Earth Power: Techniques of Natural Magic (Llewellyn's Practical Magick)

Earth Power: Techniques of Natural Magic (Llewellyn's Practical Magick)

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  1,369 ratings  ·  23 reviews
The ways of magic are revealed in nature . . . The secrets are written in meandering streams and drifting clouds, whispered by the roaring ocean and cooling breeze, echoed through caves and rocks and forests. When you draw a heart in the sand, call on the four winds for assistance, or ask the rain to wash away a bad habit, you are practicing earth magic. By working in harm...more
Published September 8th 2002 by Llewellyn Publications (first published 1983)

Wicca by Scott CunninghamThe Spiral Dance by StarhawkDrawing Down the Moon by Margot AdlerDemons of the Flesh by Nikolas SchreckThe Triumph of the Moon by Ronald Hutton
The Best Pagan Books
9th out of 183 books — 118 voters
Wicca by Scott CunninghamThe Triumph of the Moon by Ronald HuttonMrs Darley's Pagan Healing Wisdom by Carole CarltonThe Complete Book of Incense, Oils & Brews by Scott CunninghamMrs Darley's Moon Mysteries by Carole Carlton
Wicca
12th out of 43 books — 33 voters

More lists with this book...

Steve Cran
Scott Cunningham is one of the premier voices in Wicca. He has written over 50 books on Wicca and Witch craft. In this short comprehensive book called "Earth Magic" the author discusses Earth Magic. Earth Magic is based on tapping into the energy off the four elements. Earth, Fire, Air and water. The rituals are simple and easy to use. They are mostly folk magic and the spells have been around for a very long time which means they are tried and true. These spells are not Wiccan they are from an...more
Ashley
Chapters are brief, but informative. The appendices aren't long, so if you're looking for an extremely thorough list of runes or colors this might not be the source to go with.

I found the infomation useful and interesting, even when short. There are a lot of practical and simple ways to perform magic that probably get overlooked. What I liked best was just that: the simplicity. A lot of books I've read, or thumbed through, make the process into elaborate rituals. And while this, I'm sure, works...more
Onyx
Mar 05, 2013 Onyx rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: Beginners and other dreamers
This was the very first book that reintroduced me to world of magic in 1992. The rituals were so simple, and the artwork was so inspiring, I could just imagine myself being the women in the drawings casting the spells. From then on out, I had more of a leaning toward the simple elegance of elemental magic as opposed to the clunky ceremonial magic that had way too much overkill in the theatrical drama department....even though I have delved into my own version of it every once in a very great whi...more
Aaron Meyer
It is one of the classics, there is no getting away from that. Yes it is simplistic but between the writing and the artwork it kind of grows on you.
Mónica
I loved it. My first book in Paganism was from Cunnigham and reading his books again is fantastic. I love his writing and how he connects with the reader. This book not only gives you several spells related to Natural Magic but also does a thing which most books don't: Teaches you to love Natural Magic. To work with it, to feel connect to the world around you. That is just fantastic!
Steve
I made a good decision to read this small book as an introduction to mysticism, it's made simple and straight to the point. It contains the right amount of theory to get you started and enable you to understand what it means to make willful acts to change your world, then takes you through a hands-on practical journey.
RyanOhRama
The only reason I chose four stars other than five is because the beginning is just like every other book you read about this subject. Took a little while to get into the actual purpose but overall an effective and educational book for anyone interested in nature and intention.
Nikki Ashendorf
Who doesn't love Uncle Scott Cunningham? I have all of his books, they where my teachers 14 yrs ago when I was just a budding witch. While I am not Wiccan anymore, I just can't get rid of them. I also lend them out to my students who want to learn the Wiccan path.
Swankivy
I thought this was decent but kind of simplistic; in any case it was a good intro to elemental and natural magic, with some good suggestions for exercises. I didn't actually end up applying much of what he taught in here though.
Bianca Bradley
More natural remedies geared toward protection and part of his kitchen witchery K.I.S.S principle. He is a master of Keep it simple stupid. Not many others could keep it concise, poetic, and workable.
C.C.
My mom got me this book when I was twelve years old and I still have it. i read through it many times and found many of the techniques in it work wonders. Very simple earth magick.
Pamela
A great resource for those interested in natural magic. Cunningham gives sample rituals for different purposes, and they're very easy to adapt for your own rituals.
Angie Rhodes
I love this book,informative,and easy to understand. Scott Cunnigham,is a must read author,for anyone interested in Wicca.
Parson
Great primer for raising and direction chtonic energy. Also great for empowering spiritual self-direction.
Leslie
This book was ok. I wish it would have had more info and less spells, but I guess thats to be expected.
Simple magick with every day objects found in nature. Excellent resource.
Susan Klinke
Not sure how to rate this book without first trying some of the spells.
A great little primmer on the elementals and basic Wiccan magic
Daniel Devereux
Not that great but I'd recommend it over any Silver RavenWolf drivel.
Wendyrose89
A student of Wicca really can't go wrong with Cunningham
Ash
I like this author. It was an interesting book.
Sandi Kay
This is one of my Pagan bibles
Rachel
This was one of the first witchcraft books I read. I really liked it.
Ian
One of the first books I read on the subject of magic. It is a great starting point. I would recommend this to anyone wanting to start slowly with magic.
Laura Truscott
Laura Truscott marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
Shelby Smith
Shelby Smith marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
Pagan Bookclub: Earth Power - June Read 1 2 Jun 03, 2012 02:40AM
  • Wicca For One: The Path Of Solitary Witchcraft
  • Natural Witchery: Intuitive, Personal & Practical Magick
  • The Elements of Ritual: Air, Fire, Water & Earth in the Wiccan Circle
  • Wicca: A Year and a Day: 366 Days of Spiritual Practice in the Craft of the Wise
  • The Craft: A Witch's Book of Shadows
  • Witch Crafting: A Spiritual Guide to Making Magic
  • The Witches' Goddess
  • True Magick: A Beginner's Guide a Beginner's Guide
  • Natural Magic
  • The Inner Temple of Witchcraft: Magick, Meditation and Psychic Development (Temple of Witchcraft, #1)
  • Paganism: An Introduction to Earth-Centered Religions
  • The Encyclopedia of Magickal Ingredients: A Wiccan Guide to Spellcasting
  • Wicca for Beginners: Fundamentals of Philosophy & Practice
  • Wheel of the Year: Living the Magical Life
Scott Douglas Cunningham was the author of dozens of popular books on Wicca and various other alternative religious subjects. Today the name Cunningham is synonymous with natural magic and the magical community. He is recognized today as one of the most influential and revolutionary authors in the field of natural magic.

Scott Cunningham was born at the William Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, Michi...more
More about Scott Cunningham...
Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner Living Wicca: A Further Guide for the Solitary Practitioner Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs (Llewellyn's Sourcebook Series) (Cunningham's Encyclopedia Series) The Complete Book of Incense, Oils & Brews Earth, Air, Fire & Water: More Techniques of Natural Magic