The Bear's Tears  (Kenneth Aubrey and Patrick Hyde, #5)

The Bear's Tears (Kenneth Aubrey and Patrick Hyde #5)

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  135 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Thriller - The trap was baited and waiting. Waiting for forty years and MI5's Aubrey to step right into it ... And then one of British Intelligence's most formidable figures would be heading for disgrace and British Intelligence would be heading for disaster. But Aubrey still had one or two tricks up his sleeve. And one or two friends determined that things would not go ac...more
Paperback
Published January 1st 1991 by Time Warner Paperbacks (first published 1985)

To ask other readers questions about The Bear's Tears, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bear's Tears

StoryTellerShannon
Story involves a middle-aged spy who's on vacation in eastern Europe, when he's called forward for a dangerous assignment, dealing with a nefarious plot set up by the Russians (i.e. this is set during the Cold War).

Some of the most intense emotional experiences for the spy as he realizes he can trust no one and is running out of time. His escape, in the beginning, from Austria was a roller coaster ride.
Greer Andjanetta
Asomewhat lengthy, draggy at first, espionage story about a Russian plot to discredit the head of Britain's MI5. The story picks up about 1/3 of the way through the book but is still a bit slow and unexiting. This book is a departure from Craig Thomas' usual plot dealing with military hardware and is more in the genre of John LeCarre or Len Deighton. The last half of the book is attention-holding however.
Chris
I read this book when I was at school (I was somewhere between 12 & 15) & the other kids didn't believe me that I was actually reading such a thick book - twats. Anyway I remember enjoying it so I just bought it again and will re-review it after my 2nd read :)
Richard
relatively solid cold war thriller. has some nice highs and lows builds to a good conclusion but is just a tad mired in swampy pacing here and there
Cws
M Tho
Michael Evans
Michael Evans marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Suzy
Suzy added it
Aug 06, 2014
James Love
James Love marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Andrew Hayes
Andrew Hayes marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
Grame
Grame added it
Mar 26, 2014
Thewalkinglexicon
Thewalkinglexicon marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2014
Sivasankar
Sivasankar marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
David Craig Owen Thomas was a Welsh author of thrillers, most notably the Mitchell Gant series.

The son of the Western Mail rugby union writer, JBG Thomas, Craig was educated at Cardiff High School. He graduated from University College, Cardiff in 1967, obtaining his M.A. after completing a thesis on Thomas Hardy. Thomas became an English Teacher, working in various grammar schools in the West Midl...more
More about Craig Thomas...
Firefox (Mitchell Gant, #1) Firefox Down! (Mitchell Gant, #2) Winter Hawk (Mitchell Gant, #3) Sea Leopard (Kenneth Aubrey and Patrick Hyde, #3) Snow Falcon (Kenneth Aubrey and Patrick Hyde, #1)