Would You Like?
  • Get Your Own Damn Beer, I'm Watching the Game!: A Woman's Guide to Loving Pro Football
  • One Light Still Shines: My Life Beyond the Shadow of the Amish Schoolhouse Shooting
  • Roll Me Up and Smoke Me When I Die:  Musings from the Road
  • The Best of Friends: Two Women, Two Continents, and One Enduring Friendship
  • Natural Beekeeping: Organic Approaches to Modern Apiculture
  • Hell Above Earth: The Incredible True Story of an American WWII Bomber Commander and the Copilot Ordered to Kill Him
  • Fodor's Walt Disney World with Kids 2012: with Universal Orlando, SeaWorld & Aquatica
  • The Official Chuck Norris Fact Book: 101 of Chuck's Favorite Facts and Stories

“You’re exactly where you need to be. Don’t think you’ve lost time. Every opportunity you’ve passed on has brought you to this moment, and every moment is a fresh chance to start again.” 1 likes
“If you feel like you're at 50 percent with someone and that's as far as you'll get, you're wasting precious time. You should always be with someone who enriches your life and inspires you to be the best you can be.” 0 likes